[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth getting ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: BorderlandsBoxArt.jpg (302 KB, 567x720) Image search: [Google]
BorderlandsBoxArt.jpg
302 KB, 567x720
Is this worth getting ?
>>
>>343352618
If you have someone to play with
>>
>>343352735
I don't
>>
People shit all over the 2nd one because of meme writing, but me and my friends had a good time playing it. The gameplay is addictive and the writing does a decent job at giving some context to what you're doing.

The first one, after coming back to it recently, is a lot slower paced and darker humoured. The gameplay feels really dated now though.

If you haven't played any of the series then go for it and play in release order.

(Some of the DLC for 2 is god tier)
>>
>>343352998
What if you can only play solo ?
>>
>>343352857
Well I played it solo and personally had fun with it. Just be prepared to not be able to do any of the special bosses
>>
>>343353097
I played through em both solo first before I got a friend to join me in the 2nd one. I enjoyed a lot of hours with these games
>>
>>343353325
>>343353258
hmmm seems like i wouldn't be getting the full experience going solo then
>>
>>343353518
I wouldnt worry about it, its some raid like bosses. The games are pretty huge and the extra bosses are just there for loot farming once you're finished with the story.

I don't think I've done any of them, even with my friend. We usually replay through Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep expansion for 2 becuase it's more fun for us.
>>
File: 1445394058301.jpg (115 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445394058301.jpg
115 KB, 400x400
1's the best if you don't have people, but a bit dated and has no story.

2's pretty eh, writing and game play-wise, but not terrible and has the most content.

TPS is 2 with better gameplay, but far worse writing.

Tales is a Telltale """game""", but has really good writing, aside from a few Burch lines and a dues ex machina ending.

If you get 2, avoid playing Krieg in singleplayer, especially if it's your first time playing Borderlands.
>>
>>343352618
The first one, yeah
>>
>>343352618
Yes.

It's the only one worth getting. Make sure it's the GOTY one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.