[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever want to become a pro gamer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: slayers boxer.jpg (23 KB, 402x300) Image search: [Google]
slayers boxer.jpg
23 KB, 402x300
Did you ever want to become a pro gamer?
>>
Just a reminder that Koreans are the lowest scoring players in almost any multiplayer game. Scoring is literally the same between different country servers, and even Overwatch players who ranked above 60 are only about a tenth of what the NA server has.

Also that Korean girl who mains Zarya was being pocketed by a Mercy the entire time. They were being babied along by Blizz teammates because the company is just as SJW and pushing a progressive agenda as ever.
>>
>>343351925

It's a video game. Did a gook rape you?
>>
>>343351925
Thanks for the heads up, autist!
>>
Not really no. I stop playing video games when they stop being fun and competitive gaming is not fun for me.
>>
No, because it goes from playing for fun to a chore where you can't afford to make a mistake or else everyone will hate you. Also, being a pro gamer isn't something you want to tell non-gamers.
>>
No

When I was in like 9th grade I wanted to be a games tester but then I learned what working QA actually meant and promptly said "fuck that"
>>
File: Top 10 DotA earnings.jpg (151 KB, 764x322) Image search: [Google]
Top 10 DotA earnings.jpg
151 KB, 764x322
Only if it was for DotA
>>
File: 1466539545481.png (264 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466539545481.png
264 KB, 600x600
>>343351420
>Being an average simfag is above being a pro gamer
Kek. its like being a master playing with marbles, it wont get you anywhere.
>>
>>343351420
Nope. It seems a depressing life.
>>
If the pay was good enough that I could live comfortably then yeah, why not. I never actively wanted to be one though
>>
No, it seems awful. You just get abused by companies and are forced to play for 16+ hours a day to remain competitive.
>>
>>343352873
Not to mention all the drugs these people pop.
>>
>>343353639

yeah all none of them

>guy off-handedly says they were on adderall at a tournament
>at that exact tournament they tied for last place with 7 other teams
>they drug test teams after this good for nothing faggot's comment
>NOBODY COMES UP POSITIVE FOR ANYTHING
>>
>>343354245
More like anytime anything gets as big as E-sports has with a fuck ton of money on the line people tend to start doing sketchy shit.
>>
>>343354501

people throw games, that's it.

the notion that drugs would help someone play a game better is fucking retarded
>>
>>343354501

Not even that much money. The pro players aren't even the ones that profit the most. It's a shit industry, and seems to attract desperate autists with no real world skills, so they get manipulated easily.
>>
I would fucking hate video games for the rest of my fucking life if I have to play them 16 hours a day just to git good. And I could make a lot more money investing the same amount of time in other ventures and still play vidya for fun so you have to be mentally retarded to want to be a pro gamer.
>>
WHEN I'M GRANDMASTER I WILL PLAY FASTER.
>>
Yeah, but the game I mained never got big so I decided that it wasn't worth my time.
>>
I've thought about it rarely, but then I realize being forced to practice a competitive game with the same schedule and effort people put into their studies and 9-5s would more or less murder all the fun of gaming
>>
>>343352165
Also the fact that you get paid to win just adds so much more pressure on you to perform better that it becomes even more infuriating to lose
>>
>>343351420
Don't you have to be trams to be a pro gamer? Or is that just streaming? Because having played around with hormones for a few years I wouldn't mind it
>>
>>343356778
I only know of one trans pro gamer. Who else did you have in mind?
>>
File: 1466702855270.jpg (18 KB, 181x280) Image search: [Google]
1466702855270.jpg
18 KB, 181x280
>>343351420
yes

i was going to tryhard this year, but my mommy switched to a shit internet company to save shekels so the dream is dead now
>>
>>343351420
No.

But Boxer was my childhood hero.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.