[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"You see it too? For me it's always like this."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: itgothotandhectic.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
itgothotandhectic.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
"You see it too? For me it's always like this."

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>343349413
Ya i wanna know too! I actually wanna know alot more about her character, it seems as though she didn't really have a role to play in the story
>>
File: 1466829447644.jpg (25 KB, 358x512) Image search: [Google]
1466829447644.jpg
25 KB, 358x512
>>343349413
>Back then, the Silent Hill series and Shadow of the Colossus were used as examples when discussing videogames as art

When will the Renaissance Era of videogames happen, /v/?
>>
>>343349413
Wish this board wasn't full of b&s so we could discuss this game.
>>
>>343350640
when they figure this VR shit out
>>
>>343349413
Where was her momma.....i mean mother
>>
maybe everything burning is a projection of her own inner turmoil, while James has the monsters.

Who knows?
>>
>>343350708
The game was released 15 years ago.
What's left to discuss?

The only people who are still discussing are probably those idiots at the SH forums/wiki who think that pyramid head is SH
>>
>>343349413
You know what's the best? Is how they put Pyramid Head in Homecoming, Book of Memories, and the two movies as well. That made sense.
>>
>>343351361
Why would you even care about the Silent Hill series past part 3???
>>
>>343351229
Just a reprieve from Overwatch and DaSIII would be nice. Some appreciation for a classic.
>>
>>343351361
Wasn't a SH fan community involved in the second movie and said that you can't have Silent Hill without Pyramid Head?
>>
>>343351569
Because it could still be good, damn it. Besides, Shattered Memories wasn't bad.
>>
>>343351620
If they were, then they missed the entire point of Silent Hill.
>>
>>343351603
That's a good point.

I think it's like another anon already mentioned, an inner conflict. It's been a while since I last played SH2, but don't you get the Water ending by looking at Angelas knife often in the inventory screen? Maybe it's a hint that Angela has self-destructing tendencies (which was also obvious in a few cutscenes)
>>
>>343352215
>Maybe it's a hint that Angela has self-destructing tendencies

No fucking shit, right in that scene in OPs picture she asks for her knife back, and when James refuses to give it to her, she gets angry and asks if he's saving it for himself then. It's all but subtle what she wanted the knife for.
>>
File: th.jpg (9 KB, 300x277) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9 KB, 300x277
>>343349413
>>
>>343352493
As I said, it's been a while and I forgot about that.

The knife just made an impression on me. On my first playthrough I wondered what it's for and inspected it several times. I wouldn't go so far to call it fascinating but always when I get reminded of Silent Hill in general, the knife is one of the first things that come to my mind.

What was Eddies problem again?
>>
>>343353029
>What was Eddies problem again?

IIRC he always got bullied so one day he snapped and shot a jock in the knee. Also killed a dog. Might have killed a person as well, dunno.
>>
>>343352215
So you, like the other anon said, think that it's a manifestation of her inner conflict? It's obvious that Angela is suicidal, but are the flames resultant from her own Silent Hill, a projection, or James' and Angela's own psyches syncing in a way and finding common ground?
>>
>>343353029
Eddie liked to eat. Eddie was made fun of for eating. Eddie did not like being made fun of.
>>
File: 1373306379418.jpg (123 KB, 750x577) Image search: [Google]
1373306379418.jpg
123 KB, 750x577
Do any of you feel like people give SH4 more flak than it deserves?
>>
>>343353029
The town is full of monsters!
How can he just sit there and eat pizza!?
>>
>>343353324
I think it might be from her own Silent Hill and it seems possible to get into others Silent Hills since you had to face her father as a boss.
Maybe it's because they both kinda hate each other and all of that above is possible because they have some kind of connection/synch going on

>>343353482
Game mechanics were kinda shit.

>>343353405
>>343353797
Maybe he should stop eating so much or eat gourmet stuff and not just shit
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.