[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the hardest game of all time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Crypt-of-the-Necrodancer.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crypt-of-the-Necrodancer.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
Literally the hardest game of all time.
>>
>>343343163
Literally not.

But damn if it isn't fun. youve good taste, for a faggot
>>
It's not even the hardest indie game ever made, that goes to La-mulana
>>
I refunded this after 10 minutes

Please explain what makes it good, i understand the rhythm part but beyond that it's fucking terrible
>>
File: 1458844419613.png (37 KB, 618x799) Image search: [Google]
1458844419613.png
37 KB, 618x799
>>343343163
That's not Nuclear Throne
>>
>>343343163
After I played it for an hour, I went and played something else. I started doing things in a rhythm.

That's when I decided to refund.
>>
>>343343163
that's not Dark Souls
>>
File: 1374878740060.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1374878740060.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>343343163
>Beat Arya after weeks of trying
>Unlock Coda
>Check out his bio
>NOPE.JPG.PNG.TIFF.DOC.EXE
>>
It's fine until you get to the horseshit last character for the story. Unfortunately by then it was too late, and I had played over two hours.
>>
>>343343163
Shit-tier roguelite AND the dev is an SJW fuckwad. What a terrible game. Inb4 defense force;
>dev literally announces a character is a tranny or some shit on twitter
>not the official website or anything, but on twitter
>twitter
No defense.
>>
>>343345046
>>343344946
>>343345149
Let me know when you complete an all char low % run
>>
>>343346152
Let me know when you beat La-mulana's hell temple on hard, without a guide.

Let me know when you get the 100% ending which requires you to beat the game in under 10 hours.

Let me know when you loop 2 times in Nuclear Throne.
>>
>>343346497
157 people have already done that on PSNP alone
http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3265-LA-MULANA-EX/51-Running-out-in-the-open
29 people have done it on PSNP alone
http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4117-Nuclear-Throne/42-Go-Hard

Crypt of the Necrodancer is much more popular than both and only <5 people in the world have done all char low % across all platforms. Not really comparable
>>
>>343348152
>More popular games are played by casuals
wow who would have thunk
>>
>>343343163
It reminded me that I have no rhythm sense.
None at all.
>>
>sjw meme games
>>
>>343348152
>actually using cheevos as a defense
Jesus christ, I knew /v/ was infested with corporate dicksucking faggots but I didn't realize it was this awful.
>>
>>343348269
Crypt of the Necrodancer is much more difficult. It has a strong following in Japan due to its ridiculous difficulty and depth and Lowest of the Low is pretty much one of the hardest things you could ever go for in a game and requires utmost precision and skill and knowledge and tooks months and months of practice for even the very top players
>>
>>343348152
What a surprise, SJWs can't play vidya games, what else is new?
>>
>>343346497
>hell temple on hard, without a guide

But hell temple has, intentionally, no clues leading to it. That's not real difficulty, it's pixel hunting.

And its hard mode of the dungeon itself is not that hard.
>>
>>343348585
>name a specific task in a game
>this specific task has an achievement so it is easily quantifiable how difficult it is
>FUCK YOU CHEEVO FAGS REEEEE
It unlocks whether you want It to or not, and is the best way to determine the number of people who have done it.
>>
>>343343163
I love this game but I can't play any character that isn't Bard. And I make stupid fucking mistakes as Bard despite that. I also just beat All Zones Mode with Bard but didn't get the goddamn achievement for it. Does Custom Music fuck it up? Cuz it shouldn't on Bard since the Notes don't matter.
>>
>>343348875
Cheevos are not a defense of a game. <10 people have beaten frozen depths, period, does that mean that it's a better game since it has a rare cheevo?
>>
>>343349151
A literally who ASCII game with like 100 people in the world or less who have played it is not comparable to a game with 500k steam owners and likely another 50-100k PS4 owners that is played regularly by a devoted playerbase that wants to master the game.

You have literally never played Necrodancer and the skill ceiling is higher than 99.9% of games out there. Now fuck off retard
>>
>>343345451
>game can't be fun because dev eats shit
Do you ever make your own choices, anon?
>>
Test.
>>
>>343349951
Hi
>>
>>343345149
>30 fps
hmm
>>
>>343349572
Are you saying that because you can't understand how to play the game it's not comparable? Because if you take a look, this thread starts with you saying it's the hardest game ever (LOL) then backpedalling furiously and trying to defend the game with cheevos. The skill ceiling is about on par with League. Fucking Halo has a higher skill ceiling. All arena shooters have higher skill ceilings. RTS have higher skill ceilings. ASSFAGGOTS are on par or have higher skill ceilings. Actual rhythm games have higher skill ceilings. Danmaku have higher skill ceilings. Actual roguelikes have higher skill ceilings. Racing sims have higher skill ceilings. Just because it's the most obscure game you've heard of does not mean it has a high skill ceiling. You trying to defend the game's difficulty with challenge mode cheevos is hilarious and misguided, and only goes to prove that the game is rather shallow.
>>
>>343343163
fuck this game is so good but i'm so bad at it
even if i know the patterns i fuck up every time
i haven't been able to go past 2-2
>>
>>343350065
>fps mattering in pixel art games with choppy animations
come on now anon
>>
>>343349935
No, the dev eating shit is just the fecal frosting on the crap cake. I said it was a bad roguelite, too, which for some reason you didn't see. The rhythm aspects of the game are decent, but there are so many better roguelites out there, and if you want a rhythm game, unless you really dig RNG, other rhythm games will probably suit your desires better.
>>
>>343350369
but i like THIS game anon, fuck off
>>
>>343350453
why? I'm the only one that's talking about the game in the OP and this whole thread is 'pls respond ;_;'
>>
I like Crypt of the Necrodancer.

It is a fun game to play with a friend.
>>
>>343345052
idk all i got from it was it was a roguelike that was dumbed down enough for modern gamers but also had a quirky gimmick to appeal to them.

its a game for normies to play and say yea im a big hardcore game head i play all the rouge(pronounced rowg)likes top ten are necromancer, binding of isaac, and skyrim
>>
I remember getting this game back when it was in early access and being so fucking bad at it, I need to give it another go

Did anyone test the custom music thing? I want to go around slaying zombies while listening to Another One Bites the Dust, but I dunno how well that works
>>
>>343350084
Necrodancer requires you to be planning out all your moves and actions with a full knowledge of all the mechanics of the game all while keeping up with the beat and you fail if you miss a single note or take half a heart of damage (for certain characters).

Again, you've never played the game and are shitposting. And stop shilling your irrelevant ASCII game while you're at it.
>>
>>343351738
considering how the only thing it needs to detect in the music is a drumbeat i imagine it works well
>>
>>343351321
>literally the hardest roguelike out there
>it's for casuals xD I know because I played for 10 minutes xD
>>
>>343352234
alright man
>>
>>343346497
Let me know when you can beat Dark Souls
>>
>>343352234
It's not a roguelike.
>>
>>343353118
Whatever peoples' grievances and opinions on it, it is certainly a Roguelike.
>>
>>343353397
It's not but it has some roguelike elements.
>>
File: ddr.jpg (98 KB, 760x780) Image search: [Google]
ddr.jpg
98 KB, 760x780
>>343343163
Dance Dance Revolution is harder than this could ever be.

Literally babies first rhythm game. Like cool dude you just killed a skeleton lets see your fat rolls slosh in between another sweating out Max 300 on expert mode. I dont think so.
>waaah four directions are too hard! please just let me press a button on beat and thats it
>wow! goty! a flawless combination of 2 genres!

Shallow dumbed down Rythm game mixed with a shallow dumbed down roguelike. The only hard part about this game is not refunding it!
>>
File: Bailey's Panic Dance.gif (415 KB, 426x309) Image search: [Google]
Bailey's Panic Dance.gif
415 KB, 426x309
>>343353843
It has literally all the base components of a Roguelike - turn-based (though rhythmic) gameplay through procedurally generated dungeons in a grid pattern, fighting monsters, getting loot and risking permadeath around every corner.
>>
>>343353081

>thinking dark souls is actually hard.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.