[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a Legend of Zelda movie work? How would you make it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: dungeon.jpg (130 KB, 619x800) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.jpg
130 KB, 619x800
Could a Legend of Zelda movie work? How would you make it?
>>
no
I wouldn't
>>
they are making a series on netflix

ask netflix
>>
>>343337149
That rumor was proven false.
>>
>>343337305
pretty sure it was all but confirmed
>>
It's called 'Legend'.
>>
>Could a Legend of Zelda movie work?
Yes
> How would you make it work ?
by not making it look like Zelda®©™.
>>
Silent protagonists don't really work in movies

Yeah they have voices, but you don't really hear them speak any lines
>>
>>343337553
Listen!
>>
IN A LAND
>>
i fapped to link's juicy thighs when i was 11
>>
>>343336463

Bring Miyazaki back out of retirement again
>>
>>343336463
The worst thing you could do, is to try to involve the modern world or some contemporary person.
The second worst thing you could do is to follow the plot of any one of the released games.

You basically have to make a narrative that fits into the larger canon as if it were a game plot.

Sadly, what you are most likely to get is for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf to get magically teleported into New York or some other awful shit like that.
>>
>>343337370
Pretty sure you're retarded.
>>
>>343337702
OF MAGIC AND ADVENTURE

A YOUNG PRINCESS
>>
>>343337621
I actually could see it working as a short or music video more than a full blown movie. That said, they have made a cartoon series, so its not entirely unheard of them makin Link talk.
>>
remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCzkz3gHb8
>>
File: zelda.jpg (128 KB, 640x815) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
128 KB, 640x815
A anime movie wold work just fine
>>
The best attempt would still be a retroscript/Grammelot go for voices. Voiced is generally awful, because it allows for exposition to waste screen time.

Zelda is a adventure movie. It needs a lot of weird camera work, and good scenery.
>>
Get Del Toro to direct it and make it surreal trippiness like Legend (and OoT/Majora's Mask)
>>
Just watch Legend and imagine Jack is Link and The Darkness is Ganon. It'll be closer than any actual adaptation would turn out.
>>
File: 1463359183847.gif (950 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
1463359183847.gif
950 KB, 500x247
>>343337370
>>
>>343337621
There have been movies with protagonists that say very little. Link could be like that.
>>
I really want a hot dog.
>>
Game of Triforces.

The Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, etc fight petty succession wars. Meanwhile Ganondorf is building up a massive army the likes of which Hyrule has never seen. The Desert is Coming.

Also Link bones his sister (who's Zelda) but it's a secret to everybody.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.