[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stress test is up. You DID get a key, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: Gigantic_HorzBanner_Option2.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1026) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic_HorzBanner_Option2.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1026
Stress test is up.

You DID get a key, right?
>>
ILL TAKE A KEY
>>
Will it be f2p?
>>
>>343331912
Yes, but I think you have to buy the heroes, which sucks ass.
>>
>>343330191
Literally who game

the dragon guy is sexy as fuck, is he any good?
>>
Is it worth a download? I kinda lost interest since I signed up.
>>
HX7EGM2RF9FZPWAUHKPNF6KA

be happy, faggots.
>>
Just tried it and came to see if there was a thread. Everything about it is fucking garbage so far.

>retarded new launch client gave me some bunk-ass display name that sucks shit, can't change it
>I could register a new account but you can't even use caps in your display name either
>game itself is obviously in dev limbo, client looks like barebones trash after all these years
>can't even run fullscreen at 1080p else the game freaks out so you are forced to play windowed mode
>pay/grind for heroes! pay for pets/extra skills! buy boosts so you can get money faster!
>no tutorials
>AWFUL, almost midi music

Trying to queue for my very first game right now, have been waiting for like ten minutes cause the first couple matches that popped failed to proceed after some faggot denied them. And guess what? Instead of returning me to the queue the game just dumps me to the main menu seemingly at random.
>>
Don't forget the game is now part of Perfect World International.
>>
>>343332775
>pay/grind for heroes! pay for pets/extra skills! buy boosts so you can get money faster!
>>343332971
>Perfect World International.
How can a game be so dead without even releasing
>>
>>343330191
Win 10 is not required anymore, right? Because they really fucked up with that one. It's going to be even more doa than Battleborn.
>>
>>343333305
On the bright side, it's no longer a Windows 10 exclusive.
>>
File: uuugh.jpg (172 KB, 1809x1043) Image search: [Google]
uuugh.jpg
172 KB, 1809x1043
First match finally popped. We all picked our characters and then had a huge ass loading screen that went nowhere and I was kicked back to main menu again. Game tried to tell me I could reconnect but it didn't do shit and it's been stuck trying since.
>>
>>343330191
Yup.

Having fun so far, it's seen a lot of improvement since last time I played it, that's for sure. Has an actual UI now that's nice looking and they made some changes to the skill mods and passives you choose between when you level up.

>>343332775
>can't even run fullscreen at 1080p else the game freaks out so you are forced to play windowed mode
Change to windowed in video settings, quit, start up the game and then choose full screen again, works for me.
>>
>>343333434
I mean, the art design is much better than Battleborn so it might have a chance.
But damn, everything looks grim by now.
>>
>>343332775
>>343333434
Sounds exciting. Keep us updated.
>>
more assfaggots? ugh
>>
>>343333406
Nope, but you sadly do have to download Arc, which is pretty much a client for all the Perfect World games. Not a biggie but still a bit annoying.

Anyway, I see people complain here. Make sure to post that shit in the bug forums, can't fix shit if no one reports bugs after all. Not saying people can't complain here, but can't improve if they don't know about it.
>>
>>343333760
Not really

Unless you think heroes automatically makes it assfaggots
>>
File: settings.jpg (113 KB, 1279x845) Image search: [Google]
settings.jpg
113 KB, 1279x845
>>343333598
That didn't work for me. It gave me fullscreen but with the game running in smaller resolution surrounded by black.

>>343333631
Agreed. There's even this black girl that's identical to the one in battleborn except of course she looks much better here. The game is obviously withering in the vine though, just look at the settings menu and how many options are missing despite this thing being in development for so long.

>>343333693
The match never loaded, had to quit the client and even so the music kept playing in the background so I had to kill the process.
>>
Why THE FUCK are there no tutorials? The game is incredibly hard to follow in your first couple matches because there's shit popping off all the time with no explanation.

Aside from that, I'm quite liking this. The gameplay feels good and I very much like how the characters handle in comparison to many of the other MOBA-style games I have tried.

I'll keep an eye on it.
>>
So after 2 days nobody will be able to play anymore?
That sucks
>>
>>343334127
It's a stress test.
>>
So what's the objective of the game? I only know there's big monsters and fighting.
>>
>>343334296
Kill the other team's big monster, don't let them kill yours.
>>
I played one of the earlier betas and it was pretty good, just needed some more communication and they needed to work out a lot of technical shortcomings

>>343334032
They removed the tutorials?
>>
File: 129982078772.png (149 KB, 274x231) Image search: [Google]
129982078772.png
149 KB, 274x231
>>343330191
>playing the game of sell-outs
>>
I got a key but my friends didn't, oh well
>>
>>343334337
Is there leveling? items? powerups? customization outside matches?
>>
>>343330191
>implying im upgrading to 10
nah i hate that ads in the start menu bs.
>>
>>343333760
I mean, I guess you can call it assfaggots? But it's not really played like the traditional ones.

>>343334296
There are no lanes to speak off and it's played a lot like a third person shooter and the goal is to hurt and take down the enemy guardian which are these giant beasts that do a fuckton of damage if they attack you. The basic goal is to get enough energy for your guardian to rampage through the map and attack the enemy guardian which gives you a chance to damage it.

Guardians have 3 life bars, it recovers after like, 20 seconds after an attack or if you damage it enough to take down one health bar.

To get energy, you take over control points by summoning creatures, each having different effects and whatnot that can also be upgraded but it uses Focus, which is also used to use your "ultimate". Focus is gained by doing all sorts of shit.

You also get energy for your guardian by killing enemies and whatnot, also killing enemies and stuff adds a shield to your guardian if the enemy guardian is rampaging and going to attack yours.

I think that about covers it.
>>
>>343334020

>SJW character

Dropped.
>>
>>343334574
Thats not the case anymore
>>
>MATCH FAILED
>MATCH FAILED
>you have join a ma- oh wait you were actually booted, try again
>MATCH FAILED
>MATCH FAILED
>you have joined a matc-CRASHED
>MATCH FAILED
>MATCH FAILED

glad to see this game is in worse shape than ti was in a closed alpha. When you get into a match it's actually a fun game, but...
>>
>>343334032
It had a tutorial but I guess they removed it for some reason. Not sure why honestly, but there's practice matches. I presume they're going to add tutorials in the future.

>>343334534
Leveling, yes. No items. No powerups per see but the monsters you summon to capture points have different effects, one heals you if you're near it and another shows enemies on the minimap around an area.

What's worth mentioning is that leveling is different from LoL and Dota. Rather than simply improving base stats, adding points to your skills modifies it. There's two branching paths for each skill. If you take Mozu for example and her left click basic attack, you can improve it so it either gives you defence when using it among other things or you can make it so your left attack is fully charged immediately after using a skill.

And each branching path has another two options to choose from except for your ultimate. Furthermore, at certain levels you can choose passives, which tend to have different effects such as faster stamina regen, more attack and defence when attacking enemies from behind or something that boosts one of your skills by giving it a longer duration, lower CD or more damage.
>>
>>343335029

Oh,a nd for some reason Alt-Tabbing closes the game, even though it never did beforehand.

what the hell is going on with these guys?
>>
>>343335029
>>343335358
Bugs I'm guessing. I personally have not had any problems but I'm on Windows 10 Yes I know, no need to tell me

Since it was Windows 10 exclusive before, I'm guessing that they haven't optimised and fixed bugs for the game on other OS.

Though I do get problems if I alt tab while the game is loading into a map so I suggest not doing that.
>>
File: 1450990306110.png (3 MB, 1000x1079) Image search: [Google]
1450990306110.png
3 MB, 1000x1079
>>343330191
>tfw you played this game while waiting for Overwatch and ended up loving it
Thanks for reminding me it existed
>>
>>343335547
If you loved it before, you'll probably love it even more, assuming you don't get any of the shitty bugs others here seem to get. Clean, good UI, the Guardians have voices now (Gryphon is a female and the big wyrm is a male) and there's been some changes to the skill trees.

Gameplay wise, it's pretty damn solid now. Still as fastpaced as ever with dashes and jumps and stamina running out because I accidentally dash and jump too fucking much.
>>
Finally got into a match and the game itself is fun. Extremely poorly documented but fun.

As anon said it's basically kind of a team deathmatch mixed with area control with the objective of summoning your giant monster. When your monster comes out, the enemy monster is vulnerable and you can all pile on it in hopes of killing it.

What surprised me is that the characters move really fast. You have a sprint and in my case I was playing an assassin that also had a huge dash that double as escape. Melee is also surprisingly satisfying cause I guess you have huge aoe with it.

I guess it's worth a try but everything else I already mentioned really worries me.
>>
>>343337806
Never hurts to be cautious, they can still fuck up after all.

But yeah, I agree with you about the gameplay, it's pretty damn fun and fast paced. Did you spend your skillpoints by the way? Since the game has no tutorial and all you might have perhaps missed that, but hopefully not.
>>
File: 1424994645400.png (3 KB, 469x447) Image search: [Google]
1424994645400.png
3 KB, 469x447
I tried this at PAX like 2 years ago and came into their office to do some testing, it was pretty fun but still rough at that stage and only with a few characters, how is it these days? Does it do anything Overwatch hasn't already?
>>
>>343333426
Really?
>>
>>343338578
Yes, really. When it was a Microsoft project, it was Windows 10 exclusive. Now that Perfect World International has it, it's coming to Windows 7 and 8 too.
>>
>>343338745
That's pretty nice, thanks man. I'll try to get one.
>>
File: 1352504670477.gif (2 MB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1352504670477.gif
2 MB, 240x232
>i have been playing since alpha
???
>>
>unified windows bullshit

dead on arrival
>>
>>343339019
It's not 10 exclusive anymore
>>
I tryed 3 different keys and none of them work wtf is going on
>>
>>343339112
You have to redeem them in the arc client
>>
>Gigantic is a free-to-play online team-based multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game-

Shame to waste such a nice art-style of a shitty moba.
>>
>>343339432
yeah, it still says incorrect product key
>>
>>343339508
Does a single word trigger you that much?
Its not really a moba
>>
>>343339508
It's not actually a MOBA in the traditional sense. There's objectives to contest, yes, but there's no minions or towers or whatnot.
>>
File: 1300757053849.jpg (54 KB, 530x461) Image search: [Google]
1300757053849.jpg
54 KB, 530x461
Holy shit, I hope I get one.
>>
I got accepted into their stupid closed win10 beta but I didn't have win10 so I couldn't play. Would've liked to get into this one.
>>
Honestly I don't think this is a stress test so much as a pulse check.

At least there's no NDA so you can watch some streams on twitch right now.
>>
>>343339508
Plays differently from League and Dota to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjY3MM7y3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPce80v6UHc

I mean, ot doesn't have lanes or minions or towers, instead it's more based around capturing points which you do by summoning a creature onto them and then attack the big damn beast when it's vulnerable when your guardian attacks it.

The upside of this is the fact that it's possible to make all sorts of map designs and sizes, unlike Dota and LoL which are stuck with the same single map pretty much.

>>343340106
You didn't get a key for this test? It's not Win 10 exclusive anymore at least.

Game feels solid gameplay wise so far but it has some shitty bugs such as one that screws up my resolution and I can only fix it by restarting the game. Still, if they manage to fix the bugs polish the game further, we might have something pretty damn good here. I have more fun with this than Overwatch personally.
>>
>>343334020
she has some tiny, tiny feet and hands
>>
>>343341756
~*little bits*~
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.