[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing this and can't get into it, I love rpg's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: witcher.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
witcher.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Playing this and can't get into it, I love rpg's

How do I get into Witcher?
>>
When does it get FUN?
>>
Keep playing
>>
Movement and combat are clunky

I couldn't stand this game while I played it vanilla. Return of the Sword mod made it playable for me.
>>
>>343323031
>how do I get into Witcher
by starting with the vastly superior ORIGINAL game, like any sane person would ?

TW2 is the shittiest one in series. Skip it.
>>
>>343323591

Really? I got told that the Witcher original is even harder to get into and that I should skip it
>>
Personally I didn't like the Witcher 2. Too on the rails for me. I dropped it pretty quick.
>>
>>343323031
Really? I played 1 and thought it was dog shit but I'm playing 2 right now and loving it.
>>
>>343323675
Dunno what kind of Xbot faggot said that, but the first Witcher is the only GOOD game in the series, and the only proper CRPG as well.

TW2 was consolized, streamlined and all around ruined. I fucking hated slugging through it, while I replayed TW1 three times in a row during a period of couple months.

>>343323916
yeah, this kind of people are the cancer.
>>
>>343323675
TW1 is better than TW2. It doesn't rush you along and the environments and atmosphere was just much better. You want to explore every thing. In TW2, it seems like CDPR tried to make it a cinematic experience, the gameplay wasn't as smooth. I don't know about anyone else but I also preferred the combat in TW1 more. It felt very fluid and the different stances were nice to use.
>>
File: 1409853843645.jpg (266 KB, 850x550) Image search: [Google]
1409853843645.jpg
266 KB, 850x550
>>343323031
Witcher 2 is the worst one in the whole series. That is where you fucked up.
>>
>>343323591
It goes something like this: W3 w/ dlcs > W2 > W1 > W3
desu senpai
>>
>>343323985

Holy shit why is the UI in Witcher 2 so shit!

It has been consolised for Xbox like Skyrim, might have to play witcher then, thanks anon
>>
>>343323031
play all of them
>>
So should I just go straight to Witcher 3 if I want to have fun?
>>
>>343324272
It may be worse in the series but it's still good.
>>
>>343323675
The first one is basically a videogame version of the books. The only relevant stuff is the first scene.

The second is good but the gameplay is hard as fuck until you get some equipment. Improving magic is the easiest way.

The third is superb.
>>
>>343323591
>TW2 is the best one in series
fixed
>>
W2 has many flaws but is carried by Roche and Letho

Letho's such a great villain, every time he gets screentime he steals the show
>>
>>343324318
>Holy shit why is the UI in Witcher 2 so shit!
because it's a multiplat game, designed for Xbox. Literally.

And no problem. Just don't rush with TW1. I know many people have given up because of the kinda slow beginning. The game really picks up towards the end, and you are not going to see and experience everything on the first run.

>>343325602
But that's wrong, you homosexual moron.
>>
>>343325047
Either play 1 first or play both 3 and 1 at the same time.
>>
I hated Witcher 2 when it came out. Then i read the books and forced myself to play Witcher 1, which i loved after 20+ hours of playtime and after these i enjoyed Witcher 2.
And Witcher 3 was even better. GOAT for me
>>
I didn't enjoy the witcher 2. It started off strong with the invasion of the castle, and the first chapter was great. However, it starts to go downhill about midway through chapter 2. You run back and forth for so much for almost no reason other than to make the game seem longer, they throw so many characters at you as well in such a short time, it's to hard to keep track of everyone. The third chapter is also a complete joke. You just talk a whole bunch and then have a little combat at the end. Was very anticlimactic. Not to mention that Loc moine (forgive me if I got that wrong, the area of the last chapter) is a boring grey confusing mess with nothing to do. And don't even get me started on the spam quen to win combat or the shit up with icons taking up 1/2 your screen. It was a challenge for me to finish it.

TW1 on the other hand, while dated, still holds its own as a good game. It's got a much better story, less 1d characters, a unique and interactive combat system, and immersive world. The twist at the end was done great as well and I believe still remains a mystery as cdpr has not given an official statement except for a vague letter in TW3.
>>
I couldn't either, the controls are horrid.
>>
when you reach chapter 2 it very entertain game.
>>
>>343323031
soak yourself in the lore. the game is very consistent in the world, and it made a big difference in drawing me in.
>>
>>343327239
>a unique and interactive combat system
Unique and interactive maybe, but not fun by any means.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.