[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did /v/ start hating this company? Searching the name of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (120 KB, 2000x2273) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120 KB, 2000x2273
When did /v/ start hating this company?

Searching the name of their latest game in the archive brings up more results for fucking Mass Effect.

They're getting shunned worse than Gearbox on here.
>>
Who?
>>
>>343313027
...who?
>>
Epic! Totally epic for the win xD
>>
not really, they just stopped giving fuck about vidya after they made enough games to advertise unreal engine to other developers and thats €€€€€€
>>
>>343313279

The game they're working on right now is already the best in its genre.
>>
File: The Who.jpg (34 KB, 314x317) Image search: [Google]
The Who.jpg
34 KB, 314x317
>>343313027
They lost their center piece celebrity reason why nobody knows what they have been up to, and I am not even sure what is the relation between them and Coallition studios.

Fortnite seems nice, but I hightly doubt people in this place would actually play it.
>>
>>343313405
sorry what game are we talking about here???
>>
who cares
just play damnit
>>
>>343313627
Not him, but if he is talking about fortnite, it is very okay.

There is not really a high bar for survival crafting games, even shit like h1z1 does FINE despite being garbage.
>>
gears is shit and cliffy B became a cuck
>>
>>343313971

Why the fuck would I be talking about Fortnite? It isn't their latest game, nor nearly as significant.
>>
If anything, Epic is busy pushing Unreal Tournament and Paragon, on top of UE4 itself.
Visse a cute
>>
>>343313627
Paragon. It's objectively the best moba after Dota
>>
GoW was good, but Cliff dissed the PC community and UT3 was a massive blunder, easily one of the biggest fuckups in a franchise that was already well stablished into forgotteness.

No one liked the console release, and no one liked the PC console port. Even though it's not as bad, it certainly wasn't on par with UT2004, not even what could have been. UT3 is good by its merits, and the Black Edition fixed most of it, but the damage was already done.

Then GoW2 and 3 never came on the PC and left to rot on the 360.

To make things worse, UT4 is good but has no development whatsoever and it's still in alpha, and Paragon is barely ok, not really a good game.

Epic survives because of the Unreal Engine licensing. As devs they're not relevant anymore.
>>
>>343313627
I hope he's talking about UT4 because it's great.
>>
>>343315486
They're can't be pushing it that hard. I forgot it existed.
>>
>>343316034
UT is still in "pre-alpha" and hasn't had any serious marketing, but Paragon is in stores, is shown off at trade shows, and is going into open beta later this summer.
>>
>>343316034

Sony's promoting Paragon so hard that the disc is in stores while the game is still in Closed Beta. And it's becoming free to PS+ members next week.

It's the PCucks who are oblivious because it's not on Steam.
>>
>>343316208
Yeah, UT aside, Paragon is Epic's new baby.
>>
>>343316208
>>343316138
>Not on Steam = ded

At least nowadays. But doesn't matter, as an open beta player, I can assure you it needs at least 1 year of development to be passable.

It's slow and bland because it does NOTHING new, but to be in 3rd person. The characters models are superb, but the gameplay sucks massive dong. there are 17 heroes and they all play very similar to either an already stablished LoL champion or between them. And with 17 heroes it's still not balanced.

For example, Gideon, the mage, does his combo by gapclosing into AoE ult with CC. There's Steel, whos combo is gapcloser with AoE CC ult. There's Grux, whose deadliest combo is his gapcloser with his AoE CC ult. there's also ranged champions, whose gimmick is AoEs with CC from afar. It's a stunlock party and doesn't go beyond that.
>>
>For example, Gideon, the mage, does his combo by gapclosing into AoE ult with CC. There's Steel, whos combo is gapcloser with AoE CC ult. There's Grux, whose deadliest combo is his gapcloser with his AoE CC ult. there's also ranged champions, whose gimmick is AoEs with CC from afar. It's a stunlock party and doesn't go beyond that

Gideon's ult is easy to escape from, makes him an easy target and killable during casting, and as of today's patch he can be CC canceled out of it.

Steel's ult telegraphs the impact zone for you to dodge out of it and doesn't do that much damage so it basically requires a teammate to finish you.

Grux's CC is bleed, which is trash right now and does nearly nothing by itself, and the card synergies aren't worthwhile right now.

(You) suck.
>>
>>343313027
I started hating it when it went from Mega to Epic.
>>
>>343318545

It was Epic Megagames.
>>
>>343313027
>When did /v/ start hating this company?
When did you arbitrarily decide that /v/ does? Stupid thread.
>>
File: jotj.jpg (96 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
jotj.jpg
96 KB, 960x600
>>343313027
I started hating them when they made gears of war 1 (PC), which was a shit port that was released only on GFWL back when it had a subscription fee, had no demo or benchmarking tool, and you couldn't get it on steam. Unsurprisingly it was pirated a lot, at the time it was the most pirated game in history, though Spore later surpassed it.

Instead of acknowledging that perhaps this piracy was in large part due to their own failures Epic (or more specifically Cliffy B) went on this big tirade about how PC gamers are entitled assholes and they're never developing for PC ever again. And they did not.

Which is doubly a shame since Epic actually started as a PC developer with Jill of the Jungle, a fun game I have fond memories of playing as a kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F04Cl4sxy0o
>>
Do you remember those daily
>why aren't you playing in Paragon threads?
My fucking god, what a boring chore that game is.
>>
>>343316138
I thought UT was being made for free by the general community? Think the game itself was also supposed to be free.
>>
>>343319259
they made jazz jackrabbit aswell
>>
File: 1429507050966.png (57 KB, 227x226) Image search: [Google]
1429507050966.png
57 KB, 227x226
>>343319259
>GoW collection on PC was literally a pile of shit that wasn't even tested for bugs on release
>>
>>343320082
well I never played it but I remember the word of mouth was that it was an unoptomized pos, and since there was no demo or benchmark I'm sure a lot of people pirated it just to see if that was true

which apparently it was
>>
>>343319018

Searching the name of their latest game in the archive brings up more results for fucking Mass Effect.

They're getting shunned worse than Gearbox on here.
>>
>>343320364
A lot of people straight up could not buy the collection on pc because the w10 store said 'you do not meet hardware requirements' or something to that extent without saying what were the requirements in the first place.

Not to mention that it had a ton of graphical errors that had no rhyme or reason to which card you had. In fact, newer cards had more problems than older ones.
>>
>>343313027
Nobody hates EPIC though, they either don't know about them or like them because Gears of War.

The only time I've ever seen anyone shit on something by EPIC was by spouting le dudebro generic cover game meme trying to slander Gears when they just played the firstlevel of the campaign and got shat on in Gears multiplayer.
>>
>>343313279

Not to mention Tencent will make sure their upcoming games will be mainly be online, and, feature a large portion of microtransactions.
>>
>>343315909
>Epic survives because of the Unreal Engine licensing. As devs they're not relevant anymore.

Seems that way.

They're getting strong competition from Unity, though.

I was at Nordic Game Jam 2016 and Epic was there. They did what they could to convince devs to utilize their engine dispite a high majority - potentially everyone - chose Unity instead.
>>
>>343321981
I'm actually sick of seeing Unreal Engine games. Killing Floor 2 is on that and everything looks shiny and clean no matter how dirty they make it.
>>
I've been interested in Paragon. Was considering buying the founders pack but apparently it's free next week. Dodged that bullet
>>
>>343313027
Paragon is shit.

Fortnite is almost as bad but somehow has even less marketing.

UT4 is great but it's an arena shooter and it's not finished so it has smaller playerbase than battleborn.

No new GoW out in a while and when the new one comes out it'll probably just be some shitposting because that's the kind of game /v/ hates.
>>
>>343321981
>I was at Nordic Game Jam 2016 and Epic was there. They did what they could to convince devs to utilize their engine dispite a high majority - potentially everyone - chose Unity instead.
What do you expect from a game jam? All these indie tier developers want the easiest possible tools to use. It's funny to see people bitch and moan about having to use C++ because it's too hard.
>>
>>343321981
Last time I was at something like that I used gamemaker because it was fucking easy. I wouldn't want to use it for a game I actually made seriously though.
>>
I'll care about UT4 when it's on steam without any extra bullshit I gotta sign up for and no secondary launchers.

That game will continue to be irrelevant until it's on steam.
>>
>>343313027

Honestly, I've never cared for Epic.

Not back in the early days of Jill of the Jungle and Jazz Jackrabbit, not in their "golden age" of UT and not in the declining years of GoW.

They've always a been a "Oh, yeah, those guys. I don't really like their games." company to me.
>>
File: BeocjjNCYAAwMH5.jpg (47 KB, 599x446) Image search: [Google]
BeocjjNCYAAwMH5.jpg
47 KB, 599x446
I fucking loved ZZT
of course megazeux beat it in every percievable way, but still
>>
dunno about V
i started when they killed unreal tournament with 3
>>
>>343319595
Correct. The game itself will be completely free. The game will get its money from fan-made paid cosmetics.
>>
>>343322309
>incompetent dev can't use engine
>it's the engines fault I swear guys

The shaders and everything can be customized to whatever you want. And then if you don't like it just change it with the source code.
>>
File: 2016-06-30-15-22-50--683813975.jpg (20 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-30-15-22-50--683813975.jpg
20 KB, 248x203
Pretty much after they made ut3. Pic related is goat though
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.