[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S OKAY WHEN BLOODBORNE DOES IT.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
IT'S OKAY WHEN BLOODBORNE DOES IT.
>>
>>343298927
Yes because bloodborne is good
>>
>>343298927

That fucking nigger is the worst thing I've ever experienced in any game

I love it
>>
File: Nefarious_frozen.png (322 KB, 632x480) Image search: [Google]
Nefarious_frozen.png
322 KB, 632x480
LAUREEEEEEEEEE-
>>
>>343298927
>meme axe
>cant beat the second easiest boss of the dlc
>>
>>343298927
It's just Cleric Beast with a few extra moves and fire damage. What's the problem?
>>
>>343300239

Easiest is living failures, right?
>>
>>343298927
Ok when it does what?
>>
>>343300384
yea
>>
>>343298927
I love Bloodborne, but this totally WAS NOT okay
>>
>>343300320

A lot of his chip staggers and interrupts and he combos like a motherfucker, which can often result in an unavoidable death if you get hit by the wrong move in the wrong location
>>
>>343300570
>unavoidable death
Okay DSP.
I mean he's not ridiculously easy or anything but again, it's a moderately beefed up Cleric Beast whose second form makes him impossible to lose to.
>>
I just started playing the DLC recently. It's been really well designed with difficult enemies and clever traps. Just got past Lady Maria, solo'd and beat her on my first try. (Really disappointing actually.) I just entered the fishing hamlet and the DLC has taken a steep dive downwards. Mostly because of the ludicrously unfair enemies, those fish giants are the epitome of unfair and there's one around every corner. Singlehandedly made me stop playing and I could give a fuck.
>>
>>343300419

Would like to hear what you guys think about the bosses

Promode: without shitting over the opinion of other anons. Just a comfy boss discussion

My personal ranking from easiest to hardest

>cleric beast
>rom
>witches of hemwick
>gascoine
>shadow of yharnam
>micolash
>amelia
>wet nurse
>living failures
>amygdala
>paarl
>maria (the best bossfight I ever had in any game)
>logarius
>one reborn
>orphan
>blood-starved beast (just fuck you)
>ludwig
>laurence

All of them were flawless bossfights imo
>>
>>343301312

You can literally sprint through fishing hamlet to the next lamp without fighting anyone if you want.

Now those two giant fishmen down the well, FUCK that.
>>
>>343301312
Just run past them honestly. I killed one or two of them and decided it wasn't worth it. Fishing Hamlet is pretty short and it's the last area of the game anyway.

And you only have to fight the giant dudes if you want the Rakuyo,.
>>
>>343298927
Well his moveset is actually different especially the last 3rd of the fight. Unlike cool ranch smelter.
>>
>>343301349
>Micolash harder than anything
>Failures harder than anything
>BSB that high up
>Laurence the hardest boss in the game

What the fuck is all this
>>
File: 1467254834968.jpg (81 KB, 460x676) Image search: [Google]
1467254834968.jpg
81 KB, 460x676
>>343301312
>those fish giants are the epitome of unfair and there's one around every corner

There are four total, and two are in a well off the main path.

Do you even like videogames? Sorry that you have to actually play a videogame and be given a halfway decent challenge.
>>
>>343301312

I never understood how the fishing hamlet's fish fuckers made it into the dlc.

It's like they either want you to drop the game, go for a fucking five-year-grindfest or just try to rush through to the boss
>>
>>343301561

No it's like they want you to stop being a piece of shit.
>>
>>343300320
The problem is that it's just Cleric beast but on fire and with grossly inflated stats, until the second phase which is annoying but actually really cool.

Still a lame and lazy boss for one of the most important characters in the game.
>>
File: 1467060455320.jpg (109 KB, 846x819) Image search: [Google]
1467060455320.jpg
109 KB, 846x819
>>343301349
>BSB higher than OoK
>On Reborn that high
>above Gascoigne on SoY
>Laurence harder than Ludwig or OoK
>>
>>343300230
>I can't feel love, Janice, I was cursed by a tribe of gypsy ninjas!
>But Lance, I was in that tribe of gypsy ninjas!
>>
Laurence is actually more difficult than the other bosses of the DLC because of his random ability to one shot you at any given time. The second phase has some of the biggest bullshit around.
>>
>>343301763
It's thematically appropriate I guess. Clerics turn into cleric beasts. Laurence was a vicar, Amelia was a vicar, so on. Kinda lame but it's a completely optional fight I guess.

And at least it's not as bad as Blue Smelter since it's got a few new moves.
>>
>>343301531

>micolash harder than anything
The hard part about him was the call beyond. He used it on my first 5 attempts and one shotted me. Otherwise a cakewalk.

>failures harder than anything
Just couldn't handle a surprise arcane bomb or attack when it came out of view

>BSB that high up
Just fuck that piece of shit. I wasn't gud at parrying (list is of my first run)
I just had too git gud at him
At the end I always died because of poison while he had them fun wombo combos

>laurence the hardest boss in the game
Yep
>>
>>343298927
>is a three phase boss, starting out at the same intensity as the original Cleric Beast
>even the original moves now have a fire trail/AOE, making it harder to dodge
>gains a bunch of new moves at 2/3 health
>his entire moveset changes at 1/3, making it a completely different fight
>has an amazing and unique OST
>has actual lore behind him and a reason for being there

yes it is.
now compare it to Cool Ranch Smelter
>>
>>343301349
for me it's like parry bosses are easy so
>celestial emissary
>gascoine
>shadow of yharnam
>micolash
>living failures
>maria
>logarius
>blood-starved beast
>gehrman

no parry bosses from easiest to hardest
>witch of hemwick
>amelia
>cleric beast
>one reborn
>rom
>paarl
>wet nurse
>moon presence
>ebrietas
>laurence
>amygdala
>orphan
>ludwig

Holy hell this game has so many bosses how did they fuck up DaS3 so hard?
>>
>>343301906

Could the fire be because he died in old-yharnam's fire in the waking world?
>>
>>343301349
The hardest part of laurence was the fucking framedrops when he was shitting fire everywhere
>>
>>343301763
It was cool how he got chopped in half and struggled to fight on.
>>
>>343301312
> one around every corner

A total of 2 are on the main path, the first one has a shortcut straight after it, so you never have to fight it again and the other has a lantern straight after it. They were extremly generous to you with placement of Giant Fishmen, excluding the deliberately ultra-hard optional Well area.

If you want to see actual bullshit enemy placement do the chalice dungeons, infinetly spawning enemies who can see you at the lamp. Or any root Chalice's with Witch's in them, fucking hell they are bullshit.
>>
>>343302167
>how did they fuck up DaS3 so hard?
HOL UP NIGGA
while I agree that DaS3's bosses aren't quite on par with the BB ones (mostly due to them having a bit too little health), they do have a few amazing ones
I feel like it's still a bit unfair to rank DaS3 before the DLC comes out, since the DLC is ALWAYS by far the best parts of these games.
>>
>>343298927
But literally everyone complains about him being a reskin. I hate this meme regardless of what it is being applied to
>thing that is universally complained about
>It's okay when X does it!!!
That said, I actually like Laurence because the cleric beast is really cool but insanely easy. He is an opportunity for Cleric Beast to be a real, crazy boss fight. I wish that such an important character wasn't a reskin though.

He has the best theme in the game desu
>>
>>343302404
I did not list chalice bosses srsly DaS3 lacks so much content.
>>
>>343302290
>right as he gets chopped in half and struggles the wild chanting theme goes into a slow, instrumental, sympathetic tone
>>
>>343301906
> Amelia was a Vicar

Yeah, that's the point. She was a completly unique Beast that resembled human Amelia, including tattered clothes. You'd think Laurence could have at least been given some unique visual features that gave it away that this was Laurence, and not some random Cleric.

Being a giant hairy beast with Antler's is a good idea, it fits thematically, but reusing the model and most of the moves from the first boss is really disapointing for the founder of the Healing Church.
>>
>>343302518
but the chalice dungeons are shit, and the game would have been better off without them.

Shitposting aside though, BB's Development started right after Artorias of The Abyss was finished (early 2012)
DaS3 started right after the DaS2 DLCS were finished (late 2014), meaning Bloodborne got over a year more production time, and probably a bigger budget, since Sony was involved.
>>
>>343302259
I figured he was mid-transformation and tried to burn himself alive, but survived regardless.
Or maybe that the hunters early in the Nightmare that were headed toward the church were a representation of a group of hunters who knew he'd become a beast and were raiding the church to kill him and used fire to do so.
>>
File: latest.png (225 KB, 372x482) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
225 KB, 372x482
>>343301349
>BSB
i hate BSB, too, but dying to him is pretty casual

and you forgot the chalice bosses
>>
>>343302854
chalice are fine mate you don't need to do them and they just add more content. Literally the perfect end game content.
>>
Hey Bloodniggers,

whats up with the Hunters Eye you get for entering the DLC? Is it the eye of Djura? Was he a Vileblood in the past, too?

Was he Maria-chans father?
>>
>>343302930

You also find his skull later in the great church replica of the nightmare where nightmare amelia prays to it. He holds his head during the bossfight and screams in pain. A sign that he lost his mind and - as you explained - tried to kill himself?
>>
>>343303760

Dying to any boss is generally casual to /v/

I didn't. I just don't want to list up another dozens of bosses.

Queen Yharnam was a cakewalk for the final chalice dungeon boss
>>
>elder god tier
orphan, ludwig
>god tier
abhorrent beast, HMPH, marty, ebrietas
>great tier
maria, gherman, gascogine, hotdog, pthumerian elder
>good tier
blood starved beast, amelia, laurence, paarl
>alright tier
bloodletting beast, cleric beast, shadows, amygdala, queen yharnam
>bad tier
the one reborn, micolash, watchers, mergo, failures
>shit tier
rom, emissary, mobs as bosses in chalices
>ultra shit tier
undead giant ball n chain
>>
>>343303935

Maybe since she's the host of the nightmare and Djura apparently lost an eye.

The eye looks rather non-human like to me even if it's rotten though
>>
>>343300384

I had an easier (yet more fun) time with Maria, but I believe Living Failures being the easiest is the general consensus.
>>
>>343304242
>HMPH
>God tier
explain
>>
>>343304491

What's with the unnecessary abbreviation of everything? I've beaten the game 3 times, including chalice, and have no idea have HMPH is.
>>
File: cainhurstancestor.png (147 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
cainhurstancestor.png
147 KB, 252x252
>>343304393
>>
>>343304014
If Paleblood Hunt is to be believed, he discovered the Beast rune and thought he could use it to help people control their transformations, but it ended up transforming him instead.

Whether you believe that or not, obviously he would know fire is the way to kill beasts. And the way he sits looking dead in the church until you bring him the skull makes me think fighting him could just be some bullshit the nightmare is making up, considering the nightmare isn't 100% faithful to real events.
>>
File: 20151016011354.png (2 MB, 876x1070) Image search: [Google]
20151016011354.png
2 MB, 876x1070
>>343304491
>>343304782
>faster than both maria/gherman
>much tighter parry timings
>counters for passive play and aggressive play
tho the boomerang is kinda bullshit when it clips through pillars
>>
>>343300239

>2nd easiest

1. Maria
2. Failures
3. Fire Cleric Beast

its the 3rd.
>>
>>343304782
It's not an abbreviation, it's a meme you dip because that's the sound the boss constantly makes.
>>
>>343305159
sure it's harder than Maria and Gehrman, but that doesn't make it easier. he has very few interesting moves, has a shit soundtrack, no lore, and a mundane arena.
>>
>>343305996
>but that doesn't make it easier
*make it better
fuck
>>
File: 1455570040379.jpg (52 KB, 515x790) Image search: [Google]
1455570040379.jpg
52 KB, 515x790
>>343302167
>no parry bosses
>orphan
>>
>>343304895

Fuck what
>>
>>343306753
This picture is in Cainhurst, maybe it's Djura? I left a note there too, "remember dummy, you gotta remember, vileblood"
>>
>>343307009

I knew it only would bw in cainhurst but fuck that's 100% him
>>
>>343300320
He also loses he leg and start spewing lava all around the room.
>>
>>343306471
>orphan
2hard2parry4me
>>
File: 350px-MP2_Donkey_Kong.png (153 KB, 350x287) Image search: [Google]
350px-MP2_Donkey_Kong.png
153 KB, 350x287
>>343298927
>cool ranch smelter is bad
>spicy nacho cleric is good

Stay classy /v/
>>
>>343304946

I read ut too but not that part. How did he discover the rune? Isn't the rune just a transcription from caryll? Caryll was his mate as far as I know so maybe they tried to find a solution?
>>
>>343307137
Bloodborne really has some interesting stuff going on.

Maria also was kind, wasn't she? Thats why the clinic exists. But she was dumb for not putting them out of their misery and let them die human.

And Djura was also considered dumb and naive.
>>
>>343304946
>considering the nightmare isn't 100% faithful to real events.
>das uses time and space being convuluted to do the same thing

Why the fuck can't from just make a solid narrative with an actual backstory thats not all "you must find your own answers lolol" gimmick
>>
i forgot, how do i make webms with no sound? converting from an MP4
>>
>>343301349
Idk why so many people have a hard time with Blood Starved Beast. I literally best him on my first try. I had more difficulty with Rom and his one shot magic
>>
File: 1407162399803.jpg (111 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1407162399803.jpg
111 KB, 640x640
If you're comparing Laurence to the Cleric Beast you're going to have an uphill battle. Aside from how they look, they fight completely differently.
>>
>>343307681
Or his one shot head butting spiders (every time in the chalice, every goddamn time)
>>
>>343307746
That boss got me over my aracnaphobia
>>
>>343307458

Maria was far related to the vileblood's im cainhurst but hated it. Rakuyo's description tells that she avoided blood consuming weapons like the vilebloods had and counted on skill.

The clinic was a research hall. The healing church searched a way to "produce" greater ones and therefore having more yharnam blood - I think. The best results they had were the living failures and that's why they have that name.
Maria obviously didn't want that at all.

Djura is just a fucked up hunter refusing to hunt the old-yharnam beasts because he sees humanity in them so yes
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.