[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Center gun view getting added today >id took over MP and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 351x500
>Center gun view getting added today
>id took over MP and are fixing it, rebalancing and adding all new content
>added SnapMap assets coming soon, all free

Tell me why you haven't bought the GOTY yet /v/?
>>
>>343296261
I don't get payed until tomorrow.
>>
>>343296548
I have a job, sorry you poor NEET
>>
>>343296261
>Tell me why you haven't bought the GOTY yet /v/?
Because it's still tedious, consolized shit, with empty linear maps split by obligatory "combat arena" lock-down rooms, just so they can fake "big enemy mobs" by spawning ~12 enemies at once into the tiny space.
>>
fuck this game is so good i fucking love it and omg the music/gameplay combo 10/fucking10

But i will admit i am glad i waited till the steam sale to buy this
>>
It's already sold at half price. I'll buy it for five (5) dollars next summer sale. Maybe.
>>
>>343296261
Vulkan.
>>
File: DOOMx64 2016-06-13 20-52-39-32.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DOOMx64 2016-06-13 20-52-39-32.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
>>343296548
>Same severely autistic whinger as before returns
>>
>>343296261
>still can't disable Glory Kills for good
>still no enemies outside the lock down rooms
>still can't disable enemies pooping HP when killed
>still obligatory upgrade trees
>still strict enemy and asset restrictions in SM
>MP is still HALO crap
call me when they fix even half of these.
>>
I'm not interested in console shooters, sorry.
>>
>>343296905
Just use the faster executions rune. It makes the animation like 4x faster.
>>
>>343296261
Dood's a big guy.
>>
I wish they would just sell the single player as a separate package for people who don't want the MP.
From what I've seen the campaign looked pretty good but the open beta multiplayer was just so terrible that it put me off the game entirely.
Also I'm waiting for them to fix those godawful console gun models, I'm not playing from 50 feet away, they don't need to take up 40% of the screen.
>>
>>343296906
PCuck confirmed.
>>
>>343296905
>no enemies outside of lockdown rooms

Oh so you haven't played it then, okay
>>
>>343296963
>Just use the faster executions rune.
sorry, I absolutely loathe that tacked on crap.
Give me 1993-tier speed, ammo cap and damage values ASAP, or GTFO with your consolized trash.

>>343297294
>b-but there's totally like five of those Pinata Zombies roaming in most places for you to punch to death, Anon! That counts, right!?
>>
>>343297025
>what is FOV
>>
>>343297352
>I haven't played the game
>>
>>343296261
>>id took over MP and are fixing it, rebalancing and adding all new content
Holy shit, maybe they'll fix this trash
Also OP you forgot about photo mode
>>
>>343296261

Playing other shit. Will get to it eventually.
>>
>>343297432
>le "lol didn't play teh gaem! :^)" meme
how to spot Zenimax shill 101:
limited vocabulary, can't take criticism.
>>
So many salty pirate cucks in this thread
>>
>>343297513
But you keep spouting shit that isn't true, which leads me to believe that you haven't played it
>>
>>343297352
>games should be made for me and my expectations
Nope. Sorry you're a faggot and nobody likes making faggot games anymore to please you and your kind :3
>>
>>343296261
Tried the demo. Was meh.
>>
>>343296261
Demo was pretty decent. I'll probably pick it up once it goes a little lower and I have a GPU that can run the game on something higher than medium.
>>
>>343297352
>Give me 1993-tier speed, ammo cap and damage values ASAP, or GTFO with your consolized trash.

these literally don't work in todays world
the entire reason you run so fast in 1993 doom is because they wanted you to be able to dodge projectiles, and there was no such thing as jumping, so your only option was to outrun them

jumping made the movement speed design choice redundant
watch Errant Signal talk about the new doom on youtube, he explains about why old doom played like it did, and what new doom changed (for better and for worse, it's quite an even-handed review)
>>
>>343297721
>mfw anytime an old style shooter like 93 Doom is released, these autists don't play it anyway and it dies within a week

Fuck the purists
>>
>>343297612
why would I play it, if I know it's shit?
>>
>>343297617
>a game carrying the most legendary shooting game's name and being claimed to return to the genre's roots should not fill people's expectations of doing just that
You know what's that called? Being a filthy liar.

Also, Croteam's been pleasing both my shooter and PC mustard needs just fine for the past few years. They did a FAR better "Doom4" and "DNF" than the actual games, just 4 years ago.

>>343297721
>these literally don't work in todays world
Bull-fucking-shit.
>>
>>343298040

So you can have a valid opinion you cuck
>>
Isn't worth more than 10$ for the content it offers (maybe 20$ if they actually do fix multiplayer), especially considering you could get something like all Serious Sam games for 3 times less money, or even both new Wolfensteins for way less
>>
>>343296261

Because I have it cracked, and multiplayer's gonna be shit regardless.
>>
>>343298132
Holy fuck you're the densest mother fucker I've seen on this board in months.
It seriously worries me that you might be serious. You're delusional if you aren't joking.
>>
>>343298132
>Bull-fucking-shit.

how well did hard reset do? is serious sam a big money-maker?
name me some modern games with this ideology that were successful?
"we want the old school demographic" is so hard to do, because if you get anything wrong then they boycott it and say it's not the same as it used to be

also I just want to say: whoever at croteam thought front loading the first 3 hours of SS3 with a parody of modern shooters needs to be shot; it was fucking awful and nearly made me quit the game because the joke went on for so long that I thought they had actually lost the plot and the whole game was going to be like that
>>
>>343298531
This desu senpai

SS3 was garbage
>>
>>343298040
so what your saying is... you haven't played it?
>>
>>343297431
FoV does NOT fix those gun models.
They need to be about 60% smaller than they are, widening the FoV does not change their size.
Lots of games are suffering from this recently, Fallout 4 and Overwatch too.
They're designed to be seen from a distance by console users playing on large TVs, but I'm 1 foot away from a 22" monitor, it's horrible and none of these games bothered to include scaling options.
>>
>>343298860
Honestly i dont understand why there are no gun model scaling in modern FPSes
>>
>>343297721
>Errant Signal
Errant Signal
>Errant Signal
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
no
>>
>>343296261
It is good but I won't say it's my GotY. Too far otuside my usual sphere.
>>
>>343296634
>i have a job
>still games on a poorfag machine
can't be a very well paid job
>>
>>343298779
of course not, I don't fall for marketer shills like you
>>
>>343298997
Guns the user are holding are drawn in a different "world". It's done that way so that your gun doesnt end up poking through walls. (Yes there are better ways of doing this but it's basically a mainstay of dev these days)
Take a sticky mine in Doom 2016 and throw it at a dead guys head and compare the size it was in your hand.
>>
I'll believe that MP will be fixed when i see it, as long as it has a 2 weapon limit and loadouts, it's shit.
>>
File: 1444727643022.jpg (21 KB, 401x402) Image search: [Google]
1444727643022.jpg
21 KB, 401x402
>playing through the campaign on ultra-violence
>super fun
>hard at times too
>almost complete the hell level
>game crashes
>save data corrupted
>waste a good day trying out all the fixes
>nothing works
>have to go through it all again

Man this is so discouraging...
>>
>>343299841
so does that mean you have never played any game ever?

Because if a store is selling it they are advertising it to you.
same with steam.
even if you pirate you "wanted" to play it right?

Holy fuck you summerfags are annoying.
>>
>>343300598
That means you gotta replay it on Nightmare nigga, hop on it.
>>
>doomguy starts game as a murder machine who gives zero fucks beyond how he's going to kill the next demon
>doomguy becomes increasingly more subservient as the game goes on, slowly but surely abandoning the rebellious nature he had at the start
>game ends with doomguy getting cucked by a corporate robot

It was okay, but I think it's a lot more allegorical of DOOM's decline than I think it wanted to be.

The game would have been astronomically better if enemies didn't shit HP whenever you got a papercut.
>>
>>343299906
Yeah but they could still scale them properly, the issue is the area the gun covers on the screen, it obscures half of the FoV.
I want to say older games had weapon scaling but few of them did, but it wasn't a common problem, this is a fairly recent problem that relates to consoles and lazy ports.
>>
>>343298764
>SS3 was garbage

The first part of it, yes.

don't try to tell me the rest of it wasn't orgasmic, though.
>>
>>343296548
Okay I caught somebody early.

a. How do you know when somebody's phoneposting?
b. Why is phoneposting worse than regular posting when it comes to the content?

And for any phoneposters:
c. Why do you phonepost when a keyboard makes it so much easier?
>>
>>343300980
>doomguy becomes increasingly more subservient as the game goes on
He knew it was a trap, ence why he made a backup of Vega. He probably wanted his cool sword back so he took the risk
>>
>>343301351
For c, I can phone post while lying comfy unlike how I could with my desktop.

Less clutter, too
>>
>>343296261
I actually really enjoyed the first few games I played in MP. It's not a true arena shooter, but it's almost there.
Also the MP doesn't give me frame drops like the campaign.
>>
>>343301351
>How do you know when somebody's phoneposting?

If they post an image in which it's filename reads 'image.jpg', it's most likely a phone poster, as that is what the filename defaults to when posted from your phone gallery.
>>
>>343301351
For 1. image name is the giveaway 90% of the time. Occasionally someone links a mobile link. Mobile apps and versions of sites will rename images saved on your phone to stuff like image.jpg

For 2. I've heard the argument that phoneposting is considered extra pathetic because you're out of the house (presumably) and still choose to be on 4chan.

For 3 I'm phoneposting now on lunchbreak but I also do it at home as a quick shitpost on the couch is less likely to get me shit from my wife than going into the other room and browsing 4chan that way.
>>
>>343296905
You do know 4 of those points are false, right?
>>
>>343296261
>40 dollar season pass
>More expensive than the game
Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>343296261
Anyone have a video of the centre gun view in action?
>>
>>343299841
Of course you don't fall for shills, you cant spend money you don't have.

At least it doesn't cost you money to shitpost, and I'm glad you'd spend your time with your buddies here on DooT topics.
>>
>>343297352
If you want to literally just play the original DOOM with no changes whatsoecer, just do that. It's still great. The new one is far from perfect but a lot of what you're complaining about is just "IT'S NOT LITERALLY THE SAME GAME"
>>
>>343296261
Because I tried the demo and it completely froze as soon as I started a new game
>>
>>343298531
Did well, don't know what the fuck you are on but the SS games all still sell well.
Saying anything else is fucking delusional. Its like people trying to pretend this Doom is definitively the Doo- oh..

Okay got me good so hat tip to you sir!
>>
playing through Bloodborne first then i will
>>
>>343296759
I bought it for even more than full price, some cool limited edition (not collector's, fuck the revvie statue, shoulda been a doomguy one) and i'd happily do it again, the hours of fun this game is giving me and will continue to give me forever makes it more than worth it
>>
>>343296548
>Phoneposting
What
>>
>>343302762
>Consolized shit
>Original Doom

Still haven't gotten over being gifted the SNES version for Christmas 1995, Timmy?
>>
What does consolized even mean?
>>
>>343300598
That means you didnt were good enough! TRY AGAIN!
>>
File: 1443778366304.jpg (22 KB, 377x356) Image search: [Google]
1443778366304.jpg
22 KB, 377x356
>>343296261
>arbitrarily costs $20 USD more in Australia

Yeah, nah, fuck off.
>>
File: 1464969150571.png (30 KB, 256x264) Image search: [Google]
1464969150571.png
30 KB, 256x264
>>343296261
>still no vulkan
fuck right off
>>
I haven't bought it because Bethesda and the fact that there's a season pass.
>>
>>343303904
I've actually extensively played the original, with a lot of emphasis on multiplayer, owning on the multiplayer source ports. I'm not even the guy you replied to, just having fun here, calm down, champ.
>>
>>343297617
Yes, if they want me to buy the game. Since I don't like how the game was made, I'm not gonna buy it
>>
>>343301351
I can play video games and shitpost in between loading times.
>>
So I'm guessing the guys who want classic doom speed are waiting for another of these mods, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCeC4JAuOyQ
>>
>>343296905
>still can't disable Glory Kills for good
You can just not use them then.
>>
>>343296905
glory kills are useless on nightmare, you'll just die as soon as the animation ends

its pretty clear someone hasnt played the game when they still complain about this
>>
>center gun view
Neat, now all that's left is NG+ with all the upgrades maxed out from the start

FUCK RIGHT OFF WITH THIS SHIT, I'M GETTING SICK OF EVERY FUCKING THREAD ON /v/ STARTING WITH THE SAME FUCKING WORDS.
>why haven't you bought X game yet
>why aren't you playing X right now?
>why does /v/ hate X game
>/v/ hates X now/what happened?
>name a better X than Y spoiler pro tip you can't spoiler

SERIOUSLY FUCK OFF
>>
>>343303951
>you didnt were good enough
>>
>>343304818
>multiplayer guns in singleplayer
Why doesn't D44M have this? Some of the MP weapons look really cool
>>
File: 1467168498713.jpg (36 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1467168498713.jpg
36 KB, 409x409
So many salty pirate cucks in this thread

Nope. Sorry you're a faggot and nobody likes making faggot games anymore to please you and your kind :3

Holy fuck you're the densest mother fuckers I've seen on this board in months.
It seriously worries me that you all might be serious. You're all delusional if you aren't joking.
PCuck confirmed.

Of course you don't fall for shills, you cant spend money you don't have.

At least it doesn't cost you money to shitpost, and I'm glad you'd spend your time with your buddies here on DooT topics.
>>
Don't own a proper gaymin PC and can't afford games that cost more than $10 anyway. Will buy it in a year or two. I just hope people are still playing the fixed up multi-player then.
>>
>>343304818
>dual wielding double barrel shotguns
Shit man that sounds overpowered as fuck.

I love it.
>>
>>343301351
c. because Clover is the best way to browse
>>
>>343304818
ok this is pretty fucking cool
>>
>>343305198
>Neat, now all that's left is NG+ with all the upgrades maxed out from the start
This is already in the game, you can play any completed level with all currently available campaign unlocks and get additional unlocks you may have missed the first time.
>>
>>343296261
>Center gun view
That's fucking awesome but
>pistol in right hand
>>
File: 1422210844678.jpg (214 KB, 1077x944) Image search: [Google]
1422210844678.jpg
214 KB, 1077x944
>>343296261
I bought it this sale and I have some complaints about the fights late game.
They all feel the same, diferent arena, same enemies.
Always imps throwing shit at you, with revenants flying around, couple of cacodemons hell knights maybe even a pinky or two. throw in the occasional baron to spice things up, even tho they barely do anything but take up your ammo.

It's missing some of the 90's shooter flavor where fights and areas had themes. That feeling when you play serious sam and you start a level and go "oh this is the level with all the kleers, I remember now."

There isnt that feeling here everything just sort of blurs together.
>>
File: 1466529232091.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1466529232091.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
>>343296659
>DOOM does the same fucking thing as every other Doom (except 3) in regards to monster spawning and arenas
>WAAH it's all consolized bullshit
The previous Dooms were literally corridors and arenas with monster spawns you fucking autist. The only real difference between Doom and DOOM is that you can jump and things look better
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.