[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone shits on type-0 >pick it up because i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15
File: flogo.png (606 KB, 868x530) Image search: [Google]
flogo.png
606 KB, 868x530
>everyone shits on type-0
>pick it up because i'm moving house and want an RPG to play while i have no reliable internet
>it's actually a fun as fuck FFVIII-2 with action RPG combat
>>
>>343295319

FF fans bitched up to high heaven until it got released in the west. Then started to hate/ignore it. That's the typical FF cycle.
>>
>>343295319
ff fans are whiny little bitches that want tidus and cloud on everything
>>
>>343297080
Seems to be the case.

I'm only playing through chapter 2 at the moment and my only complaint is that the game looks like ass.
Which i kinda expected for a PSP port

>>343297170
Same as OOT in the zelda cycle
>>
File: 1458962049829.png (1 MB, 1280x1063) Image search: [Google]
1458962049829.png
1 MB, 1280x1063
best cast ever
>>
>>343295319

>it's actually a fun as fuck FFVIII-2 with action RPG combat
What makes its like FFVIII besides having kids fighting as mercenaries? Genuinely interested since FFVIII is my favorite and I have yet to play Type-0.
>>
>>343297519
Class 0 are practically SEED
Story is a little darker and political focused (so far in chapter 2) than usual FF games
Heavy focus on memory loss (Characters forget everything about people who die, making war an easy thing to deal with)

Just the setting is very FFVIII like.
the actual gameplay is nothing alike though.
>>
I actually loved it. Sing it's praises whenever it comes up. Great for when you don't have internet, especially once you realize how many play throughs you have to do to get the whole story.

To bad whip bitch sucked
>>
>>343297519
>mercenaries

No, its a war and you fight for a nation besieged, the story is pretty fucking crazy, it involves mechas, super heroes, weapons of mass destruction, nuclear detonation and the apocalypse in a very evangelion esque manner

Also the ending is sad
>>
>>343297519
That's pretty much it, although magic bears a slight resemblance in that it's almost something mechanical. It's something that goes through research and development and the users tweak it to work better. also >>343297680

except it should be mentioned that there's a huge twist ending to everything, but there's no need to worry since the majority of the story is political
>>
>>343297680
>chapter 2
Oho boy
Buckle your belt
It only gets crazier
>>
I thought it was pretty good but it feels a bit too obtuse in general.

Does it have the same director as Last Remnant or something?
>>
I did enjoy it as well, don't know why it does seem to get so much shit. Dashing around as Ace, dropping bitches with cards, was quite fun.
>>
The soundtrack is goat
>>
File: FFType0-SevenRender2.png (581 KB, 745x1360) Image search: [Google]
FFType0-SevenRender2.png
581 KB, 745x1360
>>343297714
Seven was literally the strongest and most reliable character, with the exception of Eights' "lol phantom rush" crap. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>343298013
Jack is a personal fav at the moment, if only he moved a little faster with the katana out.
Killsight is such a fun mechanic
>>
I hope that square goes through and make type-1

They just need to tweak the grind/gameplay and its solid
>>
>>343298081
Seven is literally lightning on spats
>>
>>343298081

No physical character can touch the OPness of a strong caster who can literally just destroy an entire screen of enemies in 1 move. Also Deuce is the coolest. Flute the shit out of everyone.
>>
The entire class 0 dies at the end
Their collective will reincarnates into alternate universe japanese ace

Type-1 when?!
>>
>PC wants the game
>they finally do it
>shitty port with 30FPS lock

Every time.
>>
the entire class dies
>>
>>343298834
it's already been unmarked spoilered multiple times mr edgy summerfag
>>
>>343298081
Nah man. 7 sucked. Might of been more to limitations of the platform than anything, because the targeting system did not work with her move set.
>>
>>343298253
The only character that actually qualifies as a caster is Rem, and while she is really strong she's strong for the same reasons Seven is. She can hit killsight from long range and do extreme damage, while also doing good damage without the killsight. Being able to bomb a group of zako doesn't mean anything in this game. The character isn't REALLY good unless they can beat Qator singlehandedly, and that's a tall order for Rem since he has a anti-magic shield. What she is useful for is fighting lower tier flying mechs, whereas most characters suck at that, but not Seven. Seven is the best because of catch, it gives her the long range of ranged weapon users like King and Trey, but unlike them she can do really good damage at close range, and she has crowd control capabilities with her command normals. She even has above average casting capabilities so she can let off thundagas every now and then.
>>343298235
So you're saying she's perfect.
>>
>>343298151
>>343298605

I almost forgot about that teaser at the end. Honestly hope that
a) it's in development
b) it's not in feudal japan
>>
>>343298081
I have more problems to understand how to use this girl
>>
>>343299175
Shes a debuffer I believe
Her pantied are cute
>>
>>343297943

>except it should be mentioned that there's a huge twist ending to everything
Its a Final Fantasy game. I'd be more shocked if it didn't have a forced twist somewhere.
>>
>>343299175
Use her command normals to hit killsights while dodging at the same same. That's basically all there is to her, and it works. I'd say she's seriously one of the better melee fighters but she kind of sucks at doing damage just by hacking away at something. When you really want to do some damage and you can't land a killsight just charge up some high level magic.

DO NOT bother with her character specific "spells", they're worthless. A complete was of meter. Whenever you think "i might want to use a vortex or whatever the fuck" you are thinking wrong. Your mission is to cut things, and to do almost nothing else.
Your side mission is to get those sweet panty shots.
>>
>>343299072
What kind of rem cant solo quater

Not only do killsights disable magic barrier but rem also has two very strong physical attacks with her boomerang daggers

Also the fastest magic cancel out of everybody allowing you to spam level 3 magic over and over
>>
File: 818686970.jpg (66 KB, 708x708) Image search: [Google]
818686970.jpg
66 KB, 708x708
the fact that every girl had unique underwear tickles me
>>
>>343299703
>boomerang daggers
Literally never used them so I might be missing out on something important. All I ever bother to use her daggers for is the slow finisher to hit killsight. I usually just use magic or spend AG to get more magic, nothing else. If boomerang daggers actually can hit Qator in his final fight then that's great for Rem. I don't even bother trying to fight him with someone that doesn't have ranged attacks, it's too much trouble.
>>
This game was good but there was way too much "throw every idea at the wall and see what sticks "

TRPG moments without ANY strategic choice
lots of plot points made to sound mysterious yet most of them end flat with no big surprise
plenty of close range fighters get fucked by 50% of the ennemies that can fly and have to resort to magic, bonus point in finis difficulty where you are forced to solo everything so you cant quickly switch to a ranged guy
Characters like Cinque go COMPLETELY against the entire game design
Magic surpass physical in every way super fast
>>
>>343300128
It's a surpringly strong ranged move

It's litterally the only reason she can defeat the crazy lorican soldiers, that shit hits as hard as Fully charged trey

It's garbage for killsights though
>>
>>343295319
i agree, its a pretty fun game.
>>
>>343300128
Just because she can magic cancel level 3 out of à single hit already makes Rem the best character in my book

She only need the boomerang moves for two ennemies in the entire game, the rest will get fucked with a single cast
>>
>>343295319
I had like 2 hours in it before really starting playing last weekend. I finished it monday and it was really great. I did not get the part where the sky turns red and the temple appears. Why?
>>
FF fans are retarded. They all bitched about FFXIII because
>too linear
>half the characters suck
>plot is boring and drags on for half the game

And yet they jerk off to FFX even though it has the exact same problems.
>>
>>343301402
I got tricked into buying FFX/X-2 HD thinking it would be better.

I was wrong to listen to nostalgiafags.
>>
>>343300412
Remember this guy is now directing FFXV and the same thing is happening with it, just throwing stuff in and trying to make it work
>>343297369
z-z-z-zettai ryouiki!
Seriously playing this game without a boner is impossible
>>
>>343300412
How does Cinque go against the games design? She's really useful against almost everything. The few things I have trouble killing with her are probably just the flying enemies, and most of them are nothing Fire RF2 won't fix.

>>343301026
I won't argue against Rem being insane. My preference for 7 probably is just favoritism. I've used Rem a lot too just because playing a group of kids from the magic kingdom that can't hardly even use magic well is a bit infuriating. I don't like her aesthetically or her personality though.

Also whoever that was earlier, Deuce is pretty cool, especially once you can fire off constant shockwaves with the flute.
>>
>>343301402

Same with how people bitch about all the problems in FFVIII, overlooking that every single one of them has been done in another FF game. Except Junctioning (which I personally like more than most FF systems).
>>
>>343299601
>DO NOT bother with her character specific "spells", they're worthless

Spoken like a pleb

Also, she's one of the best characters to fight a group of foes with when you don't lock on to a single target, as most her attacks cover a wide area around and above her.
>>
>>343299072

I just remember going in that side dungeon tower and Rem tore up everything as soon as they spawn while physical users got ass blasted when faced with multiple giant enemies or casters.
>>
>>343301575
Cinque is a slow super hard hitter in a game with killsights you have to hit very fast and magic deals more damage in a single magic cancel

On top of only having strong moves that hit once at a time limiting her damage output when she starts maxing her stats

Wanna see how much the game was thought without her in mind ?

Start a New game in agito or finis difficulty
enjoy having to use her shit magic stats for absolutely everything
>>
>>343301402
i remember buying FF13 for like $10 a year after it came out and thinking it was fine for a jrpg
>>
>>343301575
>Cinque
Dude the only reason you think she is okay is because on even levels EVERY character works you can make huge mistakes it doesn't matter

Yet when the ennemies are superior to you ,you start to notice how helpless she is

You litteraly cannot be consistent with her because she can't use any of the game mechanics to her advantage
>>
>>343302294
>>343301402

Its stupid for FF fans to complain about linearity no matter what. If they wanted open world, they should be playing Dragon Quest.

Even the few FF games that do attempt to be open world still block exploration with plot triggers and bullshit random events, punishing exploration. This is why I fear FFXV is going to be shit.
>>
>>343302626

She is a lot harder to use but I had some luck with her by timing things. I remember leveling off of behemoths and coeurls early game by using her spinning attack to stun lock them. That was on the hardest difficulty I could do in a new game and forcing myself to kill shot everything but Cinque's attack was high enough to still do damage without killshots.
>>
>>343302626
I was killing the behemoths in the cave with her around level 20. She's only hard to use because you have to hit killsights basically off of prediction. It's true that the reward you get from using her is hardly worth the risk but it was very rare that I ever thought it was time to switch if I was using her. Also stunning people with the wave is fun.
>>
>>343303031
She's hard to use because the game mechanics go against her

With the same archetype you have jack , except he is capable for quick hit and run and barrages of attacks along with a counter move for group battles

If Cinque can't facetank 10 attacks she becomes the absolute worst because none of her shit is designed to not be a slow moving target

Sure you can probably solo the entire game on hardest with her, but you can't deny she will find herself in complete stalemates when 3 supersoldiers are gonna spawn and you won't be able to do anything that utilize her strenght without getting shot
>>
File: Monitor grab.gif (1 MB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
Monitor grab.gif
1 MB, 200x113
>>343297369
In terms of the type 0 Girls being girlfriends
Sice - An actual proper tsundere. Just the right amount of both to keep her interesting. The school year will be filled with ups and downs with her.

Cater:A bro all around. Will be a blast having her with you. Getting into a types of shit and generally being awesome. When comes to being romantic surprisingly shy. School year will be fuckawesome.

Cinque - Since she's an airhead, you'll probably be spending alot of time making sure she doesn't do something stupid or hurt herself. She'll stick to you like glue though so if you like that, then by all means. She'll never forget to thank you for looking out for her though. School year will be kind of normal.

Deuce - The quiet girlfriend, she'll prefer spending time indoors and shit, but that ain't so bad. Shy for alot of things but can be surprisingly stubborn and brave when she wants to. A normal school year with her.

Rem - Your waifu. Will love you unconditionally, look out for you, help you with whatever you need and generally be an absolute sweetheart. Your highschool year will be a rose tinted one. Make sure you marry the fuck out of her.

Queen - The strict type of girlfriend. Will act like a bitch, put you in place whenever you get out of control, nag a lot, get your grades up to snuff to be on par with hers and generally will be a pain throughout the school year. Sometimes you'll wonder how did you even fall in love with her. But when summertime comes, she loosens up and becomes a lot more caring a loving. Her romantic moments when they come up do remind you why you fell in love with her. If you can put up with her, you are a champ.

Seven - Not much to say, she'll be a normal girlfriend. With all of the ups and downs. A normal school year.
>>
>>343303386
I'M not saying you can't finish the game with her

I'm saying none of the core mechanics of the game are applicable to her unique style

You get better damage per second with other characters, easier killsights, safer means of attacks, better dodges, better speed

She isn't good at 95% of the things the game is asking you to be
>>
>>343303902
I still prefer Cinque, Sice and Seven
Besides Seven has lesbian tendencies
>>
>>343295319
Plot takes forever to development and the combat is garbage

Other than that it's not bad, just mediocre
>>
>>343303902
Girls like Queen don't exist in real life and it makes me sad.
>>
>>343298081
Not Lightning is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: 340170_20160628211516_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
340170_20160628211516_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>he likes having only four attacks available at any given point in time
>he likes having no jump mechanics beyond the jump attack, thus limiting available mobility and combos
>he likes having a large overworld with absolutely nothing in its environment
>he likes having combat that revolves around fighting significantly higher leveled enemies with the expectation that you'll be having party members die often
>he likes having a few almost functionally useless party members (for example, Cinque)
>he likes cutscenes that are comprised of extremely stiff characters standing still talking to each other with the camera going back and forth
>he likes having to wait a moment to suck up dead enemies after you kill them
Type 0 is pretty shit. Its music is good but that's it.
>>
I thought the game was great. It had a great OST and I thought the gameplay was pretty decent. I didn't have the motion sickness problems others did. Also I had a great time fapping to all the girls' thighs and socks.
>>
>>343303902
Fuck off, retard.
>>
File: Da Phuc.jpg (11 KB, 388x379) Image search: [Google]
Da Phuc.jpg
11 KB, 388x379
>>343295319
>FFVIII-2
>>
>>343298062
FF OSTs are GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4VfAtnv1g
https://youtu.be/Q1kGp4QuVMQ
https://youtu.be/QxR9zv_jQQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6YL1Ch45gA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHaDpERu-Dw
>>
>>343306520

He means you're literally a part of some military academy that trains gifted youths to fight in wars.
>>
>using magic
It's like you hate fun.
>>
>>343301238
Because you're not done. Time to play on the ng+ and higher difficulties.
>>
I played it for 20 minutes and found I couldn't care about a single thing said, or recognise a single character.

If the first 20 minutes can't grab your attention, it's a bad game.
>>
File: 340170_20160628211502_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
340170_20160628211502_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343306245
>>
File: 1467161298228.gif (415 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1467161298228.gif
415 KB, 480x238
>>343307303
>>
>>343295319
Everyone shat on it because we didn't get the handheld version.
Type-0 works and designed as a handheld game and it painfully shows when you play the PS4/PC version.
I played it on the PSP first when the english patch came out and loved the fuck out of it but I really couldn't stand playing it on the PS4.
>>
>>343297259
>I'm only playing through chapter 2 at the moment and my only complaint is that the game looks like ass. Which i kinda expected for a PSP port
Birth By Sleep HD in the KH 2.5 collection looks good though, and its a PSP port
>>
>>343306601
The Crisis Core/Type-0 composer doesn't get the cred he deserves. Why the fuck do people still praise Uematsu like a god when FF has had far better composers in the more recent years? At least Shimomura is getting prasied as the next Uematsu.
>>
>>343307810
He's also the guy who did The World Ends With You's soundtrack
>>
>>343297983

It's the same director of FFXV if that's anything
>>
>>343298783

They say the PC version is still superior. Camera issues I think (but that was problably fixed in the PS4 too? I don't know)
>>
>>343298119
You sheath the Katana when you are not in combat, Jack's attacks are lightning fast even outside of his combat mode. In combat just dodge to close the gap with your foe.
>>
File: type 0 settings.png (350 KB, 996x528) Image search: [Google]
type 0 settings.png
350 KB, 996x528
>>343308467
The camera was fixed almost a year ago.
>>343298783
Type 0 HD is a fantastic port. What more do you want? You shouldn't expect 60FPS from a game that was developed to have its framerate tied to gameplay mechanics way back when. The HD version is just a touch up of the PSP version. Disregarding the lock, the port runs flawlessly and has a shit ton of control options, way more than almost every other FF game on steam. The only ports better than Type 0 HD are Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (the latter of which also being 30FPS locked).

Many of the people who complained that Type 0 couldn't run on their PCs were from people who set the Anti-Aliasing settings to max, which ran the game at 4k and then downsampled it. Even good PCs have trouble with 4k.
>>
>>343307810
>>343308301
Yeah, Ishimoto is remarkably versatile and absolutely godlike with guitar compositions. Would love to have him for VIIR, potentially assisted by some other SE composers.
>>
>>343299175
Charge up her hatered by killing ennemis, avoid to take hits because you will lose charge of hatred and do less damage. She has good balance in HP/MP and ATK stat and a fast magic cancel with her forward+attack. One of my all time favorite.
>>
>>343307810
Them new FFXV tracks. Gotta love when FF goes full grimdark military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3PEELpZYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-fQCp56Lv8
>>
>>343299601
Fuck you, Dark Zone is fantastic to sustain her without consuming MP, and you will use those MP to cast some tier 3 long range spell.
>>
>>343300128
My record against the final Qator is something like 53 or 57 secondes in the +50 lvl mission with Rem, saying she can't beat him simply show that you don't use her correctly.
>>
File: sice panties.jpg (38 KB, 800x322) Image search: [Google]
sice panties.jpg
38 KB, 800x322
I want to see Sice's HD panties
>>
>>343309596
Damn that's good but it sounds like Shimomura is trying to be Zimmer.
>>
>>343297080
>FF fans bitched up to high heaven until it got released in the west.

The real reason it was hyped was because XIII was hated.
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>343295319
It's a mediocre handheld game and you have shit taste.
>>
File: 2015-09-11_00035.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-11_00035.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
>>343309841
I got you covered senpai
>>
>>343303902
I don't think Sice is a tsundere, she has a harsh/tomboyish personality, but she won't bitch just like that, if she has a valid reason she will shit on you but if not, then she is good.
>>
File: just do your job, faggot.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
just do your job, faggot.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
>>343310473
Pretty much. Most of the time she's genuinely sarcastic and critical if something needs criticizing.
>>
Everyone hates on every modern JRPG out of habit. Doesn't mean theyre bad, just out of fashion.

Just look at the new Star Ocean.
>>
Voice acting was awful, school story was shit, gameplay lacked focus.
>>
>>343311181
The new SO is actually shit though.
>>
>>343311221
This

Could not stop cringing at the terrible voice acting.
>>
>>343298081
>Phantom Rush

Yooooooooo that fucking skill.
> That bobbing
>that weaving
>dem counter hits
The entire team is dead and that nigga is just casually clearing the field at his own pace.
Eight the best boy.
>>
>>343311221
I usally don't mind English dubs, but fuck Nine was AWFUL.
>>
>>343311685

The damn main moogle was the last straw. Who thought that was a good idea besides kawaii fsggots
>>
>>343312339
Oh fuck thanks for reminding me. My ears are still ringing from that horrible shite.
>>
>>343311693
Eight is fucking fun to play, except when you have to face flying/ranged ennemies, he is fucked.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.