[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Xbox is the Best Platform
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: xbox-logo-640x386.jpg (11 KB, 640x386) Image search: [Google]
xbox-logo-640x386.jpg
11 KB, 640x386
Before 2008 I was a PC gamer exclusively. I grew up on CnC, Homeworld, Half Life, Quake, Thief, Baldurs Gate. etc. I didnt enjoy those games at all, in fact they were depressing. They were gritty and this is what I associate PC gaming with to this day. This was further emphasized by the fact that there was an annoying learning curve on PC (maintenance, upgrades, what sites to avoid).

But when I got a console, an Xbox, all that changed. I was introduced to color and energy. A stable platform with titles that inspired, not depressed. Where games were fun and intuitive without the strife of PC games back in the day.
When the bar was 'lowered' in this way, I started appreciating seeing what was important in games, I became interested in the industry and games. As for the rest it was obvious that PS and NIntendo were copying each other. Xbox on the other hand tried a different and more direct approach to games.

>Halo
a shooter with an interesting story and art style unlike anything on PC, still unmatched

>Fable
an rpg with tons of color and personality unlike anything on PC, still unmatched

>Gears
while still managing to depress with its gray colors, it too had a cool story and set pieces. PC games had no set pieces. Only HL had them but only for the first minutes and not as interesting as a giant worm. These 'set pieces' were a novelty 10 years ago and are now an industry standard.

>Forza
a racing game that actually cared about cars

>Saints Row 1
a much better GTA than any of the GTA games

>Limbo
the concept of indie games was pretty cool or sad seeing as games are expensive but nevertheless made devs use their talent rather than technology to game making. It was a paradigm shift and I tnink it was for the best. Its not that PC had no original titles pre 2005, but they were not as creative as MS's indie division and ripples it has today.

>inb4 Xbox has no more exclusives.
So what? MS owns PC and I'm never going back to it anyway because of reasons listed.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (13 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
13 KB, 360x361
>>
>>343293756
>if it doesnt pander to my beliefs, its bait
>>
looks like nobody here plays real video games
>>
>>343293548
My first console was gamecube. I think its just games on console especially exclusives seem really bright and unique. Such as for gamecube, custom robo, mario kart double dash, super smash melee. They just have an atmosphere to them. I agree with good xbox exclusives I got my first xbox in 2007 for halo 3 and enjoyed it along with Fable 2. The only thing thats killing consoles now is midgen upgrades, lets just hope games on them will stay good though.
>>
I have a PC, its the best platform

I have an Xbone, its the best platform

I have a PS4, its the best platform
>>
>>343293548
some Halo games are on PC
Fable is on PC
Gears is on PC
Saints Row games are on PC
Limbo is on PC and was just free
>>
>>343296449
those games are dead on pc
>>
>>343296536
everything is dead on the Xbone
>>
>>343294971
your thread just isn't funny or clever...
>>
PC games like StarCraft would not be doable on a console without severely hampering it
>>
this is 100% straight-faced and copypasted from some forum isn't it
>>
Sick blog faggot where do I subscribe?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.