[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we fix him? He's basically dead weight, even after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11
File: dat iris.png (1 MB, 1084x611) Image search: [Google]
dat iris.png
1 MB, 1084x611
how do we fix him? He's basically dead weight, even after the widow nerf.
>>
>>343291871
Most people dont know how to play Zenyatta. He`s a dps disguised as a support, disord orb melts tanks.
>>
>>343291871
Revert the orb nerfs. Make teammates see the Orb of Discord HUD icon.
>>
Doesn't need a whole lot of fixing, maybe just give him a small movement speed buff whenever he has discord and/or harmony orbs on people
>>
How much do you need to suck at the game to think he's bad?
>>
>>343292387
I would agree. but He can't move far from the team.

Assault player get mad because he dies easily.

Healers don't like how slow his movement and healing is.

If he was faster he would be op tho.
>>
>>343292574
He's literally the only hero not played competitively at all, it doesn't matter if you do good with him in pubs, he's bad.
>>
>>343292574
He is not a better pick than traditional dps characters. At 200 hp he would be. Getting good at him is a waste of time right now.
>>
>>343292660
>played competitively
>the scene where, once players decide arbitrarily on what happens to be good, they never try anything new ever again until someone gets nerfed

consider suicide
>>
>>343292660
just because pro players are good against him doesn't mean that people at your shitty >55 ranking are
>>
>>343292660
Him not being played in competitive does not mean he's bad.

>>343292768
>He is not a better pick than traditional dps characters
He's DPS/Support, it wouldn't make sense if he did more damage than full DPS characters.
>>
>>343292841
You did the arrow the wrong way around senpai
>>
>>343292786
What you say it's true, but that anon is also right.
There's no situation in which zen would do better than some other hero.
It's not that he's really bad, the other heroes are just better than him at specific tasks.
>>
>>343292993
>other heroes are just better than him at specific tasks
What does that even mean? That's true for any character.
>>
>>343292387
I think most people here know that. But he's still way too squishy. He has zero fucking mobility his damage might be high but he can't use it because he has to always be in the back of a team since literally everything kills him in 2 hits. Why play zenyatta when you could play any other class and do what you wanted to do on him but better?
I don't know how to fix him. Adding more health and nothing else will make him just as bad. He needs to be able to heal more than one person or leech life off of enemies with his discord orb on them sho he can sustain himself with his measly health.
>>
File: 1466954121634.png (465 KB, 619x481) Image search: [Google]
1466954121634.png
465 KB, 619x481
he's a monster if you have a torb and a symmetra on your team
>>
>>343291871
He's fine, he tears people apart if used properly

Just don't solo heal as him
>>
>>343293118
They're implying that since he's half healer and half DPS that you're best off either picking Mercy or someone like McCree. Basically they hate fun and don't understand the difference between theoretical performance and actual gameplay. There are plenty of situations/teams that fit Zen perfectly.
>>
>>343293118
If you want to heal, you better pick Mercy or Lucio, if you want to focus down an enemy, Widow would do it better, area denial through projectile spam - Hanzo, etc.
>>
>>343293118
There's always a reason to pick soldier or reaper or Lucio or mercy. There's never ever a reason to pick Zen. He's not a healer so you still need mercy or Lucio. And he's so squishy he can't be used in the objective and has to hide like a weird terrible hybrid sniper otherwise he'll die quicker than any other character in the game. I've literally never once got mad at a zenyatta for being too good or cheap or anything like that.
>>
git gud.
a good zenyatta is always mvp.
>>
>>343291871

Give him 50 more HP. Fixed.
>>
>>343293321
I'm explaining why it's not picked in "pro" matches. It's not like I said if you pick Zen in a random pub match you're 100% bound to lose. You increase your chances by picking Zen though.
>>
>>343292660
Winston counters him hard and the meta has lots of Winston.
>>
File: 1380338444533.jpg (79 KB, 471x512) Image search: [Google]
1380338444533.jpg
79 KB, 471x512
>Zenyatta on defense
>Sit on the point
>If any motherfucker comes into range, throw em a discord orb
>If I haven't torn their ass apart with my balls of steel within five seconds, another one of my teammates sure as hell has.
>>
>>343293321

As much as I love Zenyatta from his mechanics to his design I always feel like I could do more for the team playing 76 instead.
>>
>>343293321
Name some. I would rather have any other character than zenyatta on my team, I'd take multiples over zenyatta.
He's shit right now and that's a fact. Shit characters in fighting games still get picked and place or win in fighting games. Zenyatta is so shit he doesn't even get picked. And he's probably my favorite character to play but I literally can't because of just how damn bad he is.
>>
>>343293373
He's a hybrid character. He's a balance of damage and healing.

>>343293443
>He's not a healer so you still need mercy or Lucio
You can have both on a team.
>>
Give him 175 HP

Change his Discord Orb to rightclick. Replace his rightclick with an actual useful ability. Maybe some meditation stance where he takes reduced damage for some time.

He dies so damn quickly to anything which can either flank or straight jump at him.
>>
>>343293734
Not that anon but only really useful thing I've seen Zenyatta used for is countering a heavy torb turret and Bastion teams. His ult just fucks up teams that turtle really hard.
>>
File: Bastion.jpg (289 KB, 1791x1920) Image search: [Google]
Bastion.jpg
289 KB, 1791x1920
DUDE LMAO YOU THINK YOU CAN GO THROUGH, MEATFAG? GORILLAIN MILLIAN DAMAGE TURRET MODE LEL NO 2 BASTIONS TURRET MODE CAMPING WITH WIDOWCUNT TOGETHER AS IF THEY ARE HER SENTIENT VIBRATOR DILDO LMAO GIT GUD USE HANZO, WAIT A MOMENT HE CAN'T DO SHIT ON HIM LMAO STILL WILL KILL HANZO FROM GORILLIAN AWAY LMAO STILL CAN HEAL DURING TURRET MODE LMAO YOU THINK YOU PUSHED BACK? GONNA GO TANK AND SHIT MEATFAG, LMAO

literally cancer
>>
File: 313.png (171 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
313.png
171 KB, 1280x985
>>343293734
>I would rather have any other character than zenyatta on my team, I'd take multiples over zenyatta.
Are you ready to take full responsibility for these words?
>>
>>343293734
I enjoy playing Tekken. Just because nobody chooses Roger, Wang or Ganryu they're not necessarily bad characters. It's the same with Zenyatta. If you deeply learn them then you have a huge advantage as people aren't as used to facing higher-skilled Zens and they can shred teams since it's harder to put yourself in their mindset, you're not as sure of what they're going to do next. Granted they could reach higher proficiency in the same amount of time with a different character since others have objectively better frame data or damage per hit, but that's where the "fun" aspect comes in. Some people just love playing as him and with enough practice can become godlike. It's like Symmetra,originally horseshit and ignored but she's slowly being seen more and more.
>>
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
Objective top tier master rank how to fix overwatch heroes notes:

Torbjorn: build sentry cool down begins when sentry is destroyed

Bastion: add a .5 second spin up time for turret

D.Va: defense matrix recycles enemy fire into armor for herself, only a small percentage ratio, not 1:1

Roadhog: hook no longer stuns for full duration. Instead the target has a chance to act during the last few animations

Winston: leap deals more damage the longer the airtime: up to 75 damage

Zenyatta: hp changed to 200 (150 shield, 50armor,). Additionally, picking up a health pack will instead transfer to your orb of harmony target

Pharah: gain 75 armor during the duration of JUSTice
>>
File: minion.png (312 KB, 479x464) Image search: [Google]
minion.png
312 KB, 479x464
>lets add a character with okay abilities and actual projectiles. But lets first make his health so low he can't even get in objectives without his ult and let's also give him literally zero mobility
Great Blizzard" Design
>>
>>343293961
Have you tried being better?
>>
File: f07.png (524 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
f07.png
524 KB, 500x357
>Mei defending Hanamura

It's like real women in my life

They sense me coming on to them and they block me cold
>>
So can anyone tell me how to actually fucking play him well? I can't figure it out. Nowhere seems appropriate for him. He can't be in the front. The middle is usually too vulnerable as well and his projectiles are too hard to hit in the back because of how fast enemies are. I'd love to get that purple and white skin and wreck shit all day as him if I could.
>>
>>343292786
I hate competitive meta so much

Although it does set the stage for some awesome shit.
IIRC some dude took a stacked Emolga into a pokemon tournament full of 'same shit competitive' team makeups. That little flying fuck was an iron wall against all the usual shit you see and was tanky as fuck to begin with.
Needless to say the guy won the tournament and left a lot of pro players feeling rather dumb.
>>
>>343294586
Either improve your aim with him (practice, his shots are reliable but weird to get used to) or cheese turtlers by hiding behind a corner and fully charging your rmb, combine with discord quickly and poke your head out to shoot for big damage. Alternatively he wrecks shop alongside a Lucio for the speedboost. Shame a lot of Lucios just use the speed as a sprint button and don't switch when everyone's fine for health.
>>
>>343294441
That's cold man.
>>
>>343294063
>that roadhog one
That's the most retarded thing ever.
>>
>>343294063
Winston is already really good, I don't think he needs anything.
>>
File: cowboi.png (17 KB, 93x93) Image search: [Google]
cowboi.png
17 KB, 93x93
>>343297273
roadhog main kill yourself my man
>>
>>343297686
>make the hook useless on everybody except the ones he didn't need it for anyway
Why not just remove it completely while you're at it?
>>
>Tankfucker
>that one DPS that can heal and deal tons of damage

You only get fucked if he is your only support.
>>
>>343293961
Pick Genji
Press E
>>
>>343292387
>Most poeple don't

typical /v/. implying you DO know how to play and everyone else is shit.
>>
>>343298847
>posts on/v/
>holier-than-thou attitude
Seagull stream monster, please. ;^)
>>
File: 1435088875114.png (95 KB, 149x252) Image search: [Google]
1435088875114.png
95 KB, 149x252
>>343291871
>Harmony and Discord

Are they SERIOUSLY making a MLP reference?
For fucks sake Blizzard.
>>
>>343299998

(You)
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 750x1334
Zen is amazing as he is (in pubs) he will always be a lesser pick because he requires actual aiming
Keep his Hp the same but swap out his alt fire for a speed boost or something, the thing is a good zen can take out flankers at close quarters (bar a good genji) but he should have something to get him out of sticky situations so a speed boost would be like mercys glide or lucios wall run and speed
>>
>Roadhog. Remove Fat McCree with his flow chart one hit kill combo. Directly remove one of the most frustrating and irritating combos in the entire fucking game. At least Fan the Hammer was over quickly and you could go about your business again but fuck me get hooked and its 50/50 if the Hog has held down Left Click correctly, if his team is paying attention, if you don't get spazzed through a wall or behind him and have to do the retarded escape dance to try and get away.

Fuck off Roadhog not a single fucking person is impressed by your stupid hook on reaction bullshit. Just fuck off.

Actually are there any Ults Roadhog can't just fucking eat through?
>>
>>343292498
This would be insanely helpful. All one ever sees is a tiny bit of purple goo on a character, which is usually masked by the giant red enemy indicator.
>>
>>343299998
>Knowing its a pony reference

How?
>>
>>343297581

Winston is low tier in retard stacks, since its hard for him to do anything himself. He doesnt drop in and die die die for example.

When will d.vas ult not just be bad junk ult? It's range should be huge, with no indicator like stickybomb has (Junkrats ult doesn't have a hud indicator, why should it?)

Zenyatta basically needs a reinhardt shield to stand behind.
>>
>>343301298
>D.VA's Ult is a worse version of Junkrat's
You are joking, right?
>>
>>343299998
It's a reference to the Eris and Harmonia you fucking pleb.
>>
>playing Overhyped ever
>people still playing Overhyped
Modern gaming consumers truly have no taste
>>
>>343301582

It's true. Easy to deal with. Junks can climbs walls and shit.
>>
>>343301881
>stop liking what i dont like!
>>
>>343302630
Just ignore him
>>
>>343293961
Please show me where the Bastion player touched you on this doll.
>>
>>343300867
His hook just shouldn't stun so you have time to react and possibly kill him before you are pulled to him.

It's a guaranteed kill at the moment unless the Hog is a total drooling retard and can't aim a shotgun at a stunned target directly infront of it's face.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.