[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Piracy exists so people can play our game for free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 19
File: denuvo.jpg (12 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
denuvo.jpg
12 KB, 640x360
>"Piracy exists so people can play our game for free and (also) advertise our game for free. And with denuvo around, that will not be possible anymore."

what says you, /v/
>>
File: taytay.png (3 MB, 1832x2560) Image search: [Google]
taytay.png
3 MB, 1832x2560
>>343291860
I'm not poor so if i really want to play it i'll buy it. Who really gives a shit?
>>
>>343291860
Idk, i find it almost useless as well. Haven't played any new game in a while since uncrackable

Don't really mind, but i kinda do a little...
>>
as usual I says there is no such thing as uncrackable software, and refer you to the previous thread where people have made some progress breaking the VM.
>>
>>343293091
Pretty much this. It'd be ideal if denuvo went away completely, cause imagine what would happen if you bought a denuvo game and you couldn't validate it when their servers go offline.
>>
>>343291860
That's retarded. Advertising is done through trailers, events and conferences. Who ever said, "I bought this game because my friend torrented it and said it was good"
>>
>>343291860
Denuvo is a software company selling a solution worldwide. I say these threads should be considered marketing and a bannable offense.
>>
People have been using the free advertising argument for years, authors liken it to lending your friend a book and that can make the person more interested in the person's other works.
>>
>>343291860
>what says you, /v/
It's more complex then that though, there's timelines to consider. Denuvo is expensive, so naturally it's mainly used on big budget titles, which also tend to have big marketing. So they don't need free advertising, at least not in the first 3-6 months or so when the big launch push is. That's also when they really care about piracy, they know it'll get cracked eventually, but if they can make sure they get most of their big, most profitable hump of sales then after that they don't care, it's all long tail and big discount territory anyway. So DRM that lasts briefly works there for them, and they can always just make a demo if they think that's needed (or offer a limited time run or something).

Smaller titles tend to depend much more on word of mouth and a steady stream/trickle of sales over years, so they maybe benefit a bit more from some free distribution, although I wouldn't read too much into pirate conversion rates. It's more that given how it all balances it's not really worth it to pay the expense of DRM beyond the basics and making sure that pirates can't use any of their servers if there's MP or leaderboards, which is simple and reliable enough to do.

Denuvo doesn't require anything of devs, it's up to them to decide if, when, and how to use it to make the most money.
>>
>>343293312
>Who ever said, "I bought this game because my friend torrented it and said it was good"

A lot more people than you might think.
>>
It kinda works in the beginning, games like lords of the fallen got some publicity for being >le uncrackable but when the niche wears of after a few games they often tend too fall into obsurity much faster.
>>
>>343293312
I buy games when a friend tells me it's good. I do that because I don't trust advertisements and trailers made by shills and Jews.

You're the retarded cancer killing the industry if you buy things based on the hype machine.
>>
>>343293312
His friend doesn't need to tell anyone he torrented it, he just needs so say that he played it and it was good.
>>
>>343293312
I pirated darkest dungeon and i reccomended it to a friend who bought it, he did the same to me with civ 5.
>>
>>343293501
>Denuvo doesn't require anything of devs
Except money, implementation and optmization.
You know what cost nothing? Leaving it be. Look at gog, CDProjekt and Witcher.
>>
>>343291860
You make these threads every other hour. What do you get out of this?
>>
>>343291860
It's called a "demo" or "trial version". A good one has a good 2-3 hours of gameplay, and can just be the first 10-20% of a game (or a great sandbox or something). Or for MP contains just 1-2 maps and modes say, or level capped or whatever. A good trial combined with an un-pirateable full version (for the first few months anyway) will do better at conversion then letting people play the entire thing, at least for somewhat/heavily single player vidya.

DRM should then be removed after a year, which keeps dev costs low and then lets them go into legacy mode and keep up a bit of extra interest over the years and avoid bad PR amongst their own customers. That's a good long term winning strategy.
>>
>>343293312
t. Underage faggot who never rented a game
>>
File: 127042566097.jpg (26 KB, 343x388) Image search: [Google]
127042566097.jpg
26 KB, 343x388
>>343293785
>Except money, implementation and optmization.
Do you have reading comprehension issues? What was the start of the second fucking sentence of that post:
>Denuvo is expensive
Oh. It's almost like I said it was expensive because I did say it was expensive. THINK god damn it. When I said "it doesn't require anything of devs" that was as part of HOW THEY USE IT, not that it doesn't cost a lot of money. The point was that Denuvo itself doesn't require a dev not to have a trial version, or set install limits or any other shit. Devs can make it extremely lenient or not. A dev could use Denuvo and make a way for people to play the game for free for 10 hours if they wanted. It's up to devs to be smart, or else they'll be punished by the market.

I swear sometimes you autists get triggered by the stupidest shit even when there is no foundation for it at all.
>>
>>343294409
Very ironic of you to call me autist while you ignore the other two words i put after "money" and going full rant about it.
>>
File: VIDEOGAMES.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
VIDEOGAMES.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>343294635
You're just a fucking retard then, because "implementation and optmization" are both the same thing as "money" to a developer. All they represent is another economic expenditure in terms of paying people to work on it, and possibly delaying the game which again is another economic cost.

Shit it's really summer isn't it, you're some brat. Hell even for a high school student it shouldn't be necessary to explain something so fucking basic.
>>
>>343291860
In the age of youtube celebrities/twitch internet advertisement is already free, why bother with pirates?
>>
File: 1466640804890.jpg (79 KB, 763x736) Image search: [Google]
1466640804890.jpg
79 KB, 763x736
>>343291860
>Buy game
>Play for a while
>Don't like it
>Return it
>Get money back

What is this economical black magic?
>>
>>343292914
Im a poor leaf-fag, games cost me over 100 each for standard editions. Gonna wait a few years for them to dip in price.
>>
>>343294987
Implementation and optmization translate into money but they are not the same thing. I'm sure you already have the cognitive capability needed to differentiate words and concepts. Maybe i should be more specific to try and help you out so you don't sperg more about it.
It doesn't cost nothing, because you spend resources implementing Denuvo and optmizing for it, that's time and money that could have been saved. And uncrackable game doesn't sell more. Find one source that defend this. On the other hand, infinite number of pirateable games that sold quadribillion copies. Devs are basically wasting resources on something that impacts their dev cycle, has no monetary return, just because of some moral assumption that ignore the whole systemic nature of consumer-product-marketing relationship. Try not to sperg out friend.
>>
>>343295628
Glad you agree with me and are embarrassed about being so retarded in your first reply. It's alright, it happens, just read a bit more closely next time.
>>
File: 1461570365199.png (334 KB, 880x720) Image search: [Google]
1461570365199.png
334 KB, 880x720
>>343292914
>>343295152
This here is the truth: people who have money will buy games even if they can pirate them, while people who don't have money won't buy games even if they can't pirate them.
>>
>>343291860
Piracy exists because you faggots pump out the same shit with a different colour each year, make no effort at all in porting it, optimise it like shit, release it buggy and unplayable and then have the spine to ask for 60 dollars.
>>
>>343295851
I disagreed with one specific point which i quoted in my first reply. Your rant is amusing and confusing to witness. Maybe it's time for your pills anon.
>>
Word of mouth is still word of mouth, pirated copy or not. If piracy increases that chance of people going around saying a game is good, then that should be counted as a positive.
>>
File: 1371556679991.jpg (19 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1371556679991.jpg
19 KB, 251x251
>>343291860
>"Theft exists so people can sample our product for free and (also) advertise our product for free. And with police around, that will not be possible anymore."
>>
>>343291860
i am only pirate gamer so it bothers me a lot that they ruin my only source for games.
>>
>>343296204
>physically existent objects are the same as bits that can be cloned infinitely for almost no energy input
>>
Why do people constantly try to justify piracy?

Like you just want a free game. Sure some people buy the game after pirating it if they liked it enough, but that's a pretty small percentage.

Just stop caring and pirate the damn game.
>>
>>343293312
Spoken like someone who has no friends. Recommendations from people you can actually trust are how most games are sold.
>>
>>343293513
Name 20
>>
>>343296531
Don't worry, next to nothing good has been put behind Denuvo.

As a someone who buys games the only game with Denuvo I deemed worth 30€ I spent on it was MGS V.
>>
>>343296204
theft:
dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

>depriving the other of it.
>>
>>343291860
>pirate all games
>buy physical so i can keep it sealed and pretty on the shelf
this is objectively the best way
>>
File: miku pirate.jpg (128 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
miku pirate.jpg
128 KB, 450x360
i pirate every game I can

deal with it lmao
>>
>>343296624

You're missing the forest for the tree.

It's not about individuals being able to pirate. It's about piracy being the prototype of another socia-economical model. Which people think worth defending.
>>
>>343295870
I disagree. People will scrimp and save for something they really want. Or wait for a sale.
>>
>>343296969

I can just by myself, bu that wouldn't mean anything to you. Nor would you believe it.
>>
>>343293312
>Advertising is done through trailers, events and conferences

If you take anything from the above to heart you deserve to get swindled. In the current age of blatant bullshots, pre-rendered trailers, and paid reviews, you're a moron to buy anything that you can't confirm word of mouth with other people.
>>
>>343297327
>Which people think worth defending
More like worth attacking. /v/ is the only board people attack piracy. Others have even sticky with links.
>>
>>343297409
Mom, Dad, your cat, and your waifus don't count Anon. Let me guess. You have 100 real friends on facebook! :^)
>>
>>343296080
It's cute you're still so red about fucking up and shifting to full on defense mode, but at least you tried.
>>
>>343297692
>>343296969
Not even that anon, but stop being a cunt and projecting your loser status on all of us.
>>
>>343297801
What did i fuck up and tried anon?
>>
>>343297620
>More like worth attacking.

That too, especially the minorities that have a vested interest in the current model. Loads of propaganda all around. Though big money right now is more working on subverting the potential other models.

See how the global license model was refused vehemently by publishers only to see a variations of it being implemented that had all same trappings that were decried, but economically favored publishers other makers and the public.
>>
>>343297692

I've worked for a youth shelter. Now I can tell you piracy is rampant there. But I also can confirm it does lead to sales. Most of them actually from what I can tell.

As I said, you're not going to believe. Fuck you very much for your time though.
>>
I don't want to buy anything with Denuvo, so I haven't bought D44M or Mad Max, and I won't buy Deus Ex. No real losses so far, but it is still a source of frustration.
>>
Denuvo takes some of resources(at is quiet high) so i think it is shit BUT if they would found technology to make it so you can't pirate but it won't take resources from my computer then feel free
I won't buy most of the games because they are shit, I would buy more games(i mean denuvo ones) if they would have demo version which i can test (how it works on my spec, is it fun?) but they probably won't do it because they know how shitty their games are
After all i think that games with denuvo have lower sales because of 2 things I mentioned before so people don't want to take a risk for incompetency of devs
>>
If pirates were better customers than regular buyers, then the entire industry would migrate to a f2p model.
Just saying
>>
I don't care. Vidya is the only thing I actually buy.
>>
>>343292914
>Movies have trailers
>Books have previews
>Games don't have demos anymore

Trailers might work for Sony games, but the majority of people want to try something before they buy it.
>>
crackers should focus on hacking DENUVO serevers instead of trying to reverse engineer the software
>>
>>343298672
Doom is pretty cool. You should buy it.
>>
>>343298710

I do not doubt the industry could be stupid enough to do it, but there's no directs implication that pirates being good customers under the current model would still be under the F2P one.
>>
>>343298710
The f2p model is about hunting whales. The regular players are just whale bait.
>>
>>343293312
>he buys games based around trailers, events and conferences
cancer
>>
I'm running cracked Doom right now, so I don't give a fuck senpai.
>>
I actually don't want jewish publishers to relaize how denuvo lockdowning their game hurts their overall sales, especially for franchises like far cry, assassin's creed, cod etc those which rely heavily of popularity among casual gamers/normies.

Let them gravel in their arrogance, they abuse all sort of knowledge and create abominations anyway.
>>
>/v/ worships companies, to the point where shareholders meetings are streamed
>Denuvo is very good for companies
>/v/ attacks Denuvo fiercely

I will never understand this board.
>>
>>343293312
>Advertising is done through trailers, events and conferences

Most players can see through the lies, fake gameplay and bullshots by now.
>>
>>343295982
There's never a game good enough for you. Whenever you feel like it you'll just point out some flaws to justify your next piracy.
>>
>>343298672
>I don't want to buy anything with Denuvo
This is nigger logic. You know niggers blame the police for getting caught for drug dealing and other crimes? They never once stop and wonder if it could be their own criminal behavior behind the increased policing...
>>
Well, given how the word-of-mouth you always get from pirates is always something like:
">Buying games"
">Playing for game"
"good goy"
"Buyfags are cucks and degenerates"

No wonder companies want to get rid of it.
>>
>>343297403
Those are probably minorities. I bet most without money would either pirate or ignore a game.
>>
>>343298680
>if they would found technology to make it so you can't pirate but it won't take resources from my computer then feel free
Yeah, but pirates with their molten iron-hot butthurt would still desperately try to find any excuse which to dicredit it with. Even if it took 0.0001% of processing power they would pin the whole argument on that and justify their piracy.

Pirates are not to be reasoned with. It's the same thing with mental patients at insane asylums.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>343291860
Piracy is Toxic consumer first ideologi
>>
If it weren't for piracy I wouldn't have gotten into video games back then, now I own over 1k video games, both on consoles and steam, about 80% of them were bought for full price.
How is piracy bad again?
>>
>>343297692
Holy shit, you're projecting pretty hard there anon. Are you ok? Making friends is not that hard.
>>
>>343298710
F2p model exists entirely because of pirates. But hey, don't mention it because they will then deny it.
>>
>>343298896
It has Denuvo, so I won't. I thought this was pretty clear in my earlier post.

>>343300050
I haven't pirated a game since the Spore leak. I just don't want to support abusive DRM, doesn't matter why companies implemented it in the first place.
>>
>>343291860

DENUVO exists to protect pirates from proprietary trashware.
>>
>>343300284
Well yeah but right now it does take pretty much. I played Lords of the fallen without denuvo and with on the same spec and denuvo one had 20 less fps on average (55 to 35)
Still I think that the thing that would help sells of games the most would be :
-finishing game before releasing it like most devs do right now
-making demo version (at least few minutes one so i can check how it works on my computer at least
I had to pirate Witcher 3 to check if it will run decent on my computer because I wanted boxed version and they are pain in the ass to return bought it
>>
>>343300424

F2P exists entirely because of shifts in product value made by the industry.

The industry is its own biggest problem, but blaming others is easier. Especially when you want to keep your overpaid job.
>>
>>343300054
This, I have a friend who pirates games and he is never like "You should buy this game" he instead always asks if I want him to pirate a game for me.
>>
>>343300486

I know that fell, been boycotting Steam since day one of the online activation scheme.
>>
>>343300346
What the hell games were you pirating as a kid that your parents weren't willing to get for you?
>>
I have money but I'm just a Jew and it wouldn't make sense to pay for something I can get for free.
>>
>>343293312
>Who ever said, "I bought this game because my friend torrented it and said it was good"
No one, but i have bought games because i pirated them and thought it was worth the money.

I'll stop pirating when devs start making demos that are representative of the final product.
>>
>>343293785
>>343293785
It can be argued leaving it be also makes them money from word of mouth.
The only thing garenteed by buying den, is that you've slapped an added on uneccisary peice of code to your software.

There is no promise it will prevent sales loss. Just a very big placebo for devs more or less about keeping the boogity piratemen away. (Even without pirating people could play it at friends without buying, extended family member owns a copy, and so on.)
>>
>>343300989
Why not just buy them, try them, and then refund them if they turn out they aren't worth your money? What better representation of the final game than the game itself?
>>
>>343300947
This might be hard to imagine but some families don't have enough money to waste it on video games for their kids
>>
>>343301237
Because i don't have my creditcard linked to my steam account and i'm not going to buy a balance card just to try a game.
>>
>>343301237
>Everyone buy on steam or other shitty platform
It is cheaper in my country to buy box edition and try to return it when you used your code gl
>>
File: denuvo game sales on steamspy.png (80 KB, 1067x840) Image search: [Google]
denuvo game sales on steamspy.png
80 KB, 1067x840
im sure the publishers find these figures acceptable
>>
>>343301237
>What better representation of the final game than the game itself?

So, we agree, piracy is the best demo.

Hell, it's even better for companies: doesn't cost them any server or charge-back money they would otherwise have to pay if you bought and refunded.
>>
>>343291860
That is true. I am not paying for a game if i cant take a look at it before
>>
Piracy occurs because games are shit and its hard to get a good idea if its worth buying at full price
>>
>>343292914
She looks like a grandma
>>
File: 1465695412363.png (145 KB, 666x556) Image search: [Google]
1465695412363.png
145 KB, 666x556
>>343297813
>>343298290
>>343300398
>>
File: 5 dollar footlong.jpg (40 KB, 509x310) Image search: [Google]
5 dollar footlong.jpg
40 KB, 509x310
>>343295870
Someone tell the study bug to shut the fuck up if it doesn't know what it's talking about
>>
>>343301594
Too much semen on her hair and face
>>
>>343301412
What is steamspy?
>>
>>343301436
I should have added it's like piracy without having to deal with it being illegal
>>
>>343301695
Neither Valve or EA release any sort of information about game sales figures so you need to use 3rd party sites to get the info.
>>
>>343291860
I wonder is this is shy steam sales are super shit this year, devs feeling like they don't have to worry about piracy so they give shit discounts.
>>
>>343301813
Oh, that sounds weird, how does it work? Does it like intercept sales transactions? If it does isn't that possibly illegal?
>>
>>343291860
Well, well, well, what have we here?
DENVO, huh?
Oh, I'm really scared
So you're the one everybody's talkin' about.
ha, ha, ha, ha

You're jokin', you're jokin'
I can't believe my eyes
You're jokin' me, you gotta be
This can't be a thing now guys?
It's worthless, It's hardly used!
I don't know which is worse
I might just crack it now-
lf I don't die laughing first!

When Mr. Anon Amoose says
There's trouble close at hand
You'd better pay attention now
'Cause I'm the developers Boogie Man
And if you aren't shakin'
Then there's something very wrong
'Cause this wont be the last time now you hear
this sercret advertisers spooky song, ohhh~
>>
>>343302062
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_Spy
>>
>>343301793

But also without costing companies money.
>>
>>343302996

People that pirate wouldn't have bought it in the first place. It get pirated when its released, people play it a bit but pirates can't keep up with the hotfixes and the dlc menace so they cut support and move on. Once the games are good and fixed people buy it for the rest of the support.
>>
File: 1453713807800.jpg (12 KB, 220x281) Image search: [Google]
1453713807800.jpg
12 KB, 220x281
ive never bought a game in my life, i pirate on pc, ps3 and all possible emulators, kiss my ass goys
>>
>>343297403
i can pirate whatever i want, i can also afford to buy it on release

i usually just wait for it to go down in price then wait for a sale tho because i already have too many games to play
>>
blah blah blah
me and my mateys gallivant 'round the high seas
cannonball
>>
>>343293312
>he buys things bsaed on advertisement
How does it feel to be a dumb ass nigger?
>>
Back in the day (which means over ten years ago when most of /v/ still shat their pants), people weren't as willing to pay for vidya or computers in general as today. We got a family computer in '99. Before that I had a N64 and that's it. The first game I really played on pc was Nox. If you got a game, it was on special occasions like birthday and christmas (and you didn't get any other toys).
Furthermore, in my country, they still have strange laws even today, so you can't do anything but pirate if you want to play certain games uncensored or at all.
>>
>>343291860
No demo. i pirate and test the game before i'll waste money. Fucks given is zero because i don't want to support shit.
>>
File: listen here you little shit.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
listen here you little shit.png
54 KB, 250x250
>>343295870
>>343295870

I never bought DA:O, RoTR, Doom, Lords of Fallen, Batman: AC, Unravel, ME2

Fun Fact 2: and I won't unless they will be dirt-cheap or price error

Not even because of statement is correct but because I easily can find to play something else while avoiding supporting Denuvo
>>
>>343301412
Wait I pirated Inquisition, it uses Denovo?
>>
>>343297403
I have personally never scrimped and saved for something I could pirate, and I had money basically for one new game a year and that was it.

For me and a lot of others who lived like that and now have disposable income, the big factor is not so much the game bit the business practices of the company. I happily support companies I like and actively pirate from those I don't. Or in the case of Mirrors Edge, simply don't buy even if I want to play it.
>>
File: 1467261280250.jpg (326 KB, 683x582) Image search: [Google]
1467261280250.jpg
326 KB, 683x582
>>343293312
>80% game I owned digital/original was pirated at first
Based on your viewpoint I am probably retarded, but whatever as long as I enjoy the game.
>>
>>343308248
*Physical, well I am somewhat retarded.
>>
>>343291860
>>343291860

I say you need to provide source before you make a thread fuck boy.
>>
>Current year of the current year
>People still fall for the "piracy is lost sales" meme

My god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
>>
>>343291860
I say that all Denuvo image MD5 data and filenames should be filtered.
>>
>>343309164
Just make your own filters and stop being a whiny baby.
>>
Wasn't Denuvo cracked though?
>>
>>343291860
People who try to come up with an ethical justification for piracy are the worst. Just admit you pirate because you want free shit.
>>
>>343309343
Yeah, why ban shitposting generals?
Mods already delete these threads constantly, so no reason to not do it.

These threads have never spawned any kind of legitimate discussion, it's all bait made by butthurt ''people''.
>>
>>343297403
I won't buy game ever again and I am very far from being poor. Some people will waste money if they can afford to waste it or not but i'm not falling for that consumerist meme.

when a game has already been made then there is no point paying for it, you cannot control what they do with the money you gave them. Look at C&C, if you paid for RA2 you essentially funded shit like RA3, if you paid for BF2 you funded all the shit games that dice made afterwards.

At best you are gambling that the money you spent will go to something good but in reality it usually goes to pay for something very bad indeed.

In short I think it is better that I have my money rather than anyone else.
>>
>>343309482
I do, but I give ethical justification to my piracy because it makes moralcuckolds like you mad as shit.
>>
>>343291860
>advertise our game

DEAR GOD THEY ARE ADVERTISING OUR GAME QUICK SOMEONE BREAK OUT THE DENUVO
>>
>>343309482
>are the worst
Ughh, this!!!!!!!!!
I mean, HELLO? It's 2016, for poopyhead's sakes!!!!!
>>
>>343307769
That's because denuvo games can still be cracked, it just takes more time so instead of getting games before release date we get them like 2-3 weeks later.
>>
File: 1439310764605.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439310764605.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>The year is 2016
GUYS X AND Y ARE COMING TO CONSOLE/PC. GET FUCKING HYPE!!!!!

>Game releases in 2017
>Literally has 1 year to save up
>Doesn't save up
>Gets butt blasted when they can't pirate the game

Poorfags, explain yourselves. You mean to tell me they begin taking pre-orders for the game with exclusive content and such months before release and you've known about the game for over a year.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU COULD NOT SAVE UP ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE THE SHIT YOU LIKE!?

Poorfags deserve nothing. If you really like the game you do every in your power to obtain it on the same day as everyone else.
>>
>>343309693
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>343291860
didnt mkdev crack doom?? like he almost got it done
>>
>>343293501
I'm 100% sure that denuvo has not been destroyed so far because only shit games use it.
Until a good game comes along that uses it little progress will be made. But I don't think there are going to be any good games for quite a while. does anyone know of any good games coming out in the next year?
>>
>>343309805
>poorfags
>being financially responsible enough to afford their hobbies
They're poor for a reason, they lack self control...
>>
>>343309979
>Just Cause 3
>Doom
>Total War Warhams
>shit games

Really anon?
>>
>>343309979
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes
>>
>>343310293
>Just Cause 3
>not a piece of shit

>garbage optimization
>memory leak, which means the game will run even worse than usual if you have less than 12GB of RAM
>probably the worst controls i've ever experienced
>grappling hook butchered
>gimmick wingsuit with which you are going to smash into the ground constantly since you need to jump from high places to use it
>Watch Dogs-tier driving
>worse gunplay than JC2
>islands so far away you need to put up with the shitty boat mechanics to get from one to another
>went out of their way to hire the worst VA's in existence
>shitty fucking DLCs (airship DLC adds ONE aircraft)
>MP mod development is dead due to Denuvo

It's legitimately one of the worst games of 2015.
>>
>>343310481
See?
This is all the arguments offerend in Denuvo threads.

>HAHA NO CRACK
>I DIDN'T WANT THEM ANYWAY
>FOX AND GRAPES

What's the point of making these threads if it's just virgins repeating themselves over and over again?
It's not even good bait, I mean, people here unironically tried to defend Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age 3.
>>
>>343310293
>just cause 3
literally the same game 3rd time. I really love just cause and I played shitton of just cause 1, but outside newer graphics it's mostly the same game.
>doom
Won't really give my opinion on that one because I haven't played it, but from some gameplay I looked at it looked really bad and not doom like at all.
>total war
literally game for people who are too stupid for gsg
By the way if denuvo is so amazing and pirates fuck up all sales why doesn't every game use it?
>>
>>343310753
t. person who is noticeable angry about the bait thread
>>
>>343311031
Yes, because mods should do their work and outright ban them.
But no, they let them happen, they delete them like 5 hours after they are posted, and they just let /v/ fall deeper and deeper into the ocean of shit it is right now.

The fact that threads like this reach even 50 posts without getting 404'd prove how much of a shithole this place is.
>>
>>343310836
>literally game for people who are too stupid for gsg
Unlike those autistic map painters, the overworld gameplay is just there to provide flavor and context to the true bread and butter of the series; the real time battles.
>>
>>343311164
So get the fuck out you emotionally stunted piece of shit. People post these threads because of people like you. They want the reaction you give them. There is nobody to blame but YOU for these threads.
>>
>>343310293
>post-Shogun 2 Total War games
>Just Cause
Let's stop pretending Just Cause hasn't been always a piece of shit.
People only liked JC2 because they bought it for $1 since it was on sale every weekend and they were surprised when it wasn't a complete turd.
This isn't a game you pay $60 for, not even 20, it's not worth it, and you can see that nobody cared about anything at all when you are playing it.

It's one of the most shallow, generic and personality-less games i've played along with Watch Dogs.
>>
>>343309978
Nobody cracked anything. He is just on this raid for attention whoring.

Little did he know that by the end of this ride people will be pointing fingers at him and laugh behind his back because he couldn't do anything and was full of shit

Morale: think before do
>>
>>343311345
>YOU ARE A EMOTIONALLY STUNTED PIECE OF SHIT BECAUSE YOU WANT SHITPOSTING THREADS TO GET DELETED
Why don't you try to have some legitimate discussion instead of being le epic troll and making this place an even bigger shithole?

>There is nobody to blame but YOU for these threads.

Why don't people like you stop making these threads in the first place?
Or why don't mods just outright ban all OP's with that image?
It's not like anyone worthy is going to get banned.
>>
>>343311345
Not really, it's the mods fault that you all shitpost for not banning you faster and for not finding a way to ban people without them getting rid of the bans so easily.

Don't know the point of getting more and more janitors if nobody is ever here to delete this, and when they do, it's already reached bump limit.
Pathetic.
>>
>>343311343
>mom look I can watch some soldier hitting each other isnt that cool as fuck
Like I said literally for people too slow for real strategy game or too stupid for gsg.
>>
>>343311352
>post-Shogun 2 Total War games

Attila and Warhammer are both fantastic.
>>
>>343298849
Games have

Youtube
Twitch
Game review sites
/v/
Neogaff
Reddit

and a load of other places.
>>
>>343311565
>Why don't you try to have some legitimate discussion instead of being le epic troll and making this place an even bigger shithole?
Because it's fun to mess with emotionally stunted pieces of shit who can't just ignore what they don't like.
>>
>>343311896
Bought both, refunded both.
Didn't see anything special in Attila, and Warhammer was just a cheap attempt at crossover to get some easy sales.
>>
>>343312035
>Because it's fun to mess with emotionally stunted pieces of shit

The fact that you enjoy making people angry just proves you are a emotionally stunted person too.
When you are a kid, in high school, maybe, but no normal grown adult does this.
>>
All the pro pirates makes me wonder when did 4chan become a bunch of socialist faggots?
>>
>>343311827
Just because it's not a gook clicker, doesn't mean the battles don't have anything to offer besides visuals.

>>343312047
Well Attila the best the series has to offer mechanically. The setting is less interesting though. Warhammer goes well beyond cheap crossover. It's a quality game.
>>
>>343312328
Piracy has zero negative effects for the consumers, are you a shitty indie dev making unique 2d platformers by any chance?
>>
>>343312328
Why would I want to support the industry in it's current state?
>>
>>343312328
>DLCs
>unfinished games
>bugs that don't get fixed
>DLCs announced before the game is even close to launch
>political agendas being forced into these games

Letting the industry crash, burn and be reborn is the only way to save gaming.
EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom...
They all have to go bankrupt and die.
>>
>>343312638
There is literally nothing wrong with dlc. It's all about execution.
>>
>>343312180
The fact that you can't just ignore what you don't like proves you're just as immature.
>>
>>343312758
There's nothing wrong with DLCs such as Blood and Wine.
Problem is 99% of DLCs are borderline scam.
Not to mention microtransactions in $60 games.
>>
>>343312771
No, I can, thing is, I came here to wonder why people do it.
All I got is
>IS FUN MAKING PEOPLE ANGRY

What kind of manchild does this.
>>
>>343312951
I responded with the fox and the grapes because you called Doom shit. Then you went on a rant like some psuedo intellectual trying to sound smart. You're the manchild here.
>>
File: NICE.png (76 KB, 297x256) Image search: [Google]
NICE.png
76 KB, 297x256
>>343291860
If I pirated a game and end up really liking it, I'll buy it afterwards. Did that for Guacamelee, Transistor, Nuclear Throne, and Civ 5.
>>
>>343313236
I'm not that guy, my first reply to you was
>>343310753
>>
>>343313239
This.
I like buying games to ''secure'' them in my Steam account, so if I want to play them in the future, I don't have to start scavenging 5 year old torrents with no seeders for the 11th patch of the game.
>>
>>343313268
Well get the fuck out and stop treating 4chan like it's some forum for serious discussions. It was never that.
>>
>>343291860
I'm more worried about it killing mods more than anything else
>>
>>343313435
/v/ wasn't a shithole made for cheap bait and le epic trolling either.
There's /b/ for that, and you should get the message when mods delete these threads.
>>
>>343313390
Denuvo main argument is to secure day 1 sales at full price.
For me main argument for no denuvo is piracy increases the fanbase of the game which livens up everything related to the game, forum threads, sfm porn, mods etc. More peopel talk about it leads to more people buying and pirating it which leads to more people talking and so on and on.
>>
>>343293201
All packed/protected applications unpack when run and are stored in the memory.
>>
i've never regretted purchasing a game I pirated, played for a couple hours then bought. I have regretted a lot of games I bought because of trailers or gameplay videos though. I don't even watch trailers anymore

unfortunately you have all these fucks running around pirating everything and buying nothing. if the games at least released good demos then I wouldnt give a shit if piracy was gone
>>
>>343313728
Except not true. Play it at a friends day one, and decide if I buy or don't.
You can't argue it makes secure day one sales so long as being able to share in some way exists and people can try before they buy.

Suger pill, thats all this is.
>>
>>343314596
- and the only losers are devs who buy into it and legit customers who help foot that bill.
>>
File: 1384681013973.gif (521 KB, 386x217) Image search: [Google]
1384681013973.gif
521 KB, 386x217
tiggers nongue ay mnus
>>
>>343291860
Incorrect. Piracy doesn't have that purpose, that's simply a beneficial side effect.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.