[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've got some extra money /v/ and I'm looking for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 10361-49318-thickbox.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10361-49318-thickbox.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
So I've got some extra money /v/ and I'm looking for a new Vita game. Should I get Cyber Sleuth or Trails of Cold Steel? I really liked TitS and I haven't touched anything digimon in about 15 years but they both seem really good.
>>
They're both good.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice.
>>
>>343288906
Which one is longer? I could go for a lengthy story
>>
>>343289054
Cold Steel has a longer plot, but Cyber Slut has more grinding because of the evolution/devolution mechanics.
>>
Both good games, me though I would pick Digimon over Trails because I'm a child, own both though and great games
>>
>>343288823
With a guide, Trails of Cold Steel is fantastic. Without it, it's brutally punishing. Cyber Sleuth blows, but for $20-$25 it's worth it...not the $59.99 I spent.
>>
>>343289681
Is the guide that necessary? I kinda like to figure out things for myself so I can't see the "punishment" being too bad.
>>
>>343289876
You can increase the difficulty when moving to NG+.
Do a blind run first time then use a guide for 100% the second time.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (214 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
214 KB, 800x475
>>343290057
Are they both that equally good? I seriously cannot decide.
>>
>>343289876
Absolutely. Your overall rank is the most important thing for the carry over data going into the second game. In order to get a perfect score/a decent score, you have to follow a guide that reveals each chapters secrets. It's actually much worse than that. Missions will tell you to go to a certain area, but there is an existing sub-quest chain that's everywhere except where you have to go. Going to the event area wipes out sub-quest progress and damages your score. You cannot go back to areas (even in post-game) and even story progression will hide certain items.

>>343291479
>both that equally good?
Not even remotely. Digimon is garbage. The translation looks like a spell-checked machine translation. Japanese mythology, Japanese food, Japanese everything is mentioned casually, as if we are supposed to know what the hell it is. You'll end up doing dozens of fetch quests. The only consolation is that the developers are lazy as all hell, so the locations are the exact same for some missions.
>>
>>343292193
There isn't dating in either of them....right?
>>
Cyber Sleuth has hard mode which makes some boss fights at the end pritty gud. Story really picks up towards middle. Going in with expectations of "a baby game" will blow your mind cause its teenage in its themes. Great game, would recommend.
>>
File: 2016-06-28-021628.jpg (128 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-28-021628.jpg
128 KB, 960x544
>>343289876
>Is the guide that necessary?

Not really... but you'll be missing tons of hidden sidequests and stupid red books which are needed to exchange for material to craft the strongest weapon at endgame...
>>
>>343294618
How's the replayability? Because I wouldn't mind using the guide for my second play through if it's fun to replay.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.