[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of empires 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
On maps that have lots of water I do fine, I pick koreans and usually win. On all other maps I get my ass handed to me, usually. How do I get gud at this game? Also general discussion.
>>
>>343288763
i play one as teutons and make a farming empire and stack teutonic knights
then i get a couple of groups of 40, put them on passive mode and walk them into an enemies town center
then i make them aggressive and slice it up
we was kangz n sheit
>>
500 war elephants
>>
>>343288763

Chu-Ko-Nus. Millions of the fuckers.

>Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
>>
>Saladin, where are you going with that great army?
>>
File: 1456145815229.jpg (17 KB, 359x360) Image search: [Google]
1456145815229.jpg
17 KB, 359x360
>>343288763
>go Chinese/Mongols/Britons
>spam build special units until full squad
>have them all at 'Stand Ground'
>build 10-15 Priests
>build 10 Trebuchets
>constant spam of arrows
>units hardly ever die because of so many priests
>Trebuchets destroy all buildings that can be a threat

then just sit back and watch as your enemies get completely annihilated because this tactic actually works
>>
>>343292024
mangonels would fuck your shit up
>>
>>343288763
multiplayer or solo
>>
File: 1414980078531.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1414980078531.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>343292348
I repeat, this works everytime. It's even more powerful when you make 2-3 squads of this shit

I've wrecked people's shit online by doing this, and there's nothing they can do about it
>>
>>343288763
>On maps that have lots of water I do fine
>On all other maps I get my ass handed to me
Are you me?

I like Celts on water maps. The wood gathering bonus is especially great for Galeon rushing.
>>
>>343288763
>play online

>everyone has it down to an exact fucking science and leaves me in the dust by all doing the same exact shit at the beginning of the game, and stay neck and neck with each other

Why the fuck do faggots with no life have to ruin games by figuring out one specific trucking OP formula and forcing everyone else to do the same shit

>hurr get good

no, im not playing video games that much, and anyone who does must be a third world brazilian shitskin fucktard who should kill himself
>>
>>343292583

Actual games against competent opponents never last long enough for you to do this. You would probably die in the feudal age.
>>
>>343292583
Or get raided by Huns in Castle Age non-stop, which is annoying as hell if you're not ready for it.
>>
>>343292804
I unironically believe that there should be a casual option for online strategy games.
>>
>>343293518
no shit

>play with IRL friend

>we stay absolutely neck and neck for 3 hours, finally send out our armies at the exact moment by sheer coincidence, with both armies completely destroying literally every soldier in a total stalemate, leaving nothing left for us to fight with, but with both our towns perfectly in tact

>he resigns

>play online

>like i said, everyone leaves me in the dust

>play dozens of matches and cant even get near other players scores until i watch a youtube video explaining how to perfectly optimize efficiency at the beginning of the game, which is fucking tedious and not fun and defeats the point of playing the game
>>
>>343293824
>>343292804
>Defeats the point of the game
>This is what scrubs belive

The point of the game is to win by defeating your enemy, you got your ass handed because you re shit at the game and you cry about it instead of gitting gud. Go play assfaggots if you can't accept the fact that youre shit and need teammates to put the blame on instead, and only one unit to control to make things easy for you.
>>
>choosing civs
>not all random
Wat.
>>
>>343294197
That's nice when a game is brand new. When a game is older than the average /v/ poster you are up against serious hobbyists who do basic econ and scouting on reflex, and learning how to match them is going to be boring, grueling work. I like to think I was good at 2, since I was on the winning side more often than not, but endless 'econ-feudal timer-barracks-stables-rush/counterrush-econ-castle timer-gold miner harras-knights-more knights' got old very fast.
>>
>>343295263
If you don't enjoy gitting gud at something then you shouldn't bother with it, but other people do enjoy the process.

It's okay to not be into these things, but another thing is to not be into these things and start screaming that everyone who is part of it is a faggot, which is what happens more often
>>
>>343295263
I dont see how much more exciting is playing simcity.
>>
>>343288763
Alright. Im seeing a lot of late game tactics on this thread which is all well and good but what you want to do is get really good.

Look at fast castle videos on YouTube to learn specific build orders. Once you can get fast enough always be the first to attack but you should specialize this attack. If your going to raid with just archers as soon as you hit castle, increase wood production for example.

Also look at other strategies like the fast tower and practice on AI until you know the build.
>>
>>343293824
But once you git gud it feels fucking awesome to annihilate people.
>>
>>343295684
I'm not that poster, though I agree with him somewhat. Speaking of faggots, though,
>>343295878
So you're that mong that frequents RTS threads and insists that anyone who doesn't like fellating the power curve just wants to sit in their corner of the map and play Caesar II. Could you get a trip so I can filter you out?
>>343296332
Only until you grow out of your early teens, or some to terms with your tiny penis. After that a game that ends in curbstomping feels just like wasted twenty minutes.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.