[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Metroid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Metroid Prime boxart.jpg (26 KB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime boxart.jpg
26 KB, 250x348
How do we fix Metroid?
>>
Retcon the zero suit.
>>
>>343283149
By making it.
>>
Just make Metroid Prime 4.
>>
File: 1416009710830.jpg (157 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1416009710830.jpg
157 KB, 707x1000
>>
File: Samus7.jpg (433 KB, 782x1080) Image search: [Google]
Samus7.jpg
433 KB, 782x1080
Add sweat effects and make the Zero Suit available for all parts of the game.
>>
>>343283149
You can't.

Other M was a spectacular backfire and proved that the setting, characters and story are worthless. Only the gameplay matters and it turns out you don't need to put up with Nintendo's bullshit to get that.

Samus is obsolete.
>>
make it a 2d game again
>>
Let it die in peace.
>>
>>343286000
>make the Zero Suit available for all parts of the game.
if they're going to pander then they should go all the way and make losing the armor an actual mechanic
>>
>>343283149
Where can the storyline even go from where it had been left at the end of Fusion? Samus, still stuck in the Fusion Suit is a fugitive from the Galactic Federation with Adam Malkovich's consciousness taken from the the computer on board the space station she blew up.

The events of Other M further fucked the storyline and has Samus mistrusting the GF even earlier but still teaming up with them at a later point, dissolving any tension entirely.

They probably need to reboot the franchise like Doom did by making a game simply called "Metroid" and being a 2.5D classic Metroidvania with flashier graphics and higher resolution. As for Samus, just take the archetype of the early games: the silent hunter, alone with the enemy.

She doesn't need to have an AI buddy or constant voice in her ear, just a scan function like the Prime games to learn lore and backstory through the environment.The story can be simply that Space Pirates have invaded some planet and it's up to our heroine Samus to stop them, with cool abilities gained along the way. Change things up in a sequel when you've proven that people would buy a new, good Metroid game.
>>
1.Sell the rights to PlayStation
And there we go
>>
You don't. Shit's dead.
>>
>>343289569
Why should anyone bother to buy the Metroid rights when they could just make a new IP with a similar setting and gameplay?
>>
>>343283149
You give the franchise to me.
>>
Remake Metroid II: Return of Samus
>>
>>343283149
Make a game of it. One that doesn't have Samus with a stupid as shit personality. That's it.

Metroid is still a gold mine. Pulled off correctly, a 2D game on a handheld would sell pretty well both in Japan and the west, and a 3D game like Prime would be massive in the west.
>>
delete halo
>>
>>343283149
Just make a 3ds game in the style of the 2d games
>>343283719
fuck off those games were never good
>>
>>343291227
>Prime wasn't good
You're not even trying.
>>
>>343291365
It's been a long time since i've played it but I remember it being a shit mess
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.