[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your life would be objectively better if you never discovered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1462736795696.jpg (402 KB, 1009x740) Image search: [Google]
1462736795696.jpg
402 KB, 1009x740
Your life would be objectively better if you never discovered vidya. How does that make you feel?
>>
I'd probably just find another retarded hobby to fill the empty void that is my life.
>>
>>343280161
Would it? I learned english and made lots of friends thanks to vidya.
Would I really have dedicated my time to a more productive thing if I never discovered them? For all I know, I am still alive, who can tell what would have happened if something slightly different happened? Maybe I would have died in a car crash. Maybe not.
Surely, I regret the time spend shitposting on the Internet more than the time spent on vidya.
>>
...I doubt it. Legitimately glad I enjoy games. Don't even want to ponder the alternatives.
>>
It would not have.
>>
>>343280161
My life would be objectively better if I didn't have a betacuck father tbqh
>>
File: Spyro.png (83 KB, 221x195) Image search: [Google]
Spyro.png
83 KB, 221x195
>>343280161
No it wouldn't, I would probably be dead. I used games for escapism when I was a depressed kid and they were the only thing keeping me going on a daily basis. Coincidental to OP's pic, I played a fuck ton of Spyro games. Escapism is totally healthy when you're a child that doesn't know how to deal with life issues and suicidal tendencies, fuck what that blonde boy says.
Also, vidya has given me a lot of passion, creativity, and is (obviously) a big hobby of mine. Don't know what kind of boring piece of shit I'd be without it, at least with vidya I've made some great friends and fond memories.
>>
>>343280161
I don't think so, I think I'd have killed myself long ago if I didn't have video games in my life. Finding new games to play and looking forward to the ones coming out are what have kept me out of perpetual depression.
>>
>>343280161
For certain I would have been either a drunkard or already dead by suicide
>>
Honestly would have just killed myself has I not had vidya to keep me sane.
>>
if it weren't for vidya i'd either find a different dumb hobby or be dead.
>>
you're wrong.
>>
I would have masturbated even more.

So maybe you're right.
>>
If you have an escapist, addictive, whimsical personality you're probably better off being addicted to MMOs than something like booze or drugs. Not that being addicted to vidya is a good thing.
>>
>>343280161
Probably not since my life is fucked for completely unrelated reasons. Video games just dull the pain.
>>
i would have just discovered another vice. video games is probably the best i could have hoped for.
>>
My life would be better if the government made sure I could masturbate and shitpost all day
>>
>>343280161
Speak for yourself. Life is much easier with vidya in it.
>>
>>343280161
I'd be watching anime
instead i'm playing anime games

My life would be better if I never discovered anime
>>
>>343280161
better life meaning watching netflix for 20h/week instead of playing? no thanks. remember, sitting in front of your tv doing nothing is acceptable, interacting isn't.
>>
>>343282710
everyone's life would be better if anime wouldn't exist. modern anime that is
>>
>>343281762
I agree with this. As addictions go, games aren't that bad. I was certainly better off when I was addicted to games than I am now, where I'm severely depressed, have lost most of my interest in games, and have instead developed a compulsive eating habit that's fucked up my teeth and made me gain weight.

I was always going to be addicted to something, and games were much less harmful.
>>
>>343283265
Horseshit, fatty, why not get addicted to excercise then?
That shit gives you a dopamine rush too you know.
ITS JUST SOO HAAARD WAAAAAAH LEMME EAT THIS BURGER TO TAKE THE BAD THOUGHTS AWAY
>>
>>343283630
Added bonus is that you can still eat a ton but atleast be strong as a brick shithouse and look relatvely in shape
>>
>>343280161
questionable

my childhood was spent in government housing, in the kind of place where drugs were common place

video games kept me out of that environment
>>
>>343283630
I was into exercise when I was into games and not depressed. Then I got depressed. Exercise never made me feel good, because I've got this weird condition where instead of sweating, I get a rash. I only ever did it to look good, and I stopped caring about looking good when the depression hit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.