[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Forest thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: theforest.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
theforest.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
Anyone here played the forest? I haven't in a while, have they fixed it up and made it better yet?
>>
it's fun game but there is not much to do at this moment.
>>
I like it, but monster spawns are too frequent. They should be padded more out, made a rarer thing.
>>
File: 20160627204718_1.jpg (347 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160627204718_1.jpg
347 KB, 1440x900
Got it on sale and having fun hanging locals upside down
>>
>>343278583
That looks cool enough to justify a reinstall.
>>
>>343277527
The forest is fun for a few hours then--like literally every survival game ever--everything feels pointless because you can survive day after day with no challenge.
>>
>>343277527
Needs more challenge. My suggestions are to add hostile animals, like wolves and such. Dial back farming so that it takes a very long time, but with a large payoff. Fish migrate around. Have tribals still your food. Have food poisoning and insanity actually matter.
>>
>>343281009
>My suggestions are to add hostile animals
How what the be different than just mutants? IIRC this game has crocodiles and sharks. The crocs don't really add anything other than another animal head trophy to collect.

Besides, how would the cannibals interact with hostile animals? Kill them all off, right? After all, once they find out you(the player) is a threat, they send more people to kill you. Wouldn't they do the same for hostile animals?
>>
>falling for the sandbox survival meme
>>
So, this or Ark?
>>
>>343282628
neither desu

If you have crippling levels of autism, you might enjoy ark, but do your research first

the forest has a couple of cool gimmicks but no real content
>>
>>343283084
Thanks
>>
>>343282628
The forest is very fun, but like most survival games, it gets boring after 4-5 hours.

Haven't played Ark but it doesn't looks like it's as "survival" focused as Rust is, which isn't that interesting imo
>>
>>343283356
to elaborate, I own and actually kind of enjoy the forest, I've reinstalled it a few times, and I still only have a few hours in it. It's been years of "early access" and practically no content has been added (the usual)

Ark has a shit ton of content but it's extremely grind heavy in some pretty bad ways, like dinosaur taming taking literally 20+ hours for the big dinosaurs intended to be owned by large tribes (guilds). The fact that you're supposed to work with other people to keep a dinosaur knocked out for 20 hours doesn't change the fact that you're taking shifts to put raw meat and tranquilizers in a dinosaur's body for hours on end. Really really bad stuff. You can play on custom servers with things like tame and gather rates cranked up, but then it quickly becomes apparent that there's nothing to do once you don't have an insane grind occupying you.

Then there are issues with PvP where huge tribes steamroll entire servers and keep all of the resources people would need to challenge them on total lockdown, since they spawn in predictable places. PvE servers exist, but there's absolutely nothing to do on them except grind.
>>
>>343282628
Rust.
>>
>>343283387
Ark has survival elements that mostly just get in the way. You can just rip apart some bushes with your bare hands and get enough berries to survive, but when you're grinding for the insane amounts of building/crafting materials the game requires then it gets old fast.
>>
>>343277527
I enjoy it a lot. Looking around the caves is really fun and scary.

It's really easy though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.