[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started Final Fantasy 8 last night because I heard it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 22
File: final_fantasy_8_hw_rinoa_place.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_8_hw_rinoa_place.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
I started Final Fantasy 8 last night because I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series, but it was pretty disappointing so far, even worse than Final Fantasy 13 early levels
When it's becomes good?
>>
>>343277339
>when it is becomes good

Hahahaha, you fucking retard.
>>
>>343277339
when you acquire good taste kid.
>>
Just kill yourself with a sledgehammer
>>
>>343277339
>I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series
It's my favorite, but I would never say that. You fell for some bait. But if you are still on Disc 1 you will get to some of the best parts of the game. If you are past those, you will never like it.
>>
File: nogf.jpg (126 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
nogf.jpg
126 KB, 633x758
>>343277339
FF8 is like a fine wine. Plebs can never truly appreciate it.
>>
>>343277339
from fucking who faggot
>>
File: 1450612073271.png (3 MB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1450612073271.png
3 MB, 1280x1920
>>
Who the fucking told you it was the best in the series? It's not even the best of the PS1 final Fantasy games. You can legit just break the game by just never fighting since monsters scale with your level. It never gets good because your forced into worst girl

I'm no expert on final Fantasy rankings, but I'd say the top ones people say are Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 9.

If your talking non numbered entries to the series, ff tactics and type-0 are also top notch
>>
File: thumbnail_8173737011263743951.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_8173737011263743951.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
You got a license to sell HOT DOGS, chico man?
>>
>>343277625
>type-0
>top notch
>>
>>343277551
Deepest lore.
>>
>>343277625
>>343277548
>>343277445
You can't make a best FF because it'll always inevitably end up as a deeply personal list
>>
>>343277339

It's the only PS1 era Final Fantasy that I don't like. I loved FF1 on the NES, 2 and 3 on the SNES, 7 and 9 on the PS1. FFXI was good for an MMO, too. Never played FFXIV. The rest can fuck themselves.
>>
>>343277339
When you learn how to play it.
Who drawfag, mirror, unlimited ultimate here?
>>
>>343277867
Squall is one of the shittiest main characters to exist, evar. His last name is Leonhart, meaning "Lion Heart," meaning "fucking furfag." The player is supposed to think he's an cool, enigmatic hero, but he just comes off as a whiny bitch. At least 100 lines of his dialogue consists of an ellipsis; Sometimes two if he's feeling especially Jewish. Squall is basically Cloud from Final Fantasy 9000 (in which Aeris dies), but with brown hair and a scar on his face from being a total pussy. The reason he has this is because he sucks with his "gunblade" in one of the intro FMV's and gets cut in the face by a baby-eating superhero named Seifer. Of course, every woman loves a guy who loses a fight so this azn whore named Rinoa gets fucking wet every time she's around Squall, making the 13-year-old player masturbate every time she makes the slightest pass at him.
>>
FF VIII has a fantastic first disc, and amazing atmosphere throughout. Sadly, the Junction system falls flat because it can be exploited so easily, and the whole ability system is jsut uninspired.

The story becomes really convoluted in the later game, to the extent that there are fucking essays explaining the game and some wonky theories.
>>
In Final Fantasy VIII, enemy levels are determined by your party's average level. It doesn't take a degree in rocket science to figure out that if you run from every battle and never level up, then the enemies are ridiculously easy throughout all four discs. Oh, and if you kill everyone in your party except for Squall, then those dead party members remain at Level 1 and automatically keep your average level down, so as Squall levels up the monsters' levels are anchored down by your dead party members, basically allowing Squall to become obscenely powerful in comparison to them. And if that doesn't make the game easy enough for you, then how about this: although one normally needs to be at low health in order to access this total game-breaker of an attack called a Limit Break (which allow a character to do over 9,000 damage over 9,000 times within a single turn at no cost to anything in your inventory except for Irvine's ammo), when only one party member is alive the game will let you perform Limit Breaks even at full health -- the same effect as one of the game's most useful spells (Aura) without actually casting it. So you are basically battling monsters that are one-third your level while using the most powerful attacks in the game that were originally intended as a crutch for RPG-n00bs who can't win boss fights without them because they are too stupid to make effective use of the Junction System. Oh, and if you sit down and do nothing but play cards for the first 25 hours of the game, all the while reset-spamming your PlayStation to prevent any and all card losses from every occurring, then you can obtain the endgame weapon on Disc 1, which opens up the most powerful Limit Break in the game, rendering the whole experience of playing Final Fantasy VIII essentially one of walking the globe in total God-mode, taking out low-level forest creatures with the Death Star.
tl;dr - The game punishes trying and rewards laziness.
>>
>>343278018
Whatever.
>>
>>343277339
>FF8 The best FF

Who told you that garbage?
>>
I just finished X and I can safely say that I prefer VIII.

X is a steaming pile of shit with one big redeeming factor: a likable, non-cliche female lead

Bad:
Terrible pacing
Inferior mini-game
Cutscenes galore
Seymour fucking sucks
Encounters every 3 seconds
No overworld (which isn't a bad thing by itself, but I felt restricted by X through most of the game)
Retardedly easy boss fights
Summons ruin game balance
Inconsistent soundtrack, generally underwhelming
Tidus' dialogue

VIII has a lot of issues as well, but I had more fun playing it
>>
>>343278018

If you want to talk so much, why don't you go talk to a wall?
>>
My favourite but not the best.
Never understood the hate this game have. But comparing it to FF13 is a nice bait.
>>
4 > 6 > 7 > 5 > 8 > 12 > 9 > 10

Never played the first 3 or 13
>>
>>343278187

But that kickass bevelle assault cutscene though.
>>
File: 1280017815914.gif (3 MB, 347x341) Image search: [Google]
1280017815914.gif
3 MB, 347x341
>>
>>343278678
It's got some nice cutscenes. But I wasn't impressed because I didn't see them when the game was new. I mean in 2016 they don't look all that special.

I think that may be why I disliked the game more than I should've
>>
>>343278394
Sorry to ask you anon and I hate to be that guy, but could you tell me which is the best version for 4,6 and 8? Seems like for all of them there is no "perfect" version.
>>
>>343278946
Meant to write 4,5 and 6. Damn it.
>>
File: 1459534088704.jpg (15 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
1459534088704.jpg
15 KB, 237x300
>>343278725
those small lump jiggle
>>
>>343278946
i've only played 4, 5, 6 on snes. use an emulator.

i mean the phone remakes are shit.

handheld not sure
>>
>>343278994
for 4 it's either the 3ds for the graphics and the upped difficulty or the psp for everything else.

for 5 gba with ost patch

for 6 gba with ost patch
>>
>>343279154
>3ds
i meant DS
>>
>>343279050
>>343278946

Played both 5 and 6 on snes and GBA. While the SNES versions feel better, the GBA versions have extra stuff like conversation portraits, extra items, extra classes and an optional dungeon. Would recomment the GBA versions over the SNES.
>>
>>343277339
When you play triple triad more than the main game itself.
>>
It's comfy as fuck, but gameplay wise pretty shit
>>
>>343277339
You got meme'd on hard.
>>
>>343277339
Just keep playing it until you hit Ultimecia castle.

Then start a new save and lose all those hours because you were playing the game wrong i.e. the way the game was telling you how to play.
>>
I feel that 8's a really good game with 2 major issues:

a terrible protagonist
and
terrible balance

great music
great graphics for its time
nice setting
nice character designs (the witches in particular)

Every subsequent non MMO FF after 8 is reductive. 9 has its charms but it's definitely a smaller game. 10 is the start of the tunnel dungeon/choose your destination from a list design

i'd argue that 8 is the last FF that tries to be grand (until 15, that is)
>>
So since this is a FF thread, this came out https://youtu.be/0r5_xwF-nm4
Anyone played it in japanese already?
>>
>>343279254
>>343279154
Thanks guys!
>>
viii is unironically my favorite FF and one of my favorites of all time
>>
>>343277339
>it's another FF VIII is shit thread
>do I belong yet u guis?
>>
VIII was a great game that was never finished

X was a great game ruined by poor voice acting and character design

VII was the greatest game with shitty graphics
>>
File: 1463633631387.gif (2 MB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1463633631387.gif
2 MB, 300x240
>>343277339
Its not the best FF in terms of objective gameplay, but if you think its worse than 13 you can fuck right off.
>>
>>343277671

No... because when i was filling the HOT DOGS rank exam, my GF was sticking out.
>>
>>343277551
That's deep.
>>
>>343278024
It's not convoluted at all, it just requires above average retention. Cid essentially spoils the entire game early on disc 2, and constantly feeds you information that you will only understand once you see the scene at the very end of the game with Edea in the past. The story was fully explained, but very few people actually understand it and resort to memes that are inaccurate.

Plot wise, it's as misunderstood as MGS2.
>>
>>343277551
The problem with the orphanage thing isn't that they forgot, it's that it is incredibly convenient that everyone in your party came from the same orphanage and it has NO bearing on the plot at all aside from retroactively remembering Edea isn't evil.

That could have easily had all of them but 2 come from wherever the fuck, like Rinoa, and still be able to run the same plot point without it being so retarded
>>
File: Fire Cavern.gif (429 KB, 480x224) Image search: [Google]
Fire Cavern.gif
429 KB, 480x224
>>343277339
>because I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series
Who the fuck told you that? I mean it's got the best soundtrack in the series for sure but who tells people lies like that?
>>
File: Dollet Fountain.gif (210 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Dollet Fountain.gif
210 KB, 480x320
>>343279819
Squall is perfectly fine as a protagonist. It's the retarded story that is the issue.
>>
>>343282609
Wrong, wrong and wrong. Squall, Quistis, Zell, Selphie and Irvine don't end up together by chance. At the end of the game, it's revealed that Squall is the one responsible for the paradox, having told Edea about SeeD, Garden and Ultimecia. She recognizes Squall as the child at her orphanage and then trains all of them in the art of para-magic.

They're reunited because Cid knows that Squall is the key to saving the future, and takes no chances, thus has them all "conveniently" end up in the same unit. Zell is immediately assigned to Squall's unit, Selphie is transferred from Trabia, Quistis is booted as a SeeD instructor and Irvine becomes the designated sniper on Cid's request.

Have you tried actually paying attention? Better yet, have you actually tried playing the game and not basing your opinion on a retarded e-celeb who even if he had ten times the brain power he has now, he would still not be able to comprehend FF8?
>>
File: Irvine nerves.png (1 MB, 770x1172) Image search: [Google]
Irvine nerves.png
1 MB, 770x1172
>>343282609
>and it has NO bearing on the plot at all aside from retroactively remembering Edea isn't evil.
Not exactly. But the problem with the orphanage was always that Irvine never mentioned it.
>>
>>343278078
>The game punishes trying and rewards laziness.
And yet everything you described takes dedicated effort to set up and acquire whereas if you were truly lazy you just wouldn't bother and play the game as it was intended.
>>
One thing that would make the story flow better by miles would be to make Squall voice his thought on Rinoa herself more. I recently replayed the game and I antagonized her actively at every step of the way. As soon as Disc 2 ended, my Squall went from "fucking hell this bitch is the proverbial spanner in the works at every step of the way" to "YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, RINOA I LOVE YOU"

I do understand it, because he's a loner and legit can't process this new shit. Remember he's a 17 year old raised from childhood to straight-up murder professional soldiers as a spec-ops agent. I'd be surprised if he even knows how to jerk off. Suddenly after Rinoa goes into a coma, everything just flows out and he reacts as you'd expect him to.. badly and hysterically, to the point of going "Fuck this planet, I need to try SPACE"

But either way, it would've flowed a lot better. You need to tell the audience this because you're not the character, you don't know everything that goes through their minds, only what the writing allows you to know.
>>
>>343283429
Squall is triggered by the fact that he might lose Rinoa, just like he lost Ellone. He can't handle another loss like that, thus goes on an ebin journey to prevent it. Rinoa's only purpose is to serve as this connection. The actual romance was an afterthought.
>>
>>343282872
If you're talking about some youtube shit, I don't watch other people play video games.

WHY are all of the kids from the orphanage important? Why is anyone from there important aside from Quistis, Squall, and Ellone?

What stops you from getting other people in your party who aren't mostly worthless to the story outside one contrived plot point? How did Cid know everyone would stay on the straight-and-narrow and just happen to fall into his plan to unite them 10 years later? More people could have fucked out of the whole soldier thing, or go off and do their own thing like Seifer.
>>
>>343283621
I don't think it was an afterthought. It has too many parallels with Laguna and Rinoa's momw, who could never properly get it on.
>>
>>343283621
Yup, I know and you're right. It's just that until he loses his shit at the end of Disc 2, you don't really see him give even a small amount of fucks about her or the connection at all. Almost every time she's in trouble he fucking facepalms, he's always portrayed as a glorified babysitter.
>>
>>343283667
Because they're all stuck in a time loop. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>343277339
I dropped that shit after the first disc
don't go as far as I did, OP.

It doesn't deserve to have such an addicting card game. ;_;
>>
File: 798[2].png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798[2].png
306 KB, 593x540
>>343277339
>I started Final Fantasy 8 last night because I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series,
>>
>>343277339
I feel like I would enjoy this game better if drawing and stocking magic wasn't tedious as all hell.

I'm glad I can at least refine magic from cards and items at least. But fuck the developer who thought it was a good idea to make drawing magic in battle so damn slow and boring.
>>
>>343283796
I understand the time loop, and the prophecy, but it appears that most of them just don't need to fucking be there. Quistis because of her big sister thing and teacher to Squall-- Ellone for her plot significance, Seifer for the foil to the hero. Done.
>>
File: hint.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
hint.png
2 MB, 1280x960
>>343283667
Because Cid and Edea only know that Squall came from the future, having defeated the sorceress thanks to SeeD and Garden, founded by the two of them in the future. They would take no chances, making sure all of the remaining kids at the orphanage would be part of the group that would take on Ultimecia. Seifer was also one of them, but he turned out to be a clusterfuck and was omitted from the team.

Why do you think Squall was made the leader of SeeD? If you replay the game, you'll see that Cid constantly hints at Squall's importance.
>>
>>343283429
Have you tried investing your life and fanboying an artwork that isn't fucking shit and filled with plot holes?
>>
>>343278394
4 > 8 > 9 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2 > X-2

only ones i played
>>
>>343284603
I'll bite. Why would you play X-2 without playing 10?
>>
>>343278725
Rhinoa best girl
>>
>>343284136
>Isn't fucking shit
Personal opinion
>Filled with plot holes
I don't think there's any work of fiction that is 100% plothole free
>>
>>343277339
>I started Final Fantasy 8 last night because I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series

you fell for their bait
>>
>>343277339
It's not the best in the series, no one fucking says that, but if you think it's worse than 13 you have brain damage.
>>
File: final fantasy ix characters.jpg (121 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy ix characters.jpg
121 KB, 800x600
>>343277339
>I started Final Fantasy 8 last night because I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series

From who? It's almost universally agreed to be one of the worst in the series and it only gets worse after the first disc. Hell it's not even the best of the Playstation Final Fantasies. You want a good PS1 FF you play IX or Tactics. As overrated as VII is it's still at least decent, which is more than I can say for the clusterfuck of shit that is VIII. Maybe it's the best if you're teen girl/faggot who loves sappy romance and high school melodrama.

>>343278187
Literally all of what you listed was in VIII besides the lack of overworld. The fucking combat was designed around summons too, unlike X where only one character could use summons. I can agree that X wasn't very good and is mostly carried by nostalgia but VIII isn't any better.
>>
>>343284834
no real reason, friend had it and borrowed me his ps 2 and it came with it among other games, didnt have ff x
>>
>>343279819
Except Squall is the best character by a country mile. Better than "TRAINS XD" Selphie and "Totally radicool duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!" Zell at the very least. And fuck that annoying manchild Laguna, literally proto-Snow yet he gets away with it somehow.
>>
>>343285960
hey ! actually someone is right for once

ff 8 is my favorite because of the romance bullshit, but it made me score so i didnt give a fuck, unlike all the virgin neckbeards

jesus christ the annon is right for once
>>
>>343286326
That's the first time I've ever heard of video games (especially JRPGs) ever helping anyone get laid, but congrats anyway anon.
>>
>>343286326
Playing doctor with your uncle doesn't count as "scoring".
>>
>>343285960
Even though I adore FF9 and class it my favourite FF, I can recognize when it's nowhere near perfect. It suffers a lot from having the majority of the cast be essentially walking mcguffins at best to completely pointless at worst.

The entire game could be Zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet with the other characters as NPCs who join you during a particular segment and the story would be completely unchanged. Freya's story is completely discarded after Cleyra and is only important because of the Burmecian invasion (two events that happen in quick succession). Eiko is only used to introduce Garnet to Alexander while Quina is only there to help the party find the entrance to a fucking mine in a swamp. Amarant is utterly pointless.

Steiner is actually Freya-tier but he's needed for a complete party and serves as a good counterbalance to Zidane while fulfilling the role of brute strength guy in the typical party. Otherwise he gets very little backstory, BUT we do see him evolve throughout the game.
>>
>>343277551
>>343282872
>>343283796
>>343284127
oh FUCK. should i replay the game again?
>>
>>343286747
No. If you hated it when you first played it, I doubt a replay will make you like it more.

It's like how people tell me to replay MGS2 because I didn't "get" it. Hell no, it was a bad experience (not to mention MGS4 rectons a lot of MGS2 so it's not worth replaying in the grand scheme of things)
>>
>>343286527
the game just gave a push to stop being a insufferable cunt all the time and go talk to some fucking girls for once, and in like 3 months it fucking worked

go out kids
>>
Rinoa a shit
A SHIT
>>
>>343286239

>zell
>shit

It's not like he single handedly (heh) staged a prison riot and escape while everyone else was just moping around because they either didn't have their weapons or couldn't cast spells.

It's not like he's the most knowledgeable of all the characters in the cast, even if he's a bit dense.

It's not like he was the inspiration for the tactic squall applied during the galbadia garden attack that gave the victory to balamb garden.

It's not like he's the only one out of all of the orphans who actually got adopted.
>>
>>343286708
Yeah and that plot twist where Zidane is a saiyan sent to conquer Earth/Terra/Gaia was head-slappingly stupid too. I still prefer it over VIII though.

>hey guys turns out we were all from the same orphanage except that one guy lol
>>
>>343286890
i didn't hate it. i just didn't understand it. it was my FF game and i was in middle school at the time.
>>
>>343286631
where i live girls drop their pants by age 13

a perk being a slav i guess

cheers
>>
>>343287081
It's not like he's the one who blurted out the location of their headquarters to the enemy.

>most knowledgeable of the cast

At what? How to suck hot dogs?
>>
>>343277339
FF8 is the black sheep over the post-FF7 games. The game play, leveling system, magic system, etc. are all drastically different from other installments. Therefore, it's typically the one game with the most polarized opinions surrounding it.
>>
File: Quistis.webm (492 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Quistis.webm
492 KB, 480x360
>>343286747
Yes
>>343285960
From me. FF8 is best FF.
We need a FF8 HD
>>
>>343287347
FF12 is also the black sheep. How many fucking black sheep does this franchise have?

>>343287424
It would be the objective best FF ever if Quistis was the main girl and Rinoa never happened.
>>
>>343287207
Oh so you just picked up some street skank I bet. And here I thought you accomplished something actually worth merit.
>>
FF8 is the final fantasy of memes. Everyone says the same things they have heard around the internet, probably on gamefaqs.
Let's make an example.
>Oh, it's really great until the end of disk 1! It was so consistent! Then it becomers stupid with the mumbas and the drill-prison and flying gardens! Maybe Squall is dead, lol, and this is all a dream xD
Notice how you are completely focused on hating the fact that a building equipped with a Centra's Shield can fly, but you had no problems accepting the fact that in this world there are happy japanese high-schools where 15 years old kids are taught and partake in the art of war using gunblades and summoned demons. You had no problems accepting the completely shounen-esque President kidnapping mission, nor was strange for you being followed by a spider-like machine.
>>
File: 1316339951700.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1316339951700.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>343287424
>>
File: vexing.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
vexing.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>343277339
GET READY FOR TIME COMPRESSION MOTHER FUCKER
>>
>>343287424
>We need a FF8 HD
No, we absolutely do not. Unless you are talking of an almost 1:1 upgrade like REmake.
>>
>>343287621
Yeah you're absolutely right. It's just total shit from beginning to end.
>>
>>343287717
I'd be down for one that at the very least got rid of level scaling.
>>
Official Final Fantasy VIII girls rankings.

>Best Girl Tier
Selphie
>Most loyal Tier
Raine, Quistish
>Best fashion sense Tier
Rinoa, Edea, Random Sorceresses from Time Compression battle
>Semen-Demon Tier
Shiva
>Slut Tier
Julia
>>
>>343287254
There are countless times Zell drops a knowledge bomb on Squalls ass. Out of any character throughout the game he by far gives the most lore and world detail. Most of it is optional though and you can tell him to piss off instead of listening.
>>
>>343287784
There is absolutely no problem with level scaling. Just don't abuse high level magics that break the game and don't use card-mod on cards of monsters you haven't met.
>>
>>343287254

>It's not like he's the one who blurted out the location of their headquarters to the enemy.

I said he was a bit dense, and he's also hot headed and quick to act before he thinks.

As for the knowledgeable, he's the one who is constantly telling the other characters about the history of the world, about the politics and legends. He's also the one who besides squall and irvine show any interest in reading, since he collects magazines and spends time in the garden's library.
>>
File: Playing Final Fantasy IX.jpg (72 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
Playing Final Fantasy IX.jpg
72 KB, 600x440
>>343285960
>You want a good PS1 FF you play IX
You play VII. IX is too busy taking elements from the previous 8 games to create anything special of its own all the while having a terrible battle system that's as slow as molasses, and I haven't even mentioned trance yet.
>>
>>343288098
My nigga. Zell just gives off the air of being a dumbass because he's quick to anger and prone to rashness. Many people can identify with that.

he also shows he wants to be taken more seriously due to his exasperation everytime someone tells him they're not interested in the lore of the world.
>>
>>343288480
Chicken-Wuss
>>
>>343288480
Yeah but I don't think many people would blurt out confidential information like that unless they were mentally and socially challenged.
>>
>>343288123
To be fair VII took a lot of elements from previous games too, VI in particular. Sephiroth and Kefka have very similar origin stories.
>>
>>343288541
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my garden in SeeD, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids in Galbadia territory, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in hand to hand combat and I’m the top hotdog eater in the entire Garden armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another punching bag. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this planet, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the PA system? Think again, baby. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of nerds across the world and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire collection of beatdown moves in the Combat King line and I will use them to their full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Balamb, you little shit. If only you could have known what a radical asswhoopin' your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit my Final Heaven all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>343288959
>Was hoping for a Final Heaven somewhere down the line
>Think will be disappointed
>There it is right in the end
I don't know if this variant is old or if you just wrote it, but for sure I kekked.
>>
>>343288959
u saying wat u son of basterd bich? u mutherfuker i wil be fuking yor mother u son of bihc, top top top secret see u biching hed, i wil put my lulla in her vagina u little shitty basterd, then i wil be yor new dad u shit!! u wil respect me i am yor dad u shitty dickbich bloody basterd!!
>>
>>343289079
Just wrote it, I struggled to find what to replace in the middle especially.
>>
>>343277339
I don't think that you heard it being the best FF in here.

I love it, but the rest of the plebs here just hate it.
>>
>>343288480

And to top it all, he's the MONK of the group.

>Oh squall is the expert gunblade master, there are only two people who can do that
>Oh, there's this girl who is possessed by a sorceress and can cast spells without limit

>meanwhile zell is punching dragons in the face while eating hotdogs
>>
>>343287590
wew lad you must like, really be mad or something
>>
>>343277339
>FF8
>Best
You fell for a ruse pal
Go play FF4 or FF10
>>
>>343287717
Yes, FF8 HD, FF8 Remake, FF8-2 and FF8 android/os I want it all.
>>
>>343291072
FF10 is shit.
>>
File: tumblr_mt604k7cgl1rhurnpo1_500.png (112 KB, 477x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt604k7cgl1rhurnpo1_500.png
112 KB, 477x400
But FFVIII is the best FF.
>>
Is it actually set in school or it's just the prologue?
>>
ff8>6>9>7>4>5>1>2>3>shit=10>12>13
>>
FF13 is absolute irredeemable garbage. FF8 is heavily flawed but at least it attempts to be a video game instead of just a shallow and boring anime.
>>
>>343292362
Just the prologue.
>>
>when does it get good?
thats down to personal preferance.

if you get stuck at any point farm trex's for dino bones, then mod them into quakes, junction to hp. you shouldn't die at all until disc 3 unless you are terrible after doing that.

play triple triad aswell. avoid random rule at all costs. except when you have to to get laguna card.
>>
>>343293660
This
So comfy it is like ff gta
>>
>>343288095
>absolutely nothing wrong with level scaling
Nigger, do you even know how many games were basically dead on arrival thanks to level scaling?
>>
>>343277339
Never, you got memed on son. The best FF is X. Everything else is shit.
>>
There's literally not a single good Final Fantasy game.
>>
>>343294648
t. 2000s babby
>>
>>343294648
>I hate videogames, yet i post on /v/
am i cool yet guis?
>>
>>343277339
>I heard it's the best Final Fantasy game in the series,

AHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AH AHAH AHA AHAHAHAH AHAHA HA AHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>343291072
ff10 is literal the worst final fantasy ever created, im sorry you were born late neo shit
>>
>>343294648
You are so cool :)
>>
File: ff4.jpg (167 KB, 550x909) Image search: [Google]
ff4.jpg
167 KB, 550x909
>>343291072
Why is it any Final Fantasy post VI is shat on hard for having an awful mumbo-jumbo story but even worse offenders like IV are given a free pass? Or are you from some alternate universe where FF ever had semi-competent writing?
>>
>>343282609
>>343283667
Did you forget the ending of the game?

Squall is literally there at the orphanage in the past and tells Edea about everything. It's no youtube shit. It's literlaly in the ending to the game.
>>
>>343277470
It took me a second, but I keked
>>
>>343277625
>9
>top notch
>no mention of 5
>not liking 8
>>
>>343277625
>You can legit just break the game by just never fighting

This is wrong.
>>
Just don't level up and exploit the junction system.
>>
>>343277339
first I hated it because it played so differently than ff7, than I hated it even more because story was sooo ridiculous and made no sense.
after many years and many ff's I replayed it and genuinely liked it. I even consider it one of the top3 ff's. it's subversive postmodernistic masterpiece on par with metal gear solid 2.
>>
File: 1458508371469.png (87 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1458508371469.png
87 KB, 270x270
>the crack of quistis' whip at the start of a battle
>>
>>343282794

>My high school is fight!
>Retarded

what kind a faggot are you?
>>
>>343296035
in other words, its fucking shit story with boring characters, everything else was great
>>
>>343277339

FF8 is literally the worst game in the series that isn't 13 or on the NES.

Where the fuck did you hear it's the best?
>>
File: Deep Sea Research Facility Core.gif (360 KB, 416x272) Image search: [Google]
Deep Sea Research Facility Core.gif
360 KB, 416x272
>>343296076
That part of the story is fine. It's the entire mess of time travel.
>>
there is nothing wrong with the game itself, the problem is when people come up with bizzare theories like squall post disc 1...no spoilers, folk in the know will know what I mean.

non jap release doesn't get pocketstation unless you have pc version either, which is a bit of a downer. not that it does much.

>time compression 2deep4u
its not that complicated really.
>>
>>343280474
Oh look, a mobile FF game featuring all the main characters from the main games. How original.
>>
>>343299298
But the time travel makes perfect sense. No, seriously, I mean it.
>Ultimecia, utilizing the Junction Machine Ellione, returns to several ages in the past. She can't go too far though so she seeks the original wielder of the power, Ellione herself, in order to travel even farter back. This will allow her to compress time and become a god that can defeat the Legendary SeeDs that are prophesized to destroy her.
>Our heroes get caught in this mess when she possesses Sorceress Edea
>After, well, all of the plot, our heroes exploit the time compression itself in order to reach Ultimecia in the future
>After defeating her, Squall finds himself lost in time. Even though he knows he has to go to the flower field he promised Rinoa, he instead goes to the saddest day in his life, when Ellione left Edea's house
>Ultimecia followed him and her powers are absorbed by Edea which wanted to protect the other kids.
>Squall explains Edea what happened and that she needs to create SeeD in order to be prepared about what will happen in the future.
>Squall then returns to the flow of time, is saved by Rinoa and they both return to their proper time, finally free from Ultimecia's attacks.
The self-fulfilling prophecy also explains why Cid put most of the party together in the first place and also gives quite a sad spin around Ultimecia's tale. Seeds exist because Ultimecia, but Ultimecia wouldn't have acted the time compression without SeeDs around hunting her.
>>
>>343299848
Also it gives a fun fourth-wall-breaking reason for FF* replays. It's a stable timeloop. everytime you replay FF8, it's a different repetition to the one you did before. It's like the jRPG equivalent of Dragon's Dogma in that regard.
>>
>>343300267
it also links in other games in the series at points.

for example gilgamesh leaves the FF5 universe for a bit, beats up odin and seifer, and then goes back later on after wandering the void looking for excalibur.
>>
>>343300267
Well, that's not entirely correct. The only thing that's actually looping in time is Ultimecia's own power (which will forever be re-absorbed by Edea), while we could argue that Squall and friend's are free of it after they return home. What I mean is, Squall will not "loop back again" nor I suppose the time will end.

But yes, many years after the events of the game Ultimecia will come to power,will use the machine and will be killed by the Legendary SeeDs

Also, funny thing I only realized recently, the Intro Video is actually the ending of the game, if you exclude the part where Squall fights Seifer. The words on screens seem to imply Rinoa is saying them, while in reality are from Squall and she is waiting alone for him to come.
>>
>>343296069
>dmitry is removed from /d/ cuz "western"
>no longer posted on /aco/
Why is it so hard to be a fucking degenerate?
>>
>>343299848
Not only that, this explains why Adel was seeking young Ellione. The Adel that dominated Esthar was Ultimecia, sent there by "Present day" Ellione right after you save Rinoa in Lunatic Pandora.

Basically, Ultimecia tried to conquer the world not once but twice.
>>
>>343277339
>Gardens
>Used to turn children into mercenaries
>literally playing as child soldiers
But we're the good guys, r-r-right?
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.