[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're going to fuck this up completely, aren't they?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1467238809518.jpg (134 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
1467238809518.jpg
134 KB, 640x448
They're going to fuck this up completely, aren't they?
>>
We all know they're going to give you the option to save her. So yeah, it's fucked.
>>
>>343274220
option to use a phenix down
>>
>>343274220

There's no way. Too much of the "compilation of FFVII" relies on her being dead.
>>
>>343274286

As a remake, this will probably be a separate canon or something. Also, I just hope the combat isn't as fucking awful as FFXV.
>>
>>343274142
I just wonder how they're going to replicate all the charm of the game. A big part of it came from the graphical limitations I think, and a lifelike world might not fit it well.
>>
They may mess it up a little, if anything due to how it was originally portrayed. With how limited those scenes were emotions often came off as pretty basic on characters' faces. So at the time it was just a big surprise that turned into a somber moment. With technology it is these days they can show emotions a lot easier. So they could fuck it up by making Cloud get pissy, cry, or something else that's different from the somewhat shocked quiet that was in the original scene.

As long as Cloud isn't blubbering or screaming in rage it should be fine. But who knows.
>>
If they do two things I'll be happy.
>make the episodic cut offs where the disc would have ended anyway
>don't cut anything specifically to add something new
>>
>>343274142
It's a cutscene. All they have to do is recreate it with higher poly assets and more shaders. It's one of the things they aren't likely to fuck up since it's already presented in a 'cinematic', non-interactive fashion. At worst they'll add a dumb line of dialogue or something.
>>
>>343274523
>make the episodic cut offs where the disc would have ended anyway

There's no fucking way; they're milking this shit for all it's worth. If you think the first episode ends anywhere BUT the end of Midgar or the at the flash back in the next town then I feel genuinely sorry for you.
>>
>>343274531
>implying it won't be a firced qte 'playable' cutscene to force you to kill her yourself.

>with obnoxious pop-up dynamic prompts all over the fucking place
>>
File: 1466878533824.jpg (14 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1466878533824.jpg
14 KB, 300x250
I imagine they'll postpone the canon death then suddenly invoke it a point that makes no fucking sense
>>
>>343274376
It didn't come from limitations, but from 2D pre-rendered backgrounds. It's gonna be shit in 3D.
>>
>>343274871

What if they postpone it until right after Let's Mosey
>>
>>343275000
Trips of fucking truth. The backgrounds were very well done and are a huge part of what makes the game enjoyable to play because how full of life they feel.

I can't imagine them translating well in 3D. Actually, we already know they don't because of Crisis Core.
>>
Would you be upset if they retconned this to where she lives instead?
>>
>Cloud and Tifa under the Highwind in HD
I can't wait. What if they decide to go with the original idea and have them exit the chocobo stall?
>>
>>343274871
what if she actually dies of magical aids?
>>
>>343274373
It's not awful in FF XV.

I want this bandwagonning to die.
>>
>>343276047

I don't browse FF threads at all so I don't know anything about bandwagoning. I played both demos for the game and the combat is shit.
>>
>>343274373
>As a remake, this will probably be a separate canon or something
Why? SquEnix finally started on the remake because they need to get a footing again after a mediocre trilogy and one game that's been in development hell for nigh on a decade (FFXV having once been Versus XIII, there's an easy joke to be made about bad luck): there's no way they're not going to play this as safe as possible. The very last thing they need to do is piss off legions of autistic fanboys by altering the most iconic scene in the entire three decades-old franchise.
>>
>>343274142
as long as golden saucer remains, i'll enjoy unlimited amount of fun.
>>
File: 1445769864081.png (219 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1445769864081.png
219 KB, 500x385
>>343275169
>Crisis Core Midgar
>>
>>343275676
I hope they some of the discarded ideas for VII in this
>Biggs, Wedge and Jessie see how Barret and Tifa just walk into Cloud and disappear
>decide they want to try it out too
>they bang headfirst into each other
>I GUESS WE'RE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO PULL THAT OFF
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.