[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone thinks that this looks good? https://www.youtube.com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: God-of-War-Gameplay-Trailer-2.jpg (97 KB, 1024x581) Image search: [Google]
God-of-War-Gameplay-Trailer-2.jpg
97 KB, 1024x581
Anyone thinks that this looks good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_GCPaKywg

Story-wise it's gonna be generic as fuck with either Kratos or the kid dying, gameplay-wise it looks slow and with limited gameplay options for the sake of being cinematic.

Another game that aims to be "visually interesting".
>>
File: 1461654725464.png (351 KB, 346x349) Image search: [Google]
1461654725464.png
351 KB, 346x349
>>343272341
>kratos taking care of his wife's son

Aiming for the nu-male demographic?
>>
>>343272341
>kratos saves his son at the end
>"you must go on my wife's son, you are now a god of war!"
>they shit out another 3 games
>>
I wonder if critics are gonna praise it for "adding a new dimension to Kratos" or some other bullshit like that while completely ignoring how NOT God of War the gameplay is
>>
>>343275490
Who the fuck cares if the gameplay is good ?

Not having a GoW combat system is now a flaw
>>
>>343272341
I'd rather see Kratos snap and rip his son in half 2bh
>>
Maybe you should all watch this instead of jumping to conclusions based on one trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivK50RCOfM
>>
Looks like it'll play like the new Tomb Raider reboots.
I didn't like those.
>>
>>343275490
They're already doing it writing articles about how the new trailer made them "care" about God of War.
>>
No chained blades no buy.

The chained blades and Kratos is literally what God of War is.
>>
>>343275490
>>343276512

You guys just lack emotional skill.
>>
>>343272341

>Odin makes his kid betray and end up killing both kratos and his mum.

>Gameplay does 180 and reverts to classic GOW.

>Flashforward timeskip. Kid is now pissed off man.

>ODINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
>>
>>343272341
>It's a THIS PLAY STATION GAME (THAT I CAN'T PLAY BECAUSE IM POOR OR HAVE COMPANY LOYALTY) IS GONNA BE SHIT thread.

Every thread of hate only proves your asspain
>>
I hope it fails hard.
>>
I saw a lot of people saying that the gameplay change made them more interested in God of War. Said the franchise had gotten stale.
Slaughtering mythological beasts never gets old, I don't know what they're talking about.
>>
You can do some interesting combo's with the axe callback apparently
>>
>>343277678
I'm not sure as will.

There seems to be little more gameplay than Order 1866 plus it has an established IP.
>>
>>343272341
>series with multiple entries
>people begin to comment that it's becoming stale
>sony reboots in hopes to make it interesting again
>OMG WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT?!

People dont know what they want.
>>
>wanted God of War 3 (or 2) except with Norse gods instead of Greek gods and titans
>got The Last of Us: My wife's son edition

how fucking pathetic are games getting, seriously
>>
>>343277870
nevermind the retards that want cod to be silent hill and quake to be fifa
>>
>>343272341
>about one minute of hack and slash in a trailer for a hack and slash game series

If they're gonna reduce God of War to the "cinematic experience" bin, he better at least be driven into a divine rage and kill that kid then go on a revenging spree for it.
>>
>>343278007
>an established IP
That has completely changed it's identity, like RE7. I hope they both fail, I don't like it when a dev makes a completely new game and instead of making a new IP they ruin an existing popular one, it's annoying and I wish nothing but failure on the practice.
>>
>>343278072
Hey, maybe they should have changed it for the better, not just into a thematic copy of The Last of Us with press button to watch a kill animation gameplay.
>>
>>343278285
>I never played the original RE games: the post
>>
>>343278285
Yeah, RE7 is extremely embarassing. I dunno why everyone praises it as bold when it's just a higher budgeted version of all those Youtube-bait first person horrors.

But P.T. the same. I dunno why Silent Hill shitters where into it. All the time they praised previous Silent Hill for being more than just jump scares and then they hype P.T. which is just jump scares.
>>
>>343278420
I have played every RE game except 3 and the dead aim/survivor games/gba port. 7 is completely different for any in the series.
>>
>>343278420
>resident evil
>first person
>claim the other anon have never played it
nice projection
>>
>>343278519
>7 is completely different for any in the series.

nope
its going back to the roots

trying to be scary and logic puzzles

i guess you are same as this >>343278602
retard that thinks changing the camera position makes it totally different
>>
>>343272341
It looks very emotional.
>>
>>343272341
Looks pretty based. They're really confident on changing the mechanism of the previous games.
>>
>>343278602

>the last of us and the division are literally the same games because both are TPS

average /v/ user IQ check out

probably the same guy who posted "RE is all about shooting zombies in TPS view" on steam forums
>>
>>343278671
Resident Evil wasn't a walking sim, you started off shooting shit, also RE wasn't about horror and if anyone was scared of RE then I feel bad for you. It was an action game that took place in a house, there was nothing scary about the house, it wasn't haunted like it is in this game, also, ghosts! If I remember correctly, there were 0 ghosts in the old games, so what the fuck are you talking about back to it's horror roots? Friday the 13th on NES had more horror than RE.
>>
>>343278845
>Resident Evil wasn't a walking sim, you started off shooting shit

its very obvious you never played the originals
>>
>>343272341
This isn't actually in the game. They made it to introduce the new GoW in a concise package.
>>
>We removed the gameplay from God of War because modern games require to be linear movie games.
>>
>>343278905
So let's see, you enter a house, chis and wesker are missing, you go into the dinning room, blood, jill see if you can find any other clues, i'll be examinging this, hope this is not CHRIS's blood, exit right, make a left then a right into your first zombie, you then proceed to what??! SHOOT THE FUCKING ZOMBIE!!! in the first 35 seconds of gameplay motherfucker.
>>
>>343279063

yes and?

there will be combat in the game

just because you are a shitposting faggot who cant even look up the game doesnt make what you say right

devs confirmed there is no supernatural in it, there will be combat, and the demo isnt even part of the main game

they also said you wont be playing a professional killing machine either just some random dude

and in the originals, especially in 1 most of the time you are just walking around in the fucking mansion meeting 2 zombies every 10 mins
>>
>>343278925
yeah these sizzle trailers are horseshit fyi.

They are an incredibly waste of time and money.

This is a very clear sign the game will be shit. Completely publisher driven with EP's leading development.

Welcome to dev hell.
>>
>>343278961
>I never played GoW games.
>>
So this game is going to be open world right?
>>
>>343279520
No.
>>
File: moving Jörmungandr.gif (3 MB, 549x364) Image search: [Google]
moving Jörmungandr.gif
3 MB, 549x364
>retards STILL think you will be killing Norse gods when the devs all but explicitly tell you that Kratos is going to be Odin here and the kid is very obviously Thor
You can even LITERALLY see the Jörmungandr at the end of the fucking trailer.
>>
>>343279321
This is EXACTLY why the game is shit and should not be called Resident Evil, ESPECIALLY not 7. I am not surprised though, Capcom is on a real winning streak, first Street Fighter V and the glorious decisions with that extremely successful game and then making Dragon's Dogma online only to pull a Sega on the US version and now effectively killing Resident Evil or digging a fucking hole they will have to retcon out of. Capcom is shit tier now.
and let's not forget about the masterpiece that is Umbrella Corps. Enjoy your new walking sim faggot, I hope it fails so hard Capcom has to shut the fuck down and sell it's IPs to people with talent,
>>
>>343279651
Then who is Loki?
>>
>>343279770
Not yet revealed? Why the fuck would they reveal everything at once?
>>
>>343279795
Because they pretty much did that in the gameplay.
>>
>>343279823
But they haven't. You have literally only seen two monster variants one of which was a boss, Kratos and the kid.
You know quite literally nothing about the game beyond what was shown in the trailer.
Don't even get me started on the fact that Kratos has a beard now to fit in with the Odin motif, the kid has thunder powers just like Thor and they're going to use the pottery of "Thor has thunder powers because Kratos passed down Zeus' genes to him".
>>
So consoles are for cinematic non-games.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize this.
>>
>>343272341
Meh, doesn't look very interesting to me, at least from the preview we got. I'll wait till we get more gameplay till I decide if it's crap or not.

Real shame any discussion about this will be drowned in a flood of "My wife's son XDXDXD" meme spouting by insecure faggots.
>>
>>343272341
>Arrow in the deer isn't at all where he shot

0/10 would not play

Frankly it looked great, but it's a fucking movie. Just make a movie not a game.
>>
>>343279685
>Resident Evil 7 shouldnt be called Resident Evil because its pretty much Resident Evil 1 in FPS view

you cant make this shit up
>>
>>343272341
Story wise, it's gonna take some time for me to adjust to the whole father and son thing. I'm still used to Kratos' previous attitude (mainly on the whole pissed off 24/7). I'm just hoping that the father and son theme doesn't heavily change his old personality, especially towards his enemy.

Game play wise I'm a little bit worried. From what I see in the trailer, gameplay reminds me more on games like dead head fred and TLOU and less on the previous GoW games. I wanted some changes to the gameplay of GoW (even for a little bit) but the main reason why I like the previous GoW games is the whole hack-and-slash type of gameplay. It just feels weird if they change the whole gameplay/fight system, which reminds me of Crash of the Titans.
>>
>>343272341
>that awful looking the last of us inspired """game play""""

Fuck no

I play God of War to swing around whip blades and destroy everything. Not to teach a kid how to hunt in a scripted gameplay segment. Fuck that so hard
>>
>>343280103
It's clear that I have fallen into some sort of troll loop.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.