[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy a Wii U but I'm a bit hesitating. Is it worth it ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
I want to buy a Wii U but I'm a bit hesitating. Is it worth it ?
>>
File: pkfWmFK.0.jpg (156 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pkfWmFK.0.jpg
156 KB, 1600x900
Wait for the Nintendo NX. Seriously, the wii u has no games.
>>
>>343268717
Yes! And hurry up. The final splatfest is in less than a month.
>>
no
no
NO
Don't fucking do it.
>>
>>343268717
No
>>
No, buy a 3DS instead. Just follow the holy trinity: PC, PS4, 3DS
>>
>>343269445
this, but skip the ps4. wait for the nx
>>
Yes, quickly grab one

This console has 3/4 of a whole year of lifespan looking forward to and a whopping 1 games still coming out for it before it fades into Oblivion and its library gets ported to NX

Better get one now, before stores start to sell them cheap as fuck
>>
File: Complaints.png (656 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
Complaints.png
656 KB, 569x629
Im gonna sell l mine tomorrow and just wait for dolphin to add wii u support I fucking regret buying this paperweight so much. At least I have a decent gaymin pc or I'd probably an hero from boredom. Anyone who has one should sell it now before it becomes even more worthless
>>
>>343268717
If you want this games, yes.

- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Smash Bros. for WiiU
- Bayonetta 2
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
- Mario Kart 8
- Super Mario Maker
- Pikmin 3
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Yoshi Woolly World
- The Wonderful 101
- Nintendo Land
- Pokken Tournament
- Hyrule Warriors
- Splatoon
- LEGO City Undercover
- FAST Racing NEO
>>
>>343269445
I'm living in 2003 what's the holy trinity?
>>
I want one, gonna wait for the NX though.

Hopefully nx is backwards compatible because there's a bunch of wii u games I want to play.
>>
no
I have one because I got it for almost nothing
every game on it is underwhelming and there won't be any more coming out
>>
cat mario game, bayo 2, mario kart 8.
three exclusive bangin' games. all the other games are pretty meh, never played xenoblade though looks cool.
>>
>>343270826

>DKTF
>meh

?
>>
>>343270954
honestly i tried to like that game i really did. maybe ill give it another go??? but i was not really impressed with the first 2 or so worlds seemed kind of bland and easy. and diddy kongs quest is one of my favorite games too.
>>
>>343268717
Only console worth considering unless you are a die hard From Software fan.

>>343270486
This.

And also its the first Zelda title I've looked forward to since Link to the Past. The return of open world chose your own adventure looks wonderful.

>>343270707
That is getting rare. I really only think they did it before as a way to supplement the early library. I feel like they may not think they need to anymore since Nintendo is pretty niche at this point.
>>
>>343268717
Yes if you want to play bayonetta, Xenoblade and splatoon.

It has the definitive version of bayonetta 1.
>>
>>343270486
Most of those look like good fucking games, but it's weird. I've noticed lately an expensive console will only have one or two playable games, but they themselves aren't worth plunking down over 300 dollars. So a great game ends up not getting the sales it should.
>>
>>343270247
how much are you selling it for just curious?
>>
You can easily mod your Wii U and pirate games now so fucking do it.
>>
>>343270486
I keep being impressed when I count the games I'm interested in that I find 12+ games worth purchasing. It is a strong library, a shame 3rd parties deserted.
>>
File: 1408607625111.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1408607625111.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>343270486
>- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
>- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
>- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
>- Nintendo Land
>- Pokken Tournament
>- Hyrule Warriors
>- LEGO City Undercover
>- FAST Racing NEO
>>
As a Wii U owner for two years, I can safely say no if you're not a PC gamer. Besides, NX might have backwards compatiblity with Wii U games.

Third party was always dead, and if there were any, it's better on other consoles and especially PC. First party was a bit strong, with SM3DW, Bayonetta, Smash, and Donkey Kong, but from this point on it's really dead.

Reason why I might recommend this is if you're a PC games for those third party games, then get a Wii U for good first party games. At least I'm super happy about Bayonetta 2. Then again, you could wait a bit for the NX.

If you're not a PC gamer and have a PS4 or Xbox one, and want a Wii U, at least wait for the prices to drop and realize what you're getting into.
>>
>>343274108

Nice meme sonygger, how about going back to neogaf.
>>
>>343269208
>final
forever?
lel it barely came out.
Never bought it.
>>
>>343270550
Can you even read
>>
>>343274154
I was expecting a master race joke, I don't even own anything Sony besides a shitty Vita I'm going to sell.

Interested in Sony's first party though, especially Spider-Man. Though I can only buy a PS4 if that Spider-Man game is good and it's never ever coming to PC.
>>
>>343270486
>- Super Mario Maker
Unless you like the building aspect of SMM, don't get it. The maps from other players are shit.
>>
>>343268717
Wii U is the winner of this generation and has the best games library this gen. You're missing out on this generation's best games if you don't own a Wii U.
>>
>>343268717
>>343270486
Not only those, but there's a SHIT ton of past-console games on the online shop that can be played on the Wii U. A lot of people seem to sleep on that.
>>
Wait until black Friday. Seriously. Otherwise it still costs too much considering what it doesn't do. Lego undercover is a good reason to give one away. Did you really get one just to play it? How can you pretend that that's a serious statement. Black Friday should have a good bundle it's in 5 months get the 3 games you want to play on cyber Monday and enjoy. If you shave even a little bit more you should have plenty by then.
>>
File: 1379.gif (52 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
1379.gif
52 KB, 500x309
>>343275220
>If you shave even a little bit
>>
>>343274028
Fast Racing Neo is quite good and Captain Toad is decent, not great but decent. And I've only heard good things about the Lego game, you may not like it but it's not trash.
>>
>>343270707
>Hopefully nx is backwards compatible
I don't know much about the nx controller, but unless it has a screen as well, it will be pretty hard to make some Wii U game work on the nx.
>>
File: nintendont do it.jpg (68 KB, 638x599) Image search: [Google]
nintendont do it.jpg
68 KB, 638x599
>>343268717

It's really not worth it. Yes, there are games for the Wii U that are generally deemed enjoyable.
Unfortunately, most of those games are iterative entries in an existing franchise (Smash, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Mario 3D world etc.)
Some of the better games people will point out are HD re-releases of Zelda titles. It's really up to you whether you think they're worth it, but to me playing the originals is fine and playing them on Dolphin emu is practically the same as on Wii U (and obviously a hell of a lot cheaper).
Some of the best games on Wii U are also on 3DS (Smash, Hyrule Warriors etc.), or there's a very similar title on 3DS (Mario 3D land/world, monster hunter, Mario Kart 7/8). Although they are better in HD with a proper controller, they are fine on 3DS.
Finally, we have games that were more experiments than anything; stuff you may enjoy, but they're not really worth purchasing (Yoshi's Wooly world, Captain Toad).
Really, out of all the non-iterative, worthwhile games, you have Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wonderful 101, Splatoon and maybe Pokken Tournament and Bayonetta 2. Some people may be upset that I didn't include Mario Maker, but that's largely because it's actually very hard to find a level that isn't a gimmick, ludicrously hard, or just straight up poorly designed in a multitude of ways.

Given that the NX is coming out early next year, and it will also have the one game that stands out enough to make it worth the purchase, it's hard to argue that the Wii U is worth owning.
As a Wii U owner I have pretty bad buyer's remorse right now. Hopefully you don't end up the same.
>>
>>343274542
Yes but what the fuck is a PS4 and 3DS
>>
>>343268717
Don't listen to anybody saying "No". They are trying to troll you. Buy it, you won't regret it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.