[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, i need your halp so I bought Dragon's Dogma I like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n51i08X7tP1qkwdtzo1_1280.jpg (144 KB, 607x651) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n51i08X7tP1qkwdtzo1_1280.jpg
144 KB, 607x651
/v/, i need your halp
so I bought Dragon's Dogma
I like it. Kinda
but i'm on the verge of the no return point: i have 2 hours playtime (max for refund) and i can't decide whether i like it or not
i thought it'd be reactive and exciting like dark souls
then i got onto a monster and mashed LMB till i fell off or he died
i'm playing on hard and it just seems lackluster

how would you rate Dark Arisen, /v/?
>>
Bitterblack Isle is the best part of the game
>>
>>343267935
why?
>>
>>343267838
>then i got onto a monster and mashed LMB till i fell off or he died
Your own damn fault. And you are also doing the same thing in Dark Souls. Keep playing. The best is yet to come.
>>
>>343268846
how?
it's what you do
no dodging
no blocking against that
>>
People always seem to think that it's comparable to Dark Souls, to which it isn't. It's a fucking amazing game if you like Monster Hunter or maybe character-action games, but not if you like Dark Souls really. The only similarities it has to Dark Souls is some of the challenge and character building.

The main appeal of the game is the depth to the combat, character building grind, and giant monsters. If you're looking for a slow-paced atmospheric slog then you're playing the wrong game. But if you genuinely enjoy the combat from the start, like to grind bosses and enemies for new gear, and testing that gear on tough enemies then it's fantastic. The world is bland, the story has some interesting bits but is told in a dull fashion, the graphics are nothing to write home about, and the enemy variety is limited at times. Still, it has some of the best gameplay.

Also, it does get WAY better when going into post-game content or Bitterblack Isle. That's where all the tough shit is and where what most consider the "real" game to start is. Bitterblack Isle itself is a better experience than most of the base game altogether.
>>
>>343268994
>no dodging
All four yellow classes have a dodge move you can unlock by playing them for a little time
>no blocking against that
Fighter, Mystic Knight and Assassin can all use a shield from level one onwards. Am I gettting baited here?

You can also climb your enemies, have several skills, ranged weapons and magic depending on the class. Yes, this really feels like getting baited. Because don't tell me you have more options in Dark Souls.
>>
>>343269467
I'm playing fighter. I just assumed a huge monster like that wouldn't be able to be blocked
>>
>>343269950
It's a single player MMO.
>>
>>343269396
thanks anon
recommend i refund?
>>
>>343269950
The fighter is the tank and works like a tank. Do you want to complain about how useless shields are? You will also unlock skills that give you a dodge move and invincibility frames and shields skills to knock enemies out of their guard. Have fun. And climb that stupid huge monster if you can.
>>
File: saveus.png (300 KB, 865x547) Image search: [Google]
saveus.png
300 KB, 865x547
>>343269950
praying this is bait. my lord do you not experiment at all in the games you're playing?
>>
>>343270342
seeing how i started at hard mode, i'd say yes
>>
>>343270647
You should've started in normal mode
The difficulty setting works kinda like in wots where they expect you to have beaten the game before going to the higher difficulties
>>
>>343270984
i'm doing ok so far
i love being kept on my toes
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.