[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /vp/ exists, but I want /v/'s honest opinion. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1446367771650.jpg (66 KB, 460x207) Image search: [Google]
1446367771650.jpg
66 KB, 460x207
I know /vp/ exists, but I want /v/'s honest opinion. Is this the best set of Pokemon games by miles?

It needs the hard-patch to actually be challenging but you can't really fault it for that because all Pokemon games are easy as shit unpatched.
>>
>>343266571
Nope, ORAS
>>
>>343266636

Oras is just a remake though. There exist no point in playing ORAS if you've played Ruby and Sapphire.

At least BW2 told an original story. And probably one of the best stories Pokemon's ever told.
>>
No takers except Mr. Shit-taste over here >>343266636?
>>
>>343267759

There's nothing to discuss because you're objetively correct.
>>
>>343266571
No.

They ruined the sense of fresh adventure BW had. BW was one of the best games in recent memory and felt like a real sequel. New region with nothing but new Pokemon, sprites the way they should have been in DP/HGSS, battles that weren't static, etc. BW was visually the best gen and did the best job of capturing that sense of a new adventure the first game had with its roster of completely new Pokemon. Very disappointed with the 3D models in XY, I wish they'd just keep making animated sprites.
>>
File: 889c.gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
889c.gif
156 KB, 500x282
>>343266636
>people with this opinion exist

End yourself hoennfag
>>
>>343268242

I will meet you half way and agree that a the move for Pokemon to 3D feels more and more meaningless the more I think about it.

Honestly, I know that pixelart is a dying trade, but Pokemon never really felt like a series that needed the third dimension, and it still doesn't. XY and ORAS feel a lot smaller and less interesting than their 2D counterparts.

I will however, not agree to the BW1 v BW2 aspect of your post. BW2 did an excellent job of maintaining the atmosphere of BW1, and BW2 told an objectively better story than BW1 did.

BW1 had visually better protagonists though.
>>
>>343268375
I think he's trolling or trying to be funny. That's what I keep telling myself when I talk to 3Dfags.
>>
File: _1318598917426.jpg (546 KB, 2001x542) Image search: [Google]
_1318598917426.jpg
546 KB, 2001x542
>>343266571
honestly -- yes

B2/W2 > platinum = HG/SS > emerald > FRLG

gen iii-v was the pinnacle
gen i-ii was okay, but there are superior upgraded versions
gen vi threw away content for pretty graphics which aren't too pretty
>>
>>343268375
honestly, i see a lot of kids and people who got back into pokemon around gen vi who say that OR/AS is the best. unironically, too
>>
>>343268723
Couldn't care less about the story, BW just felt like the "real" sequel we were supposed to get with GS, RS, etc. A Pokemon 2, if you will. Not seeing Zubats, Tentacools and Geodudes all over for the fifth game really went a long way to make the game feel fresh in comparison to past titles, for example. The visuals felt like a real upgrade and captured what I've wanted to see out of the games visually for a while. They're what DP and HGSS should have been as opposed to the same static battles at a slightly higher resolution.

Don't really care about postgame either, I own an AR so no need to grind against slightly better AI for TMs, hold items and move tutors. Spent my postgame time in BW breeding and battling, online in the actual game or on shoddybattle/Pokemon online. BW just really captured that feeling of a fresh start, a "real" sequel, that I hadn't really felt about any of the other games. Didn't really get that out of BW2, funnily enough.
>>
>>343269169
>shoddybattle
i used to be rank 9 and used to go head to head with top 5 player spiritofsteel. good times

competitive scene stopped being "pure" around mid-4th gen ans i never looked back
>>
>>343269125

I refuse to belive this. I used to work at a daycare part-time for a while, and met a lot of younger kids with the DS as their first handhelds who would live and die defending BW1 and 2.

That being said they are probably the oldfags of their generation.
>>
>>343269886
you better believe it. out of the people i mentioned, a lot of them bought a 3DS after that huge hype trailer for X/Y, then played OR/AS. most of them are just brain-dead idiots in general, though
>>
>>343270519
>most of them are just brain-dead idiots in general, though

They'll fit in great here.
>>
BW2 is the best by far.
>>
>>343270979
nah, too normalfag and not contrarian enough. these people like popular things and hope to be social IRL
>>
>>343271680

You'd be surprised the people we surround ourselves with.
>>
>>343266571
Hard patch link?

>>343266636
Also no following HG/SS which were both remakes and probably the best games in the series ORAS was shit as it even removed the battle frontier which was a huge new feature in gen 3 and never delivered on its implementation though a patch. ORAS just felt lazy without too much new added to gen 3 to justify a remake.
>>
>>343273193
>link
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290429

That's not the pre-patched rom though.

http://nicoblog.org/nds-roms/pokemon-blaze-black-2volt-white-2-hack/

That's the pre-patched.

It adds all the pokemon and ramps up the difficulty without adding any cringey fan-fiction at all. It's far better than the original IMO.
>>
>>343274165
All BW Pokemon or all Pokemon? Because that would make it almost impossible to catch what I actually want.
>>
>>343274381

If I recall it's all BW Pokemon. But I am just guessing at this point. I played it back in v0.8 or something and at that point more new pokemon for a DS game was just a distant dream.
>>
>>343273193
Think he meant hard mode that you can set in game
>>
>>343274923

I assumed he ment an actual hard patch in >>343274165. Don't even remember this game having a hard mode back when I originally played it.
>>
>>343266571
Yes. It was probably the most recent game in Pokemon to actually capitalize on the previous game's story. Every other "third" game of a Pokemon generation was just a retelling of the story you already knew but B2/W2 actually took place 2 years after B/W. It's kind of similar to G/S in a way. I thoroughly enjoyed this game's main story but the one thing that was vastly improved over B/W was definitely the post-game.

>>343274165
This is the version of B2/W2 I played having never played vanilla B2/W2. This hack is hard as balls but it's hard to recommend it. It is challenging in a way but most of the challenge comes from how overleveled the NPC Pokemon are. The only cool thing about the NPC fights is probably how well thought out some of the teams are with most Pokemon actually having held items.
>>
>>343275815

The patch is rather unforgiving, I agree, and it does go a little overboard with the levels at some point.

It does, however, say right in the documentation that you are expected to load your team up with held items, and popping potions, and using the Exp. Share generously.

It's hard, but it expects you to use absolutely every trick you know.

Even then it does have some stupid moments, like early-game when you are just given your pokeballs and your starter is level 3 and then you run into a wild pokemon who's level 7 in the first square of grass.
>>
>>343266571
No. Gen 5 is total garbage that needed black and white 2 in order to make it decent. It was needed in order to get people to keep playing.

XY and ORAS are better in the sheer number of pokemon available, items, and multiplayer experience.
>>
>>343276035
(You)
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 326x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 326x343
>>343276035
>>
>>343276035
OP meant the games themselves, not multiplayer battling. Obviously every new game will have better multiplayer, because there's more ways to play with more pokemon/items. But the actual single-player experience of XY/ORAS were fucking awful.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.