[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam refund (Nonhyped/""honest"" subnautica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
File: Subnatica.png (61 KB, 298x144) Image search: [Google]
Subnatica.png
61 KB, 298x144
At what point should I refund a steam game that isn't actually bad?
>bought subnautica
>start the game in creative to test a few things
>start building a little base and going around in my seamoth
>game is choppy during daytime, ( have a medium/high end card and am playing at recommended settings) LOD doesn't increase unless you're right next to the terrain
>no FOV slider
>there's not even much in terms of gameplay
>there's like 2 vehicles
>one constantly gets stuck on terrain
>no 3rd person view so you can see if you get stuck
>only shitty cameras
>It's not even as scary as some people say because you can barely see anything even with the pinhole lights turned on
>try survival mode to see if it's any better
>there isn't any point of really expanding or anything because the game barely has any depth in terms of progression - there's only a few upgrades to get, and there's only a few "building blocks" to use in your base
1/2
>>
>buying ea games
>>
If you don't like it, then you don't like it. Refund away OP, no need to justify why you didn't enjoy it really. It's not finished yet and maybe you just aren't in the mood.
>>
>>343261543
first mistake
>>
it's like minecraft all over again
>>
File: say-what-now--meme-3397.jpg (30 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
say-what-now--meme-3397.jpg
30 KB, 600x434
>>343261646
EA game ?
>>
>>343261543
Fuck I forgot to put "cons:" at the front.
This is still cons:
there will be a "pros" section to balance out the negativity
>the game has like 1 whole "crafting table" for almost all items
>this is a problem because it eliminates progression: if there were "tiered" fabricators it would make the game feel more rewarding
>the exploration isn't as rewarding as people say: it's a premade map so you don't feel like your experience is unique
>lack of customability: you can only change the color of some things and add some prefab props to your bases
>your seamoth and cyclops will always look the same except for color
>it's kinda unoptimized
>creator is a hypocrite - doesn't allow guns for political reasons but allows knifes and neurotoxin missles so you can kill anything you want
>no guns
2/2

Okay, here's the pros:
>Polished graphics - everything looks very nice
>it's early access with a somewhat dedicated developer - more features to come
1/2 for pros
>>
>>343261950
early access
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1920x1080
Never believe a word this man says

You think Peter Molyneux is bad? You don't know this guy
>>
>>343262308
>easy to jump into - intuitive building and controls
>bases are somewhat customizible - you get some prefab corridors and rooms, and you can put interactive props and utilities in each room
>base can be open - you can swim right into your base without loading screens
>the small number of vehicles are okay - there's a small submersible (seamoth) and a big sub (cyclops), you can park your submersible inside the sub
>the sub inside has the same mechanics as the base - you can put interactive props and utilities freely inside
>the map is pretty big - although it is premade there's a lot of secret areas to discover
>a ample variety of creatures and flora -each with their own attributes
>you can terraform stuff
>it's pretty comfy to play around in for a small sitting
>the damage system on the sub is really cool - the sub starts filling up with water
All in all, it's a 6/10, with room for improvement
>>
>>343261543
>>343261543
That was your mistake, going into creative.
It gets actually scary in survival and it takes a while to get all that cool shit you're spawning.
I am also glad there are no guns, it makes it even a greater challenge. Also that "my special snowflake experience" is bullshit. Do you really want a randomly generated ocean?? It would be cool, no doubt. But having it this way really lets the devs craft unique and memorable places for the player to explore. Your mistake was starting in creative and getting spoiled aside from the fact you expect a full game when it is only ea.
>>
There are lots of early access titles on Steam that are nothing but scams.. You will never, ever get refunds for those games (if you're stupid enough to buy them), because by the time you realize that you've purchased vaporware, two weeks have come and gone.

Likewise, there are still games like the original Kane & Lynch up on the store page that simply won't work with newer graphics hardware. They've got no problems charging money for those.

If you buy a game and they patch it a couple of weeks after you buy it, and the patch basically breaks the game for you? Well, you're fucked. That's happened to me, and Steam isn't giving you your money back.

14 days and 1 second since you bought the game? 120 minutes and 1 second played? You're shit out of luck, son.

So if you buy a game and you realize that you don't like it and won't continue playing it, and you're within the refund window, refund it with no second thoughts.

Every game on Steam that doesn't come with some MMO currency bullshit now has a free 2 hour demo. Enjoy.
>>
>>343263593
> Also that "my special snowflake experience" is bullshit. Do you really want a randomly generated ocean?? It would be cool, no doubt. But having it this way really lets the devs craft unique and memorable places for the player to explore.
I kinda thing for an *exploration* game random generation is key, because when I watch gameplay beforehand to see if I think the game looks good, I don't want to find out how to get to place x or y, i want to learn for myself.
This doesn't even require random generation as much as it just requires making each "area" a tile on the map and "reorganizing" the tiles whenever you start a new game.
> Also that "my special snowflake experience" is bullshit. Do you really want a randomly generated ocean?? It would be cool, no doubt. But having it this way really lets the devs craft unique and memorable places for the player to explore.
>Your mistake was starting in creative and getting spoiled
I just wanted to test each feature of the game to make sure they work correctly, because devs these days for some reason don't understand the importance of a "demo", or know that if they released a demo the 7 minutes of novelty provided by the game would wear off and people wouldn't buy.
Think of starmade, they provided the FULL GAME as the demo because they know that they aren't selling a fucking full game yet. They let people test it out first before they buy.
But then you have these fucking retard early access devs who treat their game as if it is a full game by not releasing demos, charging around the same price as a full release (>$10), and even fucking publishing the game on a GAME STOREFRONT, where you are supposed to get FULL GAMES. You don't walk into eb games or gamestop and see them selling the beta build of battlefield 7 for $20.
TL;DR:
Since the dev logistically treats it as a full game, I'm going to treat it as a full game.
>>
>>343264925
>Since the dev logistically treats it as a full game, I'm going to treat it as a full game.
They tell you it's EA, it's not as if they sold you the game as a finished product that was merely a skeleton framework and then said "content patches eventually." Idiots like you are the reason fireworks have "do not point at face" written on them.
>>
>>343265495
>implying the "early access" disclaimer is basically the "caution: hot" disclaimer on coffee
I know it has the disclaimer, but the thing is the practices they use resemble that of a full game.
It's buying floor model furniture because they don't have it in stock.
Sure, you KNOW it's not the same as a stock model, and they tell you that, but that doesn't stop them from SELLING IT and TREATING IT like a stock model.

Just because they acknowledge it isn't normal doesn't stop them from treating it as if it were normal.
>>
>Try playing The Culling
>Takes more than an hour to get into an Aussie server
>Other regions lag so badly I can't hit anyone with an arrow
>Try to refund
>It's refused because gameplay time says 4 hours 11 minutes
Who the ungodly fuck set this arbitrary limit?
>>
>>343266618
Unlucky you stupid fuck.

Maybe if you didn`t have shit internet it wouldn`t be a problem.

Fucking retard, if you don`t understand why there is a limit then you`re fucking subhuman level stupid. Can`t expect anymore from an Australian I guess.

Kill yourself, fucking faggot.
>>
File: 20160630051931_1.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160630051931_1.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
So this is just a Subnautica thread, right?
>>
>>343269571
Wouldn't expect an American to understand international latency.
>>
File: 2016-06-29_00009.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-29_00009.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343269620
Yep, post comfy bases.
>>
So is the reaper leviathan really the biggest monster in this game? They seriously don't plan on adding any giagantic squids or anything? seems like a wasted opportunity
>>
File: 20160630081343_1.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160630081343_1.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
Fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug fug ___fug___
>>
>>343269978
They're adding a much bigger monster next patch, and they're currently working on one much bigger than that
>>
>>343269802
I`m not American, fucktard.

Better luck next time dipshit.
>>
>>343270094
how big exactly?? and how deep can you go?
>>
>>343270282
Very big and very deep
>>
So I guess pretty much all of the wrecks are quite deep? You expected to bring an extra oxygen tank, seaglide down and bladder/seaglide back up? Still not much time. I drowned looking for diamonds in the mushroom forest (30 second warning is a fucking lie) before just going to the mountain island to load up on shit.

I want my damn moth already.
>>
>>343261543
>creative

lmfao you fucking moron, this is like playing a CUHRAZY game with no combos+ being invincible
>>
>>343271592
Also all this battery drain mang. Ima run out of copper.
>>
Any of you had items mysteriously disappear? I had to make a new knife the second time I launched the game and my spare battery vanished from my inventory some time later.
>>
>>343271765
>>343271592
you can literally create battery and power cell chargers
>>
Thanks for your input OP even if others aren't appreciating your feedback.

Still deciding whtether to get this game.
>>
>>343271936
After you find the blueprints, which are in wrecks a long ass way from the pod.
>>
How long does it take to find all the research pieces for a god damn submarine? Ive been diving to the bottom of the ocean like a god damn pillgrim for hours.
>>
File: 2016-06-30_00008.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-30_00008.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>343269846
Waifu Shrine here
>>
>>343263095
He looks like a dwarf.
>>
>>343272680
Cyclops or Seamoth?

Seamoth is always close together. The Hull and Dock for the Cyclops are around the crash site while the Engine is more inward
>>
>>343272173
I found it before the seamoth

It isn't even close to the wreck
>>
File: tumblr_n8l3gq3Ygs1qza1qzo1_500.gif (395 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8l3gq3Ygs1qza1qzo1_500.gif
395 KB, 500x500
I try to be honest when I use the refund features.

If a game costs $2 and is one hour long, that perfectly fair to me.

If a game lists on it's store page exactly what it is and it delivers, I don't do a refund.

Even if I know I will never play it ever again.

It's seems completely fucking unfair to let people refund a game that's less than two hours long.

If a game is cheap, less than two hours is fine.

I would understand being upset if you paid $80 for a two hour long game, but $2?

It's fucking idiotic. A game can be 5 minutes long for all I care as long as it's priced well.

And yet these same people will go and buy the latest rehashed COD at full price on day one.

Fuck em all.
>>
>>343273084
Yeah, I was thinking of the vehicle bay. Still the couple times I've passed through the plateaus I havent seen any fragments and its still a valid point that the seaglide drains batteries like fuck.
>>
>>343272792

>subnautica fags are bronies

don't know what i expected
>>
>>343272792
Why does that duck have big pink lips?
>>
File: 20160630090842_1.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160630090842_1.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>>343273542
We don't all have shit taste in waifus don't worry
>>
>>343261543
>>343262308
Fuck off, something is wrong with you, not the game you over-analyzing faggot.
>>
Why did I feel safer in my Seamoth than I do in my Cyclops I just got.

also cyclops is a bitch to control. I took it to the island was this a mistake
>>
>>343274385

Because the seamoth is a nice, comfy, confined space whereas the cyclops is big and open and the cockpit doesn't lock so anything could get in and sneak up on you
>>
>>343273719
>>343269571
why is everyone stuck in 2008, still using faggot as an insult when theres much more modern and more triggering words to use. not even gays get triggered by faggot
>>
>>343274583
Fuck off you prancing la-la homo man
>>
>>343274563
i guess

What about taking it (with a Seamoth) to the floating island
>>
Should I get Subnautica?

I'm afraid it's one of those play for a few hours and never touch again type deals.
>>
>>343274672
whatever you say pajeet
>>
>>343274672
Don't you ever,EVER call me that again.
First and last warning.
>>
File: Subnautical.png (26 KB, 236x101) Image search: [Google]
Subnautical.png
26 KB, 236x101
>>343274736
I do a new playthrough every few patches which is pretty fun, but right now there's around 8 hours of content at least, if you fuck around with a base then that can shoot up to 15 easily, and if you want to discover everything then you'll be playing for weeks
>>
>>343262308
>the game has like 1 whole "crafting table" for almost all items

That is wrong, there is at least 4. 3 "real ones" since I don't really consider the vehicle fabricator to be one.

Anyway you're retarded, you went into a survival game, turned on god mode with unlimited resources and are complaining about the content without any of the learning experiences of the game, it's like playing a competitive game while cheating and saying the game sucks.
>>
>>343266618

Say in your refund message that the online community isn't active in your region and that you were waiting an hour to even get in the server.
>>
>>343261543
friend has been playing it. I torrented it today.

op you are a dumb faggot.
>>
>>343275558
was considering buying it cause of all the threads on /v/ even though I never touch early access.

Now you got me all confused OP. Should I just wait?
>>
File: BaiFXRq.png (266 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BaiFXRq.png
266 KB, 600x600
>>343269571
not him but you should probably be a nicer person anon. I'm sure it would do you some good. I mean that too. btw call your mom and tell her you love her. you need some love anon
>>
File: 1414272830981.gif (2 MB, 336x167) Image search: [Google]
1414272830981.gif
2 MB, 336x167
>>343274875
>>
>>343275772
Pirate it. If you like it, buy it.
>>
File: 1416016915824.jpg (66 KB, 559x598) Image search: [Google]
1416016915824.jpg
66 KB, 559x598
>>343275772
torrent it, if you like it. buy it. or just keep playing the free version.
>>
>>343275517
They didn't care.
They just went "4 hours playtime, exceeds 2 hour limit for refunds."
>>
>>343275902

That's odd since I've seen people get refunds for games that have been played for 7+ hours

Try emailing support
>>
>>343275948
I'll try a new refund request.
>>
>>343261543
Stopped reading.
>>
>>343262308
>the exploration isn't as rewarding as people say: it's a premade map so you don't feel like your experience is unique

what the fuck?
>>
>>343276504
Premade map. All biome locations are static, your starting location isn't, but you're always somewhere in the "Safe Reef"
>>
>>343261646
Why would you buy any game you can pirate?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.