[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game franchises that you only complete because of a sense of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Tomb_Raider_II.png (155 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Raider_II.png
155 KB, 300x373
Game franchises that you only complete because of a sense of duty.

I fucking hate pic related, seriously, TR1 is uninteresting as shit, TR2 is tedious as shit. TR3 is even more tedious with the extremely open levels but only 1 actual path and TLR sucks with its fucking "open world". Ironically I find chronicles to be the most enjoyable game from the old series.
>>
>>343260339

I bought the entire TR collection last year and so far I've only beaten 1 and 2, it took me like 6 months to be 2, not because it was hard but because it had aged terribly.
>>
File: legend (12).jpg (908 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
legend (12).jpg
908 KB, 1280x1024
>>343260601
>it had aged terribly
I want to play original series after the legend trilogy, where I'm missing a lot of jumps even with easy modern controls. So I imagine that originals would be more like a torture than fun.
>>
>>343261276

Original has tank controls and movement is geometrically perfect, meaning you have to jump on precise spots to make it.
>>
>>343261276

Legend isn't a trilogy, it's just legend and underworld.

Anniversary is a TR1 remake.
>>
File: TombRaiderTrilogy.jpg (58 KB, 655x481) Image search: [Google]
TombRaiderTrilogy.jpg
58 KB, 655x481
>>343261498
Well, i should have used "tomb raider trilogy" term.
>>
>>343260339
everyone hated the classic tomb raider because she was to elite and good at everything so noone could relate to her. The new lara croft is ten times better because if we ask her out she might say yes while the original croft would never give us the time of day.
>>
>>343261638
Old one was into men at least.
>>
>>343261638
>relate to her
>being intimidated by pixels
So this is what Jesus said "the meek shall inherit the earth"

The jews.. were right.
>>
>>343261776
>Old one was into men at least.
You would never have a chance with the original croft she was super smart, super athletic and good at everything only chads get grills like that.

New lara is better waifu since she is just average like a girl next door meaning we could actually talk to her and she wouldnt freak out judging us because we didnt have a job or might be a little over weight.
>>
>>343260339
>Game franchises that you only complete because of a sense of duty.
MGS 3, DMC 3
>>
>>343261638
>new lara croft is out hunting to survive
>climbs mountains of snow, rocks and people shooting at her
>she can turn a stick and string bow into a compound bow with more sticks and strings with the magic of campfires
>if this was a fallout game she would have 10 LUC
How is the new lara croft anymore relateable to the Batgirl we knew before, again?
>>
>>343260339
that lara had a fake body and noone has boobs like that. new lara is realistic with a normal body which is way hotter since shes almost like a real person.
>>
>>343261276
Movement in the early games was grid based so it was easy to time running jumps and it was nearly impossible to overshoot or undershoot landing on platforms because of this.

Level design got steadily worse with each successive game after the first one though, with death traps all over the place and limited save options.
>>
The Steam TR's are almost unplayable

Still love them they just take me fucking ages to beat
>>
>>343260339
original lara games sucked she didnt even have a bow. She was a spoiled brat using guns when using a bow takes skill to master which is why the new games are better since real gamers want to use a weapon that is realistic since noone is allowed to run around just killing everyone in sight with guns blazing like the old games.
>>
File: 1422131680699.jpg (295 KB, 991x2042) Image search: [Google]
1422131680699.jpg
295 KB, 991x2042
>>343262093
>that b8 again
>>
>>343260339
only casuals played the originals, the epic story and character background in the reboot is far superior showing how Lara struggles to become a woman in a hostile world rising from the ashes as a victim to overcome her fears as we go through this journey to womanhood with her.
>>
>>343261898

Actually I think a lot of normal men would have a chance with her, she doesn't seem to be into chads at all. Granted it would pretty much be a femdom relationship but you'd still get to fuck her.

Like, I can imagine she is into shy and nerdy boys, literally nerdy not just paste glasses
>>
>>343260339
Silent Hill and Resident Evil
>be a kid sleeping over at buddies house
>playing RE2 for the first time taking turns
>middle of the night
>lights off
>scream at jump scares and have a good ole time
>grow up
>RE4 comes out
>hey its still a resident evil and my buddy isnt around anymore
>RE5 comes out
>well.. just think of the good times
>the other messes come out I play them just because
Same thing happened with the Silent Hill games.

But counter to your experience with tomb raiders, as a kid I just played them for the large breasted woman on the front and used cheats to get through the game. now as an adult I rather enjoyed the older games without cheats as long as I had time to explore everything and whatnot
>>
File: 1352659631195.jpg (337 KB, 1086x2026) Image search: [Google]
1352659631195.jpg
337 KB, 1086x2026
>>343262230
Is that the random chick that posted on some /v/ thread years ago?
>>
>>343262479
>Like, I can imagine she is into shy and nerdy boys, literally nerdy not just paste glasses
not at that level of the game brah, you think arianna grande is going after some neckbeard? you better think again and the old croft was the same way. thats why everyone loves the new lara more because she is down to earth and we can relate to her on a personal level so we could actually score with her.
>>
>>343262618
those are fake no real man would want a girl with implants. I want a girl who is natural like me and accepts me for who I am without judging people on weight.
>>
>>343262281
You used "casuals" wrong in this instance. The new tomb raider games are easy and fuck and you have a literal built in cheat thing for hints and walkthroughs.
>>
>>343262713
the old ones were casual anyone could beat them if they played enough. the new ones require skill and a good controller or you can just quit typing now.
>>
>>343261776
I have very hazy memories, but I got the impression the first game implied that Larson was her ex.
>>
>>343262883
But I just played rise of the tomb raider from the steam sale and played the original years ago. Q to win. Q to see where to go. Q to see where your enemies are in thick bush/night/snow/etc.

Also I do believe you moved the goalposts because your original point was not the difficulty of the game, but the lack of a rape victim crybaby lara.

I was just correcting you that you used the term "casual" improperly.
>>
>>343260339
Why do you have a sense of duty towards a series your obviously just aren't that into? If you don't like any of the first three games then TR just doesn't appeal to you.

>>343261276
The jumping in the originals really isn't bad once you figure it out. It shouldn't take long to 'click' and after that you wont even have to think about it.
>>
I like the first three, I would play them all the time when my father was asleep. He didn't like me playing them at my age tho.
>>
>>343262709
Its hot as shit m8, emphasizes the female features.
>>
>>343262618
I've no idea, just saved this picture from one of the threads like this.
>>
>>343263326
>>343262709
I see this argument on here all the time.
"Wow this girl doesnt have boobs, she needs implants." "but implants aren't real, so she should feel bad for being born" "I like flat" THEN "Wow this girl has big tits but they're fake, gross." "WOW TITS" "Why aren't they natural?"
Which one is it faggots?
>>
>>343262709
If you see someone with shoes on, do you call them out for having fake feet on?
>>
>>343263772
Maybe those were all responses from different people :-)
>>
>>343264064
Fuck off, I've seen the same person say all these things outside of /v/. So I assume it's common on /v/ too. I for one, do not care what you do to your body because it's not my body.
>>
>>343263889
fake feet? you mean shoes that look like feet people wear on their feet? Its annoying as hell its feet on feet, or more like foot feet. the whole thing never made sense and people who wear them probably have an ulterior motive if that is what your getting at.
>>
>>343264674
Yeah exactly when you think about it like intellectuals like ourselves do, people who use socks, sandals, shoes and boots are people who are just not confidant enough
#footprisons
>>
>>343262883

Holy shit I know this is fucking bait but im answering because this is why I fucking despise ROTTR.

>Lara can take enough bullets to bring down a T90 on the hardest difficulty
>insta max heals
>permanent highlighting vision
>permanent perk that fucking paints traps RED so that you can never fall on one
>perk that highlights when you're going to get a headshot
>absolutely magnetic lara even floating upwards to grap a ledge despite clearly missing the jump
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.