[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm baffled at how absolutely dead this game is on PC.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: original.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
I'm baffled at how absolutely dead this game is on PC.

>search Team Deathmatch
>find lobby with one guy
>get out
>try again
>got put in the same lobby
>get out
>try again
>got put in the same lobby
>try searching ANY other game mode, both core and hardcore
>not a single match found
>spent about 15 minutes in one match waiting for one person to join to balance the teams or some crap even though we were 8

And they are seriously planning to release dedicated servers and mod tools now?
When the entire playerbase is gone?
They made the same mistake with Black Ops 1 and not a single one used the mod tools.
>>
>>343257516
Maybe you just picked a bad day to play
>>
>>343257797
http://steamcharts.com/app/311210

It's not dead.
Well, dead in comparison to console version, but 3K at the lowest is damn fine.
>>
>>343257516
Name one FPS with a better twist in its campaign than this.

Protip: you can't.
>>
Its CoD, no one plays on PC. I don't understand why my roommate continues to sit and play this on my PC and complains he can never find a search and destroy game, so he grumbles and plays TD all the time.

You could easily find the playerbase on console if you really like the game that much. It became a mainly console oriented game a long time ago, I highly doubt that is changing any time soon.
>>
>>343258094
Who gives a fuck about the plot.
>>
>>343258094
You mean the bootleg MGS-tier twist?
Don't even know why they called this Black Ops.
>>
>>343258143
Call of Duty is in direct competition with Hollywood. The Christ killers down in New Jerusalem are scratching their mutilated heads to try and figure out why their shit is bombing while CoD makes billions.
>>343258259
More like that meta-narrative that rivals NieR and Spec Ops: The Line
>>
>>343258398
>More like that meta-narrative that rivals NieR and Spec Ops: The Line
Meta narrative.
Oh yes, you are actually dead, and the entire goddamn plot is explained in some text that's fast-forwarded, such meta.
>>
>>343258478
Don't forget the Baten Kaitos tier of having a living entity be controlled by an unseen force removed from the real world, only for said person to rebel directly against you.
>>
>>343258592
Dude, the entire plot is simple as fuck, and the ''twist'' is literally explained to you, in your face, with a fuckload of text.
There's no meta or any merit when you need to explain everything about a story to the audience.
The twist is there for the sake of having a twist.
Can't believe they ditched the choice system for this crap.
>>
>>343258687
It's a commentary, the way the plot is told and the fact that they went something that is so uncompromising if taken at face value is worth applauding.

But I agree, the campaign is a major disappointment compared to 2 and is a massive step back in terms of freedom and choices actually having meaning. Not to mention the fact that it barely ties into the first two. They should have made a proper sequel and then made this as a side story under a new title.

The actual gameplay was great though, wallrunning, cyber abilities, sliding and so on, not to mention how a lot of the levels were pretty open at parts.
>>
>its been a year or more since the release of this cod
>WHY IS IT DEAD
Welcome to yearly releases.
>>
>>343259068
Plenty of matches on MW2 and MW3 can still be found on 360, PC CoD is just dead as always
>>
>>343259068
>a year or more
this is the newest one. it's been half a year
>>
>>343259068
Post pics of that thick Mei cosplayer you fugged.
>>
I don't know about multiplayer but the single player is unplayable for me. At launch the game had awful stuttering making the game unplayable but they fixed it shortly after. But when I started the game back up again recently I was in the base you have and the game was doing the same stuttering, making it unplayable.

At least I bought it on a key site but I would have liked the game to actually be playable whenever I felt like playing it.
>>
>>343259068
It came out 7 months ago.
>>
>horrible graphics and textures
>horribleness optimization
>literal 45+ minute glorified tutorial that even explains in detail how to perform a melee attack
>loads you down with loads of useless abilities
>can literally see through walls removing every speak of difficulty
>horrible writing, plot, and pacing
>even more linear and scripted then before
>animations are on par with a cheap indie game

Literally the worst cod
>>
>>343257516
Thats because blops3 is shit and everyone went back to AW
>>
>>343260005
AW is even deader.
>>
>>343257797

It's been dead since forever. You haven't been able to play most of the game modes since launch.
>>
>>343259957
It doesn't look that bad. Though for how it runs it does I guess. Worse than Advanced Warfare but it still looks fine. It also has character legs and shadow which people on /v/ always wish games had.
>>
It's dead for a few reasons.
>Runs like shit
>No custom servers/mod tools (but that's apparently changing)
>Shit playerbase (par for the course for modern CoD)
>Piss-poor management on PC
>>
>>343257516
CoD is a console series now
>>
>>343259142
>retards actually playing FPS on consoles over PC
Console users need to be executed.
Thanks god I don't play multiplayer FPS.
>>
>>343258094
Modern Warfare 2
>>
>>343260034
It's also a much better game.
>>
>>343259142
I can still find TDM on MW2 PC. Haven't tried to get one on MW3 lately though.
>>
>>343261184
Don't forget the "BUY THE SUPPLY DROPS GOY" mentality Treyarch has now.
>>
>>343261781
Which is ironic considering they said they would drop that.
>>
Mine one day started crashing after the launch cinematics and after reinstall didn't help I decided I couldn't be bothered going any further with troubleshooting for it
>>
>>343257516
its not DEAD per se,

10k peak is more than enough to find comfortable matches
>>
>>343263746
Supposedly it's at 3k now and I keep having trouble finding matches.
Not going to get IW because it'll be just more TD.
>>
it was dead from the beginning. there were like 2-3 game modes with players, rest were dead

game is shit. wish they just remade mw2 or mw1
>>
>>343257516
Play Warface
>>
>>343257516
Why do shitters on the pc only play tdm and domination?
>>
Recently I have had a desire for a good old FPS multiplayer. Which CoD or other FPS series game would be best for a regular game of casual fun? No dead communities or super futuristic shit.
>>
File: 1465783155671.gif (296 KB, 279x530) Image search: [Google]
1465783155671.gif
296 KB, 279x530
>>343257516
It's a bug, Shit happens to me like every 1/10 times I play. Restart the game and you should be able to find matches normally
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.