[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did Blizzard decide to throw the majority of the lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: art pulled off google.jpg (1 MB, 5118x2174) Image search: [Google]
art pulled off google.jpg
1 MB, 5118x2174
So why did Blizzard decide to throw the majority of the lore for this game away? I know it was meant to be an MMO at some point, but was there really no other way to expand the world besides through some descriptions on a website and a handful of videos?
Still looking for people to make a Overwatch group on Xbox One.
Have two people who consistently play, but ones gone on vacation. Mics preferred, but not required. Gamertag is brianc36.
>>
Who gives a shit about the lore for a multiplayer shooter

did you need reasons for why RED and BLU were fighting each other in TF2
>>
>>343252314
yes. yes we did.
>>
>>343252314

TF2 was better when it was a visually interesting Cold War joke with no concrete plot. All the wacky internet hat shit ruined it.
>>
>>343252314
The lore in TF2 is pretty amusing, the "Meet the" videos were absolutely hilarious and gave the characters vivid personalities.

The lore in Overwatch is an after-note that has virtually nothing to do with the game itself, the ingame dialogue is soulless and generic.
>>
games with characters sell better to normies than games with no story that are strictly for fun.
>>
>>343252314
If they have some story, why not go all the way with it?
Also TF2 became better once they added that lore.
>>
>>343252205
It's only been a month. They're sure to expand upon the lore in due time, unless there's an official source out there that says otherwise.
>>
>>343254208
Thanks for telling your shitty opinion to everyone.
>>
>>343254208
>muh hats: the game
maybe it was before but it sure isn't now
>>
>>343255154
>>343256000
I honestly apologize. That's just my opinion. If you enjoy TF2, I am happy for you.
>>
>>343254474
This can't wait a month!
>>
I know the game has been stated to be non-canonical, but why did they set up a conflict in the lore when you can't even have a proper 6 v 6 of any situation?
>Most are ex-Overwatch
>The next largest groups are well-meaning people, with Symmetra questioning whether the company she works for is actually good
>One confirmed Talon member, Reaper is likely another but could just be a hired gun/ using Talon
>The two aussies are chaotic bandits with no formal affiliations
>Hanzo quit the criminal organization he used to be with to atone for "killing" his brother, so most likely completely neutral
And I don't think there's enough firm opinions from the cast on Omnics to even have a full anti-omnic team either
>>
>>343252205
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludonarrative
>>
Blizzard's writing is lame and dumb anyway. The goofy fanon shit is way more fun.
>>
>>343256851
Like OP said, it was originally supposed to be an MMO.
>>
>>343256983
>he didn't play Warcraft 3
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.