[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uh... What?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: inside.jpg (29 KB, 1440x798) Image search: [Google]
inside.jpg
29 KB, 1440x798
Uh...

What?
>>
Huh?
>>
Oh
>>
It's a "game"
You know
>>
>>343252627
Hello?
>>
File: inside.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
inside.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
A very deep game.
>>
File: Forest.gif (1 MB, 800x410) Image search: [Google]
Forest.gif
1 MB, 800x410
>>
>>343252762

>2.75 MB
>>
File: 2284341-darkness.png (3 MB, 1204x1223) Image search: [Google]
2284341-darkness.png
3 MB, 1204x1223
>>343252627
I mean, it had some good puzzle platforming elements. It kind of reminded me of Heart of Darkness.

The ending was just really out of nowhere. You basically become Kaneda in the end of Akira and rampage through the facility before escaping and falling out of the side of a mountain and rolling to the shore of a body of water, and then the game just ends.
>>
File: Farm.gif (3 MB, 800x410) Image search: [Google]
Farm.gif
3 MB, 800x410
>>
>>343252893
Er wait shit, It's been a million years since I've seen Akira. I meant Tetsuo.
>>
>>343252878
That's how Xbox screenshots are taken. Not converting them for the sake of a few MB.
>>
File: Approach.gif (562 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
Approach.gif
562 KB, 800x400
>>
>>343252158
"From the makers of Limbo" was all I needed to see to click "Not Interested"
>>
File: Pool.gif (864 KB, 800x410) Image search: [Google]
Pool.gif
864 KB, 800x410
>>
>>343253192
>implying limbo wasn't anything short of a masterpiece
>>
>>343253361
It was a masterpiece at being short.
>>
>>343253192
That seems a little close-minded. The "story" in Limbo was navelgazing bullshittery but the gameplay was solid. You're missing out if you think the game can't be enjoyed because the story is 2deep4u
>>
File: Headlights.gif (3 MB, 800x410) Image search: [Google]
Headlights.gif
3 MB, 800x410
>>
>>343253456
The puzzles were simplistic as fuck physics gimmicks we've seen a million times before, and the game itself took about 4 hours on your first playthrough. It really wasn't anything to write home about.
>>
>>343253456
>those crazy hard collectibles in the 360 version

I never knew this game could be so frustrating yet engaging enough to keep playing .
>>
Sure is edgy in this thread, /v/ loved limbo.
>>
>>343253540
This.
>>
>>343253540
My record is about 1 hour but I died once near the end. The games are so short.
>>
The ending actually made me sad for some reason
>>
>>343253252

Oh look world of warcraft
>>
>>343253624
>/v/ had a collective opinion about ________
Stop. A million users visit this board every day, and they all have different opinions. /v/ is not a hivemind, you dipshit.
>>
I didn't get too creeped out like Limbo. Maybe because Limbo had more creepy crawly insect things and a giant ass spider with a kiwi fruit body.
>>
Spoil the plot for Inside for me. Looks like one of those games where you find out the boy is a monster at the end of the game
>>
OUT
OF
>>
>>343254726
>Inside
>Plot
It really doesn't have one. The boy infiltrates some kind of big secret science facility with all sorts of spooky experiments, then you merge with a wriggling ball of arms and legs and wreck up the place before leaving and hanging out next to the ocean.
>>
>>343254942
GOTY
>>
the last 20 minutes of the game...

even if i had paid 40 bucks i would have no regrets.

even with the non-ending.

I dont give a shit, that last 20 minutes jesus christ
>>
File: oxenfreeraw.0.0.jpg (91 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
oxenfreeraw.0.0.jpg
91 KB, 1600x900
Major spoiler coming for an amazing game

Seriously just go pirate it at least, this game is built on it's art and pacing. This will ruin it mostly

Ok, so this is what happened. Seriously last warning, this will ruin the experience. Don't say I didn't warnyou. This is intended for people who finished the game.

Humans have started to go insane on genetic splicing and are now working on humans.
You are actually an escaped hivemind CPU trying to get back to your 'blob', not some curious small child. This is why everyone is literally trying to kill you at all cost. The scientist know how dangerous you are and that you could end the world by absorbing all life. All of the hivemind brain dead test subjects are trying to get you connected with the blob to start your global domination, even the mermaid people are trying to drag you down the the machine that gives you gills so you can swim under the blob and retake it

It doesn't come all together until you've sat down for a few minutes and thought it over once the credits rolled. It's a pretty intense ride. I'd highly recommend Oxenfree if you want more of this type of game. It's in the same ballpark. Inside is a solid 9/10 and a contender for GOTY. It's not just artsy shit, it's actually really well done and the attention to detail in the end was crazy.
>>
>>343257351
It's a nice theory but it's fanwank. There is nothing that makes this any more valid than me saying "it's an allegory for being born because you, a defenseless male creature (sperm) penetrate a massive complex that will most likely kill you (the female body) but against all odds make it to a fleshy orb in the center that absorbs you (egg) and then you emerge and wreak havoc on the world (birth and the human experience)"

My dumb theory I just made up holds exactly as much water as yours does. The game does not have a story. The only meaning the events in the game have are those you personally ascribe.
>>
is this some 1984 shit?
>>
>>343258054
This is why it's a good game anon, I like your theory. Mines just a blunt approach. Half way through I realized I no longer wanted to look for any symbolism or anything and just see if it's unfolding as it is. It's probably something along the lines of what you said tho.
>>
>>343252762
Is that a flesh mass?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.