[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Ocean 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459739258051.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459739258051.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
So now that the dust has settled, and nearly every review of it is a fucking disaster. How many of you are enjoying the game?
>>
How bad is it? Or how is it compared to the last hope/till the end of time.
>>
>>343248525
I haven't either. But the main complaint I've been hearing is undeveloped characters and bad story.
>>
>>343248671
So, basically, a typical nintendo game.
Shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>343248914
>Nintendo
what
>>
I wish people wouldnt blow things out of proportion so I can actually grasp an idea on how the game really is

Is it better than the previous one?
>>
How does the combat work? From all the gameplay videos I've seen they don't really talk about it. I know there's that pause menu you can be specific but other than that how does it work? Do you just press X, Square and Circle to cast moves?
>>
>>343249083
SO4 is the absolute rock bottom in terms of quality. Yes.
>>
>>343249083
SO4
>decent combat
SO5
>decent combat
>no annoying characters
>no one named Edge Maverick
That's all you need to know when comparing the two really.
>>
>>343249083
Yes it's better than 4 but it's still not very good. Those amazon.jp reviews weren't just a joke. Neither were the importer reviews.
>>
I got the game for a decent price new on ebay ($40) and it arrived today. It is fun to play based on the four hours i've played and if the issue is game length then I won't be too disappointed because i'll grind monkey the shit out of it over time. Battles are fairly basic and the only thing interesting on the table is the move cancelling system to increase damage and give incentive to risk taking. It has a nice amount of customization in the form of roles (four slots, they tweak the characters AI and stats at the same time) and there is a lot of choices to make as far as specialization goes until you elect to grind enough to eliminate said choice. SO5 is pretty nice looking too, mostly in the cloth physics and characters themselves to be fair, but the environments don't look like shit.

I wanna say Mikis looks contrast hard with nearly every other character in the game so far. I have no idea what they were thinking with her.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.