[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT We design Overwatch characters - preferably no backgrounds/appearances,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: 1465660781223.png (956 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1465660781223.png
956 KB, 1200x939
>ITT
We design Overwatch characters - preferably no backgrounds/appearances, strictly mechanical design please, for everyone's sake - and let other anons tell us why we are a fucking retard for the choices we make and why they won't work.

I'll start
>Support
Main form of attack is a long range pea shooter, little damage dropoff, and does 15/30 base. Secondary fire is mid-rof full auto, similar to widow but able to keep the damage over distance

First ability is a close up single target speed boost that lasts 10 seconds, with a cooldown of 3. Used mainly to make pushes after a wipe. Cannot be used on self.
Second ability gives a DPS boost by a little less than Mercy, but with the same duration and cooldown as the speed buff, and can't self target still.
Ult is an insta cooldown reset on all nearby friendlies, distance similar to Zarya's and obviously just cooldowns not ults. Time to charge is relatively fast; probably 5-6 in an average game.
The idea would be to hang back and give your team a hug as they run by while you are on defense, and take potshots through lines of sight.

I really just want to see cool down reduction added as a support feature. My initial thought was an area on the ground that charged cooldowns faster, but that was clearly too much.
>>
>strictly mechanical design please
Aww no more Sonic OCs this time?
>>
I know less than shit about Overwatch but here I go:

>Attack/Support combo
>Main attack is a bull charge, heavy damage
>Can attack from long range with thrown weapons, weak damage
>High hit points, but has a 'Balance Meter', taking big hits results in tripping and falling
>Special ability buffs nearby allies by a certain amount for a certain time period
>Each kill adds to the special meter, bull charge kills earn more special
>higher special meter means higher buffs for longer duration
>>
>Mad scientist
>Support
>First ability sends out syringes towards allies in a cone like Genji's shuriken
>second ability throws down concoctions which either heal or give shields
>only effects people in a close radius, maybe 5-10m
>ultimate makes a huge potion which causes an AOE healing and shield explosion, but it has a 2 second charge time so he can be easily killed when using it
>>
File: hazmatguy.jpg (10 KB, 107x188) Image search: [Google]
hazmatguy.jpg
10 KB, 107x188
>>343240132

Hazmat

100 HP/150 Shields

Passive - Poison - All of Hazmat's attacks add at least one stack of Poison. A target can have a maximum of 7 Poison stacks. Each Poison stack deals 3 damage/sec for 8 seconds for a total of 24 damage. At the maximum of 7 stacks, Poison can deal 21 damage/second for 8 seconds.
Poison reduces all healing done by 50%. Poison can be purged completely.
Adding a new stack while Poison is in effect will refresh Poison's duration, even if at maximum. Poison does not deal damage the instant it is applied, but will always deal damage every second, regardless of when it was refreshed.

tl;dr: All of Hazmat's attacks add a DoT that deals 3-21 damage/sec for 8 seconds. Cuts healing in half, but can be purged.

LM - Fumethrower - Shoots out a massive, long reaching fume. Initially deals 8 damage/sec, but deals more damage the more Poison a unit has. Can deal up to 56 damage/sec. Can only add 1 stack/sec.
This fume is not blocked by units. This fume can bounce off of surfaces, including shields, for half the range. This fume can hurt the user, but does not inflict Poison.

RM - Slime - Lobs slime in an arc that cover the ground. Low range, but can be charged for extra distance. Targets that are directly hit by the slime while firing gain 2 stacks of Poison and is slowed for 5 seconds. Ground that has Slime on it adds a stack of Poison for every second while slowing and dealing 4 damage/sec for every Poison stack on the target. Covers the ground for 10 seconds.

LS - Smoke - Shoots out thick smoke that lingers in an area for 10 seconds. Smoke adds a stack of Poison for each second while leaving a lingering blind for 1 second.
>>
>>343243151
E - Infecting Cannon - Small canister that deals 7 damage for each stack of Poison on the target, plus an additional 20 damage. Reapplies any DoT and effects Fumigator has currently applied on the enemy unit and any other enemy unit around it.

Q - Silent Killer - Small guided needle designates a target as a Vector for 5 seconds, displaying the amount of targets within range in the HUD. Does not give an indicator of position through obstacles. Press Q again to activate the ult, instantly poisoning all enemies in an area around the Vector. The enemy cannot see or hear Hazmat using his ult, but the poison's effect is delayed for 8 seconds. Adds 5 Poison stacks while increasing recoil for 8 seconds.
>>
I just want a character with a semi automatic rifle
>>
>>343243151
DoT in FPS's is the most annoying thing in the fucking world.

Please see Thorn in Destiny and rethink your position before we all die of cancer.
>>
>>343243396
I have and I love it. I always use major DoT whenever I can.
>>
I want a clown
>>
>>343243543
You should not be allowed to offer an ideas on anything ever.

You obviously are a sadist who gets joy out of making their opponent have the most unfun time possible.
>>
need some wolfman or woman to attract furies
>>
>>343243151
I like cutting all healing, but the poison seems a bit too strong. I see this idea as more of "cut heals and slow them while keeping them from hitting max health again with a little DoT" not really too much killing being done
>>
A spooky ghost from WW1, armed with a bolt gun
LM: Fire
RM: Bayonet
Shift: Remember The Good Men You Lost And Hold Back The Tears
E: See The Endless Nature Of War And Hold Back The Tears
Ult: Unleash the Madness of PTSD upon all other players
>>
>>343243565
I want a clown too
>>
File: 1456606541115.jpg (206 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1456606541115.jpg
206 KB, 700x700
>>343243151
>Adding a new stack while Poison is in effect will refresh Poison's duration, even if at maximum.

This is too much. The chip potential for such an ability would ruin matches and turn offence in to a bitter slog.
>>
>>343243396
I would rather eat a bag of shit then revisit that crucible meta man. I played scrims for a while before I left and it was predominantly Thorn still
>>
>>343243782
>>343243565
i too would like a clown
>>
>>343244019
What if it's a lady clown?
>>
>>343244079
no i just want a clown
>>
>>343244213
A sexy lady clown in latex? With a sultry Scottish accent?
>>
How about a fire based character without a flamethrower
>Regular fire would be a moderate speed fireball with a small splash radius. Direct hits deal damage and put an on fire DoT while splashes only do DoTs. Projectilewouldhave nodamage dropoff, but it would be affected by gravity over long range
>Secondary would be a short range explosion, on big burst dealing larger damage and DoT, but with really shorg range. Has cooldown. Like Lucios secondary
>First ability would be a fire wall. Going through it deals damage and gives fireDoT, but doesnt stop movement or projectiles like Meis wall. Area denial against squishies but tanks coukd charge through it without to much worry. Hardcountered by Zaryas shields.
>Second ability would be a super jump of an explosion, deals damage to anyone near the launch point.

Not sure what the Ult would be though, probably something about being on fire and shit. Probably a pyromaniac type character.
>>
A character who can dig underground and move through walls
>>
A character, maybe make him a magician or something, who has the ability to reverse the enemy team's attacks. His primary fire could be a deck of cards, and the secondary could be a fan of cards thrown in a diagonal line. His E attack would be a card that reverses an enemy in general. A mercy's heal and damage boost would become damage and damage down. If you got it past, a shield would become a damage amplifier, and most enemies attacks would become health to the enemy team, and the reversal also affects the controls of the player. It lasts for 2-3 seconds, can only lock onto 1 enemy, and has a cooldown of 15 seconds. His L-shift would create a tiny reversal shield that turns all incoming fire into incoming health, and the shield can only convert 300 damage before it breaks. Cooldown of 10 seconds. The ult would temporarily create a field of reversal, around half the circumference of Mei's blizzard, in which all enemies are reversed. Any damage that goes through the field is also reversed, and the field stays there for 8 second, but the ult buildup is decently long.
>>
Radical Larry
>>
Spooky omnic scarecrow

Has low hp, but instead of ammo he has six robo crows which circle him and grant an amount of armour each. They can be fired forwards like zenyattas orbs dealing a large amount of damage but also removing the armour they provide. They slowly regenerate over time.

His shift leaves behind a scarecrow which draws bullets/ fire and stealths him for a few seconds during which he cannot attack.

His E instantly refills his crows back to six for burst damage/ survival

His ultimate is to target an enemy, which he then flies towards mercy style ( little bit slower though). If he reaches them, he sacrifices himself to kill them instantly
>>
>>343244825
That sounds way too complicated
>>
So far.

>>343240132
Shit.

>>343242061
Shit.

>>343242726
Shit

>>343243151
>>343243253
Cool.

>>343243769
Ok.

>>343244587
So so.

>>343244667
>>343245073
10/10

>>343244825
Shit.

>>343245201
Ok.
>>
>>343243653
Yeah.

>>343243794
>>343243731
I could make it harder to stack poison in the first place. Perhaps require contact with a target for at least 0.5 seconds before adding poison, then 1 second of contact for every other stack?

The damage from unstacked poison is pretty negligible, but you should die (as an offense class anyways) if you get sprayed for 7 seconds straight.
It needs to be better than Winston's taser, but not by a great deal. Right now Taser deals 56 dps while Fumethrower ramps up to 56 dps + poison dps = 77 dps.
Still, I could reduce the duration. 5 seconds is an eternity now that I think about it.
>>
>>343243151
he was reworked into Mei, doesnt necessarily mean hes gone
>>
>>343245771
That's what I'm hoping for, famtachi.
>>
>>343240132
why is she so smug
>>
So it's a character with an LMG. Damage stats are similar to Widowmaker's full auto mode, but with a huge ammo pool and they'd probably be a tank with lots of HP.

The gun has a passive side effect that lets it pass some of it's damage through barriers to deal small damage to things on the other side of it. So if you shoot at a Reinhardt's shield, 10 damage will hit the shield and the remaining 3 will go through the shield and damage people behind it. The idea here is that it's not enough damage to make the shield completely ill-relevant, as to someone like Reinhardt with 500 HP, 3 damage a shot is nothing, but it'll fuck up people who are hiding behind a shield at low health.

It's just a start really, the character would still need a Shift/E/Q ability.
>>
>>343247115
I can see something like this being a thing if people start abusing Zarya.
>>
Boxer Hero
>Auto attack are punches, like faster Rein swings, for maybe 50 damage each
>Shift is a dodge Like Mcree, bit shorter distance. He stores charges of these up to 2-3. He takes 50% less damage when dodging, and when you attack right after a dodge you shoot out a faster attack
>The fun part comes because depending on the direction you move out of a dodge, you perform different moves with different reaches and damage; such as Haymakers, uppercuts, and hooks.
>His E button can be a defensive/utility move. Gives him increased speed/damage, whatever works best. Can't think of anything unique enough
>His Q is a superjumppunch where he flies forward, think little mac's forward B from smash. Hits everyone along the way with a sweeping strike for 100-300 damage, depending on balancing. Anyone who isn't killed is hunched over from the power of the shot and slowed by 50% for a few seconds.
>And give him metal boxing gloves
>>
>>343247724

It'd be kind of a gamble against Zarya, because you'd be giving her 50% charge to only do 50-60 damage to whoever is shielded.
>>
STEP ASIDE, SCRUBS. LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO DESIGN A CHARACTER.
>>
>>343247795
>no reliable movement ability or ranged attack
He's going to be useless against anyone who doesn't attack at close range, since he has no means of getting in range aside from walking up to them, or dodging in their direction, which seems like a waste of the ability since it appears you intended it to supplement an attack rather than close the distance
>>
>>343247859
Could be tuned so secondary fire base damage is way lower, but also higher penetration so shield doesn't absorb as much damage.
Interesting concept, but as of now Zarya/Rein shields don't really need to be countered like that.
On a second thought, something like that might justify some kind of shield buff, which might be interesting.
>>
>>343248009
>melee dash
>range
>shield + heal
>aoe
Basically a combination of every character's unique gimmick
0/10
>>
>>343248009
>read filename
>oh boy, a spaniard hero
>it was creator's name, hero name is "JADE"
Damn, I was looking forward to Siesta-related powers.
>>
>>343240132
Omnic drone carrier tank.
M1 is a mid-range mid/low-damage gun, fire rate about that of a lvl 1 turret.
Shift fabricates a drone, up to a maximum of 6. has ~50 health and will attack enemies nearby, plinky damage.
E sends the drone to a friendly target to protect them.
Q each drone out generates a shield for their target, lasts set duration.
>>
>>343249636

I forgot to post the best part she's Pharah's sister
>>
>>343240132
When does she actually do that pose?
>>
File: callahan.png (59 KB, 1042x736) Image search: [Google]
callahan.png
59 KB, 1042x736
>>
File: lamont.png (71 KB, 1042x775) Image search: [Google]
lamont.png
71 KB, 1042x775
>>
>Chilean-born hero
>Gimmick is drills
>Q- Drill through wall
>W- Hops on drill and spins, controllable movement and damages enemies in it's radius
>E- Chargeup Pickaxe attack
>R- Giga drill
>>
>>343250037
Is that a slav or chav omnic?
>>
>>343249856
It's under taunts. It should be the pulse one.
>>
>>343250545
>Affiliation: Omnic Republican Army

Looks like he's Irish.
>>
>>343243565
>>343243782
>>343244019
>>343244079
>>343244213
>>343244336

Junkrat has a jester skin. Abandon Ship.

The clown throws pies that stick to people, blinding them for a short debuff.
Has insane mobility despite being insanely flat, can double jump, use balloons to fall slowly like mercy.
He is constantly juggling balls and throws them for his main attack.
He can play his horn to push people away.
His ult is hopping on a unicycle, putting an umbrella over his head, and playing wacky songs on his horn.
People that hear it fall on the ground laughing and are stunned.
>>
US Civil War or WW2 Soldier.

It'd be cool and you know it.
>>
>>343243372
We have that' it's called McCree.
>>
>>343251419
Would be redundant with Soldier 76.
All of his lines and skins minus the dogshit ones are about him being a fucking soldier.
>>
>>343251524
Yes, but a soldier ripped straight out of the Civil War.
Like brought back to life or whatever.
>>
Oddjob
>short
>throws hats
>>
>>343248009
>mash Zarya and Genji together
>call it good
>>
>>343251524
>>343251727
desu I just want a character with a old kit. There's too much future shit. Give me the old stuff man.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.