[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D44mm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 28doomcenter.jpg (53 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
28doomcenter.jpg
53 KB, 620x300
So now that this is coming out tomorrow how many of you are going to play exclusively with the centered weapon view? I know I am.

Anyway, Doom thread...
>>
>>343239380
Hello?
>>
>>343239380
I'm already bored with it though.
>>
>>343240425
I'm going for an ultra nightmare run then I'm going to mess around with snapmap since that's getting a big update with sky boxes
>>
Vulcan when
>>
Sky boxes are cool, but I'm waiting for the new rooms and singleplayer mode before I get back into Snapmap.
>>
>>343239380
This makes me want to buy it
>>
>>343239380
>So now that this is coming out tomorrow
i need more info
>>
>>343239380

I need them to fix the multiplayer. I really fucking need it.
>>
>>343241992
It looks even better in motion. There should be a gif on the official twitter account that shows a centered shotgun . The animation is identical to Doom 1
>>
>>343239380
>So now that this is coming out tomorrow
what?

elaborate
>>
>>343242141
>>343242342

EN
Our website uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best online experience. If you continue to use our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies. Our Cookie Policy has further details. Read More
DOOM – Update #1 Coming June 30
DOOM – Update #1 Coming June 30

DOOM’s first post-launch game update is coming June 30th to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. Update #1 introduces several new features, including a Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots, and a new weapon placement view option, which centers your weapons similar to the original game. The update also includes improvements, optimizations and fixes for more commonly reported bugs. See below for a full list of everything in Update #1.

Earlier this month, we also implemented a multiplayer improvement patch, which shortened lobby load times and balanced some of the multiplayer weapons based on your feedback. You can read more about that here.

Note: The update will automatically download for Xbox One and Steam users. PlayStation 4 users will need to enable “automatic updates” within their console settings to ensure that they download the update automatically, or can download manually through system settings.

DOOM Update #1 Release Notes

New Features and Optimizations

General
Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
Campaign
Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map..
>>
>>343242680
MP
Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
SnapMap
Added Original Author to the map info page
Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
Added Sky/Window props
Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
>>
>>343239380
aw shit nigger I didn't even know about this. Now I might have to buy it on the PSN sale
>>
>>343242802
Fixes

Single Player
Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
Multiplayer
Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
Matchmaking improvements
Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
Bug and stability fixes
>>
>>343242680

When will they fix the god awful fans on the ps4? My console sounds like a jet when sitting in menus. Other games are fine so it's not your console
>>
>>343242905
SnapMap
Fixed Asian language font issues
Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
Various map error fixes
Various logic fixes
Various stability fixes
PC-Only
Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
>>
>>343239380
is the snapmap for this shit ever getting updated, nobody makes singleplayer maps since they are so ridiculously limited
>>
>>343242978
Doom doesn't do that for me, but Omega Quintet of all things does.
>>
>>343242808
>Doom
>Consoles
>>
>>343243167
Of course it is, have you checked out the dev update blog or read any interviews?

They even have screenshots somewhere of hell based assets
>>
>>343244427
i have no idea where to find those i don't read game media
>>
>>343244357
You can get through literally any Doom on any difficulty on consoles. Back when I had my 360 I played through 1 and 2 on Nightmare just fine, and did the same with the new game on PS4. Also did the same with Doom 64 on the N64. Some FPS games aren't feasible to get good at with a controller, but the Doom games aren't in that category.
>>
>>343244536
Here you go m8

https://youtu.be/ngTAlPWXKhA

They talk about snapmap
>>
>>343244606
I can't comprehend how anybody can play new Doom with a controller. I guess I've been playing pc for so long i just lost the ability to do so.
>>
>>343245215
I cant comprehend how anybody can play any fps with a controller. Even with dead space had to switch to kbm because aiming with sticks is cancerous
>>
where's the vulkan though? want to see them epic frames
>>
>>343245215
>>343245360
I've just been using controllers for so long that it's second nature I guess. I have no doubt I'd be better with m+k once I got used to it but I haven't found a game where I needed to make that change. It helps I'm not a big multiplayer fan.
>>
>>343245360
I can't imagine playing on PC. Being able to point and click like it's a flash game seems retardedly easy. Especially when the game was made for consoles.

Unless it's MP I wouldn't use kbm.
>>
Somebody post the shotty gif with center view
>>
>>343245904
>seems retardedly easy
that must be why pc shooters are way more difficult than console shooters
>>
Yea where's Vulkan tho?
>>
>>343245904
This is one of the most retarded post i have ever seen on here. Congrats
>>
>>343245904
yeah id rather have the game point for me like a real man.
>>
>>343246654
Kek
>>
It should have been in since day 1 and the default option
>>
File: 1466268040099.jpg (236 KB, 550x598) Image search: [Google]
1466268040099.jpg
236 KB, 550x598
>>343245904
This is the dumbest post I've read this year
>>
>>343239380
Wasn't this cracked?

Was it true?
>>
i'm debating buying it during the sale
>>
>>343242978
This. The demo made the same for me
>>
File: congratulations.png (204 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.png
204 KB, 1190x906
>>343245904
>>
why didn't anyone tell me how fucking good this game is? got it on sale for 35$ and i'm having a blast
>>
File: DOOM.webm (940 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
DOOM.webm
940 KB, 500x281
I'm excited as fuck for the center camera option, god damn DOOM is honestly my GOTY, I can't stop playing it.
>>
>>343247562
Because you're a friendless loser.

That's why no one told you about it before.
>>
>photo mode
>in a first person game

Doesn't that defeat the purpose if you can't move the camera around freely to take the perfect screenie?
>>
>>343247784
hey man what the fuck is your problem
>>
Now we just need a HUD mode where the helmet comes off and we see Doom guy's expressions as his health changes.
>>
>>343247924
Just answering your weird question. No need to get upset.
>>
>>343247924

He wants to be your friend, loser.
>>
>>343248001
new doomguy only has one expression though: mad
>>
>>343247836

You might be able to, though you'll probably become invisible as you pan around.
>>
>>343248116

Then throw blood on him depending on how fucked up he is. Or just have it be the helmet with stages of damage (cracks in the visor) and glows a color when a pickup is activated.
>>
>>343247836
it can do a lot more than that anon, like pause, change fov and DoF to make prettier photos. so it's cool to show your stuff.

TOO FUCKING BAD YOU CAN'T MOD IT SO IT HAS A PURPOSE.
>>
>>343239380
that's kind of stupid but it's the right kind of pandering I like to see. Any more screenshots of it? I'll definitely pull the game up and see what it's like with it at least.
>>
File: 1466689273775.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1466689273775.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
>>343245904
>being "too accurate" is bad
>intentionally gimping yourself with a method of input so awkward and shit that it fails at "precise" aim even with copious aim assist is the better option
>>
>>343249656
I turn aim assist off. Most games let you. I'm sorry you think playing console ports with a point and click method is anything but absolutely game breaking. Games are easy enough, no need to take all the joy away.
>>
>>343247594
>powerful cocking animations
This is exactly what I was missing from the shotgun in the game.
The animations is just not ''powerful'' at all, like the super-shotgun reload.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.