[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what's wrong with these admirable attempts from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
You know what's wrong with these admirable attempts from Nintendo to market the game through use of TECHNOLOGY? Nothing. The concept itself, however, is fundamentally flawed. It all looks good, rolling the stones, launching them, cutting down trees, starting fires even, flying... until you ask the question. And the question is:

How many times will I do this before I get bored? How many times will I make a sound at the one side and make the creature move towards it, then swing it and attack from the blind spot?

And the answer is, not many. It is the problem with games that present convenient, and multiple solutions to simple problems - by multiplying approaches they just spread the puddle and forget to dig the earth, then add more water. Far Cry 2 had this problem. You could approach a situation in multiple ways, maps were designed at your convenience and you even had a neat little diamond hunt going. It was terrible.

You can showcase neat stuff but the playground itself will soon become dull, it is inevitable. Every sandbox has its shelf life and sometimes it lives only for several glances. Especially when every tree falls in the same convenient way, when every camp fire is set just at the right clearing and when the world coddles you until you fall asleep. If you take a bite from the game world, you have to deal with the mold, and there is only one type of bite for each object available. Even Minecraft with its rough edges offers more hands-on carving.
>>
k
>>
k
>>
File: 1461462598572.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1461462598572.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>
well I didn't read what you wrote but who thinks Zelda will be evil in this game
she didn't appear at all
>>
k
>>
I have that problem with every bethesda game. Except with zelda I at least kind of give a fuck about what's happening
>>
F
>>
k
>>
k
>>
Only thing I can get from your post is that it's too hard for you to do things differently. I can understand, but many others will take advantage.
>>
We haven't even seen the dungeons yet.
And no, those small shrines are not the dungeons of the game, that much has been confirmed.

Similarly, towns (which are also confirmed) have intentionally not been shown off "to avoid spoilers".

The area that was showcased was literally less than 2% of the land, which has been backed up by some anons comparing its shape with the rest of the map and visible area.
>>
Posting in ebin bread
>>
>>343237016

Anyone have the webm of that chopped tree rolling down into a pit of death when Link starts to run across it?

That pretty much serves as a counterpoint to a few bits in the OP. I doubt that the game will provide 'Infinite Fun', but the TECHNOLOGY at play isn't comprised of scripted events. That's why this is special.
>>
k
>>
yeah
>>
>>343237456
How is it a counterpoint? Every chopped tree is chopped in the same way.
>>
>>343237016
It's a legitimate concern.
Just bare in mind, we've seen almost exactly 1% of the world. The key to these kinds of games is world variation, which is something most open world games, including Far Cry, had a HUGE problem with, and we already know Zelda will change scenery wildly and often over the course of the adventure
>>
>>
>>343237563
Already confirmed it doesn't. You can fuck up and make a tree fall into the abyss you wanted to cross
>>
>>343237563
>Every chopped tree is chopped in the same way.
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>343237646
I meant the model, obviously. Are you seriously pointing out simple physics as something that's an extra bonus?
>>
>>343237563
See
>>343237646

The falling log is completely physics-based; Think along the lines of rag doll physics, how no person ever quite falls the same.
>>
>>343237821
Considering most games just have a "Press X to start scripted action", yes.
>>
>>343237821
>I meant the model
not true, I've seen people chop different sizes of tree, which then falls in the correct size/shape.
>>
>>343237392

it's fun to guess the iqs of people based on their posts. 87?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.