[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every popular game require ''''''teamwork''''''
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
39 KB, 480x360
Why does every popular game require ''''''teamwork'''''' now?

And by ''''''teamwork'''''' I actually mean "bullshit mechanics where you can be the best player on the server but you won't win if one retard is dragging you down."
>>
File: Times change.jpg (10 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
Times change.jpg
10 KB, 305x165
>>343236948

Welcome to the new age of pussification of what lowering the goal post for the unskilled gamers that can't even get past more game tutorials
>>
millenials need hand holding
>>
File: Untitled.png (23 KB, 978x799) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23 KB, 978x799
the death of deathmatch
>>
cs is nearly 18 years old, faggot.
>>
>>343236948
People hate being confronted with their own mistakes.

If its a teamgame they can be like "oh well someone else probably fucked up"
Thats literally the only reason those people play teamgames instead of 1on1 games.
It protects their fragile egos.

Another thing is that teamgames offer a social aspect where you can gather your buddies and play a chilled round with them. Dont underestimate the importance of the social aspect for normies.
They dont want to use up their freetime training things alone and playing some game isolated.
>>
>>343236948
>And by ''''''teamwork'''''' I actually mean "bullshit mechanics where you can be the best player on the server but you won't win if one retard is dragging you down

This is why I don't play mobas and never will
>>
>>343237441
Even if we exclude CS.
Every single popular multiplayer game that people play is teambased.
Dota,LoL,WoW,Overwatch, COD etc.
Not a single 1on1 game comes even close to their popularity. SC2 is the biggest one, but that doesnt even come close to mobas or Overwatch.
RTS except SC2 are dead and fighting games, despite being bigger than they ever were are also a tiny niche.
>>
File: 1467045808524.jpg (12 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
1467045808524.jpg
12 KB, 302x167
because normalfags need to feel good and socialize

hard work and skill is no longer its own reward, that has been replaced by hats
>>
>Why are sports with teamwork more popular than individual sports.
>>
>>343238214
Well why are they?
>>
>>343238214
>video games
>sports

Feel free to die at any moment
>>
>>343238450
>implying they arent comparable in that aspect even if they arent exactly the same

Nice try anon
>>
>>343236948
Play games with big teams
>>
>>343238336
In a 12 man deathmatch, 1 masterrace shits on all the plebians

In a 6vs6 objective based, 6 scrappy nubs get lucky and pat themselves on the back, while 5 try hard shit shitters can blame the other team mates while the last guy is thinking "at least I top fragged"(in an objective based game)
>>
File: 14654000527836.jpg (73 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
14654000527836.jpg
73 KB, 500x297
I don't mind """teamwork""" at all, it's expected to exercise """teamwork""" with complete random shitters that gets me.

I sure am having fun knowing that the matchmaker just so happened to match me with Yugoslavian teenagers that I can't possibly even hope to communicate or coordinate with!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.