[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people praise this game so much? It's down-right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: header.jpg?t=1447351599.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447351599.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Why do people praise this game so much?
It's down-right terrible with sprinkles of mediocrity in between. Did it get a free pass because of the BioWare name?
>terrible hub with insane loading screens every 30 seconds
>completely non-nonsensical "evil path" dialogue, almost cringe-worthy
>literally "an ancient evil awakens" plot
>squad AI is completely brain dead, can't move autonomously
>combat is just there, although cover system is terrible
>main character's voice acting is terrible
The only good thing about this game are the companions, and they just can't carry this piece of shit.

Why did it get so much praise /v/?
>>
>>343234017
ME1 was a great scifi rpg game with a good story.
>>
>>343234240
Pretty much. Love that game even if ME2 did have its improvements (fucking thermal clips)
>>
File: 1431542672863.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431542672863.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>343234017
>terrible hub with insane loading screens every 30 seconds
consefat detected
fair
this is a just a meme not an argument

why even make this thread OP? You know it's popular because of the story and not the combat you dense faggot.
>>
People liked KOTOR so much that they game bioware a pass for their next 3 games.
>>
>>343234584
>You know it's popular because of the story and not the combat you dense faggot.
yet the story is garbage and literally KotOR with different names.
>>
>>343234017
It's KotOR in space, it wasn't meant to have fun gameplay. ME2 was still better though.
>>
File: 1461661203373.jpg (132 KB, 1001x692) Image search: [Google]
1461661203373.jpg
132 KB, 1001x692
>>343234017
Visuals are not bad, dialogue is okish (as much as they claim to give me free choice I have to lock myself to paragon or degenerate otherwise I wont have enough points charm/intimidate skills)
MAKO drives like shit, like I actually dont realise how the fuck do you even fuck up such a simple concept, like literally how?
I got used to it and visiting deserted asteroids finding some clues on old happenings was cool, especially the fact those asteroids were barren asteroids like they should been and not social hubs, also fucking howling on one of them made me go hmmm

But the absolutely fucking worse thing, like the thing that made me drop it halfway, its fucking items/ equipment screen.
I mean holly fuck, even if I wanted I wouldnt be able to do anything more tedious than this shit, you know they fucked up when I am playing Final Fantasy IV and instantly notice how easy items are to search, equip and organise comparing to ME and that is not even mentioning other RPGs.
I cant believe it was a conscious decision made by an actual person which makes me wonder how the fuck did it not got fixed.
The most incompetent thing I saw in vidya by far.
>>
>>343234954
>yet the story is garbage
nice argument
>>
I still would have fun with their recent games if they didn't force SJW garbage into them.

I never use the term either, most people just throw it around, but holy fucking shit there is no point to the purposely ugly characters and gay pandering shit.

I mean why? What the actual fuck happened BioWare.
>>
I enjoyed it because the world building in the first game was great, and the gameplay in 2 and 3 were fun despite the story sputtering out.

ME1's biggest flaw imo was the lack of characterization of your party members. Bioware heavily relied on the rule of three, and as such they were pretty boring.

ME's biggest flaw in general was how they handled the Paragon/Renegade system
>>
>>343234017
Renegade Dudshep is the greatest comedic figure of our time.
>>
>>343234017
it's overrated because it was a lot of people's first action RPG. although I still think Feros is the best level in the series.
>>
File: 1446596262549.gif (822 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
1446596262549.gif
822 KB, 600x366
>UGGH like, mako sections SOOO annoying, am i rite? xddd
>UGGH like, elevator sections SOOO annoying, am i rite? xddd
>they're both two of my favorite parts from the game
>they ended up getting cut because faggots
>>
>>343239175
how can anyone enjoy being in an elevator?
or """"""""""""driving"""""""""""" a fucking tank through hordes of geth on otherwise empty planets?
>>
>>343239312
the elevator scenes had some good banter between squadmates. too bad they were only on the Citadel.
>>
I loved the first game but couldn't get into the second one. Is it worth continuing?
>>
>>343239312
>how can anyone enjoy being in an elevator?
Banter between characters and world building through news.
The fact they did those during a "loading screen" in such a non-intrusive and natural way was genius.

>or """"""""""""driving"""""""""""" a fucking tank through hordes of geth on otherwise empty planets?
Exploration.
Not a man of science, but I don't think most planets around are earth-like or even close, so I would expect the majority to be barren and devoid of life.
Never understood the bad controls meme, I don't recall having any issues past the first two missions.
>>
>>343239868
stick with it until you get to 3, i think you'll appreciate the leveling system if you liked the one in the first game.
>>
>>343239868
Second was okay, but it really felt more like a long side-story more than anything, and one that kinda gets completely invalidated as soon as you start the third.
>>
>>343239939
Honestly I wouldn't mind the empty planets if they at least looked different. They're literally all reskinned earth. Not even different architecture or anything.
>>
The side missions with copypasted bunkers were horrible.
>>
>>343239312
>Chitchats that not only developed characters by giving them a chance to interact but also did some worldbuilding via news broadcast.

> fucking tank through hordes of geth
>Not getting out to shoot them on foot and get exp x2.
Seriously tho, the only thing that could be improved would be more deserted ruins and signs of civilisation instead of just scrap.
Otherwise I liked the fact they were empty mostly, it actually felt like you were exploring an actual asteroid and made every discovery even more precious.
I also liked how every asteroid looked different.

>>343239939
>Never understood the bad controls meme
IIRC controls are camera relative and the camera drift across the vehicle constantly.
You cant look right without MAKO turning left, shit is just bad, that said B did something retarded once again, instead of actually fix shit they just cut it.
>>
File: antibaar.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
antibaar.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>343234017
>non-nonsensical "evil path" dialogue
Assuming you didn't intend a double-negative, you should see what they turned it into in the next game.
It's fucking laughable. In fact I think that was the point.

Otherwise, it's an old game. AI standards have come a long way, the 'ancient evil' were space-robots which was novel as fuck in vidya, combat was perfectly serviceable and FUCK YOU, the loading screens being hidden in elevators with squad dialogue was innovative as fuck.

Between the bleakness of the worlds, the then-pretty skyboxes, and the 10/10 soundtrack, it nailed the immersion factor and wrapped it around an old-school bioware storytelling experience.
https://youtu.be/StB75OXZ-LI
>>
>>343236054
>he didn't just melt everything down but his favorites
>>
>>343234017
Decade old you fucking underage cunt. fuck yourself

bet you played it yesterday for the first time
>>
>>343241646
it was terrible when it came out
it's a literal KotOR with guns
>>
>>343237249
>lack of characterization
I disagree. Ashley, Wrex & Garrus were all well fleshed-out. Liara & Tali were both just lore dispensers. Kaiden had a stick up his ass, but every group has one.

If you want something like that mess of shit in 2, you can take your snowflake waifus and go fuck yourself.
>>
>>343241569
At this point in game I still had to juggle weapons and ammo to optimise.
>>
>>343239939
>>343240759
>barren worlds are good
These niggahs get it.

You need contrast if you want the highs to be special, and the universe is an empty place.
>>
>>343241705
>he didn't like kotor
Underaged confirmed
>>
>>343242218
kotor 2 was goat aside from the tutorial level
never finished kotor1 because i got bored halfway through
>>
I'd love to play it but don't want to work with some shitty mods just to have controller support.
>>
>>343241925
The game was geared around multiple play-throughs.
No reason to juggle equipment & keep squadmates you aren't using on the cutting edge.

But eh I'm autistic about things too, so it's a fair complaint.
Doesn't mean they should have fucking scrapped it though.
>>
>>343242305
Played Kotor1 a couple years after it was released.
Thought it was boring until about halfway through when plot developments took place.
Then I had a blast in the last act.

Kotor 2 felt bloated & over-the-top in comparison.
>>
>>343234017

I agree with everything you said. Not to mention that it contributed to the mandatory dumbing down of mainstream RPGs and made dialogue wheels and shitty voice acting mandatory because people don't have the attention span for anything else

I hated Mass Effect from the time it was released and it is really sad to see how much praise it gets
>>
>>343234017
drink bleach, underage.
>>
>>343242930
>this is a biodrone's argument and defense
lol
>>
File: 1407799367196.gif (104 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
1407799367196.gif
104 KB, 700x526
>Tfw have a 4K Monitor coming in very soon
>tfw I already installed the Graphics Mods (I don't have a link) Its fucking amazing though
>tfw will replay this game with the DLC and will never touch ME2 Or ME3 Because of how much shit they are I heard
>tfw this feelings of one last time
>>
File: 6332162_orig.jpg (28 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
6332162_orig.jpg
28 KB, 640x430
>>343235280
>Kotor
>Not space
>>
>>343243001
Reminder that ME1 fans are not biodrones.
And that you should drink bleach :^)
>>
>>343243095
Mass Effect 2 is the best though.
>>
>>343242930
>Underage
I get liking this game, but it came out in like what? fucking 2010?

If anything you'd be a tween if you liked it and a grog if you didn't.

That being said, the only person I know who enjoyed these games + Kotor was a pretentious faggot.
>>
>>343243424
Kill Yourself
>>
>>343243484
2007, it's almost a decade old.
>>
>>343243531
it has the best gameplay, decent main story and good side quests.
it removed the shit maiko garbage segments and had better companions.

deal with it faggot.
>>
File: How do you go from.jpg (208 KB, 800x899) Image search: [Google]
How do you go from.jpg
208 KB, 800x899
>>343243424
If you like dudebro cover-shooting & cringey dating sims, sure.
>>
It's just contrarians that like to act as if me2 wasn't massively popular here when it came out. ME1 is mediocre as hell with shallow rpg elements, bad combat, awful exploration and characters that feel even more like lore dumps than the later games.
>>
File: 1464325725121.jpg (2 MB, 2892x2436) Image search: [Google]
1464325725121.jpg
2 MB, 2892x2436
>>343243658
>best gameplay
Arguable, but sure.
>decent main story
It's a fucking reaper baby. A FUCKING REAPER BABY YOU CUNT. And it had ZERO effect on the story arc.
>good side quests
Half were solving the crew's daddy issues, the other half were corridor-shooters with 0 exploration, slightly-prettier window dressing & even less interesting stories to offer context.
Oh, and there were fewer of them.
They were shit.

>shit mako segments
>better companions
SHIT TASTE
T
A
S
T
E

You got the ending you deserved bitch-nigger.
>>
>>343243783
And the following games have even worse RPG shit, generic combat, zero exploration and literal-faggot characters made for sex-appeal & ridiculous backstories.
>A c-sec cop who's tired of the red tape but wants to do the right thing? Fucking lame.
>A hot, bald, tatooed 'super-powerful' biotic that's been in science experiments & goes on about 'muh sister'? Wow so epic lel I wanna fugg her xDDD
Fucking mass appeal is such shit.
>>
>>343234240
>good story
AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS
>good rpg
-dialogue wheel
-lazy ass black and white morality system
-Every class played nearly identical
-Severe lack of skills/biotics
-progression was almost entirely vertical, no room for different builds or different play-styles within each class
-Itemization was bland: one armor slot(two if you count the biotic amp/whatever the other class' equivalent was), only four different kinds of weapons, most of which were the same recolored fish gun
-equipment only had the same three parameters across every piece(armor: protection, shields, tech/biotic protection//weapons: damage, heat, accuracy), making finding items even more unexciting
-readily-available omni-paste making hacking/lock-picking skills useless

I could probably go on, but it's been ages since I've touched this trash.

ME1 was bad.
>>
File: Sovereign's_armada.png (692 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sovereign's_armada.png
692 KB, 1280x720
>>343245224
>Ancient evil
Fuck you space robots were a new & fresh form of ancient evil.

>all these complaints
>they could have improved on these things
>instead they were all cut/simplified further
>/v/ likes this
>>
>>343244116
The Mako was trash. I don't know why people jack off to it so much.

>mission segments involve driving along one linear road, stopping every once in a while to obliterate some geth with your main cannon or to chip away at a geth armature/rocket tower, whose only attack was to fire a comically slow-moving projectile at you, which could be easily bunny-hopped over
>open world segments involved driving across barren, recolored planets, stopping every once in a while to clear out a copy-pasted bunker, to engage in the aforementioned shitty combat, or to fight a Thresher Maw, which involved driving around in circles and playing whack a mole until it died

It was fucking boring and I'd scan a thousand planets before having to use that piece of shit again.
>>
>>343245597
Not that I liked ME2 much either, but I'll take "Half decent cover shooter with actual weapon and armor variety, and minor RPG elements" over a game that does almost nothing right.
>>
File: image.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>343234017
If you honestly believe anything you just said then you should probably stop playing video games
>>
Lots of nerds are gay degenerates, as you will see on this site. That's why they like these gay games and gay developer
>>
>>343245761
It's called immersion friend.
Rocky planets are barren, recolored versions of themselves IRL.
Bunkers are both plausible (pre-fabs) and entirely UNIMPORTANT. The quests & the context are what I played for, not how many unique fucking models of stalactites they pump into the game.
And, as always, they could have improved it instead of cutting it.

The fact that you enjoyed the planet-scanning abomination is just further proof of how shitty your priorities are.
>>
>>343245761
fuck you it was fun
>>
>>343234017
the same reason people like dead space despite it being brown n boring
>>
>>343243674
Not that I'm overly fond of the Collector design, but they explain in one of the games that the original proteans conquered many species and incorporated them into their empire; all the slave races were considered "protean" as well, so there could be many different conflicting depictions of them.
>>
File: 1449548324124.png (1 MB, 836x873) Image search: [Google]
1449548324124.png
1 MB, 836x873
>>343245862
The fact that the developers catered to guys like you instead of the people who actually liked the first game is a goddamn shame.
>>
File: 1439958072076-.jpg (601 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439958072076-.jpg
601 KB, 1920x1200
>>343246346
Anon, I don't care how they explained away the retconn so their antagonists could be more normal-sized humanoids. Nor am I particularly impressed now that I've read it.
I don't approve of the redesign, and I don't approve of the direction they took the game.
Simple as that friend.
>>
>>343246364
>bitch doctor instead of hot milf
>wesley
Please no.
>>
>>343234017

You are watching a 2006 game with 2016 eyes. Also it was a "pre Gears of War" TPS. After GoW everything changed.
>>
The controls for this game are absolute ass. The art style and animation is the inside of that ass. I honesty have zero idea why this game got so big
>>
>>343234017
>>completely non-nonsensical "evil path" dialogue, almost cringe-worthy

There's no "evil" path on Mass Effect. You won't become a fucking sith. You can play like Good Guy Shepard or Motherfucker Shepard but the goal is the same.
>>
>>343234017

That's what happens when 12 years old play mature games...they don't get shit.

Stay with your COD and LOL kid.
>>
>not giving yourself max paragon/renegade points at the start and then making all decisions as you'd like to
>>
>>343243674

>Land on Illos with Liara
>Literally the first words she says is that those statues are not protheans but another civilization that lived there before the protheans reached the planet
>"BUT THOSE ARE NOT LIKE THE PROTHEANS OF ME2 HURR DURR!"

Idiot.
>>
>ME1
>squadmates are murder machine with polonium pound and spectre gun

>ME2
>squadmates are useless sack of shit
>>
>>343248376
But I play other, older games, with 2016 eyes and I can still recognize their merits and qualities. Mass Effect has very few of those.
>>
>>343249537

Playing ME1 now it's like playing a pre-Halo FPS with a gamepad. It was bad...VERY BAD but you have to look it thinking how it was when it was released.

Indeed, ME1 aged like Milk but plotwise is still the best of the 3.
>>
>>343249030
You got a quote for that?
I recall it being much more ambiguous.
"Woah, are those protheans?"
"They could just be another race.."
>>
File: biotics.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
biotics.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>343248376
Wait, was it really pre-GOW?
>it was
shit I feel old.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mkmjyeQ3vv1qz4rgp.png (351 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mkmjyeQ3vv1qz4rgp.png
351 KB, 500x750
>>343234017
>Why do people praise this game so much?

For the God-tier husbandos.
>>
>>343250128
>BioWare's audience
you must have loved mass effect 3
>>
>>343249695
>>343250032
Real talk here- I don't know why everyone needs their shit polished.
Playing in a system with rough edges is hard to describe- feels more earthy, has a certain charm.
At least compared to the sterilized, needlessly-balanced systems AAA shit has today.

What happened to getting good enough at the game to break it?
>>
replaying 1 after 3 made me realize one of the biggest missed opportunities of the series was planet exploration. Sure the planets were barren aside from copy pasted outposts but it at least gave the impression you were exploring an actual galaxy, whereas 2 and 3 basically feel like menus selecting a place you magically warp to. If they do anything with MEA I'd like to see more planet exploration off the main quest.

There was a Mako update in the e3 trailer IIRC, but that might be cutscene only so I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>343250574

Planetary exploration is the main plot of ME:A and the mako has been confirmed to be fully playable.
>>
>>343234017
Nice atmosphere, decent characters, fun universe to explore.

Mass Effect wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it.
>>
File: indoctrination.png (783 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
indoctrination.png
783 KB, 1280x720
>tfw saren was supposed to be a normal-looking turian when you first meet him
>his 'upgrades' were only supposed to be for the final confrontation
>they ran out of time/money & had to scrap it
Image really is a spoiler btw.
>>
>>343234017
If you hate the rest of the series fine. But if you are one of those shitters that hates this game yet thinks 2 is some sort of masterpiece then you are just like the majority of the other morons.

Either 1 is a good but flawed game or none of them are good. There can be no other answers.
>>
File: 1460230097451.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460230097451.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
>>343250574
Yep.
>them biohazard planets
>lost wreckage & ancient AIs
>strange xenos & mysteries
>it was replaced with planet-scanning

As for ME:A, fuck if Bioware isn't owned & operated by the biggest fucking SJWs in the industry.
Some of the example images I've seen in recent ME threads really put a lid on my hopes- they're gonna be pushing their anti-imperialism, anti-white-privilege agenda hard.
>>
>>343250783
>tfw saren was supposed to be a normal-looking turian when you first meet him

We has not. He tells Sheppard about how powerfull is now with his new implants,
>>
>>343250783

Saren was a normal looking Turian when you first met him. He had black and white face markings.
>>
>>343251323
wasn't there a tranny asari character confirmed?
>>
>>343251407

NM, that was Nihilus. All them damn turians look the same.
>>
>>OFFICIAL MASS EFFECT RANKINGS<<

1: good world building, interesting story and lore, great characters, clunky but decent gameplay, decent but overbearing rpg mechanics, great soundtrack

2: good world building, interesting story (but short and not very relevant to the main plot), great characters, solid gameplay, shallow rpg mechanics, great soundtrack

3: bad dialogue (moreso than previous entries), bad ending, shitty build up to said ending, tight and fast gameplay; solid improvement upon 2, characterization could use work, decent rpg mechanics, solid multiplayer (a little too grindy though), great soundtrack for the mood but not very mass effect-y

tl;dr

1 is great for the world building and story, also characters are pretty well done

2 is great for gameplay and characters, story wasn't bad but didn't really get anywhere plotwise

3 has solid gameplay but the story was LITERALLY written on a napkin

1&2 were good, 3 is a mess
>>
>>343251519
>tranny asari

How does that work?
>>
>>343239868
second one is arguably the best titel of the series.
>>
>>343251739
I don't know. You ask BioWare. You think they really care about staying faithful to the lore?
>>
>>343251751

Best overall game but plotwise it was useless.
>>
>>343235280
>KotoR in spehss

wat
>>
>>343251739

It doesn't. They don't have genders.
>>
File: Grunt Hospital.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Grunt Hospital.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>343251602
>3: bad dialogue
I think that everything with Cerberus and the Catalyst got the shaft, but I think ME3 deserves some recognition for the party interaction.

It's the only Mass Effect where I thought the whole crew actually came together as a team, moving about on the ship and emphasizing a sense of camaraderie in-between the story's darker moments.
>>
File: J6y55Ss.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
J6y55Ss.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>343235280
>It's KotOR in space
>>
>>343251972

Fucking grunt. That DLC was worth the game's ending.
>>
>>343245224
>dialouge wheel

So if the dialouge was not in a dialouge wheel it will be okay?

Like I understand the hate for the dialouge wheel, and its become a giant meme for western games now to have in place of MUH INTERACTIVITY in the story. But I liked mass effects way of handling it more so than shit games like fallout 4 did.
>>
>>343251854
they oversimplified some stuff but made the game overall more fun.
me1 had a great space opera vibe to it.
>>
The lore was what hooked me.

Also
>great music
>strong atmosphere of innocence and naivety
>planet exploration was amazing for the first few playthroughs
>some great locations, like Virmire and Ilos and the Citadel of course
I also really liked the story. It still keeps me interested, although I found the Vigil part a bit annoying to simply have everything laid out for you in 5 minutes. They should have structured the story so you could piece it together yourself. Preferably through finding various beacons.

I feel overall that the game was rushed quite a bit, because the quality was appalling compared to ME2, and it felt like there were lots of things that had been left out.

I preferred ME2 overall, but ME1 still holds a very special place in my heart.
>>
>>343245224
You got to understand that there has pretty much never been great sci fi epics for video games. Movies and books have had tons of great sci fi but never video games.

Halo and Mass Effect could have been that and Halo was at least for a lot longer than Mass Effect was. Starcraft never really counted since it's main appeal was competitive strategy. Besides these three there are no bigger sci fi space opera in gaming with a huge mainstream appeal.

Impressively at least for a time it seemed like microsoft would have two great sci fi franchises under their belt. This of course changed in time. Sadly we may never get a great one for video games because Mass Effect sure isn't it and Halo has gotten raped hard after 3..
>>
File: mass effect.gif (2 MB, 759x495) Image search: [Google]
mass effect.gif
2 MB, 759x495
>>343251972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Bch5SS-pI

>I'll stop them
>I'll STOP them

some of the character interaction was great but I mean shit like this
also the part on rannoch where you have to choose between quarians or geth, the dialogue felt like I was trying to get the quarians to not attack so I could get peace

in reality the geth just fucking unloaded on the quarians after I got them to chill out and tali killed herself

that scene was so misleading
I had to watch my waifu fucking jump off a cliff and I couldn't close out of the game in time
>>
>>343245224
>>343252408
And just to add one more thing. I really loved Mass Effect 1 so much pre 2. 1 was seriously in line for me to be regarded as my favorite of all time game I played it so much in such a short period of time.

Maybe I got older and started to realize how awful it can be at times but the shitty sequels sure showed me that any good from 1 was going to be completely null and void. I can't even go back to 1 anymore now. I like to just pretend the series ended with the first game and we never found out if they could even become a challenge to the reapers.
>>
File: ME3 choices.jpg (131 KB, 1000x717) Image search: [Google]
ME3 choices.jpg
131 KB, 1000x717
>>343252610

>also the part on rannoch where you have to choose between quarians or geth, the dialogue felt like I was trying to get the quarians to not attack so I could get peace

Because you can get peace.
>>
File: swiss-sophie-nose.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
swiss-sophie-nose.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
>>343252610
>not researching the consequences of every conversation choice
>>
>>343251571
Fuck off Ashley
>>
File: turian.png (483 KB, 732x738) Image search: [Google]
turian.png
483 KB, 732x738
>>343251571
Fucking humans.
>>
>>343252839
>>343252824

dude this was on fucking launch day, there were no guides up yet
also I didn't have enough paragon to get both to fucking chill

I beat the game in the next day or two, ran ng+ and got all the good "happy" """ending""" shit and haven't touched it since

I've done a few me1 and me2 playthroughs, just finished another me2 playthrough a few days ago but I don't have the heart to do another 3 playthrough because the game sucks so much ass story wise
>>
File: ME Home.jpg (323 KB, 1125x638) Image search: [Google]
ME Home.jpg
323 KB, 1125x638
>>343252610
> the dialogue felt like I was trying to get the quarians to not attack
I agree that the dialogue option opting for peace could have been more clear than simply stating "Rally The Fleet" but I guess I figured the Blue Paragon option was the safest bet for either siding with the Quarians or opting for diplomacy.

It worked out alright.
>>
File: masseffectcast.jpg (72 KB, 840x373) Image search: [Google]
masseffectcast.jpg
72 KB, 840x373
>>343251972
>>343252116
>Citadel DLC
It was fanservice, but it was a breath of fresh air after wading through the months of hate surrounding the ending. Glad they got to leave things on a more light-hearted note.
>>
>>343253084
>dude this was on fucking launch day, there were no guides up yet
also I didn't have enough paragon to get both to fucking chill

First. I posted the pic with good intenctions.

Second. As the pic said, you couldn't get peace based on your "parangon" and "renegade" points but your choices on ME2 and ME3.

Third. You did good playing withouth a choize guide. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>343251602
I disagree with you on 2's characters & soundtrack
The former were too...special, to put it in one word. The latter was switched from the GOAT technical shit in the first game to generic orchestral OST #2459.
>>
>>343252610
>the dialogue felt like I was trying to get the quarians to not attack so I could get peace

Because that's exactly what was happening...? The Geth were attacking in selfdefense. If the Quarian fleet stops attacking the Geth would stop attacking.
>>
I really like the environment design, particularly the Citadel and also the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZKiR7fwIXM
>>
File: 1427685312666.png (515 KB, 880x699) Image search: [Google]
1427685312666.png
515 KB, 880x699
>>343239868
2 is where Bioware had its fall- the masses praise it for how it 'stream-lined' everything.
And if you wind up liking it, because you've got shit taste, then congratulations you've succeeded in setting yourself up for the giant ass-ravaging that was ME3.
>>
>>343253496
>>
>>343253578

Is he still mad, anons?
>>
>>343234017
yeah played it for the first time last year and it's a good game but certainly not a great one.
>>
>>343239175
Same here, i thought the Mako was fun as fuck. I didnt find it hard to control either, if anything i wanted more segments where you can use it to shoot enemies and mow them down.
>>
>>343253482
yeah that's what I thought too but apparently not
>>343253345
I figured it wasn't possible until you had enough paragon to do the charm option, but I haven't touched to story for 3 in like 4 years so

>>343253578
2 was good though
my main problem with it was how shallow the rpg stuff was and how little the main plot progressed

regardless the story was pretty interesting, characters were great, and gameplay was solid
>>
File: ME2_GarrusShepard.jpg (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ME2_GarrusShepard.jpg
61 KB, 800x600
>>343234017
Nice atmosphere, amazing OST, likeable characters
Why are you so bitter OP?
>>
>>343245597
actually I was talking to my brother a while ago and he was describing the plot of an old science fiction show that he was watching and it sounded eerily like the plot of Mass Effect. can't remember what it was called though, I think it was on Netflix not that long ago
>>
>>343253642
>>
>>343253782
>yeah that's what I thought too but apparently not

But it IS what happens if you did the correct choizes in ME2 and ME3.

If your score isn't high enought the Quarians won't hear Shepard and they will keep shooting the Geth.
>>
>>343234017
THE COMBAT IS GOOD.

Thats it.
>>
I don't know if anyone else did this but
>Mako sections, running up against geth armatures
>blast their shields down with the cannon, reducing health to a sliver with the machine gun
>hop out just before it dies, kill it on foot for the XP bonus
every single time.
>>
File: relay.jpg (56 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
relay.jpg
56 KB, 800x500
>>343252174
Meh, I kinda liked Vigil. Really kicked off that last hour or two of gameplay.
>>
>>343243658
I thought 3 had the overall best gameplay. My ideal one would just be a mix of 1 and 3.
>>
>>343234240
Dude me1 sucked ass
>>
I really liked the Illusive Man, mostly for his boss-ass room with a view. Felt like such a waste of potential with his direction in 3 after what 2 laid out.
>>
Mass Effect 2 should have been the first game in the series plotwise
>>
File: masseffect.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
masseffect.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343253864
>>
>>343254857
Yeah, this is true.
>>
>>343253578
Yep all the shit streamlining is exactly why most regard 2 as best. During the development of 2 half the team from 1 quit as well. But gamers just love gobbling up shit with their games. Which is why pubs/devs ass rape gamers so hard these days.
>>
File: plot escalation.png (289 KB, 1077x1441) Image search: [Google]
plot escalation.png
289 KB, 1077x1441
>>343253782
Characters were 60% sex-appeal, 70% special snowflake, & 40% daddy issues.
They were fucking hogwash compared to the more-grounded people in the first game.

And nah, the story was ridiculous. But I just don't have the time to argue about it again tonight, so I've got nothing to say for now.
>>
>>343255209
How exactly does your history has an Alliance Marine and the whole Cerberus thing go together though? It's just kind of pushed aside when it's a huge focus.
>>
>>343254858
This, this right here. This scene restored my faith in God.
>>
tfw no turian bf
>>
>>343248674
And ancient evil didn't awaken???
>>
>>343234017
The story and environments are what make it good. The combat could have been better.

ME2 and ME3 have much better combat and Character stories in general, but the main stories suffer and the environments are ok at best.
>>
>>343249030
>>343249741
And they mention in ME3 that the area is the ruins of another civilization
>>
IM STILL MAD
>>
>>343256891
That you can't fuck Garrus?
>>
File: 1456224160767.jpg (277 KB, 324x632) Image search: [Google]
1456224160767.jpg
277 KB, 324x632
>Did first playthrough of ME series with no DLC, Paragon
>Want to do another run with Renegade focus and get the full experience with all the DLC
>It costs over 60 bucks to get all of them, at least 40 just for the "essentials" like Kasumi, Citadel, Leviathan, and Ashes.
>>
>>343256737
>me3
wew lad that's irrelevant
>>
>>343256957
That goes without saying, but I was referring more to the ending, no homeworld house, and the forced genocide of the Geth. What I can fuck STEEEEEEEVVEEE!!!!!! but not best calibrator Garrus? Boo
>>
File: Jenkins_ME_charshot.png (2 MB, 1400x2160) Image search: [Google]
Jenkins_ME_charshot.png
2 MB, 1400x2160
I beat the ME Triology for Jenkins. That was my only reason I kept pushing forward.
>>
>>343234017
it was nice to have a sci-fi space travel game that wasn't star wars
>>
File: 1444712128514.jpg (20 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
1444712128514.jpg
20 KB, 576x416
>>343257193
>making every fucking character a bisex
>>
>>343257193
You arent forced to kill the Geth though, if you choose the blueberry flavored ending or the sour green apple.
>>
>>343257193

>forced geth genocide

?
>>
>>343257330
No, just make him into a faggot.
>>
>>343257330
They already fucked it with other characters, may as well give them all the chance for it.
>>
>>343257339
In both those endings the Reapers still live though
>>
>>343257296
I know Jenkins was supposed to just be a shout out to the whole country-boy enlisting in the military shtick but i didnt care, was still sad to see him die just like that.
>>
File: HOW ABOUT NO.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HOW ABOUT NO.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343257394
>>343257427
>>
>>343257468
It doesnt matter since you become RoboGod and control them now.
>>
>>343257580
Yes
>>
>>343234017
Basically, nostalgia in that it had two sequels. And since it was the first game in the series, people tend to see it with rose-tinted glasses.

There's also a logic of "It had this thing, and the others didn't, so therefore this thing is better!" Like the inventory system. ME1's inventory system was HORRIBLE, but it gets a pass because 2 and 3 didn't have one and thus leading to "W-Well 2 and 3 should have fixed it instead of removing it!" ME1 had a lot of issues like that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM
>>
File: 1448336502189.jpg (33 KB, 267x237) Image search: [Google]
1448336502189.jpg
33 KB, 267x237
>>343257636
>he actually let the indoctrination take over
The absolute madman!
>>
>>343257928
The extended endings pretty much shot that theory down.
>>
File: hardtofindgentleman.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hardtofindgentleman.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
Was he a well written villain?
Also, was he wrong?
>>
it's a shit game that pushes you into battle after battle

for it to be an actual rpg, it must give you choices as to how to handle a situation

Deus Ex; Human revolutions does this correctly
>>
It generated a lot of media hype back then for "alien sex scenes" and DRM.
>>
File: 1443151156571.gif (2 MB, 403x203) Image search: [Google]
1443151156571.gif
2 MB, 403x203
>>343258009
Stop reminding me.
>>
File: scary fun.jpg (55 KB, 522x727) Image search: [Google]
scary fun.jpg
55 KB, 522x727
>>343234017
I found the first game to be enjoyable and only played it last year.

I also never had problems with the ai and the combat worked well for me.

I bet ya played it on 360.
>>
>>343258026
He was great in everything except for the endings. In both games funnily enough.

He was doing the wrong things for the right reasons. But that doesnt justify what Cerberus did in 1 and 3.
>>
Your decisions will have a MASS EFFECT in the subsequent games, guys!
>>
>>343241391
I loved all the little touches in the game, like when you left the Normandy, it said your party was ashore and Preston had the deck. It just felt like a real space adventure.
>>
>>343258101
It's pretty sad too because it would have set up another game quite nicely. Instead of Andromeda going "We fucked up so incredibly badly we literally need to leave this galaxy".
>>
>>343257779
>me2 fag tries to grasp why me2 was a failure of a sequel
>fails to do so
>having failed to do so, also fails to offer any reason why its detractors are wrong, other than 'le stuttering me-me'
Try not to blow a fuse there.
>>
>>343257779
I think ME1 was still overall the best in the series, and i played the entire series for the first time only a couple days ago.
>>
I wanted an option in ME2 where Shepard could flip out on his crew because no one would feed his fish. Which I know about Kelly but do we really need 8 assholes typing on the bridge? Im saving the galaxy dammit, somebody shake those fish flakes.
>>
>>343258439
How mad are you that someone pointed out the flaws in how people look at ME1? Or are you gonna defend the inventory system?

>>343258615
I might agree, but I'm not blinded so as to ignore all of the issues it had like a lot of people do. It was still a very flawed game, just like the rest of the series.
>>
>>343258268
having worked on a boat, I can see a lot things adapted from naval/maritime protocol and traditions. The world building was really great in this.
>>
>>343257779
the only problem with the inventory system was having to turn duplicates or underpowered items into omni-gel. which you could do before you even picked it up, but a lot of players don't remember that, they just empty every canister and soon enough they get bogged down.
>>
>>343254858
There's a freecam or dev mode for Mass Effect?
>>
New Squadmate wishlist
>A Synthetic who isnt socially retarded
>Female Turian
>Quarian (doesnt matter) with a good face reveal
>>
>>343258906
I didnt think the inventory system was all that bad. It wasnt good definitely but it wasnt unforgivably atrocious either. Faster scrolling speed, quicker selling options, and tabs for different categories is all it was missing, and i'd take what 1 gave us over nothing at all. Or hell just seperate them into tabs, that alone would have been enough, there was no need to scrap it entirely.
>>
>>343259157
Well that was mainly an issue because the game throws so much loot at you and yet gives you a relatively small cap. But otherwise the general layout made it a pain to navigate. It wasn't the worst thing ever but it was really poorly done.

>>343259553
But even if it was better than nothing at all, that doesn't make it good. I'm talking about how people will brush it aside because of that. They'll pick out every single flaw in 2 and 3 in contrast.
>>
>>343260129
Yeah i'm not the type to say it was good at all, it was one of my bigger complaints going through. Along with no sprinting outside of combat, and the limited amount you get even during.

It's partially why i wish i could take aspects of the sequels and put them in the first.
>>
File: 12165487492354.png (28 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
12165487492354.png
28 KB, 344x517
>>343260129
Didn't mind it in 1.
Abhorred what they did in 2.
Would rather spend my time tearing down ME2 fags that are so full of themselves and their 96/100 over-rated piece of shit than trying to defend 1's flaws.
>>
>>343259418
>Female Turian

My man.
>>
File: 1463628212647.jpg (10 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1463628212647.jpg
10 KB, 219x230
>>343234017
>Yfw there wont be a Rogue Trader rpg game similar to ME allowing you to have Xenos crewmates
It's not fucking fair. Warhammer40k is a way better Sci-Fi scene than Mass Effect.
>>
>>343259418
FTFY
>A Synthetic who isnt socially retarded
>Female Turian version of tali
>Quarian version of garrus with a good face reveal
>>
I really hated everything about ME1.
Enough so that I never played the others.

Bioware made good games at some point, right?
>>
File: 1449058504347.png (311 KB, 735x448) Image search: [Google]
1449058504347.png
311 KB, 735x448
>>343259418
>Liking Synth's
>>
>>343261025
>Would rather spend my time tearing down ME2 fags that are so full of themselves
Pretty sure ME1 fags are more full of themselves than ME2 fags.

Actually where are all of these ME2 fags you speak of? Most of the time the series is brought up on /v/ it's praising ME1, shitting on ME3 and about 70/30 that with ME2.
>>
>>343261517
If you hated ME1 because of the combat, then do give ME2 a try because they changed it to a cover-shooter with space magics.
>>
File: Jade-Empire.jpg (289 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Jade-Empire.jpg
289 KB, 1680x1050
>>343261517
Back in the day, lemme tell you, this was the shit.
You'd probably hate it though.
>>
>>343261332
you could do an inquisitor rpg, moral choices about having a demon "companion", eldar ally etc.
doesnt even have to be triple A, you could make it a roguelike a la darkest dungeon or the harebrained schemes shadowruns
>>
File: MassEreactions.png (627 KB, 1220x720) Image search: [Google]
MassEreactions.png
627 KB, 1220x720
>>343261610
For what it's worth, I've been shitting on 2 for the last 5 years, and it's only been in the last 12 months I've started seeing /v/ come around.
Until then liking ME1 over ME2 was a meme opinion.
And it still is outside /v/.
>>
>>343234017

>SWKOTOR 1-2

were better
>>
>>343261517
what's the reason

yeah me1 combat is clunky but it's drastically improved in 2&3

if it's the story than go fuck yourself mass effect's lore is great
>>
File: 1463035241570.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463035241570.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>343262330
Wait a second.
>last 12 months.
>ME:A is starting to build its hype train around this time
>Big feature is returning to ME1 'exploration'
I really fucking hope this is just a coincidence
>>
File: 1465014245845.jpg (92 KB, 905x703) Image search: [Google]
1465014245845.jpg
92 KB, 905x703
>>343262224
No fuck that. Rogue Trader Rpg would be much better.
>Main premise is travel around the galaxy selling exotic Imperium and Xeno shit to make money
>Already have Rogue Trader class cruiser ship
>Items you sell are worth more depending on the planet and faction that owns it.
>Start off with basic human crewmates, a Techpriest navigator, Ex-guardsman bodyguard, a semi-sentient Servitor engineer but recruit more powerful crewmates the further the game progresses
> Customize your Power armor suit and weaponry ranging from bolt-guns to small flamers and power swords
>Planet cities you can land on that also show the alien cultural differences (Eldar Craftworld, Ork villages or Imperium Civilized, Paradise and Feral worlds)
>Discover some Chaos or Necron shittery and save the Galaxy
>>
>>343261332
War what?
>>
>>343234017
Agreed. This is usually used as the big gotcha against JRPG fags, but really, it isn't much less stupid or embarrassing as the games it's used to criticize in comparison.
>>
File: 13453674567346.jpg (99 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
13453674567346.jpg
99 KB, 602x792
>>343234017
>Babby's first Bioware game.
>>
>>343262330
What the fuck is a meme opinion supposed to mean?
>>
File: 1464595217526.gif (441 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1464595217526.gif
441 KB, 260x146
>>343263598
Warhammer 40,000
>>
>>343262817
>mass effect's lore is great
>2 adds in mags
>says lore is great

2 ass raped whatever lore 1 established.
>>
>>343261332
>Warhammer 40k
Slay everything badasses in power armor contending against an endless horde of zergs, fighting an undying race of machines, butting heads with a super breeding force of orkz, which is spitting at a super advanced race of space elves.

Sounds... fucking... awwwwwstupid
>>
File: 1464586324759.jpg (60 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
1464586324759.jpg
60 KB, 673x696
>>343264351
Must suck being a worthless underpower loving faggot.
>>
I really wish there was a way to kill the Council without destroying the Destiny Ascension. The crew and all them dont deserve it and the ship is definitely valuable but seriously FUCK the council. I still regret saving them in my paragon run. After all i do for them and after i've proven myself over and over they still treat you like shit and dont take you seriously or trust you.
>>
>>343263767
Never heard of it. Is gif related?
>>
>>343264560
>Never heard of it.
wow do you actually go on the internet at all
>>
>>343264534
Consider that nerve touched.
>>
File: Culexus_colored.jpg (220 KB, 900x615) Image search: [Google]
Culexus_colored.jpg
220 KB, 900x615
>>343264560
Gif pretty much symbolizes what happens in the whole universe. Death. Lot's of it. No pussy baby shit like in Mass Effect either.
>>
File: 1463895613612.jpg (14 KB, 191x216) Image search: [Google]
1463895613612.jpg
14 KB, 191x216
>>343264796
Thank (you)
>>
>>343264795
I go on /v/ at least once a day. Never heard of this game before is it rare?
>>343264831
So why isn't it more popular?
>>
File: Thanks Lori.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Lori.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>343264795
>Reference shit that makes the autists of gaming look like normies in comparison.
>Get upset when even fellow aspies don't always know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>343264948
>game
it's a franchise not a specific title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN8geCTlZOo
>>
>>343236536
I'm playing Mass Effect 3 right now, and it is easy ad dirt to turn down all that pandering shit if you don't want it.
Hell, that annoying reporter girl who was played by Olivia Munn could be thrown out of the game in the very first conversation.
>>
File: 1464328874367.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1464328874367.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
>>343264948
Well 40k is getting plenty of games. Gothic Armada just released and soon an Inquisitor rpg, Eternal Crusade and Deathwing will be dropped too. Also Dawn of War 3 that looks like a huge fucking dissapointment so far.
>>
>>343265056
>franchise
>Warhammer III

Do these games even sell? How long has this been a thing that I only just now heard of Warhammer Dawn of War?
>>343265207
Is pic also related? Looks like something off of deviant art.
>>
>>343265515
Warhammer 40k is a 30 (34 counting the original WH) year old tabletop franchise

Yes the games sell
There have been WH vidya since at least the early 90s

Also welcome to 4chan
>>
>>343265515
they sell decently well, but 40k games lately have been pretty shit

warhammer 40k is a miniature tabletop game from like the 80s, and most games that revolve around t are strategy based

also dawn of war has been around for a while and is one of the best rts games around

some newer games coming out with the 40k ip look pretty cool though and aren't strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_IJ_ASTHzU
>>
File: 1462765826557.jpg (744 KB, 1000x1242) Image search: [Google]
1462765826557.jpg
744 KB, 1000x1242
>>343265515
Here's better image of Da Orkz. And yeah DoW sold pretty well but now the third title looks like it'll flop hard. It's mostly Sega's fault. Fucking nips are mistreating Warhammer games.
>>
How did we went from talking a masterpiecelike ME to literal nerd sperg tasteless trash like WH?
>>
File: 1460092275314.jpg (479 KB, 1250x1126) Image search: [Google]
1460092275314.jpg
479 KB, 1250x1126
>>343266071
Because Yer a Grot. That's why.
>>
>>343265862
>>343265883
Well they must be doing something wrong here. I have never heard of it and that one anon said it isn't fair that ME series is more popular.
>>343265889
The artwork is really awful.
>>
>>343265889
Why will DoW 3 flop hard? I don't know. I've only seen interviews but dude what. It looks like DoW 1 but bigger and that's the shit I'm talking about.
>>
>>343263748
An opinion only memers can take.
A meme.
A facetious opinion made in jest.
>>
>>343260129
>They'll pick out every single flaw in 2 and 3 in contrast.

this is because 1 is better than the sum of its parts, 2 and 3 are not
>>
File: 1466662960827.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2028) Image search: [Google]
1466662960827.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2028
>>343266427
Artwork and graphics look like Plastic crap. Also how someone in Terminator armor is doing fucking backflips and spin jumps slamming into crowds of Eldar troops made it worse. "Capturing moba popularity" is something no Dawn of War fan wants. I just want my land raider army fistfucking Xeno and Chaos alike in pleasing Dawn of War 2 graphics.
>>
>>343266491
Oh. Well that doesnt really work in the context of the thread.
>>
>>343264831
You're forgeting the part where 70% of the lore is fanfic-tier.
>>
>>343264831
Dead of shitty edgy porn tier characters that make no difference at all.
>>
>>343234017
I enjoyed Mass Effect, it was a good sci fi action rpg with interesting characters and story

I did get lost on the Citadel a lot though my first play through
>>
>>343266349
>It's not popular enough for me to have heard of it so why is it unfair that it's not popular
Is this just really lazy bait
>>
>>343266781
Yeah I'm not surprised I never heard of this franchise before. I just checked wikipedia and apparently they have made a ton of games within this franchise. The look of the armor and orc guys is so damn laughably bad. Like if some 12 year old designed what he thinks is cool.
>>
>Mako sections were flawed but important to establishing the scope and scale of the game

>Instead of improving it in the sequel, they removed it instead

Protip: a sequel with fewer features tham the original is a bad fucking game
>>
>>343267389
That's pretty much their power, the more "cool" and dramatic something looks, the more effective it actually is
>>
>>343268164
Sounds like a great sci fi franchise......
>>
File: youseemperturbed.jpg (113 KB, 414x446) Image search: [Google]
youseemperturbed.jpg
113 KB, 414x446
>>343268304
Better than mass effect alright, least they haven't gone to another galaxy yet.
>>
>YOU ARE NOT SAREN

legit shit myself.
>>
>>343251519
no, you're just repeating bullshit hear-say without doing any research by yourself
>>
>>343268381
In case you did not get it I was being sarcastic. These Warhammer devs should just call it quits.
>>
>>343268525
That reveal was definitely a highlight, one of my favorite parts about the entire series.
>>
File: 1461957295387.jpg (236 KB, 800x1088) Image search: [Google]
1461957295387.jpg
236 KB, 800x1088
>>343268703
Call quits and leave three shittier sci-fi franchises to continue? No thanks. Not until there's a Roight n' propah Ork game released yet.
>>
>>343234584
>пoшyкaл
Why is hoholspeak inserted into Russian?
>>
>gameplay
Yeah, it kinda sucked, I'll give you that. ME2 brought in a new style of combat that worked much better. ME3 expanded on that and made it really enjoyable.
>story
Not QUITE that simple. Play all 3 with all of the DLC and you'll understand it. Your judgement right now is like someone who's never seen Star Wars dismissing the storyline as "oooh, a fascist leader." It's only a tiny fraction of the story.
>Voice acting
Mark Meer sucks. Not gonna argue with that. He does a little bit better in the last two games, but only if you play paragon. His renegade shep is really fucking bad all the way through. Also there are a few lines in ME1 that can be blamed on the scriptwriters. ON THE DUBBLE MISTER

Overall, though, I still gotta say it's one of my favorite franchises ever.
>>
File: miya-san is positive.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
miya-san is positive.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
>>343269195
>tfw the mystery and the intimidation of the reapers is completely ruined in the sequels
>>
File: 1463418926117.jpg (27 KB, 408x447) Image search: [Google]
1463418926117.jpg
27 KB, 408x447
>>343234017
>it's a mako section
>>
>>343270120
Aside from the cover system i thought that 1 had a better combat system than 2. 3's combat was the best between them all though.
>>
File: 1449537101407.jpg (163 KB, 631x637) Image search: [Google]
1449537101407.jpg
163 KB, 631x637
>>343270278
>It's a Mako section
>>
>>343270452
2's combat system is in the uncomfortable middle ground between 1 and 3. it feels really clunky and slow compared to fluidness of 3, but doesn't have its own personality like 1 does
>>
>>343241391
just coming in to say that good AI existed before 2007 you fuckhead
>>
With the topic of Warhammer 40k...

What is the bigger threat? Reapers or Chaos Gods?

Also, what would the story of the Mass Effect games be if the council hired The Emperor's own Spess Merines?
>>
>>343272914
the thing about 40k, is that everything is made to be overpowered by any means
it only works because they cancel each other out
necrons/tyranids excluded

so implanting anything 40k in to another universe would completely imbalance it
>>
>>343273101
That's not to say that there are some things that do give them a run for their money.

Reapers could be a minor threat if they can use the Warp. If they only had the mass relays, fair enough.
>>
File: SHIT.png (70 KB, 220x205) Image search: [Google]
SHIT.png
70 KB, 220x205
SPEAKING OF WHICH

WHY BIOWARE HAS NOT MADE A GOD DAMN GOTY EDITION OF MASS EFFECT 3?

ALL OF THEIR DLCS COST TOO MUCH FOR LITTLE CONTENT APART FROM CITADEL

ME1 HAD A FREE DLC
ME2 HAD AT LEAST AN EXTENDED EDITION WITH ZAEED AND SOME OTHER SHIT
ME3 HAS DAY ONE DLC THAT YOU COULD CRACK TO UNLOCK PROTHEAN JAMAICAN

FUCKING EA, AT LEAST THE MULTIPLAYER IN 3 WAS OKAY
>>
>>343273506
Who wins? Orks or Krogan?
>>
Is 4chan incapable of understanding it's impossible to judge older games based on the metrics modern day titles go by?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.