[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>6 hours in. >Still at character creation. Them bonus point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Back-to-Back-Stranger.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Back-to-Back-Stranger.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>6 hours in.
>Still at character creation.
Them bonus point rolls were a real great idea weren't they?
>>
>>343228546
Is this good?
>>
>>343228546
What video game is this?
>>
>>343228671
Stranger of Sword City

>>343228546
That's kinda why I've stayed away for now. I don't look forward to all dem rolls taking hours.
>>
>>343228671
Missed all the "haha vita loses another exclusive" threads?Stranger of sword city
>>
>>343228645
7/10 drpg
you can put custom portraits in it and it's fun
>>
>>343228645
If you like classic dungeon crawlers then yes cuz it doesn't do anything new afaik.
>>
>>343228546
You have yet to see the amount of bullshit the game can throw at you
>no magic floors
>no skill floors
>always poison floors
>no teleporting away floors
>gold chests containing +18 broken spears
It just goes on and on
>>
>>343228878
It's nothing like classic dungeon crawlers, what the fuck are you on about.

It's a joke compared to a real crpg like grimrock, lands of lore, wizardry, m&m etc
>>
>>343228645
The dungeons are rubbish. I'm midgame now I think and the two new dungeons are just straight up hallways. Lost all interest.
>>
>>343228546
i beat the game and got alms ending but i don't understand
did I die in that ending?
>>
>>343229190
You have to understand that when weebs around here talk about dungeon crawlers they mean games like Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>343229248
The translation is ESL tier
(You) are the only stranger left in sword city
Alm teams up with you with the power of darkness and brings a new era of peace, I'm not sure but I think that also includes earth
In the neutral ending Rui's god just annihilates sword city and you booth live on earth like normal people
>>
>>343229675
thanks for clearing that up for me anon
>>
Its very fun based on my first hour or so with all the options and variety. Two things stood out to me though. Well maybe 3.

>The alternative anime uguu art style is grotesque compared to the first Dragons Crown style
>The difficult ramps up tremendously fast. The first group I fought in the tutorial maze killed 2 members in like one shot on normal. Plus the UI elements arent really explained.
>The random stat roll is a terrible design decision because you feel obligated to roll the max one over the course of an hour of clicking (I assume)
>>
I wish cross classing was explained more clearly, now I don't want to fucking place
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.