[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>someone starts to imply that vidya is art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: martinfreemangivesfinger.jpg (91 KB, 580x391) Image search: [Google]
martinfreemangivesfinger.jpg
91 KB, 580x391
>someone starts to imply that vidya is art
>>
As a talented indie developer, it sickens me that ignorant people like you aren't moved by the art I create for this world. I pity your inability to be moved by this mediun
>>
>>343223962
Try making a good game, cunt.
>>
>>343223962
Vidya is moving and shit but it still just entertainment. Art is whe you paint canvas and peeps go like " fuck that is nice" and dont try to paint it.
>>
>>343223962
as an indie dev and artist the only reason to want games to be considered art is so people will stop trying to censor it. Otherwise I really don't give a shit what people calls it.
>>
Video games as a whole are not art, they are entertainment

that does not mean that some games aren't art
>>
>>343224102
Even if my games were bad, which they aren't, bad art is still art
>>343224213
If you think only paintings can be art, you are literally retarded
>>
>>343224551
This.
There are games that are art, there are just way more shitty games that they're drowned out in the discussion.
>>
>>343224849
>bad art I'd still art
Would you call a shit film art?
>>
You can write your name on a toilet and call it art. being called art really doesnt mean shit anymore. Pretty much all you need for something to be art is for something to exist and have someone call it art
>>
video games are art as much as rock em sock em robots are
>>
>>343223476
First define art
>>
>>343224551
All art is entertainment, not all entertainment is art. The qualifications of art are nebulous and widely disagreed upon; it would be more useful to just call everything entertainment.
>>
>>343225113
Yes , you clearly don't understand the definition of art. I can shit on your living room floor and that would be art
>>
>>343223476
video games don't need to be art
the only people who want them to be called art want to justify indulging their childhood hobby to other, better-adjusted adults
>>
>>343225113
There are plenty of shitty art films.
>>
File: Nanako.png (645 KB, 568x602) Image search: [Google]
Nanako.png
645 KB, 568x602
>>343223476
what's art?
>>
File: 1447496736359.jpg (9 KB, 200x255) Image search: [Google]
1447496736359.jpg
9 KB, 200x255
>He is so buttflustered that he is wasting his days on cheap entertainment that he needs it to be labeled as "art" to feel better
inb4 someone posts that embarrassing collage of "art games"
>>
File: smw.jpg (82 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
smw.jpg
82 KB, 600x401
Fucking ART
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.