[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is tf2 better then overwatch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: tf2_1_lg.jpg (280 KB, 850x480) Image search: [Google]
tf2_1_lg.jpg
280 KB, 850x480
So is tf2 better then overwatch?
>>
Oh, lol idk. The main difference between the two is not the intended recipient of this email address. I am going through some personal stuff and I already told them I'd be here lol. Yeah it's not just the way to get into racing at work or on the bus and I'd prefer if people couldn't hear what I'm listening to.
>>
>>343221879
You know the answer if you are posting on /r/overwatch
>>
>>343222174
>/r/overwatch
Why /v/???
>>
>>343221879
If you want a game filled with cancer and memes, go play tf2, if you want to play a game with cancer and memes, go play overwatch.
>>
>>343223759
But, which one is more fun?
>>
>>343224475
You can start with tf2 and then play overwatch.

You can't play tf2 After playing overwatch.
>>
>>343225353
Why?
>>
>Tfw, got my first hat today.
Best feel.
>>
TF2 is only fun for me when you play Scout or Soldier personally
It's so fun rocketjumping and reigning destruction from above.
>>
TF2 is easily the superior game.

My friend just couldn't handle playing tf2 and would bitch and moan a lot when he would get his ass handed to him by a scout, so he and i switched to Overwatch since it's a casual piece of shit
>>
>>343221879
Nah tf2 is shit. Overwatch feels more like classic tf
>>
Yes.

I know about "opinions", but anyone who says or thinks that Overwatch is a game superior to TF2 is either being facetious or retarded.
>>
guys all my friends are playing Overwatch and want me to switch over but I fucking hate blizzard.

Is Overwatch actually good or is it casual trash? I really don't want to give Blizzard my money.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>343226725
Me either brother, but if you have friends playing it then all that matters is you're having fun and engaging in human to human relationships, even if that means supporting shit companies.

Same reason why you should still use Facebook.
>>
>>343226725
Don't hate the company hate the game.

That being said Overwatch is probably the most casual shooter i have ever played. I don't get angry when i play it, and yet i dont get gratification when i win. It's just boring overall imo.

I'd keep playing TF2 but i already sank 500 hours into it and had my fill
>>
TF2 is betterin pretty much every way that matters.
>>
TF2 is mechanically deeper and strategic, Overwatch is much more about knowing how to counter other characters and timing ultimates.
>>
>>343227245
TF2 is also about countering characters with other characters, and it has items you can equip that help to further that.

>be sniper
>see spy
>pick razorback to counter him
>he picks ambassador to counter my razorback
>>
>>343227074
Tf2 was casualized like fuck though compared to tf
>>
>>343227395
So does that suddenly mean that Overwatch isn't the more casual game?
>>
>>343227371
Yes, but it's much easier to carry a bad team in TF2 because the counters aren't as hard as they are in OW. Also, no one seriously uses the razorback.
>>
>>343221879
In the long run, probably.

The damn game still has a decently sized playerbase after all these years.
>>
>>343227371
Razorback is a hard counter to Spy in competitive. Ambassador or not, he's not getting the pick.
>>
>>343225861
Post-purchase rationalization
>>
>>343223759
Capped for future use
>>
>>343221879
so far as weapon choices yes, so far as loot drops yes

Blizzard really needs to add more maps soon, and put something more substantial in their loot crate drops other than fucking sprays and icons
>>
>>343226725
Doesn't it have a refund option? If it sucks dicks so much, just refund and tell your casual babby friends to fuck off.
>>
>>343227763
shitter detected
>>
>>343227883
That theme gave me cancer
>>
TF2's hayday has come and gone. Its only for if you play on a few servers. But other than that its lost a lot of its charm and luster. Valve trying to add competitive play is too little too late at this point.

Besides, the original "competitive" scene for TF2 was tainted after all those people got VAC banned for cheating, a few hundred of them actually being professional TF2 players
>>
>>343228016
I'm sorry.
>>
>>343227763
>Razorback is a hard counter to Spy

m8...
>>
>>343221879
It was before all the extra weapons, demoknight, hats and dance moves.
For the past like 5 years its been absolute shit though, so no.
>>
>>343227763
Are you implying he has to stab even after seeing a razorback?
>>
File: primeval_warrior.png (63 KB, 339x541) Image search: [Google]
primeval_warrior.png
63 KB, 339x541
>>343221879
Nope
TF2 is outdated trash now desu
It was once something special
>>
>>343227763
Razorback is fucking garbage
One shot to the head with an Ambassador and another anywhere else is a clean kill.
>>
>>343228936
>>343228635
>>343228379
>>343228003
>being a shitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFXyE8SLHww

If you are an overhealed 185HP Sniper, a Spy trying to shoot you to death with his Ambassador peashooter will be unable to kill you without committing suicide on an even skill level, and even if he is willing to die he might not even get the pick.

That's why the entire plat player council, not just spies, voted to ban Razorback in UGC HL. It slows down the game when Snipers can't be instantly killed by their counter as was intended, and thus get to instantly kill everything in perfect safety (unless the enemy bombs in).
>>
>>343228646
TF2 is still fun. It's the community dissipating is what's killed it.
>>
File: beggars.png (65 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
beggars.png
65 KB, 512x512
>>343221879
TF2 is better because it has this weapon.
>>
>>343229584
>overhealed 185HP Sniper
>sniper
>overhealed ever
>>
>>343232517
I framed this all within the context of comp TF2. If you cannot grasp that concept, please stop replying.
>>
>>343229584
>posting an example with a shitty spy

lmao

notice how the spy gets off two shots most of the time

if he didn't have such shitty aim, that sniper would've been as a good as dead against an amby
>>
>>343229584
>just have to headshot you three times to kill you
that isn't hard at all

please stop playing against shitters and act like they prove your point
>>
>>343233738
not even three

he was going on about "overhealed snipers", so two amby headshots is still good enough to do the trick
>>
>>343229584
>spy isn't using the ambassador at all during the video
>is using either the l'etranger or revolver

If he actually used an ambassador he would have gotten those frags
>>
>>343234265
i expected the overheal needing 3 shots lmao

it's not exactly hard to get headshots with the ambassador, razorback or not, I've played on pubs where I just go spy and use the amby and shoot people with it, easy headshots
>>
>>343234349
well, if you don't get the 2nd chain in time, you would probably have to

point is, spy in general is a hard counter against a sniper, plain and simple

all razorback does is counter shitty spies
>>
>>343226725
man, my friends don't even play tf2 or overwatch.

Shit sucks. I miss my old communities.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.