[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy Tactics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Fftbox.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Fftbox.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
What is the best platform to play this on?
PS1? PSP? IOS/Android?

Or the Advance games?
>>
The one where you can patch out the slowdowns, possibly PSP
>>
>>343217453
PSP with the patch, avoid Android.

You won't lose much with PS1.
>>
iOS. They redraw all the sprite art in double res. The effort is quite amazing and the results are really good.

What's even more amazing is that they promised this and I think the update got delayed for two years, but it still fucking happened.
>>
>>343217521
>>343217556
Are PSP emulators working wonders or crashing garbage?
>>
>>343217814
Pretty much perfect
>>
>>343217762
How are the controls? I'm assuming pressing the wrong button isn't that big of a deal since it's turn-based
>>
The advance games are leagues better. Start with FFTA then play TA2
>>
>>343217762
Absolutely not. It's impossible to play with touch controls. You'll take 3 times as long to beat the game.
>>
>>343217814
PPSSPP works great
>>
>>343217960
This is where I've heard the community split. Some say you should start with advance since they're a bit stripped down and easier to get into. hmmm..
>>
>>343217960

>worst characters
>worst story
>worst music
>worst lore
>worst sprites

The only thing it does better is that FFT doesn't let you recripple your brother and tell your shitdick friends to deal with it.
>>
>>343218079
>>343217909
Nice
>>
File: TacticsOgrePSP[1].jpg (712 KB, 1504x1504) Image search: [Google]
TacticsOgrePSP[1].jpg
712 KB, 1504x1504
pic related is superior to FFT and FFTA in everyway, AND works perfectly on PPSSPP without needing a slowdown patch
>>
>>343217956
>>343218057
They worked fine for me. Completed it twice. Once on iphone 4 and once on an ipad 2 (the old one).

In all honesty, the game is way overrated and the translation is overdone. Too much faux-shakespeare. If you have a vita, get Tactics Ogre instead (just a better game). If you have a wii u get Tactics Advance. If you have an NDS, get Tactics Advance 2 (terrible story, great characters).
>>
>>343218332
>>343218271
Heard good things about this too, what's better about it really?
>>
>>343218845

literally everything
>>
>>343218845
It's just an ancient pissing contest.

Both are great. FFT is literally just TO2.0 that Square hired the director of TO to make for them.

Both have balance issues you can use to break and easymode them.

Both have mostly great plots that shit the bed right at the very end.

Both had bad PS1 localizations.

Both have good casts.

The only real pros TO has over FFT is when you compare the PSP versions. PSPTO has better writing, and no slowdown (which can be patched now anyway).

On the other hand, TO has a fucking awful crafting system.

It pretty much evens out.
>>
>>343219278
Now that's an answer, thanks anon.
>>
PPSSPP + War of the Lions + Unlag patch is the best way to play it.
>>
>>343217762
>redraw
Looks to me like they just upscaled it.
You can get a similar effect by enabling filters in an emulator.
>>
>>343219895
Are there ISO's available with the patch built in? ..okay i'll google it
>>
>>343219895
Found, thanks
>>
>>343217453
I'm always a proponent of original versions, but wotl on the psp is actually phenomenal. It only changed a few things I didn't like.

>two extra optional characters are shit
>not being able to steal Genji armor
>new classes don't make sense
>spells no longer have incantation dialog

But that's all over shadowed by

>voiced cut scenes
>non nippon translated dialog, which though charming, was objectively faulty.

Don't play advanced or iOS. mobile game crashes often.
>>
I'd recommend the original version or the PSP version.

Refrain yourself from using Orlandu or duping equipments.
>>
>>343218271
The original has better gameplay.
>>
>>343217453
PSP with speed hack +old script if you don't want ye olde anglish
>>
>>343219597
>>343219278
OG pisser here. Yeah that is a great answer.
>>
>>343220427
To be fair, being able to steal the Genji set outside of that random encounter was something that only happened in the american version.

Though it sucks, it took the difficulty of a memorable battle, it became just another OHKO the boss.
>>
>>343221031
The new script is a bit long winded and annoying, but the old script ruined the tone of the game and was barely coherent at times.

Neither one is ideal, but I don't recommend patching in the old script if you're playing WotL.

I really wish someone would just do a normal fucking English fan retranslation.
>>
>>343217960
>That shit horrible "judge" system
>That shit plot
>Those shit graphics
>That shit everything

Fuck right off.
>>
>>343217960
>The advance games are leagues better.

RED CARD! RED CARD!

The advanced games are bad and you're fucking stupid.
Why in the hell would you want class access to be divided into several small race dependent subgroups?
Why the fuck would you want to learn your abilities from equipment instead of a base pool of job points that affords you earlier access to the moves you want and better customization?
Seriously, equipping sub-optimal gear to learn moves is literally the most cancerous shit design I've ever encountered in any RPG.

Advanced has shittier character designs, shittier story, and generally shittier everything.

You have to be developmentally disabled to prefer the FFTA games.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.