[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? How is Fable series in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 19
File: fable.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fable.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
Is this game any good? How is Fable series in general?
>>
First one (not the remaster btw) is great, rest is shit.
>>
>>343216682
What happened to the remaster?
>>
>>343216520
It's literally this
>>
>>343217187
>First, second, third, remaster of first
Yup, checks out.
>>
>>343217085
By what i saw on some reviews they changed the menus info some sorta abomination form.
Beyond that i don't know and i don't quite care to know.
>>
Fable
>Charming as fuck
>Really fun to play and explore
>Pretty innovative for its time
>Epic as fuck villain

>Kind of short
>Doesnt come close to living up to hype
>Hasnt aged amazingly well

The Lost Chapters
>Fixes some problems with the original
>Expands original considerably
>Pretty much perfects it
>Perfect new voice for Jack of Blades

>Still hasnt aged the best but holds up a bit better

Fable II
>Adds some neat new ideas and features
>Some segments are genuinely really fun
>Tons of extra content to keep you busy
>Adds local multiplayer
>Playable female character

>Kind of feels like a retread of the original
>Multiplayer is weak as shit
>Ending is beyond shit-tier
>Feels bizarrely short

Fable III
Never played it, but I've heard NOTHING but negatives universally. Apparently it's tedious, buggy, over simplified limiting your choices, etc.

Fable Anniversary
>Literally the Lost Chapters, but somehow worse in practically every way... except some of the visuals are a little better sometimes?
>>
>>343216682
This.

>>343217085
"remaster" is worse than the original in every way possible - graphics are somehow worse because the engine is UE3 now which destroys all texture quality, menus are awful and consolized when they were perfect for kb+m in the original The Lost Chapters, the only new content the remaster adds is horribly overpriced items that become outclassed an hour into the game. The ONLY improvement added is a harder difficulty mode that nerfs resurrection phials and the physical shield spell - that's it.

>>343217608
Pretty accurate. Fable 2 was the comfiest of the series IMO, it's a damn shame it never got a PC port.
>>
>>343217608
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaw85bliyQ

>inb4 raging rodriguez
>>
>>343217608
This is all true, though it should be mentioned that II doesn't have quite the level of charm that 1/TLC had.

III has even less charm.
>>
So worth a pirate?
>>
>>343217801
maybe if it's the original lost chapters for PC
>>
>>343217801
definitely worth a pirate, at least
>>
File: Fable_TLC_-PC-_Box_Art_High_Res.jpg (2 MB, 1381x1742) Image search: [Google]
Fable_TLC_-PC-_Box_Art_High_Res.jpg
2 MB, 1381x1742
>>343217801
Fable TLC is definitely worth it. Don't bother buying it because Lionhead is now defunct and the money goes nowhere important.
>>
>>343217959
Holy fuck this needs to be a mosaic.
>>
File: Avos_tear.jpg (21 KB, 685x332) Image search: [Google]
Avos_tear.jpg
21 KB, 685x332
>>
>>343217608
the only thing worse in Anniversary are the menu controls when you play on PC, since the menu doesnt support the mouse, everything else is better

so if you want to get into Fabel, just get Anniversary and be done with it, 2 is mediocre at best and 3 is absolute shit
>>
>he didn't eat a dozen baby chickens in-front of the door to get the pickaxe early
>>
>>343216520
that game is great, 2 is bretty good, anything else is bad.
>>
so which one?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
or
http://store.steampowered.com/app/288470/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
>>
>>343218151
Anniversary feels like a buggy as shit port, though. Everything about it feels broken and awful. As a dedicated fan of the original and Lost Chapters I went ahead and pre-ordered Anniversary, and couldn't even stand playing the fucking thing long enough to get to the Hero's Guild.
>>
Fable 1 is amazing. A bit too easy for me but it was still a very fun game. I never played Fable 2 since it had no PC release but I heard it was meh. Fable 3 is complete trash though avoid that shit at all costs the first few hours were a fucking slog and I quit before I even got to any real combat/gameplay.
>>
>>343218118
Still the only thing about TLC that I dislike. The point of the Sword of Aeons at the end was to gain a lot of power in return for killing your sister (even if that was non-canon), having Avo's Tear available for taking the good option is bullshit.

Also in the original non-TLC version, SoA's damage was 500, but in TLC its damage is only 320 - same with Avo's Tear.

>>343218182
I always do this. I also cheese Hobbe Cave back and forth to get a combat multiplier of at least 30 for the demon door in front of it that gives the Cutlass Bluetane immediately after that pickaxe, turns the game into ezmode.

>>343218285
Original TLC, not Anniversary.
>>
>>343218338
>couldn't even stand playing the fucking thing long enough to get to the Hero's Guild.

Don't get me wrong. I hated the Anniversary edition and I was already furious by the time I got to the Heroes Guild, but saying "I only played 5 minutes" doesn't really sound good in making an argument.
>>
>>343218385
I went even one better once. Was bored so decided to see how strong I could get before killing the bee queen. Grinded the fuck out of hobbes and ate a few thousand fish for mana exp. 5 million gold, maxed out everything and a few more legendaries including skroms bow later and I one shotted the queen and plowed through the rest. Kind of fun honestly, still have a save right before the bee queen to incase I ever want to play again
>>
>>343216520
Fable is honestly so much fun. I was fit to burst the first time I reached the arena as a kid. Everything about that game is a blast, except the GM spam.

>your health is low
>do you have any potions, or food?
>>
>>343218385
>I also cheese Hobbe Cave back and forth to get a combat multiplier of at least 30 for the demon door in front of it that gives the Cutlass Bluetane
Muh Nigga
>>
>>343216520
First is good. Second is good. Third should be gathered up, thrown into a New Mexican landfill and only spoken about in hushed whispers of warning.
>>
>>343218385
>Sword of Aeons
I at least appreciated the easter egg they left for people who made the bad choice for both end game fights
>>343218915
>GM constantly talking to you through your seal
Honestly, that shit grew on me. I think what got to me the most in Fable II was the Heroes Guild being gone. It felt much more lonely being the last hero (fuck Garth, Hammer and Reaver) than being in a guild full of shitters that were always dropping in on your quests.
>>
>>343218880
That's the thing, though. I genuinely loved the original and Lost Chapters, but the actual controls themselves were so broken in Anniversary that's literally the longest I could stand playing it. I played for a good hour, JUST trying to adapt to the new feel of it, hoping it was just 'updated' and needed getting use to... and that never happened.
>>
>You will never play 2

FeelsBad
>>
>>343219527
It's even worse for people like me who only played it long ago, forget most of it, want to play it again, but their xbox broke. I want a PC version damnit, and now we'll never get it because Lionhead was fucking shut down.
>>
TLC is the best but I have to nerf myself. Limiting levels, spells, sticking to a character etc
>>
>>343219492
Isn't there an option two switch to the classic Fable controls? Or was that not an option at launch or something? I couldn't stand playing Anniversary with the Fable 2/3 layout, but I switched it.
>>
>>343219668
It wasn't the controls themselves, but the way the character controlled. It felt broken, like I couldn't move my character how I wanted to.

The game also chugged really fucking bad for some reason. Like... unplayably bad.
>>
Is it better to use bows or crossbows?

How strong is magic in this game?

Can I roleplay evil wizard effectively?
>>
>>343219947
>bows or crossbows
Crossbows generally feel a little stronger on average, but I believe the strongest ranged weapon is a bow. I prefer the feel of bows.

>how strong is magic in this game
God-like

>evil wizard
Very effectively.
>>
>>343219947
Bows>crossbows.
Magic is OP.

Yes, that's one of the classic archetypes for playing the game and having as most fun as possible.
>>
>>343219424
Your sentiments are relatable. I missed 'em in the end. His spam was still undoubtedly ingrained in my adolescent brain meat though. He spoke for nary a decent reason most of the time.
>>
>>343219947
Crossbows are objectively better in general than regular bows.
Magic is OP.
Yes.
>>
>>343219668
Not at all. My experience with the game on release went something like this
>Use M+KB because Fable TLC had flawless controls
>Realize you can't use mouse on the now consolized menus
>Realize you have to instead use the arrow keys and the "A" and "B" buttons (yes, A and B on a fucking keyboard
>No option to change keybindings
>say fuck it and go through Oakvale trying to ignore how much of a pain in the ass it is to go through the menus in an RPG with shit controls
>Heroes Guild training begins
>realize block is middle mouse button and can't be changed
>don't have a working middle mouse button
>say fuck it and take out a controller
>Reload to before the quest because took a few hits and muh scarring
>They changed the saving so that you now have to repeat the entire heroes guild training segment
>The heroes guild training is bugged for reloading (issue in both versions) and because of the new saving, have to restart the whole game
>say fuck it

I seriously cannot understand how a game that was released on PC over 10 year ago with perfect controls could get a rerelease with controls worst than most modern console ports. It seriously boggles my mind.
>>
File: mischief.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
mischief.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>343220275
>mfw loading screen tip in Fable 2 alludes to the evil choice from the end of TLC where you can kill the guildmaster that your player character carved "Your health is low" into his forehead

>>343220303
Crossbows are too slow to reload, they're out-DPSed by bows and every legendary bow>every legendary crossbow.
>>
>>343220142
>>343220303

I'm getting some mixed responses regarding bows.
>>
>>343219947
Bows.
So strong it is more-or-less an auto win when paired with a weapon style. Pair it with a bow and see the niggers drop like flies.

Ebil Wiz0rd is easy as balls to RP. Murder everyone, offer up the living as tithe to the Old Gods. You know. Standard evil wizard fare.
>>
>>343220521
Play for yourself and find out. Honestly the game is easy enough that you can nerf yourself a little and use crossbows for the style points. I love the artstyle in the game but all of the bows just look a little too bulky and ugly for me.
>>
>>343220521
Crossbows deal more damage per hit (great with one of the late game spells that makes your ranged hit four times with one shot), but bows are stupid fast. You are able to unload two shots with a bow to every one shot with a Crossbow. DPS is higher.
>>
>>343220974
It should be noted that DPS is relatively unimportant when you are literally a Hero among peasants. Use whatever you think is awesome, it'll do you just fine.
>>
>>343218901
That's a good idea honestly. I never though about fucking off after exiting the hero's guild and just messing around in the rest of the world not doing quests. I should try.
>>
>>343220491
Odd, to me crossbows felt faster to reload and more damage dealing (with the exception of any legendary bows).
>>
Reminder that Sharpening>every other Augmentation. Always always put it on your weapons if they have empty slots.
>>
>>343219865
I had none of those problems, maybe your just a scrub, probably played it with a controller too, don't blame a game for your shortcomings, thanks
>>
File: 1457761253785.jpg (142 KB, 610x1308) Image search: [Google]
1457761253785.jpg
142 KB, 610x1308
>>343221465
You get faster reloads with the bow if you put points into skill, I'm pretty sure crossbows reload at a flat rate no matter what.
>>
File: 1461935455769.jpg (171 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461935455769.jpg
171 KB, 1600x1200
>>343221479
>not being a turbo scrub and putting regen on everything you own.
>>
>>343218901
Every playthrough I typically travel all the way to Oakvale before I do any of the guild quests.

Grind magic the whole time, conserve Will Potions, devote all money to Will Potions. Sell Resurrection Phials.

Invest in Physical Shield and increasing Mana Bar as early as possible.

Boost strength as well, do be able to wield the Obsidian Greataxe you dig up in Oakvale.

Proceed to cheese the entire game, and take "no damage" boasts on every quest to make bank.

It's just so comfy to do.
>>
>>343221408
It sucks in a way because knothole glade is off limits but it's kind of funny being some giant hulking demi god and having rose talk shit to you even though you're a legendary hero.
>>
>>343216520
Only played the first one and it didn't live up to the hype. Combat was ok though, but got tiring when fighting the same recycled enemies over and over again.
>>
>>343221479
>not buying master variant of all weapons and stacking it with a single augment type for situational weapon use

My master silver great sword one shots white balverines
>>
>>343222150
I guess that's a good way to spend money since it's abundant in this game, but you could oneshot white balvarines with the Bereaver or Solus Greatsword too.
>>
Hammers > All
>>
>>343222246
It's mainly about the spending money. Once I figured out the trader glitch I literally could never run out
>>
>>343222636
What was the glitch?
>>
fable was great in it's time but has aged poorly
i liked the second one because it maintained some the feel from the first one but the 3rd one took it's self too seriously IMO. it almost feels like a completely different universe from the first 2.

also i feel like i was the only person interested in this.
>>
File: Fable-Legends-PC[1].jpg (1005 KB, 1902x1065) Image search: [Google]
Fable-Legends-PC[1].jpg
1005 KB, 1902x1065
>>343222902
forgot pick
>>
>>343222790
Not him but the way the economy of each shop works is retarded. Leveling up your Guile skill will increase the gold you get from selling stuff/decrease the cost of buying stuff, but that isn't essential.
The way trader stocks work is that they'll sell things they have a surplus of for cheaper than their base cost, and if they're out of items they'll pay more than the base cost for them. So it's as simple as buying a lot of emeralds for example from a shop in Oakvale for cheaper than normal, then selling them all back immediately for a profit. You can do this as early as when you leave the Guild too and have less money by doing it with cheaper items in Bowerstone like potions.

Bravo Lionhead.
>>
File: 1406321850255.png (78 KB, 324x420) Image search: [Google]
1406321850255.png
78 KB, 324x420
>mfw I bought fable anniversary a few days ago before seeing this thread

from what I see they just upped the graphics and left everything the same.

did I just waste $5.24? That was a perfectly good hamburger.

I never played any of the fable games before

Should I get the lost chapters? Which should I play first? Anniversary or lost chapters?
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
http://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=42
join for cards against humanity
>>
>>343223296
By reading the thread you'll see why Anniversary is bad. The original TLC is much better.

Also you should pirate it, because the devs are dead now the money won't go anywhere helpful.
>>
>>343223296
If you play one, there's no need to play the other. They're fundamentally the same game.

TLC is better.
>>
>>343223296
Alot of fun bugs were fixed, and PC support has been ruined. Graphics arguebly worse that original, and somewhat dependant on your graphics card.
>>
>>343223421
>>343223445
So just start playing TLC?

Man, I wasted a good burger then

I have TLC pirated
>>
>>343221647
Well that would explain it.
>>
>>343216520

remember all the bullshit molyneux said about the game? its even worse than todd

game turned out fine though
>>
>>343223574
if you bought it from steam just return it
>>
>>343223574
>So just start playing TLC?
yessir
>>
Fable promised too much, but was a really cool game for what it was when you get past the guild masters voice constantly following you everywhere talking about your health level and to take a health potion or food. Apparently bethesda liked it enough to basically use that game mechanic in skyrim which I felt was a real let down to TES series along with using magic was almost exactly the same as Fable.

First Fable was basically impossible to not beat if you had the slow time magic spell.

Fable II cut a lot of play style content but the game was longer story wise and had more play through content and still had a few choices about how to play through it. Was overall a solid game.

Didn't play 3 watched a demo of the intro when it was about to come out and decided I wasn't interested.
>>
>>343223731

>For example, if you choose to carve your initials in a tree, the initials will still be there if you come back to the tree 10 years later

also some shit about if you knocked an acorn off a tree a tree would grow out of it

lmao
>>
>>343223796
>slow time
or
>physical shield
>multi arrow
>multistrike
>berserk
>divine fury/bad dude equivalent
>Assassin's Rush

Not that it was a bad thing. Fable spells are mostly god tier
>>
The worst part about the TLC area is that other than the chest with Archon's Armor, all the other silver chest loot was shit.
>>
File: 1463710138306.png (153 KB, 275x258) Image search: [Google]
1463710138306.png
153 KB, 275x258
>YO ELF IS LOW! DO YO HAVE ANY POTIONS OR FOOOOD???
Will haunt me until the end of times
>>343218182
>get a dead body there
>DOOR: YOU MUST PERFORM AN IEEEVEL DIIIIID THAT IS NOT ENOUGH YOU FAGGOT
Fucking door. Eating chickens is evil?
Also
>Door: YOU NEED TO GET YOUR MULTIPLAAAH EVEN HIGHHER
Fuck you damn doors. I will just teleport to that place with hugeass monsters later in game, hit them with the weakest weapon of the game, get a bunch of multiplier and teleport back.
>>
>>343219424
What Easter egg?
>>
>>343216520
1 was great, 2 was good, 3 was okay, Kingston game was allegedly ass but I don't know anyone who actually played it.
>>
>>343225743
>Kingston
Meant Kinect
>>
>>343222790
Exploiting the supply and demand mechanics. Buy out all a merchants stock in an item and sell it back
>>
>>343225560
if you wear the mask and took the Sword of Aeons. You get a special journal entry where Jack laughs at the hero for owning a diary.
>>
>>343223779
>>343223750
Thanks for the help lads
>>
>>343217704

One of the other things the remaster did was fixing the bug where you could buy items from a shop and sell them back to the same shop instantly for a profit. Which is a big enough deal that I prefer it actually.
>>
>>343217704

>Fable 2 was the comfiest of the series IMO, it's a damn shame it never got a PC port.

you, I like you
>>
2 is absolutely the best
>>
>>343216520
1 - great
2 - dumbed down, buggy and slow
3 - same as 2
>>
So is Fable still worth playing or is it a bunch of nostalgiafags speaking?
>>
>>343227545
Tbh the quests are still worth it.

+prostitutes and sacrifices.
>>
>>343227545
It's worth two playthroughs - one evil and one good. Game's a decent length too so it's worth it.
>>
>>343227545
pirate it and see for yourself

it's definitely worth at least trying out

I go back and play the game regularly, and it still holds up for me
>>
>>343216682
>>343217704
The remake is good and Fable was a console game to begin with, the menus were shat up and mustardized for the PC port. If you're not playing Fable with a controller you can fuck yourself honestly, I bet you emulate Wii games on your little gamer keyboard as well.
>>
>>343227230
Dumbass
>>
>>343228124
Fuck off with that bait, cunt.
>>
>>343226253
I thought you just needed the mask for that.
>>
>>343228218
No bait I'm 100% serious, self-entitled PC gamer cunts should take their obnoxious whining about "muh KB+M controls" and show it up their collective asses.
>>
>>343228716
>i'm 100% retarded
FTFY.
Get out. You're not fooling anybody, byebye now. Sayonara.
>>
Fable TLC is pretty mediocre.
>there aren't many armor options
>NPC interaction is just spamming emotes, spam X amount of times and the NPC loves you
>the whole choices shit is too black and white and becomes dumb, you either save the villagers or rape their kids in front of them.
>combat is also nothing special and some spells are completely unbalanced
>world is a bunch of narrow corridors
>picking either choice
>you can fix your alignment easy by just throwing money at a shrine, money which is very easy to come by

to be honest I never understood why people showered Fable 1 with praise
>>
>>343229216
*picking either choice allows you to get the same reward, evil sword that does 100 damage or light holy sword that does 100 damage
>>
>>343229216
Don't forget that if you go full evil you can fuck up your alignment simply by defending yourself from bandits and hobbes.
>>
File: drainmedrytootitties.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
drainmedrytootitties.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>343216520
They're decent games worth spending time on. Just don't expect anything amazing.

I mean there ARE good ideas in this series but some of them are just implemented to be meaningless in the long run. Like romance where story related NPCs are largely off limits such as pic related or the "Weapons that grow with you" in Fable III but... They just barely mean shit and ultimately you're playing the game to rip through the story.
>>
File: neutral.jpg (31 KB, 508x374) Image search: [Google]
neutral.jpg
31 KB, 508x374
>No neutral
>>
>>343229090
Be glad you even got to enjoy some scraps from the consoles, peasant.
>>
Seeing botw makes me think about what fable should have been, huge world where you can dick around, cutting down trees, hunting, setting fire, all that shit.
>>
Can I play Fable 2 on my xbone?
>>
>>343217608
>>Perfect new voice for Jack of Blades

NO

his original voice was chilling, it was serene but you knew there was a evil within

new voice is just generic demon down pitch shit
>>
File: killme1.jpg (20 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
killme1.jpg
20 KB, 361x330
>>343229913
I wanted to romance those big chocolate funbags

Never got to
>>
>>343230194
I think so.
>>
fuck, I bought fable 1 anniversary and have 5 hours in it so no refund

how the fuck do you switch out what shows up on your hud?
these controls are a mess
>>
>>343230629
Never play it again, uninstall.
Pirate Fable TLC instead. Enjoy a better game with proper controls.
>>
>>343230619

I lost my original cd a couple of years ago, and google doesn't gimme a good answer, but I think that if I buy it in the xbox marketplace, I can play it, even if it says xbox one?

Can any anon confirm?
>>
>>343224424
Well you could lose with those other ones, physical shield was tough but if you screwed up enough you could potentially lose if you got an unlucky string of hits landed on you like a balvarine knocking you down then going apeshit with attacks.
A lot of the spells were fun I'm not griping about them I just think it's not possible to lose if your using slow time specifically.
>>
File: jack-of-blades.jpg (416 KB, 1000x691) Image search: [Google]
jack-of-blades.jpg
416 KB, 1000x691
Why was he so perfect ?
>>
>>343230538
>Wanted to marry miss "stop that evil land owner from draining a lake he owns and start a mining operation that benefits the entire nation"
Lust i can understand, but never tie the knot with crazies.
>>
File: 1443340600011.jpg (90 KB, 599x489) Image search: [Google]
1443340600011.jpg
90 KB, 599x489
1 > TLC > 3 > 2

If you think 3 did more damage to the series than 2 you are wrong.
>>
>>343231362
> 3>2
explain yourself
>>
Fable 1/TLC is a solid game. At the time, it was massively disappointing and a joke, but it's worth playing.

Fable 2 is incredibly easy and casual, but it's pretty fun. The 17th century style setting and technology appealed to more than the medieval fantasy of the first.

Fable 3 is dogshit. It is even easier and more casual than Fable 2 and has no redeeming features.
>>
>>343231362
3 would be a pretty good game if it didn't just stop when you become king
>>
>>343230992
Because the game doesn't really introduce him to you until the arena and gave no indication that he had been behind the sacking of Oakvale when you were a kid, in fact I would go so far to say that unless you played with a strategy guide, you still thought it was Twinblade who was responsible. Also original voice>TLC voice fuck what >>343217608 said.
>>
>>343231129
>Not wanting to fix crazy with your cock
If only Fable was KOTOR we would've been able to do that
>>
>>343231129
Well not marry, just motorboat forever and ever

Her ideas were stupid
>>
>>343229216
>there aren't many armor options
and the ones that exist are good
>NPCs
The dialogue and emotes are nice
>Combat
Isn't balanced but it's not much of an issue because it's fun and reacts well
>world
It's linear, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's still well set up and full of nooks and crannies
>alignment
Easy to fix, yeah. But alignment itself seems alright.

You do have valid criticisms. But I don't feel like they invalidate aspects of the game. It's linear, but linearity can be good. It's easy, but the combat can be good. Alignment is easy to fix, but it's still interesting. You get the idea.
>>
>>343231362
>1 > TLC
what?

>3 > 2
wat

TLC > 1 >>> 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> 3
>>
I use to get drunk on beer and play fable by myself a lot.
I was really depressed. I started making my character drink beer with me all the time, only armor peice he had was a chainmail shirt and a platemail helmet, forgot what other clothes he wore but it looked really ratty. He grew out a tramp beard and cut his long hair, it went grey really fast. The world didn't seem very cheery it was usually sunset or night time, I'd stop to fish sometimes but mostly he just drank beer and killed people.
>>
>>343232848

This guy gets it
>>
Is pure caster viable or should I mix it up with melee?
>>
>>343216520
i enjoyed them thoroughly. theyre short as hell, and 3 kind of shat the bed a bit, but theyre fun enough that i replay them from time to time
>>
>>343233606
You get a spell that will summon you swords and a lot of level 1 spells are piss weak but yea It is doable.
>>
>>343233606
It was in fable 1, did it as an evil playthrough.
>>
>>343233606
any build is easily doable, although spells often mesh well with melee or ranged
>>
>>343232848
> 1 > TLC
Maybe he liked abusing certain glitches, like using shovel to go through walls?
>>
>>343228124
The remake is a piece of shit even on 360 .
Awful menu, they got rid of main menu music, frame drops, pop ups.
Got 1000G and resold it.
I frankly prefer my original Xbox copy.
I would play TLC on PC more often but no controller support. I'll try to get a Xbox copy sometimes.
>>
I'm 5 hours into anniversary, is it really worth restarting with TLC?
>>
>>343219947
It depends.

Crossbows are generally stronger but slow as fuck. I only ever used one as an opener to a fight then switched to sword.

Bows are generally less strong but much easier to spam.

When you get to the endgame, the ultimate Bow is the best ranged weapon you can have.
>>
>>343235236
All I've noticed in terms of difference so far is that TLC's audio's blasting my headphones
>>
>>343235236

Yes. Without hesitation, TLC is superior in almost every way.
>>
>>343235305
I hate how Crossbows are shit from get-go and not properly balanced vs the bows. Think they only have slight practicality during a TLC-only tutorial quest.
>>
File: Jessica.jpg (45 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Jessica.jpg
45 KB, 480x640
Why couldn't I marry her?
Thanks a lot lionhead
>>
Rognok the Axe > your favourite legendary weapon
>>
>>343235391
how so? controls seem to be more or less the same and as I mentioned the audio in TLC's fucked
>>
>>343235305
And if you min max your sacrificing you can get Skorms bow pretty much as soon as you leave the guild.
>>
>>343235659
TLC audio isn't fucked for me or anyone I know that have played it. Sounds like an issue on your end.
>>
>kill the fucking BANDIT KING
>+50 evil
>>
>>343235580
One of the best looking axes in any game
>>
File: 1454711912923.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1454711912923.png
156 KB, 270x270
>>343217869
>>343217608
>>343217085
>>343216682
>>343218285
>>343223296
>>343223421
>>343223574
>>343235236
>>343235391

HOW THE FUCK IS TLC BETTER

Ded serious. Dead serious. Here are a list of TLC's advantages over Remaster

>Faces are kind of silly in Remaster (but this partially nostalgia)
>UI is changed (but not objectively worse), again, nostalgia

Dead serious. Dead serious. How is Fable TLC better than the Remaster?

Beat Fable original 6 times on OG xbox
Beat TLC like 10 times on Xbox
Beat TLC like 5 times on PC
Beat Fable 2 4 times on 360
Played the Fable 2 pre order gambling game like for 100 hours
Beat Fable 3 once on 360
Beat Fable 3 once on PC
Beat Remaster once on PC

I love this fucking series. I am the biggest nostalgia fag out there and even I sincerely don't see how Remaster is worse.
>>
>>343235236
>>343235659
If you've grown used to the controls, you might as well keep playing. That's the biggest issue with Anniversary (as well as the menu design but I lump that in with their inability to understand PC design)

As far as audio, I've never had audio trouble with TLC.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJNLiw3yao
>>
>>343236052
>Not disgracing him and standing upright as champion of justice.
This cuckshed won't fill itself.
>>
>>343236092
dead serious
>>
>>343236092
Menu and UI is shit even on 360.
>>
>>343236092
I like how you didn't quote any of the posts making a point of how bad the controls are for Anniversary. Without going back through the whole thread
>>343220415
>>343219668
>>343219492
>>343218338
several more exist in this thread, you could also go through the archive for literally hundreds of threads on the topic. Considering you ignored the posts in this very thread though on the poor menu design and control scheme, you're probably just baiting.

If you want to argue you're being serious, start with mentioning how you coincidentally skipped several posts in this thread on controls and menu design while also not mentioning them in your post
>>
>>343236462
>>343236446
>>343236247

>not realizing keyboard controls are fully bindable (its a little clunky but possible)

Okay, so UI management is a little inconvenient on M+K (despite game is better played on gamepad but whatever its okay)
>>
>>343236842
>Fully
>Fully
>Okay, so UI management is a little inconvenient on M+K
>Fully
>Okay, so UI management is a little inconvenient on M+K
>>
>>343236945
Guy was complaining about block button and other keybinding IN the game. Which is possible. Fully.

Okay, so here is result. If you play with a gamepad, get Fable Remastered. It is objectively better. If you play with a keyboard and mouse and are autistically impatient on menus, get TLC.

there
>>
>>343236842
>"little inconvenient"
>saying the menus are not objectively worse when it objectively takes longer to get around than it did several years ago
>in a game that requires several menus
>also a game that had a perfect M+KB set up several years ago
>somehow completely ruined
and for what? Shitty graphics? I dare you to tell me that it's easier to use a keyboard to slowly move through the new menus compared to using a mouse to immediately jump around in TLC

That's also not taking into consideration that keybinding was impossible on release and following release and the ui was even worse. They had to patch that shit in because of how incompetent they are.

You know what you haven't offered? A reason to play remastered.
>>343237169
>autistically impatient
Again, what value does remastered hold? Why would I play a game that is inferior in every way to TLC? You can say objectively better until the fucking cows come home. Several people in this thread have already made a point that remastered offers nothing EXCEPT shittier controls.

And FYI, if you say having to spend more time on menial tasks on video games isn't an issue. You're a fucking liar. You might as well tell me that you'd be fine waiting 30 seconds to transfer between zones.
>>
>>343236842
Did you even fucking read what I wrote?
It's slow and clunky even on a 360 with a controller.
Not mentioning the assbackwards control schemes.
>>
>>343237169
>if you play with a gamepad
>>343235114
seems to think otherwise
>>
>>343216520
Lost Chapters is the best, 2 was okay if you got over the shit comba and bosses. 3 was just ...... JUST>......
>>
>>343237472
>>343237590
>>343237624

>Shitty graphics?

Really? You honestly think Remastered looks worse than TLC?
>You know what you haven't offered? A reason to play remastered.
Better graphics.
>That's also not taking into consideration that keybinding was impossible on release and following release and the ui was even worse. They had to patch that shit in because of how incompetent they are.
And now that the game is being discussed in 2016, I discuss the game in fucking 2016 with patches and all.
>remastered offers nothing EXCEPT shittier controls.
Yes, graphics mean nothing. I'll be taking your Video card now, you can have my PS2.

>>343237624
>>343237590
I disagree wholeheartedly. If it is worse, it is still a small price to pay for much better graphical fidelity.
>>
>>343216520
It didn't age well.
>>
>>343237749
I like certain ideas and gimmicks attempted in 2 and 3, like side-jobs and clothing customization. The menu in 3rd fable was really nice too, even though most people did not like it. But man, they just had to keep making these games mechanicly worse and somehow easier with each release than the already easy 1st game. I am not even sure if its even possible to lose to an encounter in 3, let alone die to one.
>>
>>343237472
>Objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively objectively
>>
First one to post their steam URL gets a steam copy of Fable: TLC.
>>
>>343237995
>what is shittier graphics
>again, what is worse graphics
>by the way, the graphics aren't good

Seriously, all of your posts would have been made pointless if you just read through the thread first. People thought the graphics looked like shit since release. Your entire argument is basically you crying about nobody liking the graphics and nothing else.
>>
File: FA01[1].jpg (841 KB, 3371x1062) Image search: [Google]
FA01[1].jpg
841 KB, 3371x1062
>>343238404
It's not fucking Crysis, but as a remaster of a game years old, the graphics are much better.
>>
>>343238648
>(you)
For someone who talks about subjectivity so much, you really like to think your feelings are superior. You can enjoy the graphics all you want, the majority clearly feel it's not good. That's all your complaints boil down to.
>>
>>343237995
If you can extract something from my 360 do it.
I don't fucking believe a remake ( even that , only graphics are better and nothing else) get frame drops on a 360 from a 1st party developer.
Even Alien: Isolation runs on this toaster and with less frame drops.
Why couldn't they have done something akin to Halo anniversary?
>>
Fable was shallow as shit in almost all aspects, but I did like how they included a lot of life sim elements into the game. I wish other games did that more often. I mean the life sim elements that were in Fable kinda sucked anyway, you couldn't do much to decorate your house, you could marry somebody but they were all generic NPCs with no personality and the real estate/business sim aspect of it was basically just sitting around collecting rent. If somebody could do a game LIKE fable and add depth to the RPG elements, the combat, and the life sim stuff it could be a great game.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.