[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Unviable fighting game characters that are played way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 200x266
>ITT: Unviable fighting game characters that are played way too much
>>
>fighting game
>>
>>343214216
but he isnt unviable, he is actually pretty good, you just have to be good with him.
>>
Get outta here Hax$
>>
>>343214216
>unviable=I can't gitgud
>>
>>343214216
He obviously isn't unviable, but it's true that Captain Falcon is played more often than you would expect based on how good he is. That's most likely because a lot of people just find him fun to play. On the other hand, Jigglypuff is one of the best characters in the game but is greatly underrepresented because few people want to spend so much time on a character they don't find fun.
>>
>>343215281
>>343215382
>>343215621
>Pick Fox
>Auto win

Even Roy can stand a better chance than Le dash dance in neutral because I have no other options man
>>
>>unviable

>>>>fighting game
>>
>>343214216

He's fun to play, you spergy fuckwad.

>Dash around at the speed of fucking light
>Huge momentum on running jump, can shoot a fucking knee missile to snipe people
>Awesome combos
>He's a goddamn kamen rider motherfucker
>Falcon Punching casuals and killing them at low %
>Can get to items before anyone else because of the fast fucking running speed
>Hits like a goddamn truck
>Is heavy as fuck so you're not getting rid of him easily
>Knee kills anyone that can't DI at like 60-70%
>Aerials do massive damage

Fuck competitive talk, he's fun to play at all times. Brawl and Smash 4 can go to hell, he's boring and bad in those games.

>Smash 4 turned him into Dash Grab: The Character

Sakurai is the biggest hack ever.
>>
>>343214216
i wouldn't say unviable, but he's definitely not optimal. i doubt he'll ever win a major.
>>
>>343216721
I agree he's very fun but that's all. He will never win anything ever because he will never beat Fox
>>
>>343214216
>is literally viable all the way to top 8 of majors
Why does it matter for the other 99.9% of the player base if they play them?
>>
>>343214216
Any waifu character in fighting games
>>
>>343217435
Wizzy and S2J are just good, Falcon hardly cracks Top 16 otherwise
>>
>>343214216

He's not unviable, he just gets outshined (sometimes literally) by every other high tier. Let's break this down on a character by character basis, starting from the top.

>Fox
Outright beats Falcon. Better hitboxes, better moves, can stuff Falcon's recovery with shine, can tack on damage with lasers from afar. All around a much better character than Falcon in every possible way.

>Falco
Beats him even worse than Fox. Falcon is the perfect weight to be comboed by Falco with almost no effort. Falco's lasers can stop him from dash dancing out of control and can keep him in a constant state of restriction. Falco wins the neutral every time simply because of his lasers.

>Marth
Also very difficult for Falcon. The huge disjoint on Marth's sword beats everything Falcon has. Edgeguarding Falcon as Marth is also piss easy because of d-tilt and jab.

>Shiek
It's fucking Shiek

Falcon beats Peach and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>343218157
This. Falcon is essentially the gatekeeper to top tier play.
>>
>>343217503
Chun is a viable character in SF games and i believe GG has strong waifu characters desu.

Oh and yeah, DoA.
>>
>>343218157
Anon if you have no chance of sinning tournaments your character is unviable

Samus has a better shot of winning something than Falcon does
>>
>>343218773

Not as long as Fox or Shiek exist. I will say that Samus is by and large underrated, but a Samus will never win a major.
>>
FALCON
>>
File: 1466747932042.png (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466747932042.png
155 KB, 500x500
>not playing for fun
>being esports with friends
>>
>>343214216
>2016
>calling smash a fighting game

I'd think that by now this fallacy would be over, but the autism keeps snowballing.
>>
>>343216721
>Brawl and Smash 4 can go to hell, he's boring and bad in those games.

He's only bad in Brawl. Smash 4 Falcon is generally considered to be on the lower end of the high tier.
>>
>>343218157
fox, falco, and sheik have slight advantages vs falcon (and maybe jigglypuff as well) but falcon vs marth is even.
>>
>>343219378
He's average in 4
>>
>>343219520
>He's average in 4

Low end of high tier is not average. Being better than like 3/5ths of the cast is not being average. People place him in the same area as Metaknight and Ness, meaning he's a character with very powerful tools but has a major fault in some way.
>>
>>343219351

>Street Fighter
>has kicks and punches
>Smash
>also has kicks and punches

btfo, fag
>>
>>343219967
Ness and Meta Knight are FAR better then Falcon.

Falcon is more near Olimar and Robin he's average as hell
>>
>>343220476
>Ness and Meta Knight are FAR better then Falcon.
>Falcon is more near Olimar and Robin he's average as hell

t. Guy who has never played competitive Smash 4

Seriously, what you just said is so stupid and wrong that it can't be taken seriously.
>>
>>343221768
Falcon isn't good. Can't approach and is a giant hitbox there is a reason only one person uses him whose at a "high" level and he hardly places better than 25th
>>
>>343214216
>unviable
>fighting game
both of those are wrong
>>
>>343218773
Falcon has done better than Samus at every major tourney for like a year how do people come up with these delusions?
>>
>>343218428
I thought that was Shiek? Like, she blocks everyone below her yet the top gives her tons of trouble?
>>
Smash is not a fighting game.
It's a party game.
>>
>>343222752
>Can't approach and is a giant hitbox there is a reason only one person uses him whose at a "high" level and he hardly places better than 25th

He can approach, you just gotta learn to be patience and get your powershielding down.
His grab is fast, has good range and gets Falcon a lot.
Falcon also has a handful of good kill confirms and good combos.
You also have great edge guarding options.

Falcon is without a doubt a good character, he just has some big weaknesses. The same is true of Ness, Ness is just better because his back throw is ridiculous.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.