[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Konami is functionally a dying shopping mall in terms of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>Konami is functionally a dying shopping mall in terms of video game publishing and development
>most of Goemon's staff of note is at Good-Feel
>Good-Feel has a good working relationship with Nintendo, being entrusted with entries in franchises like Wario Land, Kirby and Yoshi platformers

What if Nintendo got Good-Feel to develop a Goemon-like title(either a 3D action-adventure or a 2.5D platformer) using one of their more overtly Japanese franchises like Takamaru/Murasame-jo?
>>
PULLASSSUMMAAAA
>>
File: 10 out of 10 out of 10.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 out of 10.gif
2 MB, 384x216
what if? i would mostlikely buy it.
>>
this game was great, never fully figured out the giant mech battles but that's okay because they weren't that hard anyways
>>
c-down; c-down; a
>>
>>343210915
Honestly, if anything else, its FPV giant mecha battles must be preserved for posterity.
>>
>>343210308
This was one of the best games I played on the N64 sadly Konami has not gotten around to releasing this game on the VC.
>>
>>343212098
Yae a cute
>>
>>343210308

I'd love this, but it would never happen. Konami would want something like publishing rights, but for Nintendo to put up the money or some shit.
>>
>>343210423
OEI OEI
>>
>>343213092
Licensing nightmare cause of the songs. Also Konami just don't give a shit.
>>
>>343215595
>Licensing nightmare cause of the songs

???
>>
>dying shopping mall
>implying anything of the sort
>literally making millions upon millions
>just got out of video game business because they are a cancerous money sink that provides little to no return on investments and take 5+ years to make
>phone games currently rake in more monthly than all AAA games combined do in the entire year on all platforms
>>
>>343215595
Really never knew about the music being caught in licensing hell always thought it was Konami being shit as par usual since this gen.
>>
>>343216083
Did you just stop reading at the word "mall" or what?
>>
I heard they couldn't put it on the virtual console because they couldn't get the memory pak to work correctly.
>>
>>343216671
Yeah I've heard this as well. Same reason there's no ghost data in MK64
>>
>>343210308
Sounds nice, but Nintendo of America would pass. It's way to hard of a game (and way too Japanese) for Nintendo of America to bother spending time and money localizing.

Unless they can make it take place in burgerland.
>>
>>343216983
Hasn't stopped them from flavoring up relatively dry scripts like KI:U or FE: Awakening to better appeal to the west.

It doesn't need to be hard-weeb. Just make it like some 80s B-movie ninja kitsch kind of thing.
>>
>>343218516
>flavoring
CENSOR-APOLOGIST GO AWAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.