[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've seen a hundred and one threads about Juri but n
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: Balrog.jpg (137 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
Balrog.jpg
137 KB, 1024x819
So I've seen a hundred and one threads about Juri but none about Rog, who looks fucking fantastic
Just look at all the shit he has in this game. Dash punch v-cancels into throws or overheads, Guile's v-trigger but with punches, target combos for days.
The only thing I'm unhappy about is the loss of the headbutt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF0yg1VBMXs&t=3237s
>>
Lets me honest, most of the people posting in those threads are waifufags and barely play.

This is why I like Killer Instinct or GG threads since we got some fucking game talk.
>>
>>343207853
More like gay talk
>>
File: 27_balrogfbimage09.jpg (354 KB, 1819x1017) Image search: [Google]
27_balrogfbimage09.jpg
354 KB, 1819x1017
>>343206778

Some reasons why headbutt was probably removed;
>Capcom trying to shy away from invincible reversals and encourage v-reversals instead. Since he doesn't have an Ultra 1 to downback>headbutt into, and since headbutt encourages rog players to downback alot, its removal encourages more mobile play with V-Skill.
>Headbutt is similar to Birdie's Bull horn. Birdie has been remade into a motion character and he was turned into a fatass/comedic relief good guy to make him and Balrog stand apart from each other, both being brutish charge niggers since alpha 3. Ultimately V-skill serves the same purpose as headbutt, offensively going through fireballs, while anti air st.mp and cr.hp are given more presence.
>Screw Smash is probably going to be his unsafe reversal. Basically his ex dash upper done with a flash kick motion, probably not armored on frame 1.
I think it's nice that they at least kept it in as his V-reversal. He's probably going to be mid-tier.
>>343207853
Please don't make it sound like goobers aren't guilty of waifufaggotry either. Every GG thread has Ram and Elphelt shitposting. KI maybe.This site is fucking trash for actual discussion anyways.
>>
>>343206778
Is Balrog still a charge character, or did they change him like Vega?
>>
>>343208578
>Capcom trying to shy away from invincible reversals and encourage v-reversals instead.
Except for on shotos, Karin, and Ibuki, right?
>>
>>343208761
Confirmed charged character for all his moves excepted his C.A which is motion, like Bison's.
>>
>rog is now a high low mix up character that shits out damage

Can't wait for 6 rogs in top 8 in evo.
>>
>>343208816
So far only shotos, necalli and cammy have meterless, invincible reversals. Invincible reversals and even some non-invincible reversals are crush-counter punished, which is kind of stupid. Wake up jab is the new wake up dp which is why shimmies and meaties are the new meme, other than >8 frames.
>>
>>343209213
>shotos, necalli and cammy

I wish they'd just get rid of them forever. I like the idea of having to use to bar to have invincible reversal, but having a free one is just bullshit. As Alex player, Kens give me the most trouble and one of the reason is the goddamn wakeup dp. You have to respect it so much.
>>
>>343209213
>Wake up jab is the new wake up dp which is why shimmies and meaties are the new meme, other than >8 frames.
Problem is how there are pretty much no hard knock downs anymore and most knock downs push them away. So by the time you get to them they are already up doing that jab unless of course they are against the corner.
>>
File: 1461977112701.png (85 KB, 288x285) Image search: [Google]
1461977112701.png
85 KB, 288x285
>>343209539
Funny how that should have strengthened the neutral game and removed the vortex, but it turns out the game rewards more offensive going ham play and jumping in. It's as if the game was made for him.
>>
I never cared about the Boxer but I like V version. Those punches have oomph and feels imposing. Only theme I like in the game so far. For example I liked Cammy's theme more on Turbo HD Remix and IV. Interested about his part on story mode since he's father or something to Ed. Default costume better than alt or premium. His critical is fine, not everything has to be a cut scene. V-skill useful against fireballs and Trigger is beastly.
>>
But where is Makoto?
>>
>>343209539
That's why you see people like Alex Valle working on Oki setups for Rashid all the time. It encourages knowledgeable play, and smart pressure to meaty wake up jabs. You don't just go in, you go in knowing exactly what you can do to beat your opponent's options.
>>
File: Cl7igcvUoAIkHbH.jpg orig.jpg (396 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Cl7igcvUoAIkHbH.jpg orig.jpg
396 KB, 2048x1365
So how about that Tokido's revengeance against Infil?
>>
>>343210596
She's a perfect fit for SFV's mechanics so they won't add her for years due to their allergies to good ideas lately.
>>
>>343210903
When they were putting on this belt it was funny watching on stream
>>
>>343206778
shame his critical art doesnt have a cool animation
>>
>>343210903
let's settle this once and for all
who takes EVO?
Infiltration or Tokido?
Fuudo fags need not apply
>>
>>343210903
It was nice. You would see the point where Infil broke and lost his composure. First time I've seen that (though there were some games during Crash where he wasn't there to begin with).

I didn't want Japan to win, though, and especially not a shoto. So that was sad.
>>
>>343211182
Momochi
>>
>>343211180
i like the one punch man CA. rog was never about flash, he's all about beating his opponent senseless.
>>
>>343206778
/v/ doesn't main niggers
>>
>>343211317
Same here. That critical fits Balrog.
>>
>>343210509
The full v-trigger combo doesn't do as much damage as the effects lead you to believe cos it scales a lot. I'd imagine doing dash-punch>1>2>v-skill reset into overhead>dash punch>1>2>3 into super is crazy damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZDeW58F44Q
>>
>>343211182
I hype for Infiltration because Nash.
>>
>>343211392
I mained punch nigger on IV.
>>
>>343211317
Plus his V trigger rekas are plenty of flash already.
>>
File: rog1.webm (1 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
rog1.webm
1 MB, 1200x675
>>343206778
there was one with over 400 replies this morning
>>
File: balrog_battle.jpg (82 KB, 677x773) Image search: [Google]
balrog_battle.jpg
82 KB, 677x773
The only thing I didn't like was his damage seems kinda low. He does have mix ups so I guess it is how much he can keep that train going but I figured he'd have a bit more

Balrogic arm CA is great though
>>
>>343210903

>infiltrations shorts shoes and haircut

how can 1 man be so based
>>
>>343211317
I kinda wish they had a bit of a zoom in or slow-mo effect when the punch hit, not a full camera angle change. It could use a bit more impact for a move that supposedly killed Dhalsim's elephant.
>>
File: 1461526987428.jpg (36 KB, 320x487) Image search: [Google]
1461526987428.jpg
36 KB, 320x487
>>343211829
>>
>>343211890
>killed Dhalsim's elephant
Dude what
>>
balrog is giving me the same feeling of i really wanna play this nigga like birdie. guessing these are my characters from now on.
>>
>>343206778
DESU, I mained Balrog in SFIV. 8 years was enough, I'm playing Guile (Or Urien if he's fun) this time. If this game had come out 4 years earlier, I would have jumped at the chance to main him (Tried to main him in SFxT, but he was shit, much like the game itself). Now? I'm burned out. Even with the changes, I want to play a zoner this time.
>>
>>343210903
Fake
>>
>>343211198
Yeah, I could make out clearly when Infil started panicking.

Hell, if you noticed, he stopped anti-airing with down strong.
>>
>>343212112
Some shit about him using it to kill one of Dhalsim's pet elephants in Alpha 3. SF characters have some crazy power levels despite their appearance.
>>
I felt bummed at first this kills Dudley's chances to be part of the roster but they did good job on Rog. Also hype for my boy Steve when T7 hits the shelves.
>>
>>343211198
>he was completely broken the final round ready to cry

Tokido is a monster.
>>
>>343212627
Dudley is a completely different style of character though, they are just both boxer
>>
>>343212627
>this kills Dudley's chances to be part of the roster
Why? Just because he's also a boxer? Dudley plays completly different than Balrog.
>>
>>343212685
Infil was getting his just dessert.

He bodied Tokido in 3 different grand finals.
>>
>>343212627
Since they kept Balrog a charge character, Dudely is actually MORE likely. Since lots of people want a boxer that isnt.
>>
File: 1461729801942.gif (106 KB, 201x152) Image search: [Google]
1461729801942.gif
106 KB, 201x152
>>343212627
Nah, Dudley has a fair chance, they've got very different movesets, different personalities and their rivalry is a good dynamic. Only deconfirmed thing is Dudley's V-trigger/skill won't be a rose throw since thats Vega's schtick.
>>
>>343208578
Balrog not having his headbutt is fine. I always think back to the various versions of headbutt we've had over the years:

>Super Turbo headbutt
>It's safe at some ranges, beats everything, can be buffered from low dash punch
Obviously we can't bring that one back.

>SFIV
>Only invincible to fireballs. Mostly good for combos into ultra. Not even that good of an anti-air
This game doesn't have Ultra Combos, so this headbutt would be pretty worthless since Balrog has other anti-fireball tools, and C.HP.

>Most other games
>Headbutt is just a bad anti-air option
This one is pretty useless.

IMO, there's no reason to have headbutt in this game unless it was the busted ST headbutt, because he has better anti-airs. Buffing standing mp sounds great too.
>>
>>343212909
Oh I know. After 6 months of losing he went into the lab for 100s of hours just to destroy him.
>>
Does his stage come out friday or is it just Karin's beach stage?

https://youtu.be/DljJUIJsBeU
>>
>>343213401
It should come with him as Guile's did
>>
>>343213401
Everything on Friday.
>>
File: ad694bd0b97ba943beebc8922999dd53.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ad694bd0b97ba943beebc8922999dd53.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
>>343213401
>To ensure this release packs an even bigger punch, Balrog’s story costume and premium battle costume will become available on 7/1, as well as a revival of the classic Las Vegas stage from Street Fighter II! The streets are lined with neon signs as you are cheered on by a fired up crowd.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/27/sfv-balrog-to-be-included-with-ibuki-and-the-cinematic-story-mode-update

Also

>That’s not all either. This summer, Street Fighter V is about to heat up! The Kanzuki Family Private Beach will now be available as an all new battle stage. This will also be released with the update on 7/1 and can be purchased for 70,000 fight money. Also, Karin’s premium summer costume will be available to purchase as part of this latest update. These can both be purchased from the PS Store and Steam for $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29.
>>
>>343212627
Seeing as more SF3 guys are getting in. Dudley is coming in the game
>>
why isn't urien half naked?
>>
>>343214360
Hasn't every 3S character got a redesign?
>>
>>343213401
Story mode
Shop changes
Karin's beach and outfit
Ibuki
Balrog
Redone connectivity
All on big Friday
>>
>>343214360
Because from what it looks like in the story, Urien is part of whatever organization that revived Nash and he's also seen in one of Balrog's story mode cutscenes in a meeting-like situation. He's being shown more as an authoritative figure, and it suits the story of SFV more. It wouldn't make sense for him to be strutting around naked, especially when Necalli is sort of going around doing that. In SF3 the story is more relevant to the Illuminati and Gill's new world order and their greek god motif, which is probably more appropriate.
Urien is most likely gonna get his thong as an alt anyways, either story or the summer beach alt. I think his redesign is alright.
>>
>>343206778
rog looks fucking stupid
im betting therell be at least two in top 8 at evo
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.