[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Sup /v/

I'm playing through Dark Souls for the first time, and figured I'd get better answers from people who argue about video games rather than people who exclusively praise them.

Because I'm retarded, I got all the way up to and through the Quelaag fight with a gimped build.
I thought all magic scaled from intelligence, so I've been pumping that on a Pyromancer swords'n'sorcery build. Imagine my surprise when it does nothing.
My stats are:
>Level 37
>Vit 18
>Att 12
>End 18
>Str 17
>Dex 12
>Res 16
>Int 19
>Faith 8

Am I still close enough to the start of the game that it's more worthwhile to start over and put more points into relevant things, or should I just suck it up and keep going?

>pic
Is there ANY reason NOT to cheese this fight? It's annoying as shit otherwise, and easy to do.
>>
>>343205570
You're early enough to restart if you wanted to, you are still pretty early in the game.
>>
File: cainhurst.jpg (1 MB, 3780x1713) Image search: [Google]
cainhurst.jpg
1 MB, 3780x1713
>>343205570
no shame in summoning for select bosses for your first playthrough, especially Quelaag on a pyromancer since she's immune to fire anyway. The NPC summon there can basically solo her, so any scrub around should do. It's not too late to do a purer quality (dex/str) build and have a few convenient spells like hidden body with your int level as it is, it's a plenty good build for a first run. Just have fun with the world and bosses themselves and you'll be good.
>>
>>343205570
levels don't mean shit in souls games, unless you need them for matchmaking, just keep playing. maybe you'll find a spell you like latter on or a weapon that has int scaling. almost everybody fucks up their stats the first time around, your gear matters more anyway. as long as you don't use too many resources on a weapon you hate you'll be fine, and even then you can farm pretty much every item you need
>>
>>343207467
No mildred cant
>>
File: siegmeyer_of_catarina.jpg (189 KB, 470x570) Image search: [Google]
siegmeyer_of_catarina.jpg
189 KB, 470x570
>>343207339
>>343207467
>>343207559
Thanks, mateys. I'll stick it out.
The next time around I'll know what I'm doing, so it'll be easier anyway.

General Dark Souls thread I guess.
>>
>>343205570
Pour a shitton on VIT and END, use chaos/lighting weapons, never lvl up res.

Ask others if you want to use miracles or spells since I don't use it
>>
>>343205570
If you want to start over then you're early enough to do it, but just know that most of all fucked our first playthrough of Dark Souls 1.

Really you'll be fine.
>>
>>343208226
> but just know that most of all fucked our first playthrough of Dark Souls 1.

It happend to me too.
I took Drake sword and didnt level up shit but my armor till I went to Sen funhouse
Couldnt do shit I had to restart as a bandit and dropped a BKH
Good times with this character, I crushed everything with it
>>
>>343208689
I keep hearing about the Drake Sword. Should I have gotten that by this point?
I've been switching between a Halberd and a Ghost Blade, depending on whether I need the range or not.
>>
>>343207770
If you're restarting, one build you can't possibly fuck up is the generic quality fighting dude. You find a weapon that scales with str and dex and has a moveset that you like. You keep upgrading that weapon up to +15 normal. Put your points into str, dex, vit, end.

I would advise you not to summon on your first playthough unless you are completely and absolutely frustrated with a boss. Not really a gitgud thing, just that I summoned once and regretted it, and I know others who had the same feeling about it.
>>
>>343209084
The drake sword is a meme noob trap most commonly associated with complete shitters, forget about it.
>>
>>343209084
To add to the Drake Sword, it does not have scaling so it loses its edge over other weapons once you get better stats and use weapons that get stronger for it.
>>
>>343209382
I summoned Solaire and the guy I saved from the Parish when I was fighting the Gaping Dragon, but they didn't do shit other than stand in the tail swipes and take some hits.
That fight was kind of boring, despite how terrifying the dragon looked.

>>343209574
>>343209714
Yikes, alright. I'll stick to stabbin' ghosts.
>>
>>343205570

your build certainly isnt "minmaxed" but it really doesnt matter. people beat DaS at SL1 with relative ease.

youll probably finish the game at SL60-70+ so you have plenty of time to pump relevant stats now that you know.
>>
>>343210193
That's actually one of the worst fights to summon for. NPC phantoms don't do much, while messing up the boss' patterns and adding a fuckton of health to his already bloated bar. Otherwise he's really easy to deal with solo by just keeping your distance to bait his slow and poorly tracked crawl attack, then beating his ass until he recovers.
>>
>>343210193
Both of them suck against the gaping dragon, especially solaire. But on some other bosses is a godsend, if you cant deal with the boss
>>
>>343210707
That's what I ended up doing. I don't think I took a single hit after the phantoms died and I could manipulate its position.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.