[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>low-mid level gear looks better than over designed high level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1463804423884.jpg (72 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1463804423884.jpg
72 KB, 500x544
>low-mid level gear looks better than over designed high level trash
>you can invest resources to make your beloved gear just as strong as high level gear

what game does this?
>>
>>343203447
I don't think any games do this.
>>
>>343203447
Monster hunter
>>
>not having an option to wear the better-looking, weaker gear while actually equipping the stronger, ugly-looking gear
>>
>>343203447
none, and this pisses me off.
play any TES game and I like the steel sword better than deadric but late game am forced to use deadric...
>>
>>343203625
That's only for armor, isn't it?
>>
>>343203447
Destiny, and wow transmogs I think haven't played either in ages though
>>
>Game has upgradeable/evolving equipment
>Alright weapon evolves and completely changes into a piece of shit

Fucking Lava Gun.
>>
>>343203625
which MH does this?
you can only upgrade your armor to a small extent.
>>
There was a browser game that let the players make pet fights

you started off with a roach but could upgrade to a pigeon, rat, cat, wolf etc.

OR you could invest your money into training your starting cockroach so it could beat polar bears.

the best thing was the money to buy a polar bear was the same you needed to train a roach to become as strong as one.
>>
>>343203787
you can do the enchant/alch/armorer exploit to buff good looking weapons to be as strong as ass looking ones.
>>
>>343203545
>>343203447

Guildwars kind of lets this happen. Provided the weapon has the max damage rating, even a common drop can be upgraded to be just as good as the rarest possible weapons.
>>
Terraria let you put your old stuff on as cosmetics, and use the new stuff for stats.
>>
>>343203447
Sengoku Basara 4, sort of.
>>
Dragon dogma

You can dragon forge any gear to be at least usable
>>
>>343203447
I havent played it but doesnt World of Warcraft do this?
I think you can make end game gear look like lvl1 starter gear.

Other than that the only other game that comes to mind is Dark souls 1&2 with upgrade able armor
>>
I only see examples of letting me do so with weapons not armor. Although I heard mmo's are good about letting you wear certain designs instead of the one you are actually equipped with. Luckily most games I play the higher level armor actually looks the best.
>>
Soulsborne games don't usually have "high level" gear. Everything has advantages and disadvantages.
>>
>>343203447
Four Heroes of Light.
>>
Akiba's Trip. You can buff any item in the game to be super powerful. I became the worlds strongest boxer by mashing every powerful item into boxing gloves from the beginning of the game.
>>
>>343203447
Dark Souls
>>
>>343203447
FF14 does this, you can put every weapon skin in the game on every weapon/armor part.

Some people even farm old dungeons just for the skins. Some people only play the game for the glamour stuff.
>>
>>343203987
Nope in MHX you can keep upgrading whatever weapon you want.
>>
Witcher 3 with mods :^)
>>
>>343204213
That's awesome sounding.
>>
>>343204020
At least we got the based LN gun in the sequel
>>
>>343204708
Except the high level stuff looks semi-decent in Terraria.
>>
>>343204127
In 4U you can grind gqs for divine armor spheres.
>>
>>343206168
FFXI does this as well but better.
>>
>>343204001

Both correct, although you can only do this with Legendary and Exotic in Destiny.
>>
>>343203447
Phantom Brave
Arguably the disgaea games
>>
>>343204127
Monster Hunter X allows you to level up any weapon to end game level
>>
>>343203771
this is the best way to handle it

which games do this?
all I can think of is terraria right now
>>
Hyrule Warriors does this. By unlocking all the weapons and their upgrades you're able to occasionally find and unlock skills on your weapons that will drastically increase your weapon's power. If my understanding is correct, unlocking the skill on any weapon will elevate them to the same level of power regardless of their actual level, so for example a lv1 weapon and a lv 3 weapon with that skill will be the same overall increased power level.
>>
>>343206612
shit was cash.
it was a German game about playing a homeless person. you could beg for money for x hours and learn instruments to earn more. clan wars and pvp was a thing too.

it was well written for a browser game.

the best thing: by buying a one time 5€ premium account, part of that money went to homeless shelters
it was satire but also charity.

sjws cried so loud it had to be put down
>>
File: 1453666803543.png (531 KB, 1195x1151) Image search: [Google]
1453666803543.png
531 KB, 1195x1151
>game lets you pick what equipment to use for your appearance so you can optimize by stats at will

I can understand why, in maybe competitive multiplayer games for example, that this might not be ideal, but for single player games, there is no excuse for this not being a universal feature.

That Amalur game, and Xenoblade Chronicles X were the two most recent titles I can remember giving this as an option, but I bet Zelda: BotW(which XCX dev Monolith Soft is even working on) won't have it.
>>
>>343207290
Name?
>>
>>343203787
Sky forge steel great sword is GOAT
>>
>>343207528
Pennergame

Penner means hobo
>>
>>343206875
those still don't get armor ratings nearly as high as end game gear.
>>
File: penner5.jpg (106 KB, 802x706) Image search: [Google]
penner5.jpg
106 KB, 802x706
>>343207528
itbwas back in 2007/6 when I played, seems to be up again. I just remembered some controversy in the media due to alcohol and making fun of hobos.

oh and it had its own stock market with bottles.

here in Germany, drinks in plastic bottles cost 25ct extra so you can return the empty bottles and get your 25ct back (some way to counteract pollution).
do you actuslly do see some poorer people roam the streets for thrown away plastic bottles.

Pennergame crested a stock market with this system, pretty fun
>>
File: IMG_20151208_181452699.jpg (648 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_181452699.jpg
648 KB, 2048x1152
>>343208460
>needing max def

Motherfucker it's gets high enough for G rank shit. You can finish the whole game naked if you're not a shitter.
>>
Similar:

The Jap-only version of DQM:Joker2 let you turn any monster in the game into a top-tier stats version.
>>
>>343208718
>4 people
>2 insect glaives and a bowgun
if it were bombs over gogmazios, i would be impressed.

why even bring a hammer instead of a horn or GS or CB?

i've played with everyone in that pic but lxmodeus. you're alright.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.