[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digimon > Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: 1466736814089.jpg (109 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
1466736814089.jpg
109 KB, 600x538
So I'm playing pic related as I'm poor as shit and still have my old DS.

How is it possible this game series never went big? It's like Pokemon but good.

Could have used a hard-patch though.
>>
Is my opinion about the monster-games not controversial enough?
>>
>>343199731

Its pretty boring, I like digimon and still think pokemon is better
>>
>>343199932

How? Pokemon has worse combat system, less interesting creatures, less stats and autism-bait, and is set in a far less interesting world.

The only thing Pokemon has is nostalgia bait. And this from someone who's never watch a single episode of the Digimon show.
>>
>>343200038
Pokemon combat is more complex and has more strategy
"Interesting monster" is subjective, the designs of each have a very different feel and purpose so I dont think one is better than the other
I dont care for stats or autism bait Id rather have a nice game world to walk around in
Digimon does a poor job at making their worlds believable outside the first world game, granted pokemon still has a long way to go too.

the nostalgia argument is irrelevant I have way more nostalgia for digimon and it will change based on your personal history with games
>>
>>343199019

Agreed.
>>
bad marketing? The first 3 DW games were on Playstation. Then they switched to Nintendo.
And at that time Digimon wasn't even on TV anymore except in Japan and maybe premium cable/satellite channel.

Basically starting over every time with a new audience.
>>
>>343200423

Pokemon doesn't have ANY strategy beyond weakness selection.

Digimon already does that better by having more than one mon out at any given time.
>>
>>343201229
You are honestly very ignorant so Im going to stop replying now
>>
>>343201323

That's a nice way of revealing you are completely out of arguments.
>>
Digimon is and always will be a Pokemon knockoff.
>>
>>343201163

I never understood why they went to the big N with Digimon. It was always going to be treated like a second-rate prdouct by Nintendo, because they had their own mainline set of monsters to focus on.

Why would Nintendo do anything to support the competition?
>>
>>343201491
He's not out of arguments. That other anon who said:
>Pokemon doesn't have ANY strategy beyond weakness selection.
is ignorant as he doesn't even know about EVs, IVs, Natures, Rotation/Double/Triple battles, items, etc. Pokemon can be very deep in the meta.
>Digimon already does that better by having more than one mon out at any given time.
Literally ignoramus.
>>
>>343202019
>poster IPs didn't increase
>he

Better grab that photoshop!
>>
>>343199019
This is how it works anon.

>Anime
Digimon is better.

>Games
Pokemon is better

This has been true since the beginning. Also should've got world dusk/dawn as they have more digimon, and more digivolutions. It's not perfect, but still better than world ds.
>>
>>343199019
Because that game you posted is grindfest shit with random encoubters out the ass.
Game revolves grinding out the specific type exp digi and devolve till you reach 999 stats and ramming your cock down everyones throat.
>>
>>343202019
>Double/Tripple
Gimicks aren't depth. If the entire game had been centered around tripple battles, you would have been right. But it isn't.
>>
>>343201229
In pokemon weakness selection is not even that important anymore, sure it helps but you can win while being in type disadvantage if you use your moves wisely, there are a lot of support moves that changes stuff around, try to play showdown sometime.

>>343202214
After having recently finished all digimon anime and then watched the last pokemon anime episode I can say that pokemon anime is currently superior.
>>
>>343202371
doubles are the preferred way to play pokemon in official tournaments
>>
File: file.png (177 KB, 250x275) Image search: [Google]
file.png
177 KB, 250x275
So this is 50% off on PSN. Is it any good?
>>
File: dDqvF8w.jpg (25 KB, 534x267) Image search: [Google]
dDqvF8w.jpg
25 KB, 534x267
digimon fooled around with sexuality and other adolescent themes

I had some good old wanks out of this show
>>
>>343202554
Its very good for a digimon game
>>
>>343202371
So you ignore everything else I wrote? You a Pokemon hater or something? Either way I don't care, the facts have been shown.
>>
>>343202554
Do you like the digimon story games? If so get it
I paid 23 for my copy and its probably the worst jrpg i played in a while since boss battles boil down to pierce moves later on. Dont play on hardmode unless you love grinds
>>
>>343201491
Because I've done this song and dance enough as is.
Pokemon has strategy in abilities, held items, team synergy, and the individual Pokemon itself.
Digimon is just grind your monster, specially since this increases its hidden resistances. Shame too since it looks more tactical due to the deployment aspect of the battles and zone strikes but ulitmately nothing matters other than raw damage. It's boring.

>>343201737
Bandai made the games, Nintendo did nothing to hinder them.
>>
>>343201737
What the fuck does digimon being on a nintendo product have to do with anything?
>>
>>343202578
>make digimon women hot sluts that crave human dick
>nothing ever comes of this
Fuck you too Bamco.
>>
>>343202554
the only game that actually is better than pokemon
always pick hardmode
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 540x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 540x622
>>343204413
>brain dead version of the ds games
>better
>>
They took a pet trainer game and made it a boring RPG. Digimon World 1 was best game.
Re:Digitized went back to that apparently.

But I couldn't just buy the game. I had to either buy a vita or a 3DS.
Oh wait, silly me, they never localized it.
>>
>>343202214
Dusk and Dawn are way slower. My paience has a limit.
>>
I remember Digimon World 3 had a ridiculous amount of backtracking.
>>
>>343204492
ds games are as braindead as it gets
not to mention
>ds graphics
>>
>>343204526
>not playing the fan translated version on psp
>not waiting for the fan translation of the 3ds version
>>
>>343204943
It's not really the graphics as much as it is the perspective.
Made shit more irritating.
>>
>>343204949
>How...this game series never went big?
>fan translations

there's your answer.
>>
I remember you had to grind encounters so that you can capture digimon
And then you have to grind specific experience
And then you devolve and evolve over and over to get better stats
Felt like some kinda korean grindfest
>>
>>343205326
Better fan (lolslated than censoredlized.
>>
>>343205326
true, there are actually a lot of them that didn't get translated
hell, there is one out right now that isn't getting translated
>>
File: Quality.jpg (11 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
Quality.jpg
11 KB, 245x206
>>343200038
>How? Pokemon has worse combat system, less interesting creatures, less stats and autism-bait, and is set in a far less interesting world.

You're sorely mistaken if you think Pokemon has a worse battle system and less interesting world. The Pokemon battle system isn't perfect, but it functions well enough to be a relatively good competitive multiplayer experience which is fare above most turn based RPGs have accomplished. The Digimon ones have absolutely no semblance of thought put into them they're almost all broken.

As an ex-fan of Digimon the Digimon games are some of the most mediocre RPG/DungeonCrawler/DiabloClone whatevers I've played. There are only two games in the series worth playing: Digimon World 1 and Digital Card Battle.
>>
>>343205420
>devolve and evolve over and over to get better stats
Shit was so broken, it was awesome.
>>
Which was your team in Digimon World DS?

Mine was Wargreymon, Rosemon and Etemon.
>>
>>343199019
Can we all agree that digimon anime was superior?
>>
I've wondered this too. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed pokemon games, but the last one I played was ruby and sapphire and they did become pretty much shit after that. I agree there is hardly any depth to the battle system, literally any RPG with more than 4 moves is better. I loved the first DW but it was bugged as fuck. still tho it was a great game that was underrated even with the attention it did get.

Also fuck Bandi for not putting actual effort into their games.
>>
>>343206167
Dianamon, cyberdramon, and lillymon.
Beat the game with them.
>>
>>343205420
>Felt like some kinda korean grindfest

That's pretty much every digimon game. Even the PS1 games had intense grinds(Like Digimon World 2's level caps that are increase by DNA digivolving two digimon down into one level 1 to increase the cap by 1/5th of the current digimons level ontop of the current level and the starting level cap is 13)
>>
>>343206310
I'm an idiot that was my dusk team.
My DWDS team was rosemon, hiandromon, and piedmon.
>>
>>343205864
>There are only two games in the series worth playing: Digimon World 1 and Digital Card Battle.

100% agreed
>>
>>343199019

Digimon has better monsters, pokemon had better games. To make the best digimon game you'd get 1 partner that could become any of the 2000 or w/e digimon that exist.

The game would have a 150 hour campaign. Also side bosses that would require certain digimon to beat even if its just have a data/vacc/vir based on typing or get your shit pushed in.

Would be great to have the knowledge for how to obtain many digimon hidden in the game or require the community to do a lot of digimon breeding to figure out how to get all of the roster. At the end of the day I always thought digimon was about raising/breeding like a tamagotchi so getting something rare would be more exciting.

Slightly more randomized stats and combat with qte might even make online interesting to see who breeds the best digimon.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 394x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 394x607
>>343206178
>can we all agree
No, specially when only 2 seasons out of six aren't shit.
>>
>>343206178
I can agree that adventure was very good, thats it.
>>
>>343205864
A lot of games from Japan aren't marketed as Rpgs there. The Atelier series are "Life Sims", Digimon is a "Pet Trainer".

"Rpg" is just an approximate term they use for marketing in N.A., and I'm assuming Europe, and then they do bad because people are comparing apples with oranges.
This also explains why there's a generation of gamers that don't know how to define RPG.
>>
>>343201163
These games were called Digimon Story in Japan. Bamco decided every game needed to be branded Digimon World in the U.S.
>>
File: Digimon World Dawn.jpg (231 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Digimon World Dawn.jpg
231 KB, 960x720
I like Digimon games.
>>
So how about that yokai watch?
>>
>>343199019
>How is it possible this game series never went big?
Pokemon is interconnected, so that a kid playing Pokemon today can transfer their favorite pokemon over to the next game in the series and continue playing. It uses the same creatures and (mostly) same mechanics, so switching games is more like an upgrade to the series than a new title. There are people who have been effectively playing the same Pokemon game since 2002.

Nobody has been playing the same Digimon game for 14 years, so there is not the motivation to keep playing when a new one comes out. Plus, they keep changing how the new Digimon games work each time a new one comes out - different creatures, different capture rules, different raising methods - so that one game which may attract attention but the next wouldn't keep it. And let's face it, a lot of Digimon World's mechanics are frankly terrible. You can complain about catching in pokeballs all you want, but at least it's more interesting than just running around an area until you beat up enough of one type to fill a % meter.

Also, the same pokemon and same evolutions gives Pokemon the edge when it comes time to remember them. Remember Pikachu? Remember Charmander turning into a Charizard? That's because there's always Pikachu, and it's always the same thing. Charmander always turns into Charizard. But what does Greymon turn into? There's probably a dozen or more different potential end-steps for Greymon, most of which won't appear in any one game, which makes it a lot harder to recognize and identify - even if Greymon is one in every title. If I am a fan of the Leavanny pokemon or Ho-oh pokemon, then I can still use them in the newest title. But if I am a fan of Lunamon? Well fuck me if I'm not playing Digimon Dusk or the one other title it appears in.

Fossil Fighters is still better than both.
>>
>>343207114
You and 4 others, 3 of which are spics
>>
>>343201737
>Why would Nintendo do anything to support the competition?

Why should they? It's NamcoBandai's job to support Digimon, not Nintendo's. Yo-Kai Watch kind of shows if the game is done right a monster collecting game can do as well as Pokemon, atleast in Japan.
>>
>>343202214
Dusk is good. Pokemon origin is top their tho senpai.
>>
digimon is dead anyways, not even bandai believes in it
Make way for appmon
>>
>>343207735
>no big tittied sluts
Hell no.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2737x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2737x2000
>>
The digital world is always a different place. Sometimes it's a parallel dimention.
Sometimes it's a MMO
Sometimes it's the Internet.

A fan of the show might not be a fan of the games.
A fan of one game might not be a fan of another game.

This franchise never settles or remains consistent.
>>
Now play Dawn or Dusk
>>
Grindy as fuck.
>>
>>343208834
The battles make me motion sick.
Ok, not really, but it gives me a headache.
>>
>>343208743
They also never use the profiles.
Shit like ophanimon and lilithmon being the same person is never going to be a story.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1768x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1768x2500
>>
is the english patch for the 3ds game out yet?

also is the new game for PS4 any good?
>>
File: image.png (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16 KB, 500x500
>>343210651
No.
>>
File: image.jpg (463 KB, 636x1368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
463 KB, 636x1368
If a man turns into a woman and you fuck her, is it gay?
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.