[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Better than Super Mario World.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: S3KTitle.jpg (787 KB, 1920x1338) Image search: [Google]
S3KTitle.jpg
787 KB, 1920x1338
Better than Super Mario World.
>>
File: yoshi_234234.png (506 KB, 2625x3427) Image search: [Google]
yoshi_234234.png
506 KB, 2625x3427
>no yoshi
>worse level design
>worse mechanics
>hold right to win
>better than mario
>>
>>343194009
Yet vastly inferior to Sonic 2.
>>
>>343194309
Sonic 2 was trash
>>
File: Sonic_Angry.jpg (89 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Angry.jpg
89 KB, 500x584
>>343194309
What the fuck? Sonic 2 had Metropolis Zone, which is one of the most tedious and bullshit zones of all time. Aquatic Ruin, despite its excellent thematics and music also had bullshit enemy placement and its falling platforms were not telegraphed very well. Also, Tails couldn't fly.

Sonic 3&K has better music, better level design, more levels, more characters, a better story, better character designs, better special stages and better power-ups.

The ONLY thing that Sonic 2 did better than Sonic 3 was its multiplayer. I will concede that to you.

>>343194578
I wouldn't go that far. Sonic 2 is great. Sonic 3 is a masterpiece. It's Sonic 1 that's trash, but even then it's only trash compared to its sequels, which is how sequels should be anyway.
>>
>>343194578
fuck you
>>
>>343194009
You are out of your fucking mind. Delete this and don't let me catch you posting here again.
>>
>>343195239
>Tails couldn't fly
>The ONLY thing that Sonic 2 did better than Sonic 3 was its multiplayer
tails could fly if you put a second control in. the only multiplayer there was was that. it never hinted that you could do it.
>>
>>343194009
>>343194308
>>343194309
I like Sonic 2, but I never understood the sentiment that it's superior to S3K. I feel like S3K mastered the formula towards making Sonic a unique, high speed platformer. Every stage is consistently fast while blending platforming elements seamlessly. In Sonic 2, they were getting there, but there were still clunky zones like Metropolis and Oil Ocean.

The only universally agreed "dud" in S3K seems to be the barrel, but its become so infamous that everyone knows what to do when they encounter it now.
>>
>>343195239
>better music
False. It tried to to do too much, and the Genesis coudln't handle it. It should have been a Sega CD game for what they wanted to do.

>better level design
False. No sense of speed at all due to the way levels are.

>more levels
Only if you bought the DLC

>more characters
Characters are the last reason to play a Sonic game

>a better story
>turning Sonic into MUH PROPHECY shit

>better character designs
Now I know you're just trolling. Sonic 3 the Weasel doesn't look good at all

>better special stages
There's three and they're all trash

>better power ups
Debatable. They're more diverse, but everyone of them is shit because they make jumping so imprecise. Only decent one is Electric shield, and that's just Casual mode since it grabs the rings for you.
>>
>>343195491
>tails could fly if you put a second control in
Tails can't fly when player-controlled in Sonic 2 at all, have you played the game?

>>343195519
>but I never understood the sentiment that it's superior to S3K.
Hipsters.
>>
>>343194009
PS HEY BUDDY
THIS IS WHAT THE /vr/ BOARD WAS CREATED FOR.
YOU KNOW, TO DISCUS /vr/ GAMES
>>
>>343194009
>Game based on running fast
>Can't see more than 3 feet ahead where you're running
>>
File: 1464704444513s.jpg (4 KB, 124x115) Image search: [Google]
1464704444513s.jpg
4 KB, 124x115
>>343195590
>No sense of speed
Maybe if you suck. Sonic 3&K's levels were structured such that they don't hand out speed as often, so the player had to actually WORK to get speed. Sonic 2 had a lot more sections where speed as just given to you so they could show off their Blast Processing.

>DLC
Confirmed for not knowing what acronyms mean. Sonic & Knuckles is literally the second half of Sonic 3. It's a sequel that, when combined with the first, becomes a combination of both halves.

You're basically saying that Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi are just A New Hope DLC.
>>
>>343194009
I made a thread like this a while back and the general consensus was 50/50.

They're both masterpieces anyways.
>>
>>343195590
>>better level design
>False. No sense of speed at all due to the way levels are.

"muh sense of speed!" Nobody gives a fuck about "sense of speed." it doesn't make the game fun. In fact, it's the reason sonic games have sucked for so long. Modern sonic games have been great for giving you a sense of speed, it makes the game mindless and "hold right to win."

>Only if you bought the DLC
STFU. & knuckles was a full blown expansion. The good kind.

>Characters are the last reason to play a Sonic game
No. Characters gave it a lot of replay value. Something the first 2 games sourly lack.

>>a better story
>>turning Sonic into MUH PROPHECY shit
The master emerald, sonic having a rival (knuckles) and a metal sonic were all fucking awesome.

>>better special stages
>There's three and they're all trash
The ball game was fun as hell, while the special stage from 1 was trash and the half pipes in 2 were meh.

>>better power ups
>everyone of them is shit because they make jumping so imprecise.

No they don't. Get gud you fucking retard.

>Only decent one is Electric shield, and that's just Casual mode since it grabs the rings for you.

Fire was a lot of fun too.
>>
>>343195590
>No sense of speed at all due to the way levels are.

you almost got me, but you can still have a (you)
>>
>>343195239
S3 isn't a masterpiece, it's not even finished. S3&K isn't a finished product, either.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.