[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I enjoy older fast paced fps. I got Unreal Gold from the steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: hiresunreal.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hiresunreal.jpg
384 KB, 1920x1080
I enjoy older fast paced fps.

I got Unreal Gold from the steam sale and installed the 227i unofficial patch and HiRes textures as well as Quake and System Shock 2, again with high res textures and several other mods. There is something about the low poly but high res texture world playing effortlessly on my pc in 120 fps in combination with the fast gameplay that appeals to me.

Any other hidden gems I can enjoy on the cheap? Alive online player base is a plus.
>>
>>343190717
Quake Live is free and teaches you how to go fast. Xonotic is the Nexuis teams re-creation of the game because one of the founder sold them out with the console version
>>
>>343190968
>Quake Live is free
Hello slowpoke.
>>
>>343190717
Doom.
But then add zdoom to make it modern (modern native high resolutions, easily configurable keys, disables that stupid mouse movement = player movement etc.)
>>
File: demonsteele.png (49 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
demonsteele.png
49 KB, 500x240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RElfXigIe4c
>>
>>343191142
Do enemies even stand a chance?
>>
>>343191414
It is well balanced and challenging.
>>
>>343190717
The only multiplayer Arena Shooter that has players is Quake Live. Not sure how you consider Quake/SS2 as "hidden" gems, but the more popular "oldschool" shooters should be good, there aren't many any hidden gems, the closest to ones that I can think of is Strife, Chexquest, Powerslave, and Requiem: Avenging Angel.
>>
File: lossagna.png (179 KB, 379x340) Image search: [Google]
lossagna.png
179 KB, 379x340
>>343190717
>that ground texture
jesus christ that's some ugly shit, it's like they took a photograph of some grass and flowers and called it a day
also what the fuck happened to your brightness/gamma settings

anyway, i can't say i have too many recommendations for what you're looking for - the hexen series, duke nukem 3d, and avp classic 2000 are some good old games to look at, and available on steam to boot
as far as hexen goes (and doom, as >>343191035 said) you'll want something like zdoom to run it on
by the way, the brutal doom mod is a little controversial because of some of the changes it makes, but personally i enjoy it just as much as default, and the mission pack they optionally bundle with it is pretty good

a little less along the lines of fast paced fps games are stuff like vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines (using the unofficial patch), the old XCOM series (running with OpenXCOM), rollercoaster tycoon 2 (with OpenRCT2) and some of the star wars games like battlefront 2, knights of the old republic 1 & 2, and the jedi knight series

have fun
>>
>>343191414
You'd be surprised how hard it is to not get hit at times. Mancubi for one shoot FOUR fireballs per shot, Revnants shoot rockets in succession, and the monster replacements can quickly turn the game into FPS bullet hell at times. Helps that the player has a smaller hitbox and dashing makes you invincible for a split second.
>>
Some serious Sam game.
I only ever played the Xbox 360 version.
>>
Devil Daggers is pretty cool. Too bad it's not on sale.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.