[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a worst sequel you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (1 MB, 800x1128) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 800x1128
name a worst sequel you can't
>>
Metal Gear Solid 2
>>
File: 1466774241880.jpg (26 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1466774241880.jpg
26 KB, 599x337
>>343190545
>Metal gear solid 2
>Not being the best game ever
>>
File: kjnmbjhkihuyiohio.png (2 MB, 715x1079) Image search: [Google]
kjnmbjhkihuyiohio.png
2 MB, 715x1079
>>343190883
mgs3 is better in every way and if you don't think so you have shit taste
>>
>>343190883
>we'll make the plot, cast and dialogue so fucking retarded and bad that apologist hipsters will 2deep4u it
>>
>>
I will take DoD 2 over Mass Effect 3 any day.
>>
Are you fucking kidding me? Drakengard 1 isn't even a good game to begin with.

How about something that actually does fuck over its predecessors by mere association, like Metroid Other M?
>>
>>343190287

I love the cover-art though. Look at the face and the eyes of that protagonist.

He fucking knows.

They even managed to squeeze in some fan-service in the background.
>>
>>343190287
I started with Drakengard 2 and, if not for it, I never would have gone back to Drakengard 1 and discovered the utter insanity that is Yoko Taro's works.

In terms of Drakengard atmosphere it failed to live up to its predecessor, but as an individual game it was better in a lot of ways. The gameplay was refined and played a lot better, the music was nicer, the graphics looked marginally better, and I liked most of the characters.

Sure it was fairly generic shonen and did not deserve to be called Drakengard 2, but I honestly wouldn't have minded if more games of that type eventually existed one day, spiritual successors to Drakengard 2 if you will. Dragons and all.

Also I feel like its only saving graces in terms of actually earning the Drakengard name are these two scenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ktsy7fqiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqey0mQNttw

The game had some pretty nice FMVs. I'll admit to the dragon and caim being kind of sad the first time I played it, but it wasn't until I replayed it after playing Drakengard 1 that it really hit me that, because of just how much they got shit on in the first drakengard, that was probably the best ending the two were ever going to get.

>>343191814
Drakengard 1 wasn't a good GAME, but Drakengard 2 was a failure as a sequel because it was more anime than insanity. It failed to live up to the kind of world and atmosphere laid down by the first Drakengard.

Really Yoko's games haven't been known to have particularly great gameplay until this recent Nier: Automata. Nier's gameplay was serviceable, at best, and Drakengard 3's was kind of fucked in general.
>>
>>343191915
he looks like a baby that's about to start crying
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.